Will we ever get space kino like this again or are we left with garbage like STD...

Will we ever get space kino like this again or are we left with garbage like STD, the Orville and the Expanse for eternity?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e3bVHf8UEEA
youtube.com/watch?v=FYwpt092O7U
youtube.com/watch?v=4EQXEIoZrZE&index=40&list=PL5755B7BA7F19B8D2
youtube.com/watch?v=pCvuryms8s0&index=78&list=PL5755B7BA7F19B8D2
youtube.com/watch?v=97tc_s3vKAY&index=106&list=PL5755B7BA7F19B8D2
youtube.com/watch?v=9c2ZJPKz5u8
youtube.com/watch?v=SlcUwUwjLrs
youtube.com/watch?v=WdhAfv6mVWk
vimeo.com/51466779
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I honestly don't give a fuck about what anyone says. I like the Orville. Its one of the few shows I look forward to every week. So call me a tasteless faggot who likes dogshit. Whatever, I'm having fun with it, and that's not going to change.

fak I binged BSG for the first time last year, it was really something

Hey don't talk shit about The Expanse
I liked BSG more than many things and till the day is one of my top ranked sci fi kinos ever, being objectively better than anything today, yet The Expanse has been what has come closest to matching it.

Aren't they making a new BSG movie?

No we wont. Its endless trash on the horizon.

All this has happened before, and it will happen again...

I got about 30 mins into episode 1 of the Expanse, I have a feeling it will end up being a bit preachy, nothing wrong with a message but I prefer a bit of subtlety, am I wrong, the setting does seem cool.

GOAT music coming through boys

youtube.com/watch?v=e3bVHf8UEEA

Season 1 is pure garbage, season 2 gets better (but only because they introduce the possibility of extraterrestrial intelligence), everything else about the show from the characters to the CG is just darn generic and forgettable

Finished season 2 here and nope. Haven't noticed anything of the sort... Just watch how the plot unravels and you'll understand what's it all really about. Also based Miller later

when do they include possibility of E.Ts?

BSG turned to shit in its last season so you don't have the right to call anything else garbage.

youtube.com/watch?v=FYwpt092O7U

this is my favourite

youtube.com/watch?v=4EQXEIoZrZE&index=40&list=PL5755B7BA7F19B8D2

>that fucking scene at the end of the new Caprica rescue where Adama is being paraded around and colonel tigh is sitting there crying

easily the best sci-fi show of the last 20 years

youtube.com/watch?v=pCvuryms8s0&index=78&list=PL5755B7BA7F19B8D2

youtube.com/watch?v=97tc_s3vKAY&index=106&list=PL5755B7BA7F19B8D2

;_;

youtube.com/watch?v=9c2ZJPKz5u8
Dem goosebumps

>Cylon and Garfunkel

youtube.com/watch?v=SlcUwUwjLrs

I am getting my men

God damnit, everytime i hear this i have this big urge to rewatch BSG.

I dropped the show instantly when that blonde managed, out of the fucking blue, to fly that alien bio-vessel.

She's the chosen one to lead God's children back to Earth, though.

has bear even come close to composing anything even close to the GOATness of the BSG score?

youtube.com/watch?v=WdhAfv6mVWk

The true GOAT space show

absolute shit

I agree that your taste is absolute shit

>BSG turned to shit already in its second season so you don't have the right to call anything else garbage.

FTFY

I agree. S1 intro music was badass. Was inspiring and fit the atmosphere. Then they change it for S2 and ruined it

What the fuck

BSG tv show was fucking shit from the get go

Go and watch it again. The miniseries was GOAT, but the TV show is filled with shit characters, and plotlines that go nowhere.

Last time I rewatched I got as far as the episode with the terrorists. Terrible

ACTION STATIONS
C
T
I
O
N

vimeo.com/51466779

>not Storming New Caprica

May the Lords of Kobol have mercy upon your plebian souls.

butthurt toaster detected

I dunno.

I'd agree with classing Starbuck and Billy as shit.

Billy because he left before his arc was resolved and in hindsight he was going to be a Cylon. Still, it just made his entire arc fucking useless. I guess justice was served because his other show seemed to have been DOA.

Starbuck, OTOH, just pissed me off from start to finish. In the miniseries, she's channeling Dirk Benedict so hard it isn't even funny, and then when she finally evolves her own character she gets to be the best at everything. Best pilot, sure, that's fine. More inspiring to Viper pilots than either Adama? Best sniper in the fleet? Best navigator in the fleet? Best guerilla operative in the fleet? Best tactician in the fleet, even better than Admiral William "frack you, I'ma Jump this bitch into atmo, nobody's gonna see that coming!" Adama? Even better at drinking than a literal drinking machine?

Her entire character arc was HAY LOOK YOU GUISE, I'M SUPAR SPECIAL.

The premise of the show is much better than the show itself.

The writing is as lame as LOST. Baltar is the only character with any real development, and its mostly retarded, being carried entirally by the actor.

was excited for second bsg but it turned out to be a soap opera in space garbage

I'd actually not seen S3 of BSG and watched it about a month back. S1/2 are pretty great outside of a couple of episodes of S2, S3 is ok but they stick on the New Caprica elements way too long, there's a lot of other pointless episodes, and you can see the massive slump in the writing. the series should've stuck to a 10-episode a season format, would've been great

Caprica *wasn't* awful but it was a bad idea in the first place

S3 and New Caprica was pretty much the start of the writer's strike.

Where it really suffered was not committing to a single Cylon Plan and sticking to it. The showrunners are on record saying that people would come up with another cool idea and then they'd plan around it, only for a better idea to come up later.

Then again, if the final reason was the best they could come up with, maybe it is better this way.

Everything wrong with this show was because of the writer's strike, anons. Blame those faggots.

Also, blame Billy, because he really ruined a lot of the potential and plans when he left the show.

what about Gaeta? I never really liked Lee or Kara and wished there was a larger cast with more time given to other characters. We never see that much of the officers onboard either the Galactica and Pegasus and too many roles are handed to either Kara or Lee as an easy way out of developing them. Especially the Officers onboard the Pegasus, after Colonel Fisk dies the whole ship completely submits to the desires of Adama, including their CAG and other important officers and become background characters. Aaron Kelly is given a rough treatment despite his actor being competent and potentially being an interesting character. Instead we get a bunch of rando deckhands and pilots

Farscape is probably is one of the most quality-consistent series I've seen. I think the romance stuff gets pretty fucking annoying and is cheap writing though

> mid tier
> orville

>Star trek
>God tier

I'm with you user. Only show I keep up with.
Everything else tries to force a political message that it's flat out unwatchable.
Seth gets people want escapism, not reality.

This piece and Passacaglia are two of the best pieces of music written for a television show ever.

Yeah it should be in God Tier.

Needs BSG: Blood and Chome.

>preachy

why are you so easily triggered? i'm honestly curious. there's nothing preachy in the episode.

Friendly reminder that Cain did nothing wrong

She did everything wrong. She wasn't very smart.

stripping the civilian ships was a bad long term strategical decision. It also was a bit of cheap writing, that and the rape, to put Adama on a better moral footing than her

There's nothing preachy about The Expanse. It shows all three sides are equally as bad as each other.

I think that user is one of two kinds of people:
- He's a 1950s born old geezer. I once saw an episode from early days of tv and they're so neutrally bland it's like watching a kindergarten show the way they avoid mentioning any irl issues.
- user has immorally wrong beliefs and often gets btfo'd irl unable to reply coherently so gets triggered when tv show mentions his immorally wrong beliefs.

literally
>warcrimes
>unable to assess and accept the reality of the situation
>incited rebellion because of her pride
>nearly caused the extinction of the human race
imagine what would have happen had she not been a grade A cunt. 2 battlestars would have made the fleet nearly impossible to attack with anything but an overwhelming force. Could have allowed the command structure to continue, as Adama was more than willing to give it up as long as she remained reasonable.

>no babylon 5 on the list
plebian

Even her crew were gigantic faggots for no reason. They practically acted like Adama's remnants were guilty of something the moment they showed up.

Poast Alessandra toresanj boobie pics

The Expanse is the best sci-fi on TV right now. How is it garbage?

claim your waifu

i enjoyed caprica

Just gonna post a couple photos

>posts the one good scene

This guy gets it. The Expanse is perty gud.

That'll do. Don't wanna spam the thread.

ahh, the best show ever to air. Only west world so far has been nearly as good. I thought i read some time recently that they're making a BSG movie.

Best scene. I remember having goosebumps when I watched it years ago for the first time.

it's not like that. the expanse does have problems with bad acting, but the story is pretty good. the first 5 episodes of season 2 are some of the best sci fi ive ever watched

Please kill yourself and never post this shit again you doublenigger.

Has anyone else been playing this? It's surprisingly fun. Low budget but it really captures the feeling of the series. Launching nukes at the Baseships is boss.

>good parts
>anything to do with the daily life or military struggles of the fleet
>bad parts
>Starbuck, Gaius, the 7, religious stuff (even though I have no problem with this in general I hated it in this show)

>Altitude 99,000 and falling like a rock
>Launch them, launch them all

New Battlestar Galactica was a turd... and so are you.

NO. NOT NOW. NOT EVER. DO YOU HEAR ME. I WILL USE EVERY CANON, EVERY BOMB, EVERY BULLET, EVERY WEAPON I HAVE DOWN TO MY OWN EYE TEETH TO END YOU. I SWEAR IT. I'M COMING FOR ALL OF YOU!

You lost all moral authority when you kidnapped a baby and told the parents she was dead
Now sit down and shut the fuck up

>I'm getting my men
I'm getting my men

fuck off toaster lover

You can't survive on morals alone toaster fucker

Meh I felt it kinda started to drop near the end of the fourth season. And the peacekeeper wars has never really felt that good to me but I acknowledge that it's probably because they had to compress an entire season into a few episodes

The Expanse is closest, mostly kino

>implying you wouldn't

i played it, its pretty solid but gets repetitive fast

mmmm toasters

THROW THAT THING OUT OF THE FRACKING AIRLOCK

The guy does solid work always but nothing will come this close again

The fucking music playing there, god damn. And I love the fact that the pilot who says "Well this ought to be different" was a newbie replacement at one point

We know what you like Colonel

>filename

you shut your FRACKIN mouth

I absolutely would.
Both fucking times.

Literal Angel. Like, not even ironically "muh waifu" shit.