Totally miscast

Anyone else feels this way?
I mean usually a movie comes along and they cast someone I can be like, "Okay, that works." For example Jackman as wolverine, Cavill as Superman, etc.
But Renolds as Deadpool just does not work for me. It's like his voice is too high or something. I can't place exactly what it is, since I've liked him in other stuff, but he just does not fit Deadpool.

He's literally perfect for DP, including the fact that he is canadian, already in dp mythos, and has been such a stalwart that he managed to get something made that nobody else would go near. And it was beyond successful.

Who the fuck expects Deadpool to have a low guttural voice?

Edgelords

Not low and guttural, just not like a 18 year old kid.

>just not like me

More Archer esq (ie. sarcastic), less jokey.

He's literally the entire driving force behind Deadpool existing outside of comic books. No one else wanted anything to do with it, they thought it was the stupidest shit ever. He submitted script after script and pulled every string he could and even did shit like leak footage to show how many hits a youtube video and the comments behind it showed people would watch it.

And it turned out to be like the biggest cape movie EVAR

On top of that he understands the character and plays him great.

So yeah user. It's just you.

Even if you could come up with an actor who might be a better fit (I can't think of any but I'm not a star fucker) no one else comes within miles of deserving it more then him.

According to Liefeld, Deadpool is supposed to have a scratchy gravely voice because of damage to his throat

Thems fighting words, user.

There is no better actor for deadpool, what did you want? Dane Cook?

Like Bale in Nolan movies?

Ryan Reynolds read Kellypool instead of waypool. That he got cast is a miracle.

Like Liefeld is any sort of authority on Deadpool. Joe Kelly made the character what he is and that he wasn't credited on the movie is a complete fucking travesty.

>Like Bale in Nolan movies?

Not that user but wasn't that a modified voice? I could've sworn I remember seeing something that they actually modified his voice, like in post production. Kinda like what they did with Batfleck.

Like for almost a decade now, everybody's been shitting on Bale because they thought he just did a growl everytime he spoke.

The movie literally wouldn't exist were it not for his relentless hounding of the executives at fox

How many dicks do you think he sucked?

>Canadian
> his name follows the marvel naming process
>his whole career he has been playing the complete asshole character.
He was born to be deadpool.

Well considering they shit on Liefeld and Nicenzia I'd argue probably better they didn't mention them

He said about 3, but I'm not sure if it's a metaphor or an hyperbole.

No, you're stupid.

I didn't like him either

Reynolds felt too "Chad" to be Deadpool

Anyone who read the Deadpool comics where it described him having a gravelly voice.

Yeah they modified his voice with a bit of post production stuff, but that doesn't really mean much. The timbre you hear is because he growled when he delivered his lines. You can't just achieve a sound like that by just throwing a distortion plug-in onto a dialog track. You can enhance the growliness that's already there and add a bit of bass so it sounds less wimpy, but to totally transform the timbre it would sound really obviously un-human(like Batfleck's voice).

New deadpool.
Ultimate Spider-Man, dead pool video game, MvsC3 all don't have that kind of voice

Name one deadpool appareance that had the kind of voice the comics talk about.

Deadpool was a fucking chad before he got hamburger face.

I thought he was perfect

So Deadpool himself says in the comics that he'd want to be played by Ryan Reynolds in a movie, long before the movie ever came out, and somehow this is a miscast?

Jesus fucking christ.

Weak bait.

I don't recall this, can you source me up?

X-men Legends 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1&2

He was voiced by John Kassir who IMO was better than Nolan North

i only knew of deadpool because of Sup Forums since i was a young child, i never read the comics (but nobody else did either!) but i pretended to. i was outraged by the ryan gosling casting because it's just not where my head cannons are

I believe that issue was the first issue of Deadpool Reynolds has ever seen.

>Someone has a little fuck fuck with RR and he's like this shit will be perfect.

if I remember correctly some crew guy came up to Reynolds while he was doing the Blade 3 and showed him.

>John Kassir who IMO was better than Nolan North
My nigga!

I can't recall the exact issue, but it was back in the 2004 Deadpool and Cable run. Described himself as Ryan Reynolds fused with a burns victim or something along those lines.

lol

Yup. Deadpool & Cable #2. It was actually Ryan Reynolds crossed with a Shar Pei.

every marvel character should just sound like their voice from Marvel vs Capcom 3

GotG fucked me up cuz rocket didnt have an accent

>Rocket in GotG
>No accent

You're a fucking idiot.

Can we make this a casting thread?
>Leonardo DiCaprio as Green Arrow
>Christoph Waltz as Eobard Thawne

I wonder what a Raccoon's accent would sound like.

i always imagined him to have either nolan north or christopher daniel barnes as a voice whenever i read the comics

Could you have picked bigger meme actors?

>Deadpool's voice is fine.
In both the movie and the comics, Wade is so fucked up that the healing factor only brings him back "good enough." There's no way he wouldn't have a scratchy or fucky sounding voice. I mean, in the movie he survives a fire. His skin has burns but his lungs and throat don't? Come on...

Just because your imagination is limited to things Nolan put in his movies doesn't mean "Deadpool has to sound like an edgelord" is the only alternative to "older Spider-man."

>He doesnt want to hear Waltz say IT WAS ME BARRY
The fact that you unironically use the term meme actor makes you a faggot

I remember at one point in Cable and Deadpool, his voice was described as being like Bea Arthur's.

Like, Bea Arthur if she was a pack a day smoker or something.

I do because I actually read comics

nah not really, he was a fucking asshole loser

He was shown as a pretty boy in every single adaptation of his pre-fucked up face and now in kellypool when his face got defucked up.

As a person yeah he was always a piece of shit that in one way or the other got his parents killed but he still looked like one.

He was literally so perfect for the role that I'm beginning to think you just made this for the bait.

Like, I'm amazed anyone would even POSIT that RR wasn't absolutely perfect for the role. It boggles the mind.

I feel like somebody went "his speaking voice is low and gutteral but his constant internal monologue is high-pitched and insane-sounding so... Fuck it, Ryan can just use a voice in between them both for everything".

>a fucking asshole loser
An asshole loser who looks good is the definition of a Chad.

MAGICAL
E
M
E
S

You misspelled Green Lantern

Mark Strong as Luthor

Reynolds literally read that comic and was like "What the fuck" and was part of the reason he pursued it so hard

Stop projecting.

Roll your eyes if you want, but how many stars and musicians have to say 'You know that gay satanic cult running hollywood conspiracy is completely true" before people accept there are a bunch of gay satanist running things in hollywood.

Doesn't he only look like that because his body is one big scab and/or tumor?

He doesn't look like that because he was set on fire, he set himself on fire because he already looked like that.