Lego Batman movie

what went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eA4Alwm-KJM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dick didn't stay Nightwing in the end

That's about it though

They chose to make a movie about the single most flat and uninteresting character from the original movie.

Not that it didn't start out fun.

I unironically liked Lego Batman more than Logan, which leads me to believe it may be the MOTY for me.

>what went wrong?
Every Batman movie before it, in comparison.

It went from being a Batman satire film in the first half to "Batman vs. a bunch of Warner Bros. villains" in the second. Still amusing, but less enjoyable in comparison.

I also wasn't fond of how hamfisted the "moral" was, but it was just a kids movie, so whatever. Animation was the best part of the movie anyway.

Joker & Bats handholding. That's pure degeneracy

it was better than any of the DCEU movies

which wasn't supposed to happen

Lego Cinematic Universe is based, don't be like this

anyone else interested in the Ninjago movie?

you

I wasn't until I saw the trailer. Seems fun enough though I'll probably wait until the home release. The Lego style humor really appeals to me.

did we solved this yet?

>Being that pissed that DC got an oscar
I'm not a fan of the DCEU either but damn your salt tastes good.

It went "balls-to-the-wall silly" instead of "Batman: but kind of silly."

>movie with Batman in it
>doesn't make a billion
WHAT A FLOP!

I enjoyed it. Not as good as Lego Movie, but it was great on its own. I wonder who was the Blinking Lego's boss though. Also, in the trailers it showed the Justice League going into action, and was disappointed they only danced and that's it.

Maybe. Nice thing about Legoverse is that it seems to be 90% just parodies of pre-existing genre's, franchises and tropes so there's always good supply of stuff to make fun of.

But at the same time I'm worried it may have something similar to the MCU effect where all the jokes and gags are the same thing and it sort of gets old.

Also, was waiting for the JL or Supes to reprimand Batman.

That is a dumb way to have a bald lego.

Just have the stump for fuck's sake.

lego evolves to stay on market. survival of the fittest, leonard.

True.

Seems like a fun time, even if i missed the ninjago line of legos.

That's a beautiful way to emulate drawn smears.

but it was funny when there was wind and his head would shake

ninjago still has sets on shelves

No one from The Village People going on about how much he loves "big meaty sausage."

Mini-figs.

Not much. The themes/morals at the end weren't honestly earned, especially compared to The Lego Movie. So it felt far less special, and much more like a conventional "kids movie" than I was hoping. Most of it is still funny as shit though.

Post >yfw this came out

youtube.com/watch?v=eA4Alwm-KJM

I WANT THESE MINIFIGS

ALL OF THEM

I want White Tuxedo Ivy since there's something cute about it, dunno why but it's cute

It still won't come out in Aus for another 3 weeks.

There was never any closure with the Justice League. I know none of them other than Superman and Batman were in more than one scene of the film but I still wanted to see Bruce accept them as a part of his life the same way he did his villains and the Bat family.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Great movie.

>My name's Richard but the kids at the orphanage call me Dick.
>Yeah, kids can be pretty cruel.
I fucking lost it. The movie had so many good jokes. Also everyone going "pew pew pew" when shooting had me geeking out nonstop.

I wasn't entirely sold, but since it seems likely to also have a Lego Dimensions huge crossover climax, maybe.
I'm just not that familiar with Ninjago.
I thought they spun, not had giant robots

I think there was in a broad sense. The Justice League wasn't so much excluding him purposefully as surprised he showed up. Nobody tried to keep him out or actively avoid him, he just wasn't part of their group in any sociable capacity. It felt that instead of them just excluding him because he's an ass he just never tried to fit in with them because he's an ass. He never felt like he needed anybody and was too self-centered to empathize with or see matters from any point of view other than his own. Everyone was a means to an end, even his villains just for the purposes of someone to beat up.

But the movie wasn't about him connecting with the Justice League but rather the formation of his Bat Family, which he achieved. So sure in the broader sense his primary problem with connecting to others, presumably even the League, was resolved. Just not overtly.

Post yfw they make a Lego Deadpool movie

The dialogue would be heaps better than the live Deadpool who liked to say fuckballs whenever. The bad thing is that they might just do 2007-2017 internet memes for jokes.

Probably because LBM is lighthearted and fun, whereas Logan is just, depressing. Great film, but doesn't leave you happy when you leave the theatre.

Why is Lego Ivy so cute?

>kissing those penguins
>kissing that random guy in the end

They're just two different genres of cape. Lego is there for pure happy fun while Logan was more for character driven end of an era story. They're both great but for extremely different reasons.

Everyone loves a cute woman who would kiss cuddly animals.

same.

Watch it be some limited edition SDCC set only featuring Batman, Robin, Batgirl, Alfred, Robin and Joker that retails for 50 bucks on the floor and 200 online.

>>kissing that random guy in the end

reeeeee

Fantastic. It's a strange feel when Lego Batman has a better movie than the current live action Batman.

Lego has always been super expensive (and risky to purchase online).

Shit let's see:
Batman having a crush on Barbara.
Commissioner Gordon being a joke
The plot device for the final act is the freaking PHANTOM ZONE PROJECTOR
The villains from the final act are random characters WB owns and "Not Godzilla"
The acknowledgement that they're Lego minifigs happens once during the beginning of the film, is ignored for the second act, and then becomes the linchpin of the climax.

The songs were fun though, and the set/character design was great.

the ninjago cartoon is actually a good show, or at least its original run was and i watched it when it aired so i know what im in for

Animated Batman has pretty much always been better than live action Batman.

>black and white non-antialiased mspaint wall of text image saved as a low bit-depth jpeg
For my sanity I will believe that whoever made this image actively did not want anyone to read it.

shit... that's true. Ok not so strange a feel nvm.

>nitpicking

It was a good movie.

will we one day get a LegoVerse Marvel vs DC?

>tfw you're right, both in gritty and funness

>It's a loose adaptation of Avengers v Justice League
>It ends up better than the Snyder JLmovie

>implying it's a surprise for anything to be better than Snyder shit
m8 my dog took a shit in the yard this morning and it was better than anything Hack Snyder ever has or ever will produce

Nothing. Best Batman movie in years, maybe ever.

Should've said it would DO better than SNyder JL in the box office. DCEU would probably choke themselves to sleep that a stop motion movie had a better return than a big budget blockbuster funded movie.

Oh well sadly there is no justice in the world and Snyder's movie would probably make more.

Not Godzilla was the Kraken from Clash of the Titans

And he was the best character. Never thought I'd see a theatrical movie where the Kraken accidentally takes out Sauron and then freaks out about it before slinking away in shame. And then they get in that little line about, "Nothing to see here, folks." Poor Sauron's flaming eye.

>Batman think that Superman literally live in a fortress of solitude
>Justice league party
>Nobody gives a shit about batman

Just saw it. It was kino. 8/10.

dafuq with that deformed lego dikeido?

That was true during the Dark Knight trilogy but not anymore. Lego Batman was good but not BvS tier.

I'm surprised at how little money it's made. I was sure it would beat the Lego Movie.

Is BvS to blame?

>Should've said it would DO better than SNyder JL in the box office.

How delusional can you be?

>Lego Batman was good but not BvS tier.

Yes it was much better

There wasn't an Adam West cameo.

Other than that solid 9/10.

I want a LEGO Superman movie.

The crossover at the end with all those villains.
I mean yeah it was kind of funny, but I was hoping there'd be more Batman/DC Comics and less...everything else.

>Commissioner Gordon being a joke
Played for laughs but yeah it's strange how Barbara was super competent but not Gordon.

>The plot device for the final act is the freaking PHANTOM ZONE PROJECTOR
>The villains from the final act are random characters WB owns and "Not Godzilla"
These aren't a problem because they're cool.

>The acknowledgement that they're Lego minifigs happens once during the beginning of the film, is ignored for the second act, and then becomes the linchpin of the climax.
Wasn't Batman removing bricks and building stuff out of it an important aspect of the film?

>this mad at Zack Snyder
Absolutely pathetic.