Tom King reveals plans for Batman moving forward

Tom King reveals plans for Batman moving forward

fuck Tom King

>Can't imagine what those two properties have in common...

Is Alan Moore Mr Oz?

oh Swamp Thing, for a second I thought like Superman.

hope duke gets a bigger role in the next story

Snyder pls

There's nothing I love more than constantly swapping out artists so that a run never has a sense of consistency

King is the only reason why I'm pulling Batman right now, the book has sucked balls for the past decade, nice to finally have batman be enjoyable again

Morrison >>>>>>>>King

Not that user, and while I agree Morrison's run is pretty much GOAT, King's is still very good. Much, much better than Snyder.

You either get rotating arcs (which is way better than losing an artist halfway through an arc) or half as many issues a year
Choose

The other user meant snyder

The latter, easily.

Shit tier dialogue. Wow.

That actually all seems pretty exciting. The current arc has been good, Button will finally advance the Rebirth plot some. 23 and 24 could be great somewhat standalone issues (King usually does well with those).

I wonder what his next epic is. The 3 Jokers, maybe?

Quality>Quantity every time

I disagree, because fuck having only 12 issues a year and them having to be Finch. Janin isn't great either but at least he has some occasionally great layouts.

Also means we get nice guest artists like Fabok and Gerards

Yeah but he said Batman sucked for the past decade, which includes like 90% of Morrison's run. Snyder started less than 6 years ago Plus his first arc was still better than King

>Finch
>Quality
Wew.
What, do you think we'd have an actual good artist if it was on 12 a year? Because it wouldnt

i agree, they've mostly done a good job on the few books i read keeping a rotation of quality artists

Fuck yes. I hope we get a decade of King Batman.

I dunno. The Capullo art really, really elevated it. Just as Jock and Francavilla elevated the overrated Black Mirror. The stories themselves, and the dialogue especially, not all that good.

>Finch & Janin
>Quality

>fuck Tom King

The big problem I have with his Batman is there is effectively no real consequences.

The feeling shit could actually go down made Vision, Omega Men, Sherrif, etc. incredible. But in his Batman there isnt any. No one died in the SS arc, Catwoman's killings were an obvious fake out and when Bane is meant to arrive in Gotham like a hurricane the Robins are unharmed in yhe long term, his captives easily escape off screen and Batman gets right back to ninja shit after a 10 page beatdown.

Janin has a good colorists that makes his art look good

Not a bad point, but there rarely are. I'm enjoying his gleeful use of Rogues, just seems like he's a real fan of the mythos.

>implying editors let you do real consequences in Batman book

Janin is a good artist. Yes, his art has some problems, but it's still very nice to look at.

Finch has best colorist there is. But it doesn't help him at all

The problem is we dont even get a hint there could be a lasting impact. Theres no sense of risk for the characters and it just feels dull and by the numbers.

>Poser art
>good

You have very low stadarts

Hes dead.

Are you really too dense to realize Bane is going to kill Catwoman by the end of this arc?

>Bellaire
>best
She's good, but Dave Stewart she ain't.

>fridging
>in 2017
lol

it's sort of a big problem that what should be an engaging detective/adventure story can't have stakes or long lasting consquences due to editorial

It's not fridging when he's spent 2 arcs leading up to it.

Things that might happen in the future dont hold weight when talking about whats already come out.

I have hope King can improve, but until I see him do so I wont retract my argument.

>implying DC gives 2 fucks about current year

They put out an official statement when the artist made them pull the Batgirl cover saying they weren't going to and they didn't condone pulling it but they were at the artist request.

Yes it is.
>Fridging/Being Stuffed into the Fridge
>A character is killed off in a particularly gruesome manner and left to be found just to offend or insult someone, or to cause someone serious anguish. The usual victims are those who matter to the hero, specifically best buddies, love interests, and sidekicks. In some cases, the doomed character may be killed by natural forces or by a character who doesn't have the intent to cause someone else angst—in this case, the intent comes from the writer, who wants to rouse strong emotions in another character.

Wellp, say bye bye to Batman's endgame, guess he can still hook up with the rapist.

Even if it applies see

I think the next big arc is gonna be about gotham girl. We still never got the story of how she really got her powers.

It was already explicitly stated. The Wall and the government did venom experiments on them.

>reversed Robin Rs
>Quietly Damian design
Damn it Finch

WHERE IS THE FORM???

Batman the Dark Knight #14

This is the next page, sorry for low quality

You're retarded

This doesn't look bad, I realize coloring is a big reason for this, but still.

How long does he continue?

>I am not British!
>I am not a big guy!
>I am not for you!

>being this much of a newfag

It's not a lie.

Go ahead and screencap it. Actually when it happens make your name Shiteater and post an apology to me.

What are you gonna do when it doesn't happen?

Catwoman is one of DC's biggest properties. They're not gonna kill her off as a small part of a Bane arc in which she is just a prominent side character. Killing off Catwoman is tantamount to killing off a Robin, and let's go down the list of when that happened:

Jason: A super gimmick death after fans loathed the character. Extremely unique circumstance
Damian: Was planned to be killed off since the moment he showed up
Dick: "died" for like 10 seconds

Nothing like that is gonna happen here

DC never monitors what their writers do that closely mate and theyd never stifle a story for "marketing". They just let Snyder completely ruin the Joker for 8/10 people. If King wants to kill her he can kill her.

>Catwoman
>equal to a Robin
>a huge property

She won't stay dead forever and I'd be surprised if they killed her in the first place, but your reasoning is all fucked up.

>They just let Snyder completely ruin the Joker for 8/10 people

Casuals love Snyder's Joker. And if you think that DC is blase about writers killing off major characters you're fucking mental or haven't been reading big 2 very long

thank YOU :)

Gotta love the subtlety and nuance!

Mate I've been reading big 2 for decades. Theyve never had the comics line up with their movies. Not during any era ever have they ever been concerned about synergy to the point that they don't allow the writers full creative freedom. And "casuals" are not a demo DC focuses on hence Rebirth and them mandating Snyder's entire run be stealth retconned to the point that that was not even Joker.

Many writers have cited that as the very reason they go to DC.

Catwoman is a household name and is *the* femme fatale comic character to 99% of people. Even if she doesn't have a solo series right now she often does.

I'm not saying she's unkillable, but it would have way more build up and fanfare around it if that's what was going on.

>it needs build up
>2 arcs of build up

What do you consider sufficient build up before you kill a character?

I think he's right that Catwoman is fairly big with her own fanbase who would buy an ongoing about her. But that's more of an argument of why she'll be back rather than them not killing her.

>I am not a faggot in a purple suit who wants to gobble your cock like a degenerate crime against God and nature
Did Raimi write this?

The past 2 arcs haven't been solely focused on Catwoman. She's just been present (sometimes) Yeah there was a couple issues that focused on her, but that's not the same as having an entire arc all about her.

In what world do you live in that a side character gets an entire arc about them in someone else's books? Shes been a large part of the last 2 arcs and if King does kill her it would feel prefectly natural.

>DC never monitors what their writers do that closely mate and theyd never stifle a story for "marketing".
maybe not their more niche books, but Batman is their biggest property. King probably has more editorial watchdogs than in his previous stuff.

people went ballistic when Catwoman was implied to have murdered 200+ people. think of how much outrage there will be for killing her.

>DC never monitors what their writers do that closely mate and theyd never stifle a story for "marketing". They just let Snyder completely ruin the Joker for 8/10 people. If King wants to kill her he can kill her.

You clearly weren't around for Death of a Family or Court of Owls. Mike Marts basically forced the other Batbooks like Nightwing/Batgirl/B&R/Detective to crossover with Snyder and to try and ape his writing style.

Do you think every arc in Batman only focuses on Batman?

>she was a huge focus of the last 2 arcs
>HURR THAT WASNT ENOUGH THATS NOT ENOUGH

>epic
>Gotham Girl

pick one

I want Bruce to fuck her while Duke watches.

Told y'all Swampy got delayed bc of the overarching Rebirth plot

So I Am Bane Trade
Button, Swampy, and Epilogue Trade?

Pretending that new epic is LOSH bc Janin did that issue with Saturn Girl

Except all the writers who left DC in the past decade and when they fired Lemire to put Arrow's writers on GA and the current Supergirl run being a replica of the show and Johns forcing every writer to follow his rebirth story. But sure, DC never does it. Rebirth is also casual bait.

>death is the only valid form of consequence

Nah, Button will be like Night of the Monster Men, they won't include it in regular trades for Batman and Flash, it'll be it's own trade

So what your saying is that if you take away the hacky deaths that are lazy shorthand for tragedy and gravitas there's nothing left to King's stories? Hmmmm.

>when they fired Lemire
Fuck off, you don't know shit.
Sorrentino was offered an oppurtunity to draw X-Men which he's always wanted to do so he dropped out of GA. LEmre admitted that it's was a 50/50 split on their GA run and left as well.

They rushed and put on the only people they could find on short notice till Percy replaced them

4 issues seems small for a trade tho you're probably right

Ok Sup Forums. Let's put our heads together and figure this out! I'm sure pulling all of our knowledge can find the answer.

What do Swamp Thing and Watchmen have in common?

They're both currently being shilled in this thread.

No, most of this thread is Batman arguing. But good try.

Yea, Lemire signed an exclusive with Marvel in spite of being a DC fag because Sorrentino left. Makes complete sense.

Allan Moore wrote them both

Ok Sup Forums. Let's put our heads together and figure this out! I'm sure pulling all of our knowledge can find they answer.

Who the fuck would start a thread with a tweet about upcoming products we can buy from DC?

Best guess is a Marvel falseflagger looking to stir things up and shitpost about the competition.

Do you really not see why fans would want to discuss upcoming stories? Are you really suggesting that we don't make threads based on future releases all the time for every major company?

So a shill

Nah I don't think that's it. Maybe it's because they're both green?

Do you really not understand the concept of viral marketing?

Wein and Soule wrote Swamp Thing.

Because we're on a comic board that is full of shills and nobody ever wants to discuss recent comics outside of being mad at something in them or in their storytime threads, meaning we rely on every tiny bit of news and writer input to give us drama. That or you persist on furtherING a Marvel v DC thread like this user because people have a very simple view of companies or any market with 2 clear leads

So did Scott Snyder. And?

And none of them are Alan Moore. So I'm not seeing any Watchman connection here.

By your logic every thread is shilling and we should never discuss anything or that might make someone want to buy it.