Everything makes sense now

Everything makes sense now.

It was really obvious, the moment Batman said "Tell that to Zod's snapped neck" to Superman after his resurrection, I knew.

What is this pic

What the fuck is this

>tfw (Rocky II?) wasn't changed to (Rocky IV?)

This. What is that??

It's from Cap Winter Soldier. Cap keeps a list of things people suggest him to check out that he's missed since being sleep for 70 some years. Disney changed the list to pander to each country's audience.

Haha nice

>still no food in russia

>steve jobs
the utter state of amerimuttia

Moscow Doesn't Believe in Tears is just ok though

Disney had personalized """""""relevant""""""" pop culture references in Captain America's notebook for every major country Winter Soldier (or was it Age of Ultron?) was screening at, which makes absolutely no sense plot-wise.

Why the fuck would Captain America write about Xuxa, Wagner Moura and Mamonas Assassinas, for instance? It was a really cheap 'playing to the crowd' moment.

That is pretty dumb. I'm not even American but obviously the list is written for him by an American so it should reflect that.

>Chaves

Steve is behind the mobile market and accelerating the handheld industry.
In the future you can thank him for having a HMD up your ass

>Israel
>6 Million
>the Holocaust
>Genociding Palestinians

That is sad. In fact, it's pitiful.

Its just so when people see it they post it on German Facebook and normies like it because it mentions things they know of

Exactly, it makes sense for americans, but they were pursuing international audiences so hard that they made this embarassing change, thinking audiences would go "Haha, look! It's that thing we remember! I clapped!"

The worst part is that it worked and the dumb crowds went wild, at least in my country.

That doesn't make any sense, I know for a fact that Russians won't be reading English when it's just a page on the screen

>thai food

>Thai food in every list

Wow, it's fucking nothing. You sure get riled up by incredibly menial shit, you autistic retard.

Thai Food is the biggest meme of the late 2000's

>damage control

Yes, keep thinking it's fine, you're the perfect Disney client.

Wonder what he thought about Mace Windu in Star Wars, he mightve looked a bit familiar

The vomit actually looks like Thai food

>Oldboy
wow

Why do they have to explain in parenthesis who Steve Jobs is and who the important mexicans are, but there's no explanation for Ji Sung Park or Sean Connery? No consistency?

>DUDE YOU NEED TO LOOK UP NEN VELA THE FIRST MEXICAN ASTRONAUT!

>england
>WC final 1966
HOLY FUCKIN SHIET

That is so weird, must have been in Winter Soldier since I never saw that.

>1966 World Cup
>2002 World Cup

embarrassing

Is there one for Japan?

>el Chavo on the Brazil list but not on the mexican
Blasphemy, though
>Maradona
>Shakira
I guess it's more like Latin America in general than Mexico

I can picture it
>Godzilla
>Dragon Ball Z
>Studio Ghibli movies

I like to think they suggested to him he should bring the villain down.

>Ayoo Steve *smacks lips* you finna research 'bout that Mexican nobel prize winner, nig?

>Ayrton Senna
dat legit feel tho

The World Cup 1966?
Fake, britbongs are sad but not that sad.

>Hey Steve, I think it's really important that you see who Skippy the Bush Kangaroo is.

sorry for the different resolutions

Forgot pic

>Mexico
>chupacabra
>cartel sinaloa
>Secuestro express
>liveleak
>Trump

>Oldboy

kino as it is, why the fuck would that be in your list after being frozen for 70 years. wtf disney?

There's nothing wrong with this on principle. The Shining had different messages on the typewriter for different languages.

>Korea
No snsd or gangman style

Kubrick did it so foreign audiences would understand the significance of that scene, Disney did it to pander to idiots.

That completely breaks immersion. I'm not american, we understand that when we're watching a movie like Captain America or The Shining we're seeing americans talking about their things. We don't need the pandering.

>inglaterra
never heard of this country before

>AMIGO MAKE SURE TO CHECK THE 1979 SPANISH CONSTITUTION

Anglo-Land

>US/UK: Moon Landing
>australia: Space Travel

>Berlin Wall (up + down)

Were these all the versions? So embarassing.

Muh spanish constitution
Lmao

actually kind of funny

>Mexico: first mexican astronaut

This is BY FAR the most egregious one. "1978 Constitution"? Fucking really? It doesn't even say "Spain" in the notebook lmao

No, it's the exact same thing

JO SVEDOH

NOOOOOOO

germany isn't in there, it has oktoberfest on the list

Why the pink paper italy?

>currywurst

Ouch, that’s embarrassing. I’m glad I didn’t see this in theatres. I haven’t seen it at all but whatever

>tim tams

All movie screens have tomato sauce smeared all over them in Italy, that's all.

Now in curious about the one they aired here in Ireland, if we got that Bong 1966 one I'll disavow the MCU

what would the list look like if it had to pander to 2017 soybois?

Italy
>Fiasco Rossi
>Ferrari worthless prix
>fucking Benigni
and the worst one
>Thai food still on the list

>7-1

I find it kind of weird that Berlin Wall (Up + Down) is on that list at all. You'd think the first thing Steve would do is look up a basic historic synopsis of the last 70 or so years.

I guess it makes sense, he's American so he places as much, if not more, importance on learning the most elementary history as he does on watching pop culture or knowing who Steve Jobs is.

It isn't and you know it. If Kubrick hadn't changed it foreign audiences would've said "what did he type? Why is she freaking out?" and that would've ruined the tension of the scene. There wasn't any need to change the list of recommendations that Captain America received since list was a throw away gag that didn't have any significance.

i've read the different versions and they make no sense to me

>Nintendo
>Playstation
>anime (hentai)
>senpai desu waifu kawaii baka tsundere

Do you have a link to them?

Quick, write more quips!!!!

He needs pop culture knowledge to understand everyone's constant quips, it's basically like learning a new language

no but i know them
italy
>The morning has gold in its mouth
german
>Never put off until tomorrow what can be done today
spanish
>No matter how early you get up, you can’t make the sun rise any sooner
french
>What you have is worth much more than what you will have

i get what the proverbs mean, but i don't get how they're relevant to the scene

What's with all these forced Amerimutt memes?

- Gamergate
- #NotMyPresident
- Rotten Tomatoes
- Antifa
- US Women's National Soccer Team
- Black Lives Matter
- Rocky (Creed?)

the fuck? the mexico one makes no fucking sense. did they just generalize latin america events for all of mexico?

If we're talking about pop culture events you'd see stuff like Chespirito, or Pedro Infante

That's not how it works for international audiences. Subtitles also show what's written in text when the text is emphasized on screen. They don't just translate what people are talking about.

considering how germany has oktoberfest on it i'd say all of those lists were made by americans

>Subtitles also show what's written in text when the text is emphasized on screen.
Weren't the international versions of The Shining dubbed into different languages?

>i wrote that in 20 minutes
and he had a couple of months to refine it

This, it was written by clueless american Disney people that just googled names of some countries and picked random shit that appeared for the list.

Wanted did this too. In the English version McAvoy turns to the camera and says "what the fuck have you done lately", in the Russian version he turns to the camera and says "got him" in Russian. The director is from Russia though, so that was a tongue in cheek moment, not an attempt to pander.

Movies come dubbed and subbed, you have the option to pick which version you wanna watch. This has been a thing for a long time.

>In the English version McAvoy turns to the camera and says "what the fuck have you done lately", in the Russian version he turns to the camera and says "got him" in Russian. The director is from Russia though, so that was a tongue in cheek momen
I don't get it.

what's wrong with octoberfest being mentioned as a well known german thing? what would you rather have in there, Rammstein?

But Germans love Oktoberfest?

what is troubleman? problem child 4?

>Dance Dance Revolution

He's shooting a villain in the last scene, hence "got him". The tongue in cheek thing is the director didn't want to be an asshole to his local audience, he just did the asshole ending bit for the anglos because fuck the anglos

fake

We failed him in life. We won't fail him in death