JUSTICE LEAGUE EXCEEDS EXPECTATIONS AT THE BOX OFFICE!

IT'S NOT A FLOP, DCEU IS SAVED! NONSAYERS ON SUICIDE WATCH!

>Justice League was initially estimated to make $110 million - $115 million at the North American box office but the DC Comics movie failed to even break through $100 million with an AWESOME $96 million debut. That's still better than the numbers we were hearing yesterday but it's important to note that this is the lowest opening weekend for a film set in the DC Films Universe by a fairly wide margin.

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbookmovie.com/justice_league/box-office-justice-league-slightly-exceeds-expectations-but-suffers-the-lowest-dceu-opening-to-date-a155523
comicbookmovie.com/justice_league/box-office-thor-ragnarok-hits-700-million-worldwide-as-justice-league-nears-300-million-a155525
pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-forecast-coco-death-wish-mollys-game/
youtube.com/watch?v=Wo2KB1dEDdk
youtube.com/watch?v=53hMYw8LX60
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Slightly exceeds because yesterday we thought it would make 95 million

lol

Say it with me pajeet

2 N D W E E K E N D D R O P O F F

Can they even get to $500m worldwide at this point? How much money are they losing with this shitshow?

This opens next weekend too

These are just words so it seems like they know what they're doing to calm down their share holders.
Heads will roll because of this fiasco.

>expected to make 110-115 million
>makes 96 million
>”exceeded expectations”

So DC fans really are brainlets...

>"W-we didn't want to make money."
Bullshit to placate shareholders. The end is nigh for a lot of WB execs after this. Heads will roll. Massive purge coming.

What are the tracking numbers for this?

>Pixar

Here comes the complete and utter annihilation of the DCEU

comicbookmovie.com/justice_league/box-office-justice-league-slightly-exceeds-expectations-but-suffers-the-lowest-dceu-opening-to-date-a155523

Source.

It already opened in Mexico though and became the highest grossing film of all time

It's a well-received Disney/Pixar movie. That combined with the natural 50+% second weekend drop comic book films normally have and negative reviews will be disastrous for WB and DC. The Last Jedi will absolutely kill whatever momentum JL has left if it somehow even manages to last that long.

It's tracking for 65M opening apparently, which will probably take the first place from JL

Mos, BvS, and SS saw 64-69% drops in their second weekends and we can expect something similar to happen here. Coco is unquestionably beating JL by at least $15-$20 million next weekend.

Wasn't BvS like 80%?

Didn't this exact movie already come out a couple of years ago?

I gotta work on saturday because every single mexican at the warehouse called out at least one day of the wekend, so yeah, it's going to have a good weekend I bet.

that will take away the Mexican audience that makes up the DCEU hardcore base

>Monsters University killed MOS legs on its 2nd weekend

It's coming full circle.

Is there even a time of the year where you can release something without a huge release coming next weekend? Even January has big shit coming out now. Every month is summer. Every month is blockbuster month. That's why Hollywood's bubble is bursting.

Wonder Woman had it easy over the summer. That's because literally everything around it either flopped or underperformed. And it was the right thing at the right time.

Holy shit I've never seen such an awful attempt at putting a positive spin on bad news
>expected to make 110 - 115 million
>doesn't even reach 100 mil
>an AWESOME 96 mil
>literally lower than expectations so far
>b-but it's not as low as some thought it would be
>suffers the lowest opening of a DCEU opening to date
Exceeds expectations my bony ass.

>but the DC Comics movie failed to even break through $100 million with an AWESOME $96 million debut.
this is kinda sad. hilarious, but sad.

>Warner's excited to confirm opening weekend was a disaster and not a spectacular disaster as haters had predicted

The awesome was OP's joke. The article says disappointing.

Instead it made $96 million! Hahaha!

WE HAVE WON DCBROS.

MARVELKEK BTFO FOREVER.

>IT'S NOT A FLOP, DCEU IS SAVED! NONSAYERS ON SUICIDE WATCH!

Same with Suicide Squad.

Its a flop

I swear I thought it did too

Imagine all the WB execs feeling right now, the anxiety and worry to woke up next day in Monday morning having to face your furious jap boss who might fire your ass over this headline.

They are making double in international, so it'll end up with $200m domestic and $400m international. That ends up with $600m.
However, domestic gives the studio at least half, closer to 3/4 of ticket revenue so $100m-$150m from that, and at most half of international so max $200m from that.
This will return $300m-$350m, meaning the P&A will be a complete loss

I liked it.
I actually liked the movie. It wasn't even OK, it was really good.

$300 million production and $200 million promotion = $500 million total. Since theaters take half of the total profit it means $1 billion is breaking even for the studio. This was meant to make Avengers money = $1.5 billion.

>Americans can do better mexican-themed movies than mexicans

>domestic gives the studio at least half, closer to 3/4 of ticket revenue

That depends on the deal. Typically, their take goes down week after week. So, 60 for week one, 40 for week 2. Etc. After 3-4 weeks, studios really aren't making much at all from a movie being in theaters. That's why they always try to front load box office to the point where they'll mislead audiences to get them in on week 1.

>I liked it.

comicbookmovie.com/justice_league/box-office-thor-ragnarok-hits-700-million-worldwide-as-justice-league-nears-300-million-a155525

>The DC Comics adaptation debuted with $185.5 million from 65 markets and scored a whopping $51.7 million in China, Warner Bros.' second biggest opening of all-time with only Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice ahead of it with $56.5 million. As a result, Justice League now has a total of $281 million worldwide, a figure which is just shy of its massive $300 million production budget.

Yeah i didn't list the P&A cost since there aren't confirmed numbers for that, only rumors, but assuming that it is $200m advertising like you say, it would take close to $1 billion to break even, but the differences between donestic percentages and international are worth noting.
For instance, if it made a billion but split it $250m/$750m dom/int, then it would only return the studio $550m. But if split $400m/$600m then the studio would get a return of $600m, which looks better for investors.
At any rate assuming $500m total costs and $600m global ticket sales, this movie is losing WB $150m-$200m.

Book of Life, which is also a good movie

>At any rate assuming $500m total costs and $600m global ticket sales, this movie is losing WB $150m-$200m.
Would home media and other merchandise cover that loss? At least enough to break even?

>that fucking spin

Does WB own that site or something?

>Friendly reminder that Justice League and Thor Ragnarok were supposed to be released on the same week, but DC pussied out and changed their release date
>Friendly reminder that the previous 2 Thor films were largely considered to be kind of crap
>Final friendly reminder that this was before the first Thor trailer dropped.

Think about that for a second. A Justice League film was deemed to not be able to top fucking Thor. A film with 2 (arguably 3 with Wonder Woman) of the most iconic fictional characters from the last century, with a character whose logo is one of the most recognised symbols on the planet, looked Marvel B-lister Thor in the eyes and blinked.

I'm not even a Marvel cuck, I'm just saying Jesus Christ, the fucking state of DC comics on the big screen.

Home video used to be where the money was. It's virtually all profit. Studios would hope to just break even at the BO because of that.

Nowadays, though, that ain't the case. With piracy and all the content the big bidders like HBO and Netflix put out, it's not as lucrative as it used to be.

>What are the tracking numbers for this?

pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-forecast-coco-death-wish-mollys-game/

60 million opening
270 million domestic

>an AWESOME $96 million debut
>AWESOME

Yeah, totally radical failure bro!

>I-it's doing great guys I swear! We exceeded Expectations!

WB knew Justice League was shit. They also knew Thor 3 was shaping to be something.

You can't fault their decision on that, at least.

They refuse to go all in on the edgy front and fail miserably.
Deserved.

This is nothing new inb4 they also changed BVS release date to be ahead from Civil War (a movie who literally got green lit because they want to copying BVS)

Not that likely, blu ray and dvd sold about $100m total in america, and based on numbers for JL it'll proportionately do less, so maybe $60m-$75m. With physical copies there is the production costs of manufacturing, retailer cuts and also more advertising for it's release, so the margins are lower on these (the reason studios like these though is because its a lower risk investment and adds an extra revenue stream as well as keep a movie in the minds of audiences).
The studio would only end up with $25m or so from blu ray sales, tv/streaming deals also wouldn't net much more and as far as merchandising is concerned, expect a lot of bargain bin sales for cyborg, aquaman and flash

They knew this movie was a Frankenstein's monster of a mess directed two men with jarringly different styles and they refused to commitment to a single tone until it was too late. Was it going to be another Snyder picture or Avengers-lite? Plus they were still dealing with the animosity they generated with BvS. It needed be pushed back. Give people time to forgive the previous films and the crew more time to handle all of the reshoots. Why not release it in late January?

Snyder had the choice to push the movie back, the studio flat out gave him the option but he refused and had wheadon pick up the pieces.

>Snyder had the choice to push the movie back

THAT. IS. NOT. THE. DIRECTOR'S. CHOICE. TO. MAKE.

>less than Ragnarok
>less than GotG 2
>less than Homecoming
>less than Wonder Woman
>only slightly edges Logan to not be the lowest comic book movie of the year
>less than Iron Man 1
>Cavill's moustache cost them 1/4th of the opening gross

Jesus. To think that this disaster isn't even the worst of Zack Snyder's year.

It is when the studio gives him the offer directly, which is what happened; WB offered to push back the release and have him finish the movie later after a period of mourning for his daughter, he refused and suggested wheadon to complete the film, who was then given control over the movie.

I've never wanted to be a fly on the wall than I do right now

Surely it would have been cheeper to pay the other directors off so that he could shave it? Or shave it and have him wear a fake one at Warner Bros expense? Or just fucking wait to release the film until they got to a point where he could shave it.

Using CGI is an ass backwards way of solving that problem.

>Liked Justice League
>Dragonball pic

This is a shitskin, isn't it?

>Or shave it and have him wear a fake one at Warner Bros expense?
They fucked themselves over. When studios book actors, they can pay extra for having priority for shoots.
But because of the reshoots, they probably didn't have that, so Paramount just told them "no". Cavill just couldn't shave it.

If Paramount cock-block them, I don't think they had a good solution, honestly.

Funny how OP had to change the words in the article to reflect his own views.
For the record, I loved MoS and BvS, even passively enjoyed SS and I thought JS was pure horseshit.

For comparison, ASM2 opened at $91,608,337, 5 million less than JL. It's full WW gross was $708,982,323. This, for Sony, was considered to be a giant fucking disaster and had them abort all their Spidey cinematic movies (at the time). It had a much lower budget as well.

I can't possibly imagine what JL's numbers mean

>For the record, I loved MoS and BvS, even passively enjoyed SS and I thought JS was pure horseshit.

So your opinion means donkey dick. Good to know.

OH NO NO NO
*Inhales*

>EXCEEDS EXPECTATIONS

They could have waited until he was done shooting I guess.

Too late for applying the CGI between that and the release.

Not the moustache CGI, obviously, but the rest.

its not even funny anymore
they need to fire that retard kevin

LOWEST OPENING YET

For such a big deal that people made out of it, I'm surprised WW had that low of an opening.

If you had actually seen the movie, you'd agree. It's atrocious and one of the most jarring changes in tone I've ever seen in a film series. This is like when Rocky suddenly had a goofy robot sidekick. You're blindly defending a movie you haven't seen. Probably still waiting for mommy to give you your allowance and a ride to theater.

>First solo movie ever
>Coming after 3 bad movies in the franchise
>First projections at 65 million
>Made 412 million domestic total beating all DCEU films and a lot of Marvel films

I didn't like it, but no one expected that shit to make that much money. Early optimistic projections were putting at 600M worldwide.

WW had massive legs in the following weeks surprising everyone, that's generally why

WW had legs, but it didn't blow up on the first weekend.

No one in America wants to watch a Mexican movie though.

But they like seeing Disney/Pixar movies

Jesus Christ, you Snyder apologists are pathetic. I fucking hate your lot too because you give DC fans a bad rep.

What about all the Mexicans, you idiot?

56%

>Warner Bros
>Setting there expectations for there tent pole blockbuster of the year to open lower than all previous DC movies

Lmao. It just keeps getting better. It's baffling that all the higher ups at Warner Bros are allowed to keep their jobs while firing people that worked on the film for simply doing what was required of them. Apparently tons of people lose their job when movies like this flop. But none of the blame will be put on the dummies who greenlight this shit in the first place.

This is what happens when you cast 2 Jews AND they even mention the word Jewish in the Goddamn movie., like seriously WB really needs to tone down the Jewish shit, people are waking up to that shit for real.

your 40 million mexicans sure want though
>56%

Alot of the voice actors are mexican, plus everybody knows the US plunders entire nations with their Jewish tricks.

I'm just really enjoying watching DC burn.

Disney is even more Jewish, they're not better.

>Avengers makes the budget back in 12 hours
>makes a billion dollars
>A billion fucking dollars

>DC answers
>barely makes 280 mil in 3 days of it's 300 mil budget and is slowing down
>JUST

I know fucking everyone claims this, but my mother actually does work for Disney as an accountant. Nothing fancy, not like she's a producer or a writer or anything. But, what she does have access to is when Disney plans on purchasing things. She was savvy to the Marvel buy out before it went public as well as the Lucas arts.

What people don't realize is that Disney did have every option to buy DC. In fact, DC was counting on it. Disney declined because they knew the brand just wasn't as well liked as Marvel and therefore not as profitable. And this is Disney. Disney buys everything. Indiana Jones, Star Wars, ESPN, even a few subsidiaries of Nascar. They're an entire company built on investing in profitable markets. They knew full and well DC wasn't going to sail like Marvel and made the choice not to buy.

Warner Bros hasn't had a successful franchise since Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings. Granted, both of those are huge, but they don't have anything else to really fall back on. They've actually had more flops than success.

You just need to watch this to know how their execs treat DC properties.

youtube.com/watch?v=Wo2KB1dEDdk

youtube.com/watch?v=53hMYw8LX60

suffered from whedon rumors (sex molester), turned off people who liked bvs and mos, while people who hated bvs and mos were not interested to begin with

I think mos and bvs were brilliant so I mostly cared if jl was in the same vein, and apparently it isn't- just whedon (sexual molester) quipfest with a sprinkle of sjw propaganda

what does snyder have to do with this movie, you pathetic lying piece of shit

also, remember that Logan was R-rated and made for less than half the cost and Justice League only barely outgrossed it

Logan had decent legs too since it was so good, Justice League will crash and burn now that the most deluded DCucks have seen it

Mexicans are americans.

>what does snyder have to do with this movie
What?

I don't give a shit about who is Jewish and who isn't, Fritz.

Its was a success haters can be more mad now.

"OH NO NO NO NO" and "JUST" hivemind idiots suck it!

Even Mexicans didn't like that movie

>Muh cliches and stereotypes

Notice the significant drop in those oh no no threads lately?

>Disney did have every option to buy DC.
When was this?