How did you go from this

How did you go from this...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yITLqk7GL1I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

to this?

the difference between preproduction planning, lots of time investing in specific shots to look good and working mostly with one very good studio (Weta) vs shoe horning as much special effects into a movie and having to half ass a contractually obligated change by splitting up amongst a shit ton of shitty indian studios for pennies

I'm new to Sup Forums can I get a rundown on this pic? I keep seeing it. Cheers.

this makes absolutely no sense

What's your point? Both are examples of EXCELLENT CGI.

Henry Cavil had a contract with another studio to keep his moustache, so he couldn't shave it.
Because Justice League needed reshoots they needed to CGI part of his face to remove the moustache, and all those reshoot scenes look hillarious

need's pepe somewhere in there.

Thanks user.

Why does he look like Animal Mother here.

Is that cgi

fuck off samefag

You can clearly see where the mustache used to be. There's a clear outline.

Yeah, they used a similar looking actress as the base, and had the original actress on set to advise.

>and had the original actress on set to advise
Couldn't they just watch blade runner too see how she looked?

obviously they did dumbass how else would they get a reference.

Sean Young was there to speak the lines and to provide facial expression data, the stand-in is so there'd be a real person present.

Logan had flawless facial CGI
youtube.com/watch?v=yITLqk7GL1I

skip to about 3:00 for the actual effects passes

MODS

>Global Rule Number 3

Yeah it is right under his nose! shocker

I thought it was a cool meta kind of moment. We’d already seen a hologram overlay a real person in the context of the movie in-universe and were now seeing that same effect- utilizing technology to create a facsimile of the real person we wanted- used as a filmmaking technique. I think that’s a partially intentional thing we’re meant to realize.

Literally what

Kek, so true

jesus fucking christ

>mods ban right wing off-topic posts
>leave left wing off-topic posts

hmmmmmmmm

jesus christ that's amazing

MISTER ANDERSON

I guess it's because right wing cunts are racist, misogynist, anti-Semitic assholes.

not really sure what this is trying to convey

I didn't even know they used CGI people in Logan

right wingers are subhumans parasites who deserve to be censored and honestly killed

MODS = GODS

@90453284
>Somebody spend time writing this

why does he have a cross and a halflife flag?

>ywn nut into a prime Sean Young, your jizz making her even more batshit insane than she ever was at any point in her life, and eventually after nine months making her give birth to Antichrist and bringing an end to our world

He is a GGfag and Christfag at the same time

Fuck white people too

t. neogaf

It's because they spent an entire year on the CGI just for that Rachel scene, while for Supes they had to slap together a final product in weeks.
Still, it's just a fucking moustache compared to a full CGI humanoid, how hard could it be?

It wasn't flawless at all, they just was smath enough to not concentrate frame's focus on it.

BTW, Seah Young in motion was pretty uncanny valley too, but in that case, it actually has improved a scene.

pic related

kek I love the confusion about this

This but unironically

That's genuinely impressive work.

It's amazing how little self-awareness these people have

CGI ruined an otherwise sweet scene.

>the left can't me-

You have to be over 18 to post here.

Fuck me. Absolutely Hollywood kind of nonsense.

So why are you posting?

Post the real version faggot

300 Million Dollariedoos

lol underrated

>all the ass hurt this is causing

fuckin sick

wtf does he even say in this scene.. it looks so awkward.

Its because Rachel was done in a dark room.

The same reason Jurassic Park still helds up today, dont do still CGI moments on full daylight, have it be either rainy or night. Its same reason why pacific rim 1 still looks amazing

His son turned into an alt-right pepe posting basementdweller

I don't understand is this mustache thing for real or just a meme?

Wow, look at how triggered you've made Sup Forums.

It's for real.

Nah, full on hard light is the easiest to CGI. Look at Starship Troopers.