Supposed to be the strongest mutant

>Supposed to be the strongest mutant
>Gets killed by a bunch of teenagers

That was the whole point of the movie which you obviously didn't get. In the very beginning, they show he isn't really powerful or a god, he only survives by using other my mutants mutants' powers. That's why he doesn't die in the first five minutes because his horsemen saved him. Without them, he would've been killed by plain jane men. Throughout the movie, he constantly needs to steal powers or have other people do the work for him, yet he is still like I am a god, which he was far off from. This is what the how movie tried to say and practically spelled it out to you awesome the way batman vs superman kept saying superman is jesus. I bet you didn't get that too.

You just described most action cartoons in existence.

That's... the point?

He wasn't actually all that powerful in himself, he just believed he was.

Phoenix did most of the work.

Phoenix killed him, His healing factor would have kept him alive long enough to kill them off one at a time, also He was on the verge of remote controlling Professor X's mind control powers

The problem was that they had Apocalypse taken down by some really poorly introduced characters. Jean, Cyclops, Storm and Nighcrawler felt like they barely got any screen time for them to take on such a big threat.

>>Supposed to be the strongest mutant

> trapped in a tomb by a bunch of non mutant slaves

> supposed
being the key word

Yeah, it took all the other strongest mutants teaming up to take his down, thus, he is the strongest.

> trapped in a tomb by a bunch of non mutant slaves
Humans>Mutants

Apocalypse is the strongest villain of any marvel movie, by a decent margin.
It took the combined power of the world's most powerful psychic, and two other major threat characters who could easily destroy the world if they chose, to defeat him.
Quicksilver, a character so powerful he was restricted to a single scene in the previous movie to stop him from instantly solving the plot, was entirely useless and shut down in the literal blink of an eye.
No other team in any marvel movie could have taken him down, with the possible exception of the GotG and their power ranger team-combo-super-beam.

That reminds me.

The way Quicksilver was defeated by Apocolypse was absolute bollocks.

I get that he wasn't allowed to stop Apocalypse, since only Jean is allowed to be the most powerful, but the way he was defeated was disgusting.

Remember when he could turn people into sand with a thought?
And how he build a giant pyramid from rubble/sand single handedly?
Good thing he didn't forget about those powers during the final battle.

Indeed.
That would have been really embarrassing.

>He wasn't actually all that powerful in himself

What the fuck are you talking about?He survived being impaled, he has global teleportation, he basically disarmed the entire world of its nukes in less then a minute, he is basically immortal, he is one of the only mutant who can beat quicksilver, can kill regular humans almost instantly and has the typical 'pull powers out of his ass' superpower (I am from 3000 BC but can control a television and can become fluent in a language that I never heared of in 10 seconds).

The only reason he lost was because of the utter bullshit that is the Pheonix, she can 1v1 any mutant in existance pretty much and she had help from other mutants to.

Why do people make this argument? Like 80% of villains or antagonists are supposed to be some prodigy of evil or an ancient conqueror escaped from his seal or a dormant dark power etc etc. The point is that an insurmountable force makes for a story that tickles your ape storytelling brain. "An ancient evil awakes and then it just wins because it's actually the strongest" isn't a good story, or a good anything, on its own.

If this guy was supposed to be the Darkseid and Thanos of the X-Men franchise, then I thought they would've given him a 2-part movie or something.

Apocalypse is a jobber.

>batman vs superman kept saying superman is jesus

No, everybody got that. It's one thing for a supervillain to say "I am a god", they've been doing that since Langella's Skeletor, it's quite another thing to frame every shot of your protagonist and have every discussion about him devolve into an anology and iconographic reference to a specific godhead in two overly pretentious movies.

Stop thinking you're a fucking analytical filmgoer because you're able to spot Christ in Snyder's Superman. It's harder to spot Christ in a chapel.

>no jubilee
Kill me now

>Jean Grey. Storm, and Magneto
>Three of the more powerful mutants in comic history

Because nobody in the history of humanity did a big, energy-exerting action and got tired which caused them to be unable to do that again for a while. Nope!

>Supposed to be the strongest Grimm
>Gets killed by a bunch of teenagers

Well he did get a fucking pyramid dropped on top of him

Speaking of why was there a giant shaft built under the pyramid?

What is the point of making powerful villains like this, when they will just get shit on? You see when I DM and the players failed to stop the BBEG from reaching higher power. I auto end the session. The last session I ran, the players kept doing stupid shit, the big bad got the parts of a ancient weapon, would can warp reality on a whim. The first act he did was remove all that opposed him from the fabric of reality.

How can one have winning in the bag and just throw it away like that?

The whole thing was built to be a trap