You’re tasked with leading the reboot of the DC cinematic universe...

You’re tasked with leading the reboot of the DC cinematic universe. What’s your line up of movies and which characters and stories will you use?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ElhbTsKsros
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Do MoS, BvS and JL again but recast Gal and just let Zach do his job without forcing him to shove in retarded sequel bait, CGI monsters and other retarded crap.

I make 3 Batman movies with Christian Bale as Batman, then I stop

time to realize zack fucked it up man.
he got more freedom than most people for a multimillion dollar movie and fucked it up.

I would make it all 2D animation, like The Batman but with a much higher budget.

This. I think Zack really meant well, he genuinely loves these characters and stories but he can’t make a good movie to save his life

Superman The gratest hero
plot is superman vs lex luthor creating Grundy to fight against him
foreshadow for Ace

Batman fighting the question

Aquaman fighting manta negra

Wonder womyn fighting whatever who cares her villains are lame

Flash fighting Captain cold

Green lantern fighting Sinestro

Justice league movie with Lex Luthor controlling Ace

>he thinks it's not Snyder's fault
>only critically acclaimed DC movie was the only one NOT directed by snyder
>recast the only successful nu-DC hero

Just kill yourself my man

>critically acclaimed means anything

Start with solo movies but not origin stories unless it’s a character that’s fairly unknown and then lead it to a team movie. Only difference is that the solo movies won’t be like Marvel’s, which are just to made to promote the next big movie. They would be able to stand on their own. Like in comics, where you don’t have to read Justice League to understand what’s going on in the Batman comics, unless it’s a crossover event. I would start with with almost the same line up except switch Cyborg for Martian Manhunter or Hawkman. I would use Cyborg for the Teen Titans movie instead. I would also make Bruce younger, probably to before or when he meets Dick. I want more emphasis on the bat family and other characters from the Batman universe since they have pretty interesting characters to choose from.

As long as DC films is owned by WB you'll never have the freedom to create what you truly want.

Let Snyder do his thing, but streamlined it a bit and cut his goddamm budget.
Like, less contrieved plot and he can spend 70 millions, top.
I bet the movies would still look amazing andbecome cult phenomenons, the cast would still be the same and they would probably rack just a little less than what they're racking right now.
300 millions box office on a 70 millions bufget doesnt's ound bad.

I would basically just try to fix what was the same problem BR 2049 had: you can't make an art - ish movie and expect the general public to throw money at you like there is no tomorrow. But the fans will, and you have to let that suffice.
So plan accordingly

everyone bove me fucking sucks.

you gotta go for a vertogo trilogy, swamp thing, hellblazer, then sandman. have a few heroes make cameos, but it has to make sense. these take place in the same dceu universe, because they can't afford to start over while Marvel is dropping fucking infinity war next year. then we have a new gods movie, the a buddy cop movie of blue beetle and booster gold, then darkseid appears foe justice league 2. he kills Batman, because afuck wats to leave anyway. he kills barry too, and wally west will become flash. then the guardians send multiple rings to earth, and we get all six human lanterns (no alan scott though), they beat darkseid, and then the univese resets with flashpoint afterwars so we can recast everyone

Not Batman, for fuck's sake not more Batman.

DC movies would have a way bigger initial fanbase than BR though, superhero movies would have a core audience that would see them regardless - even if they were more artistic.
Now that I think about it, that would lead to the first movies getting a large audience, then as the viewers fall due to less mass appeal there would be some critical/media shitstorm about the falling numbers. That would then dissuade even more people from viewing under the impression that it's the movies quality that's at fault.
Maybe making a good superhero franchise is actually impossible.

No more of that teaming up shit.
Just use the money to make a "The Boys" trilogy followed by an "Irredeemable" movie trilogy.
Fuck capeshit.

Why a vertigo trilogy?

It’d be cool if we could get a movie for each robin. Maybe a batgirl movie with Cassandra as Batgirl and Oracle as her support and info broker.

I'd just embezzle the shit out of the money without ever producing anything, hopefully make a studio or two go bankrupt

I certainly won't do Batman that early. After the Nolan films they should have let the character rest for a bit. Maybe drop hints of him in the 3-4 films before he appears, but don't show him. The whole thing felt rush, like how everything wants to be a cinematic universe. Do 3 stand alone films that have little to do with each other, and then go from there.

The very first thing I'd do is bring back Aidan for a CIA origins movie

I start out with Etrigan in the Medieval times, which is where I establish Vandal Savage as my main villain of the series

My Batman will wear dark blue and grey, and will be played by Channing Tatum

I liked everything until the Batman part

put some reddit jokes,reddit memes, fuck drumf , some things about men are evil,some feminist reference here and there and that's it, 99% on rottentomatoes

Make a light hearted movie out of Super Sons. It will be loved by both young and old.

This

Start with an adaptation of James Robinson's Starman set in Opal City. Have hints and allusions to the other fictional DC cities woven into the film, maybe some footage on TVs in the background of Superman, Green Arrow, etc on the news. Cameo from Hitman.

Make a Hitman movie with a cameo from Superman ripped straight out of the comic, pic related.

Closely monitor how the public reacts to the background presentation of the big name heroes and take notes. Make a Flash movie that cements the idea of each hero belonging to a city that reflects their personality. Bring in the Justice League at the end of the movie to tease future Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, etc films. Basically build it up slowly and use no-marks to get people invested in the universe like Marvel did.

people like the marvel movies because they're planned out and a lot of the characters have been around since 2008

people liked the Nolan movies because they were thought out and had been around since 2005 (although Bale probably wouldn't have been into a schlocky team up movie)

you cant just force team-up movies with characters that haven't been in a movie yet and jobbers like Ben Affleck. If you're going to go the EU route do it the marvel way and find someone between Christian Bale and Affleck.

Channing Tatum would make a good Batman though. If it were up to me I wouldn't even include Batman but there's no way DC would make a non-Batman cinematic universe

If it were only up to me, it would ONLY be Justice League Dark with Vandal Savage as the main villain

How old would Batman be in this?

Young as fuck but not entirely new to being Batman

Would you include any other batman characters?

Zatanna if you wanna consider her a Batman character. Also Mad Hatter

1. Superman solo movie
2. Batman solo movie
3. Wonder Woman solo movie
4. Sequels to these three movies, each introducing a new character (for example Flash appears in Batman 2, Green Lantern shows up in Superman 2, Aquaman shows up in Wonder Woman 2).
5. Justice League
6. Sequels + solo movies for the new characters.
7. Justice League 2

Zatanna and Batman teaming up to defeat the Mad Hatter plus Alfred sounds good

Underrated

Scrap the idea of a DC universe because the characters get really ridiculous and the heroes get harder to appeal to audiences

Do a Batman universe instead with Bat family members each getting their own respective movies, Suicide Squad can be done again but it can make sense this time (not a taskforce set up to "fight Superman", more undercover gangster work)

Stylise it to be more Burton and less Nolan

Make it just as brutal as the BvS warehouse scene tho minus the murdering

Best ITT

As much as I enjoyed the Nolan stuff, a trip back to Burton would not only be more fitting, but it would also be a good breath of fresh air. The dark and somewhat whimsical stuff in his movies was perfect for Batman.

Down to earth batman movie
Down to earth happy go lucky superman movie
Down to earth batman sequel featuring superman
Batshit crazy R rated Justice League with aliens and shit

Like take the Burton style and the BvS brutality, you've essentially just got a straight up adaptation of the comics.

Step 2 would be keep the universe going and let the finale of it all be a proper big-screen adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns.

Word for word, plot point for point, not like BvS' borrowing ideas, just adapt the The Dark Knight Returns and end it all

Unless it makes money, then I'd go to Batman Beyond ;)

A proper adaptation of the Dark Knight Returns could make a lot of money but people will know the ending beforehand which is the one problem. Plus finding a guy to play the fucking massive old Batman could be tricky.

Carry on from superman returns universe

That's why at the beginning of this proposed universe just cast one actor, have this universe go on for years so the audience can watch this guy age on screen

Then you don't need to recast, you've got your old batman who the audience have watched get to this stage

I like this idea, watching the DC universe age with Batman. You cast a young Bruce who’s within his first year of being Batman until his retirement and passing on the legacy to one of his sons a la Batman Beyond or his death.

Basically gives an actor a permanent career for the rest of their life, and all they have to do is keep in shape

Apparently that was too fucking much to ask of Ben

Start with Robin & Batman: Batman is already established and other heroes are referenced, but Dick Grayson serves as our POV character into this world as he overcomes tragedy, trains, and becomes the first sidekick to the Bat

Next, Green Arrow: Supermax. Ollie is 10 years in, he’s dating Dinah, and Roy’s been with him for a year. After taking down Vertigo in the first few scenes, he gets framed for his murder, and due to the Count’s diplomatic status, the whole government comes down on him and he gets incarcerated in Super Max with many villains he helped put away. He has to escape and clear his name (the govt knows his identity, but it’s kept classified)

Flash movie with the Rogues. Kid Flash is around but doesn’t play a big role, Iris won’t let Wally do much heroing until he turns 16. Capt Boomerang + Plunder end up in Belle Reve, Captain Cold and the rest go free after unfreezing Barry in the climax to let him save their city

Next, Hal Jordan + Sinestro buddy cop movie. Takes place mostly in space. Introduces Tamaran as a subplot, Starfire has a small role and ends up helping them in the finale. They bring her back to Earth at the end

Then: Titans. Wally turns 16 and goes on patrol w/ Barry. He’s hyped. Barry does everything and is overly protective. Wally is miffed and hangs with Roy and Dick as they all complain about their mentors treating them with kid gloves. They team up to stop a nearby attack, which turns out to be Starfire making a stand against bounty hunters. The four of them team up to defeat the villains (who also get sent to Belle Reve). After they’re on TV saving the day, Beast Boy shows up and insists on auditioning for the team. They say no, but he keeps tagging along as they uncover the bounty was placed by HIVE. They attack a HIVE base and end up rescuing Raven, a victim of their experiments. Ends with Titans scoring a victory against HIVE, while HIVE leadership still plots and Deathstroke accepts the bounty

End Phase 1

i've tried several times to create a lineup but there are too many characters and it would be too long between team up movies

i thought about doing a superman movie and a batman movie to start the dcu, followed by a team up in world's finest where they could introduce wonder woman.

but i feel like it would be pretty neat if wonder woman was introduced in her own solo film where she takes on someone from the greek pantheon and aquaman (being atlantean) or captain marvel show up since they share the olympians.

then you could have green lantern and maybe introduce martian manhunter in some way.

but that's too many duos / team ups. the only person to get a solo film in this phase before justice league would be the flash.

maybe it's good that i'm not in charge of this shit.

>Movie for each robin
One movie for each robin is a fucking disaster just do a batfamily movie and some batman movies prior to it using some of those characters to familarise the audience

The Batman
The Man of Steel
The Wonder Woman
The Aquaman
The Justice League

After that, just continue carrying on in a logical manner where the teamup films feel earned.

>Justice League movie where they fight Braniac. Post credit scene is Dan Turpin finding a dying Orion in a dumpster. Before he dies he whispers to Turpin, "He is in you all."
>Do a bunch of solo movies for the 7
>Make a Mister Miracle which is basically an adaption of Seven Soldiers of Victory that serves as an introduction to Darkseid.
>Make a two parter loosely based off final crisis.
>Have it end with Superman and Darkseid fighting in the sun, which inadvertently gives Superman cancer.
>All-Star Superman movie
and were done.

Fujihara fucked it up. Zack never would have made DCEU as popular as Marvel, but he would have made something special if they left him alone.

Boring af

Or maybe a movie for each team the robin leads. So Dick leading the Titans. Jason leading the Outlaws. Tim leading Young Justice and a Damian/Jon team up movie.

Teen Titans cinematic universe
I'd watch that

He would’ve, but that ship has sailed
To reboot now, the best idea is to focus on legacy, with the familiar heroes already established and the younger generation learning the ropes building up to a Titans / Young Justice team-up
This way you can introduce all your new cast while not retreading any ground. You can do a Justice League movie that’s not a retread down the line, bc the JL already exists and we’ve met all the characters in their prime

True althought there’s the possibility of the actor getting tired of the role. Also they would have to cast someone pretty young, at least in their late 20’s

Who’s Fujihara?

CEO of WB

I'm being like really hypothetical here, like imagining an actor who'd be completely ok with doing this shit for the rest of their lives

In this hypothetical world, if I could cast everyone with disregard for the laws of time and space, I'd cast

Bruce - Young Jon Hamm
Alfred - Current Jeremy Irons
Jim Gordon - Tom Selleck
Dick Grayson - Dacre Montgomery
Joker - Young Willem Dafoe
Riddler - Jesse Eisenberg (works better as that than Luthor)
Bane - Hardy ;)
Two-Face - Bale
Ra's Al Ghul - Younger Christopher Lee
Deathstroke - Michael Madsen
Mr. Freeze - Daniel Bruhl
Falcone - Kiefer Sutherland
Javier Barden - Black Mask

>having a balding Jon Hamm as middle aged Batman

I wouldn't make it a cinematic universe. But if you held a gun to my head and said it HAD to be one, then:

PHASE ONE: YEAR ONE
>Superman
Essentially a story about a young Clark Kent finding the human side to his god-like powers. He travels the world after the death of Pa Kent. Kind of an "Into the Wild" type story on a global scale, starting in Smallville and ending in Smallville with Clark confronting some villain.

>The Batman
Skip the origins (at best some sort of opening montage thing that breezes through it like BvS) and start with a Bruce Wayne that has recently started out as Batman. So kind of a Year One story. Possibly do the origin of Joker (criminal falls in chemicals) in the opening, then focus on another villain and have the reveal of the Joker climbing out of a toxic dump and laughing like a maniac (Killing Joke).

>Wonder Woman
Not sure what to do with her (don't know the character well). The WWI setting has already been wasted so likely immediately have it in modern day and play with mythology in contemporary times and something about traditions and change.

>Green Lantern
Set entirely in space, human protagonist, likely flashback to receiving the ring and then leaving Earth to do missions for the Green Lantern Corps. Kind of like "Guardians of the Galaxy" in that sense but more of a sci-fi than comedy. Possibly takes place in the 80s.

>The Flash & Atom
A buddy comedy set in Star City. Atom can also be replaced with Elongated Man.

>Aquaman
Don't know much about the character, but he needs a movie.

>Justice League
Loose contemporary adaptation of New Frontier. Green Lantern returns to earth to and passes the ring on to somebody else.

PHASE TWO
Would skip some years ahead to the heroes in their prime. Accumulates in an adaptation of "Justice".

PHASE THREE
Would skip some years ahead. The heroes are still in their prime. Accumulates in a battle with Darkseid.

PHASE FOUR
Old heroes. End with Kingdom Come and All-Star Superman combined.

I’d pay for the fucker’s hair plugs personally

What about the rest of the batfam?

It’d be tough

Batgirl is a tough cast but maybe a young Rachelle Lafevre

Jason Todd - Ezra Miller (He does better in serious roles than as autist Flash)

Damien Wayne - Jack Grazer

Carrie Kelley - Sophia Lillis

Start w bats (mid scene has him having coffee with Kent). Goons wondering if bats is a metahuman like ww. Film is bats vs deadshot, with blackmask pulling the strings. Film should be grounded, fight scenes are in snydervision.

Lantern corps see green lantern tales animated film.

> Ezra Miller as Jason Todd, who canonically the tallest Robin and as buff as Bruce

Why Carrie Kelly?

Shit I imagined him as a weedier more annoying and whiny Robin

I suppose in that case Clint Eastwood’s son

I wanna work this universe all the way into Dark Knight Returns so figured I’d cast her too

Maybe when he was teenaged robin but as Red Hood, he’s a full grown adult who’s almost as tall as Bruce. Even as Robin, he relied on his strength while Dick relied on his agility and his acrobat skills

Ah fair enough, yeah maybe someone like Scott Eastwood then

thats the dcau
justice league : doom
teen titan vs justice league
batman vs robin
ect.

please god no not again

theyer already makeing a movie for batgirl does ANYONE read the articals upon articals about this

I honestly thought Scott Eastwood was Dick or Jason in disguise to get info on Amanda Waller and the Suicide Squad and pass it on to Batman

We’re talking about a situation in which we reboot the cinematic universe not the one that’s currently happening

>reboot of the DC cinematic universe

REBOOT
WITH THIS MODEL OUT
PLEASE
THANK YOU

Everyone did and it would have made the DCEU 10x more interesting

Oh well, maybe when it all gets rebooted

Oh yeah true, I haven't looked much into it desu. But still, if they poured way more money into it like high end anime they would be kino.

>theyer
>makeing
>articals

I’m not a grammar faggot usually but that hurt to read

literally all you had to fucking do

Kek

Let’s assume we get a Snyder cut, we have the greatest superhero trilogy ever but that said, obviously they need to make money too. I think WB is cool and will let us have this. We need to let it go now.

I want a Pixar Robin where they have a scene with a song like this m.youtube.com/watch?v=ElhbTsKsros and it shows him and Batman solving crimes and having a loving father son type
relationship and everything is innocent and fun, then maybe it gets dark like Batman gets lethally ill and it gets really sad.

Flashpoint (+Injustice Storyline)
Shazam Movie (Featuring Superman)
The Batman (no affleck)
Martian Manhunter movie (Idris Elba stars)
Teen Titans film
Man of Steel 2 (Cavill is the only hold over from the old DCEU)
Justice League (Lex Luthor is running for president)

Overall tone has the cheese of the silverage with storylines of the animated series.

Also Peter Jackson is in charge of the entire franchise.

The worst one of all of them

I would do go this route:

>The Superman:
Henry Cavill as Superman
Lois Lanes recast 'cause she's old as fuck. The story is Superman faces Parasite or some literally who villain, who kills civilians near the end and superman questions his own capacity to save people near the end. First half is optimistic and shows off Clark Kent and his relationships, as well as him as superman saving people. Near the end it's revealed Parasite was an experiment by Luthor (recast as Bryan Cranston), whom Superman confronts near the end.

>The Batman:
Jon Hamm as Batman, basically Batman begins, but faces Hugo Strange. Batman establishes his supporting cast (Gordon, Oracle, Alfred)

>The Man of Tomorrow:
Superman exiles himself, but still helps people as Clark Kent. He decides to return to Metropolis when a mysterious being shows him something devastating is coming (Dr. Fate cameo/reference). Superman returns to Metropolis, and confronts Luthor, whom is shown to have alien technology, which he used to manipulate the US government into summoning the galactic conqueror, Mongul. Mongul invades, Superman saves civilians and Metropolis, where upon he learns at his fortess that he can challenge Mongul in 1 v 1 combat to save the planet. Superman challenges Mongul, defeats him, saves earth, but severely wounded, Mongul doesn't let him return to earth. Superman is sent to the phantom zone with Mongul as a last ditch resort by his minions.

>Wonder Woman:
Generic wonder woman movie. Include Batman cameo, as well as referencing the old gods. Could be WW against Ares again, but make Ares much better this time, and let him survive, merely banished.

>Green Lantern:
Hal Jordan is summoned as Earth's green lantern, after the Guardians of the Universe deem earth unprotected after Superman's disappearance. Hal must face Sinestro, whom is seeking control of earth and the expansion of his sinestro corp. It's revealed that Lex Luthor and sinestro made a deal, sinestro would find a piece of alien technology for Lex, and Lex would guarantee something sinestro desperately wants. Sinestro is defeated, Hal finds out Luthor was working with Sinestro, and tries to send him to prison, but Luthor gets off on a technicality.

>The Batman II:
Gotham faces a crime wave after Superman’s disappearance, and Batman is overwhelmed. Black Mask and Deathstroke are villains. A noir/samurai type crusader flick. Batman takes on Robin as a ward after young Dick Grayson helps him after a brawl where Batman is left for dead. Joker is referenced. At the end of the movie, Wonder Woman and Green lantern ask him to ‘come with them’.

>The Last Son of Krypton:
STAR labs finds a way to bring Superman back from the Phantom zone. He returns, but feels sick. It turns out that a virus, Brainiac, which had been banished millenia ago by Kryptonians after he had taken Kandor, returns, having used Superman to escape the zone. Brainiac envelops Metropolis in a fortress like force field, and the US is cut off, as Brainiac tries to powerhimself up again by absorbing all of Metropolis. Superman’s power reduces, as the force field reduces sunlight’s entry. Superman starts a guerilla like movement and faces Brainiac’s dominion of Metropolis. Superman has to work with Lex Luthor to stop Brainiac. After finding out Brainiac cannot be destroyed, only contained, Superman faces off with Brainiac, Lex manages to quarantine the intelligence, and the force field is brought down. Lex steals the tech, Supeman tries to stop him, but Lex punches the shit out of Superman with a Kryptonite ring. Among the guerilla group that helps Clark near the beginning of the movie, is a kid names Billy Batson. At the end of the movie, a voice speaks to Billy, saying that it seems he’s worthy.

>Wonder Woman II:

Wonder Woman faces off against Cheetah. Cheetah’s created after WW banishes Ares to the underworld, his remnants possess a girl and she becomes Cheetah. Wonder Woman is shown along Green Lantern fighting crime at the beginning. Luthor captures Cheetah and experiments with her, WW faces the moral drama of killing Cheetah or trying to help her. She tries to face Luthor, but he uses the law to his favor and smears WW’s image by the end of the movie. It’s revealed that Luthor is in posession of a Motherbox, as well as Brainiac.

>Justice League:

Lex Luthor summons Apokolips’ exiled leader, Steppenwolf. Steppenwolf is forced to cooperate with Luthor, as Luthor has the Motherbox as well as Brainac’s knowledge of how to stop New God’s. Lex Luthor uses the Motherbox as leverage, and wants Steppenwolf’s technology to kill Superman. In exchange, Lex offers Steppenwolf the motherbox, feigning ignorance. Steppenwolf invades, Batman, Wonder woman, green lantern and Superman barely survive the onslaught (Steppenwolf is extremely OP and wastes Supes, he barely survives), and thousands of civilians die. Billy Bats is chosen to become Cap Marvel, and fights off a bunch of parademons, gaining Batman’s attention, joining the team. Steppenwolf does the same as in the other movie, basically fucks up Atlantis and Themyscira for the remaining motherboxes, as well as preparing for battle with Superman. Aquaman is recruited (I liked Aquachad, let’s have momoa back) and the league face off against parademons and Steppenwolf. Steppenwolf tries to betray and kill Lex, but Lex uses Brainiac to severely weaken him. The trinity face off against Steppenwolf, this time weakened. Steppenwolf retreats, swearing revenge against Earth. Lex ends up with secret control over sattelites, and every piece of tech on the planet. He’s a secret master of the world.

Then start Phase Two.

I like this.

I don't want a full cinematic universe at this point, I'll take 2-3 good movies.

I just want live action versions of these Alex Ross books. They're not related but they always seemed like they fit together.

Part one would be 5 features/shorts.

Hamm is too old and bald to be Batman.

The only interesting Superman story was All Star Superman by Grant Morrison, it was made into a decent animated version (that cut some parts out) but it would be a game changing movie that would elevate the genre from its diarrhea splattered on a bus stop status.

First I'd change up the ethnicities of the main characters. I think people are ready for a black Batman or an Indian Superman.

Next I'd explore switching the genders of characters. There are literally dozens of genders and yet only two have been represented in the DCEU.

I'd de-emphasize the action, since "action" often just means violence to your average cis male director. Even Ms. Jenkins fell into sexist, demeaning cis male tropes in Wonder Woman, due to being raise in a culture of toxic masculinity. Her institutionalized misogyny ruined what might have been a more progressive take on the character.

That's just off the top of my head.

Oh boy here it comes another 10 movies showing Batman origin story again

CGI films like the Final Fantasy films or the new Gantz but with good scripts straight out of the best comics

>Batman is the first "hero", make him much younger and much more brutal but still not kill, whole first movie is about him learning that being a dickhead that beats people half to death doesn't work next to scaring the shit out of them. First villain is the Falcone family and no one else
>Superman comes after Batman as sort of an ideological opposite to Batman. Superman has an actual reason to dislike Batman simply because Clark was raised in a god fearing house of forgiveness. Superman movie is much more upbeat and classic with Lex Luthor being the villain.
>Next movie is Wonder Woman, wouldnt really change much of her movie
>next movies follow the pattern of Batman-Superman-Wonder Woman, in which all slowly are introduced to other heros (GL for Batman, The Flash for Superman, and Aquaman for Wonderwoman)
>JL movie would feature Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Aquaman, and Green Lantern
>Cyborg is in the Teen Titans movie

This whole thing was scrapped already, they are starting over again because Justice League is a flop critically and financially