swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Star Wars #29 (March 1)
Rebels 3.17: Secret Cargo (March 4)

>Rebels 3.17: "Secret Cargo"
mega.nz/#!UJVxEabR!RCzuiviu-F5XbxdLVphzeZe_pt8kXJ1E4Sw-fcf1j_Q

>Rebels Recon: Secret Cargo
youtube.com/watch?v=6Ez3y6BZGrk

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=abJOMjsgc-8
youtube.com/watch?v=Qemb3iBlp1o
youtube.com/watch?v=RaEzKRngCyY
slashfilm.com/rogue-one-deleted-scene-images/
youtube.com/watch?v=q0r4jNhG9Z4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for the ultimate imperial husbando

What the fuck was his problem?

Why were they such good bros?

Sup Forums not welcome

I like star wars stuff, are the movies good?

He saw some shit he can't unsee

>Mortis Arc
>Mandatory
Just because we suffered through it doesn't mean other anons have to.

SHUT UP MOTTI

I'M IMPORTANT AND SMART AND AN IMPERIAL MASTERMIND

why did vader have a tie advanced and no one else does

BEST EDITION

Because tie fighters are cheap and easier to mass produce.

Yes, except TFA.

It doesn't look like the tie advanced requires any extra material of anything

The best part of a New Hope
youtube.com/watch?v=abJOMjsgc-8

They both like space fascism

The TIE advanced is Vader's ship. It has shielding and a hyperdrive, like Thrawn's experimental ship. Vader tinkers with it in his castle workshop. It's not standard.

The Tie Advanced had shields, better targeting system, and a hyperdrive. Standard Ties had none of that. Also a prototype not mass produced.

that sounds cute

Post Krennics lads

Vader/Anakin doing the same things to relax always amuses me

Share your absolute top favorite Star Wars moments/scenes!

> End of Rogue One from when the Destroyers crash into each other onward to the credits.
youtube.com/watch?v=Qemb3iBlp1o
youtube.com/watch?v=RaEzKRngCyY

They're masterful in visual storytelling, and fantasy world building, with lovable characters throughout.

Each of the first 6 movies were groundbreaking with special effects during each release

7 is a bit more boring and safe, feels more like a generic blockbuster movie IMO

The Inquisitors do too.

They're also all prototypes, even Vader's, although his is personally customized.

The implication is that eventually, the Advanced models would replace standard TIE's.

JJ didn't get the memo.

So what do we know didn't make it into the final cut of RO? Is there a list out there?

It's basically an Abrams movie plus all the shitty ideas Kasdan had for ESTB/ROTJ that Lucas threw out.

i finished episode six of the second season of rebels and goddammit this thing its horrible The B-wing was a mistake

thanks, I started playing the Starkiller game and the mmorpg one and it seems nice, I like the imperial agent lore

The very worst they get is "not bad". So yeah they're pretty good.

>suffered
(You)

I think there is, mostly about the 3rd act, a lot of things were different

It's hard to say, because a lot of the editing in the trailers was quite literally just made for the trailers to hide stuff about the movie.

Like the shot of Jyn posing in what looked like a Death Star corridor, or the shot of Vader on the Death Star which was clearly hiding the Mustafar reveal. Those were almost certainly thrown into the trailer to build hype and cover the actual plot of the trailer.

There were shots of Jyn running with the Rebel soldiers to/from the AT-ACT's, as well as through the Imperial Base with Kay-Too. It's unclear as to whether these were story changes, or just more fake scenes to mask the plot of the movie.

There was a shot of a TIE Fighter flying towards Jyn on the platform, that was supposedly going to destroy the comms array? Not sure that really makes sense though.

There was confirmed deleted scenes of a younger Saw Gerrera interacting with Galen though.

The Imperial lore is fun as hell. As you can see from these threads. But the Rebels are good too.

>Greasemonkey Vader tinkering with his TIE Advanced in his castle's ship garage

Do you think Vader was sad that Tarkin died?

As much as he could be, really.

That other scene with Krennic and Vader and the one where he pulls a gun on Tarkin.

But there must be some more.

Where are you from that swtor and force unleashed are your first exposure to Star Wars? I'm not sure how that happens unless you aren't from the states.

You're mostly correct, but worth mentioning the Inquisitors all use the Advanced model too. They're also explicitly all prototypes.

It wasn't specifically designed for Vader

He probably lamented the fact that Tarkin was a good leader and intelligent, and wouldn't be easy to replace. Especially not with someone who would be just as competent, and understand that he's the grand space wizard who deserves to be respected, like tarkin did.

Yeah, a little.

He mentions Tarkin had vision in the comic.

Yes, the Vader comic that picks up right after ANH actually has Vader express anger against Motti, and praised Tarkin over him for "having vision".

>pulls a gun on Tarkin
WHAT? SOURCE?

WE ARE STANDING HERE AMIDST MY ACHIEVEMENTS

NOT YOURS

It's where this is from. A bit speculative but I can't see any other circumstance where he would have done this.

slashfilm.com/rogue-one-deleted-scene-images/

Remember when Vader tripped on his arm and fell down a hole?

>officer in the back giving Krennic the Costanza look

Every time.

how much longer must we suffer before the DVD with answers comes out

>implying we'll ever completely learn what happened during the reshoots

Any answers is better than none.

I don't understand why they can't just tell us

because then people will harass pablo on twitter about what is canon

I hate people. I just want to know what ending was too dumb that they had to reshoot

No, and good riddance to bad rubbish.

I wonder if it was bad. It might have been that they wanted it to be more realistic or believable.

Like that scene with Krennic pulling a gun. Sure it looks cool as hell, but the result should have been pretty much instant death for him. So you're kinda writing yourself in a corner there.

Yeah if you pulled a gun on Tarkin you'd be fucking ash in less than a second. Especially with all those witnesses. Everyone knows Tarkin is far more important that krennic.

I heard that people survived, but that creates a problem. Where would they be, after obviously becoming heros?

Post a small thing you would change about RO:

A second or two extra on the top of that tower, where Jyn says 'remember me' and you see him realize who she is, just before he's shot by Cassian

youtube.com/watch?v=q0r4jNhG9Z4

Cheesy as it was, this scene cemented Palpatine as the ultimate badass in my mind.

>I heard that people survived, but that creates a problem. Where would they be, after obviously becoming heros?

I don't see any problems, the Galaxy is huge.

But the ending where they survived was never filmed.

Do you mean surviving Scarif? It's possible some might have been picked up by rescue craft before getting back into hyperspace. I know there was a super cringeworthy edgy grimdark alternate ending leak involving Jyn and Cassian escaping Scarif only to be the rebel troopers chopped up by Vader at the end of the movie, handing the plans directly to Leia's hands.

General Merrick lives instead of getting picked off like a fucking nobody

Most of it was fine, just remove the cringy "hero speech" dialogue, the scenes of Jyn beating up Stormtroopers, the Asian monkdude, and trim down the battle scenes a bit. Also dramatically shorten Vader's "rampage" scene.

But why? Vader's scene wasn't that long.

Just watched latest episode of Rebels, and oh my fucking god it was amazing! Though that big "mystery cargo" was a little too easy to read, as the episode went, it got better with all that nebula fighting and shit. Fuck, I want to install Freespace 2 and fuck up some ayyliens in nebulas right now.

I read something about how she made it all up to try and gain support and that made more sense then her actually believing in hope like that

>super cringeworthy edgy grimdark alternate ending leak involving Jyn and Cassian escaping Scarif only to be the rebel troopers chopped up by Vader at the end of the movie
hunh

please tell me that's not real and not a real thought someone had for the ending

not in discrete terms, but it drags on a little bit and focuses way too explicitly on the direct vader action as opposed to having a degree of artistic subtlety

in my opinion I would have shot it just with vader lighting up the lightsaber and then transitioning to the guy grabbing the plans from the locked out guys hand until his hand falls off through the door

>mad about people unironically enjoying star wars

I'm 90% certain it was the real original ending, but I can't remember exactly, it COULD have been just some user bullshitting me but it seemed legit at the time I saw it

You talking shit about Baze and Chirrut

>I'm 90% certain it was the real original ending, but I can't remember exactly, it COULD have been just some user bullshitting me but it seemed legit at the time I saw it
It was just an user bullshitting you

It went on long enough that it felt a little too pandery to me, like "Hey look, it's Vader!" Don't get me wrong, it was nice seeing Vader be a badass again, but still.

I wouldn't doubt that.

i am. wanna fight about it

>not in discrete terms, but it drags on a little bit and focuses way too explicitly on the direct vader action as opposed to having a degree of artistic subtlety

Fair enough. I quite liked that for once it wasn't subtle, just brutal and horrible. But differing opinions and all that.

Nah. they're not everyones thing. I liked them. You're allowed to not like them

I'm not some autistic sperg who starts a fight over an opinion

Thanks. That's a welcome change around here.

Vader's lightsaber igniting, then cut to the guy in another room hearing screaming and blaster fire. Later he passes by the room and sees piled-up Rebel corpses with lightsaber wounds. That would've been equally intimidating and "Vader's a badass again", but with more subtlety and maybe even more dread/horror thrown in.

>Of course, Admiral Ackbar is a student of history, and in many cases smaller, lesser forces have outmatched and outfoxed their betters. The Ghostfinders versus the Sith armada. The Mandalorians versus the Grand Army of the Republic. And, of course, the Rebel Alliance versus the Empire.

at some point you have to realize you're on a cambodian fingerpainting picture blog and that you're arguing about movies from the 70's about a space grand wizard.

>That would've been equally intimidating

Nah, I can't agree. What did it for me was just seeing how Vader slugged these people. No elegance, no subtlety. Just brutal force.

Mostly it's everyone saying how much of a BA vader is, but that scene reminded me just how OP he is, compared to people without the Force

pablo's the guy we ask for lore clarification right?

yes. try not to get blocked

Will we see more of Kalani and the glorious CIS in Rebels season 4?

Yes, just don't spam him.

I'd rather him be OP honestly. The EU has a lot of good stuff and a lot of flaws, and one of those flaws was turning Vader into a gigantic pussy, even before the PT with Angstakin.

The CIS is dead, dude.

Is it wrong that I like that Anakin was played as kind of a bitch in the PT?

Lies! This is a Republic trick!

>The last SSD in the Empire at Jakku, the Ravager, was taken down by a fucking tractor beam from a falling capital ship of the NR

In other media he says things like this, then backs the words up. Isn't this the first time we've seen Vader kicking ass and taking names in a movie? He was rightfully wary of Kenobi. Luke he was testing and tempting, rather than going all out.

>the moment the ships started burning up
holy shit

Disney's GCW canon was a mistake.

Like this, dammit.

The GCW era is perfectly fine in canon though, what is the problem exactly

Mutual respect, i assume.

They were both very pragmatic, efficient, straight-to-the point people

Plenty of comics where Vader fucks shit up. Just because Gary Stu Malek was a thing (which didn't even get an ending so might as well not exist in the context of EU) doesn't ignore the rest of the EU.

They ruined it. We go from Endor to Jakku with nothing talked about in between and Jakku itself was retarded.

There's an entire year for stuff to happen between Endor and Jakku. That's like saying Lucas ruined the GCW by having a year between ESB and ROTJ.

I'll ignore Gary Stukiller to the very end, no matter what Disney says.

>Y-Wing action
>TIE/D action
>Re-entry effects and burning up ISDs
This was a good episode

Did you even read the Aftermath trilogy? The Battle of Kuat is mentioned, we see the mission to save Kashyyyk, we're told of countless other victories over the Imperial remnants.

>Did you even read the Aftermath trilogy
Probably not, it's fucking awful