Could someone theoritcally buy disney and make it less wholesome and pathetic

Could someone theoritcally buy disney and make it less wholesome and pathetic
>ie: more r rated marvel movies, pg-13 cartoons, less overall sjw shit

Disney was the original SJW though.
Being an SJW is written in Disney's destiny.

But what if someone rewrote it

Impossible.
Disney was built on SJW ideals.
Take that away and there's no Disney, period.
Dreamworks is better in that regard.

Hollywood as a whole was built in SJW ideals.

Then the properties would be better if they weren sjw musical garbage. Fuck walt, fuck mickey, fuck that entite damn company for buying OUR shit and turning it into girly musical garbage

Prove it

Bump

how much is disney worth ?

Dreamworks doesn't allow white people to voice non-white characters, fuck that.

>more r rated marvel movies, pg-13 cartoons, less overall sjw shit

Man this just screams juvenile

Disney makes money like gangbusters. People clearly love the shit out of it. Just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean they aren't highly viable because of this mass appeal.

And this is all that the shareholders require. It makes a shitload of money.

>REEEE! Why isn't everything tailored to my personal taste?

You don't like Disney's shit. I get it I really do but instead of crying about it maybe try just watching different shit instead

Lots of fucking money. Like, too much for anyone to afford to outright buy.

The Prince of Egypt?

I don't even know what SJW means anymore.

>As of 2014, the total worth of Walt Disney Company assets was 85 billion U.S. dollars and, according to Forbes, its market capitalization as of 2015 is 179.5 billion U.S. dollars. The total equity (net worth) of the Walt Disney Company at the end of the 2014 financial year was valued at 48.18 billion U.S. dollars.

How much money would you even fucking need to convince someone to part with this cash cow? Because your buying price would basically have to be more money than the company could ever make its current owners in their lifetime.

That's bullshit, Walt Disney was a proud patriot and anti-commie.

I think it means "Thing I don't like"

Look up Buena Vista Studios, idiot.

>buy Disney

Yeah, right after someone figures out how to burn the sun.

you missed an E and scrambled the letters, but yeah.

If you have to ask you can't afford it.

>DIS - Mkt cap: 175.19B

Looking at their recent financial statements their Total Assets are worth around 92 Billion dollars, with that number having grown by 4 Billion a year for the last 2 years (and this is based off of documents from early October, so it's likely more). Their funding is almost a 50/50 split of debt and equity, as well.

Considering Disney is one of the most well-known companies and brands on the planet, the company could easily sell for higher than its base market value, as well.

I'd wager that you'd need to be willing to pay around $115 Billion at a minimum. Pretty sure the only single entities that could afford that are the governments of first-world countries.

If Jesus came down from heaven I don't even think Jesus would be able to purchase Disney.

I think he was trying to argue that Disney was "pro-censorship" because his children's movies didn't include Goldilocks getting impaled on a steeple.

That works too. Even further beyond that:
>Enterprise Value: 192.65B
So yeah, you'd need to be somebody with $200 Billion to just throw at something, and if I had that kind of money I wouldn't blow it all on one thing.

Apart from needing all the money there is also the fact that if Disney's current creators don't like whatever edgy bullshit OP will try and foist on them they'll fuck off to do their own thing.

>Disney makes money like gangbusters. People clearly love the shit out of it. Just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean they aren't highly viable because of this mass appeal.
This is why people with shuttaste and movies must be purged

They bought all the shit i like faggot, now im forced to watch then rape it all

Hollywood is built on whatever is popular at the time.

Disney is just about making money they don't care about anything else.

>Ah boo hoo the nasty mouse put a girl in Star Wars now I can never watch it again

Time to get over your nostalgia for disposable crap from 40 years ago and find something new. Same applies if your beef is with Marvel

>more r rated marvel movies, pg-13 cartoons

You must be over 18 to post on this site

There are big global oil and car companies that make Disney's cash pool look like pocket change.

They still couldn't have come up with enough money to buy the company outright though because Disney has no incentive to sell out even for ten times their current worth in assets.

Reminder they will only get more and more rich. Even if they're unstoppable now, they're going deeper.

Though uh wasn't there a thread some time ago about how Mickey's rights were expiring at some point? I think the thread rounded of with how they can presumably extend it before it ends, but it's worth noting if a right expires that's the only way at this point to snag a Disney character or name.

Maybe ask Donald Trump to buy it. It would be hilarious. I wish Trump was meme Trump so he could say "we need to bring back Disney to its anti-semitic roots."

Y'know, instead of wanting to turn the lame babby company into a company that produces content for 14-year old tryhards, you could always just support the companies that actually do produce content for 14-year old tryhards. They're not exactly rare.

The company would flop without wholesome family values

I can see the liberals exploding now. Exact Tumblr post in the future:

"Hitler just bought Disney, welp.png!"

and he'll get the jews to pay for just like the mexicans and the wall!

>Though uh wasn't there a thread some time ago about how Mickey's rights were expiring at some point?
I don't think I have touched an actual, literal, Mickey Mouse product in the last ten years. Mickey Mouse is a symbol but he isn't the one earning the real money.

Fucking sjw scum need to be bleached, not toted around witht their femenazi bitchs in star wars

You do realize that Disney OWNS subsidiary companies for that very purpose right?

>Buying one of the five most expensive buisness in the world

>Disney shill trying to claim that it's okay for every property to be done in the same style
Kill yourself you creativity murderer.

Bullshit the shitposter

Other way around buddy
Hollywood was built on let's create a place were we can film for cheap and rape children
Then they got mega rich and realized there was money on manipulating people

IIRC Mickey would have gone public decade or so ago, but Disney has rebranded him just enough to avoid it even before they got that copyright extension into law. Steamboat Willie should be fair game by now, and that specific version only.

You can think of Disney as a tree. It has many different branches that all bare fruit of vastly different flavors

your days are numbered little man. Nobody to blame but yourself

More like different colored fruit that all taste the same. Not even delicious either.

That's pretty much impossible

>tfw too poor to buy 3 circles

Better dead then full of wholsome family value shit

Ill take down as many sjw scum as i can in the end

>it's a Sup Forums shitposting episode

ayy

AWAKEN MY MASTERS

>implying Disney doesn't do this with it's other companies
Also fuck off with your edge for the sake of edge

Fuck off with your wholesome musical baby shit

What is this shit

>Could someone theoritcally buy disney and make it less wholesome and pathetic

There are companies that could buy Disney, but they wouldn't change their image if they did; Disney's business plan is working just fine for them.

It's actually kinda odd that Apple or Google hasn't tried to buy an entertainment conglomerate yet.

How is high school treating you? Adults don't care if things are "for babies" because they aren't insecure about their maturity.

People who fight against non-existent problems like microaggressions, the wage gap and rape culture and LARP as made-up non-existent sexual orientations and genders in order to feel special and morally superior.

Mickey is trademarked, which means he's basically protected perpetually. It's individual cartoons such as Steamboat Willie that are at risk of going into the public domain.

The new Mickey Mouse cartoon is pretty great. It's all on Youtube. Check it out.

Fight the good fight, brother!

And how is Disney SJW by this definition?

Please explain, without using by now meaningless buzzwords, how Disney is promoting moderate to extreme leftism through the alteration of IP it's recently bought.

>man hating marvel that turns everyone brown
>black stormtrooper and man hating star wars books
>star wars actor threatens terrorism unless more muzzie filth are in movies

>man hating marvel that turns everyone brown

Run by the Ike the Kike who's best friends with Trump. Meanwhile the movies which are actually making money are almost wall to wall honkies.

Marvel's comics, while a Disney property, are still made more in the visions of their writers, with the Disney company most likely valuing the MCU in much greater esteem than the comics in terms of profits, so Marvel has no one to blame but itself.

Moving along, Finn's backstory is that the stormtrooper legions seen more recently are comprised not only of Jango Fett clones, but also of soldiers brainwashed from birth who were conceived by presumably normal means, so the plothole is explained. If, however, you believe the mere presence of a black person is SJW, then you must explain the thought process that has led you to this conclusion.

I have not read the current Star Wars comics, but if you could post images verifying your claims, I'd be rather thankful.

As for the actor, these are his personal opinions, which Disney does not necessarily share, just as if an atheist was to work at Chick-fil-a, his views towards religion would not reflect the company's views.

Nobody wants to buy Disney for $4 trillion?

Maybe WB could if Suicide Squad got the 600 gorillion it needed to not flop.

They fight "heteronormativity" by shoehorning gays for no reason.

But did they do this back in the 20s or 30s. Your point is that Disney was ALWAYS SJW. That means from Steamboat Willie to now they have always been SJW

>this thread
>all these 12-year-old edgelords

Yeah, I think it's time for me to go.

>"edge"
>"lord"

t. 14 yr old

What the fuck was this thread?

Yeah, it's called pandering to an audience and it's just about money.
Tell me how Steamboat Willy had such a massive progressive agenda.

I wasn't that same guy. Walt Disney was the man and I feel bad that his company got infected.