Give me more bullshit science/physics facts on comics

Give me more bullshit science/physics facts on comics

Also how come the flash doesnt rip appart while running at that speed?

Other urls found in this thread:

narutoforums.com/xfa-blog-entry/wallys-speed-holy-fucking-shit-edition.18917/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Also how come the flash doesnt rip appart while running at that speed?
Speedforce.

In what issue do they explain why his power doesn't drive him mad?

narutoforums.com/xfa-blog-entry/wallys-speed-holy-fucking-shit-edition.18917/

>Wally trans-time velocity:23,759,448,520,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000c

I think it was in Terminal Velocity. Basically Max Mercury pointed out all the weird shit and then explained it was because of speed force.

Motherfucker wanted to out run the big bang and big crunch

I want to write a comic about a speedster that goes insane because everything takes an eternity to unfold and talking to anyone lasts forever just for them to finish their sentences.

Haven't they done this with Flash a few times?

>Any question about Flash

Dunno, I hope not.

what about bizzarro flash? Mofo is so slow there's no need for that

I remember Wally mentioning that sometimes he goes into speed mode when he's bored, but it's not a constant thing. Speedforce takes care of it.

Also there was an issue where he needed to go faster, I think to save a woman, and used the speed formula and got stuck walking around with everyone else as a statue for a while. No real insanity though.

>muh speedforce
I love flash but explaining everything with *speedforces behind you* is nothing personnel and a little annoying.

I only hate the fact he gets outsmarted, like nigga you are faster than anything cmon

Flash should be the smartest human being alive because of that. He can process near infinite amounts of information in a minute. He could read every single book written by mankind in a couple hours. Have you ever spend a long time isolated from everything only thinking and how that completely changes and makes you smarter and more adept to attain new information and perspectives? He would be doing that constantly.
He wouldn't even be human anymore.

A guy on Youtube, possibly the most reliable source for news & information, once went into the numbers as to why Iceman is the most powerful fire elemental force super hero, or at least one of them.

The energy transition to go from human temp to his -70 degree operating super hero temp would cause an explosive flash fire all around him hotter than a whole bunch of suns.

None of this is ever depicted in the comic books however.

And now you vaguely know as well.

It falls into the same idea that somehow 'yellow' sun radiation is somehow different. You just accept it.

I mean it's going to get handwaved anyway because they don't want a hero who can't go really really fast without wrecking shit and killing people. Doesn't matter if you call it speedforce, claim the costume fixes it, or whatever else. Same result in the end.

>He wouldn't even be human anymore.
Maybe that's why he doesn't do it. When you're regularly hanging out with likes like Batman, Lex,or The Question or other people who go special kinds of crazy by overwhelming themselves with knowledge, maybe he feels its better not to abuse his power to become a super genius.

That's basically why Quicksilver is such a cunt.

They fix that by saying it's just short term memory and he forgets it quickly too.

Johns made it so The Flash zones out when he's not doing anything too strenuous. Like running across the country happens to him as fast as everyone else. It's all instinct.

Technically speaking, a well accomplished fire-controlling hero should be able to control the weather to a degree. Weather is varying degrees of heat exchange.

Yeah man and how does Superman get the power to lift mountains by absorbing about 2 cubic meters worth of sunlight a day?

How does Green Lantern have a ring that can overpower a supernova and recreate a planetary system without it being a black hole in his finger from storing so much energy?

The flash was doing stupid bullshit 50 years before The Speed Force exist. Back then it was just "CHEMICALS."

Anything he uses his super speed to learn he forgets in a few minutes.

Only Bart can remember what he uses super speed to learn, and he doesn't do it because it's boring.

if i run fast enough can i kill all threads like this...?

But does that equal Thor and Beta Ray Bill destroying something powered by dozens of suns in one hit?

You can outrun death, but can you outrun Shitposting user?

Reading this as a kid made Quicksliver and X- Factor my number 1 faces.

This is why Bart was the superior speedster, simply because he could remember things he read while using speedforce.

Bart is a pussy thou

The Flash is literally the fast thing in the universe, the only limit to how fast he is going is himself meaning is top speed is basically infinite. You just kind of have yo accept to accept that physics don't apply to him.

Unless you're Superboy-Prime.

Barry destroyed a universes, user.

Just one question

Speedforce comes from his chest or his legs?

im pretty sure he doesnt even need to move his legs at all, otherwise everything he touches would implode

Speedforce doesn't come from anything. Speedforce Is.

Does anyone have the one with superman and how his "99% speed of light" punch would burn 40,000,000,000,000 something calories?

So does the Anti-Monitor.

That's wrong, it comes from Barry. He runs and that makes Speed Force.

So, to answer the other user, from his legs.

well im pretty sure even running at 1/20 of speed of light would make you draw the same or more calories

I think it's time to get hypercrisis here now

How can he think with the speedforce when he isn't running, then?

He literally is the Speed Force, user. Any powers originate from him.

Not exactly. Speed force is still separate from him. It basically just chose him to be its origin point and uses him as a hamster in a wheel to keep shit running. He doesn't really have control over it or who gets powers.

Not true. It's literally said that the Speed Force was stagnant and dying while Barry wasn't alive and running. His return brought it back, as now that he runs it thrives and gains power.

The Speed Force is the bucket, Barry is the faucet.

Can Barry outrun the Speedforce or at least run out of it?

also, Barry chose Wally to get powers. That originates from Born to Run in Waid's book, even before The Speed Force and the Rebirth retcon. Barry's will to make Wally's dream come true struck him with the lightning.

Yes. If you mean run out of it once you get sucked into it. He did that in Flash Rebirth. Both he and Wally can do it.

No and kinda the speed force can be destroyed or at least cut off from everyone else

It relies on him but it's still a separate force that existed throughout time as well.

Yes but mostly because it likes him. He didn't literally make the speed force itself do anything that it did not choose to do. The speed force itself is the final decider on who gets powers.

You guys are not being specific enough here.

pfff and yet you got hit several times with a fucking boomerang, so what's your point Barry?

>It relies on him but it's still a separate force that existed throughout time as well.
Again, they explained this. It exists throughout time because it spread throughout time from the moment he created it.

>Yes but mostly because it likes him. He didn't literally make the speed force itself do anything that it did not choose to do. The speed force itself is the final decider on who gets powers.
>You guys are not being specific enough here.

No, he made the Speed Force. It didn't exist before him, it didn't choose him. It chose everyone BUT him because it literally is an extension of him. Barry is a human, but also the entirety of the Speed Force. It's like his metaphysical offspring.

Wally is a beneficiary of Barry's subconscious will forcing the Speed Force to give him powers. It also explains why the Speed Force likes him so much and why Wally's so good at it -- Wally was always Barry's favorite.

The fact that it spread throughout time means that it existed before the accident as well and always existed. It's just a minor paradox. My issue is that you're not being descriptive enough and ignoring the fact that it had to exist before him as well due to spreading at the origin.

It's generic Flash time travel. Before the Speed Force there were no speedsters. Then Barry created the Speed Forces and history changed to accommodate it expanding throughout time and the multiverse.

Like Flashpoint but in a good way. Barry creating The Speed Force changed history so that people like Max, Johnny, and Jay could exist.

Imagine if Barry created it then ran back in time and tapped Max Mercury on the shoulder to give him super powers. It's like that but less direct and conscious.

>lets bitch about real things in fiction
what even is the point of fiction if there is always that one asshole who ruins the fun

The fucking flash outwrite himself first with pseudo scientific claims

Bizzarro Flash is depowered by the Slowforce.

Underrated post.

Can't forget that one time in Archie Sonic where he grabbed a handful of dirt, threw it in the air, and ran on it.

Yeah, I mean, if you can pretty much run on outer space you can fly without resorting to that shit

Wally rebuilt a collapsed bridge he was running on. Same difference.

It didn't change history though because there is no "before" timeline. This is just all that always was. The origin is simply in the middle of the story rather than the end.

It did change history. Jay Garrick and Barry Allen didn't originally have Speed Force. It's all a retcon. Waid retconned the Speed Force to have always just have been there and be the real origin for everyone, and then Johns retconned that to make the Speed Force originate at a specific point in time then spread backwards and forwards.

He's also been shown to be in speed mode/talking super fast without thinking about it.

I think that was because he was being attacked and about to die and just automatically went into super speed.

With Barry it's because he kinda just negates time due to traveling through speedoforce. I don't know what the other speedsters excuses are.

Ah, alright then

The observatory elements of the speed force were always there. Just because they didn't call it that doesn't mean it wasn't there.

how accurate is this

What? What was there?

If you're talking about the lightning streaks those were originally afterimages. Ambient, actual lightning energy didn't exist until Waid's run. It showed up with Bart. Which is long after Waid hinted at the Speed Force in The Return of Barry Allen.

the whole molecules thing is not true, that's Kittys power thou

You cant explain an infinite source of power, that's how fucking broken the flash is

I'm talking about not having to deal with physics and dying while performing feats.

My only complaint is how anything can surprise him. Imagine that the flash is going at normal speed because he slowed down. Then a villain shows up and tries to do something villainous to him/the planet/whatever.

This nigga can think so fast, he could literally take what would feel like a year to us to think of a solution to the problem at hand. And he was already really fucking smart before too.

So *speedforces behind you* is honestly the least of those problems.

>Comma after the first zero
Every time

This.

Superman doesn't have enough surface area to absorb the amount of energy he needs for his shenanigans.

Flash doesn't make everything explode with the force of an atom bomb.

Just accept it.

>I don't understand how plants or the electromagnetic spectrum work

There's no way the flash should ever lose to any bad guy if he has forewarning. Even Darkseid should be a cakewalk.

>Still manages to get hit by this guy in a regular basis

The true Darkseid exists outside of the speed force as an idea though. Final Crisis didn't even truly beat him, just scattered him a little across the multiverse.

I remember in bleach, one of the villains overdoses on super reaction time to the point where seconds take lifetimes, and he doesn't have the speed to match it, so he ends up getting stabbed and takes an eternity to die

I do. If you want me to believe Superman derives his energy from the sun, surface area aside, he'd look like this guy.

you can easily bullshit this as him having a latent speed force intuition if you want considering his son had powers, sure maybe they mostly came from the Thawne half but maybe it's a little of both

How can anyone on earth be this much of a casual?

Those aren't Speed Force things. Those were wrapped into the Speed Force when Waid created it. It's not the other way around.

COIE was the only "dying while doing something amazing" thing before the Speed Force anyhow.

Yeah man if you just put up a superman sized solar panel you to can destroy the moon with the energy you saved up over, say, 20 years.

Meloni didn't have speed force powers anyhow.

Yeah that was I think Szayel versus Mayuri

Not necessarily. a) Piccolo is never said to have chlorophyll b) there are several types of pigments, chlorophyll a, b and carotinoids.
Especially carotinoids absorb in the red spectrum.
The twist here now is: There is no plant pigment that actually absorbs in the yellow range. They all have some overlap and chlorophyll b has an excitation maximum at 650 or so, but actuall yellow light is not that strongly absorbed.
And plants are only green because they don't absorb green light. So if Superman had some crazy yellow absorbing pigment in him, he wouldn't be green.

Superman has a fictitious structures throughout his body called solar cells. Not sure if pigments really come into play at all.

If Flash were actually that fast, he'd be fucking invincible.

He is, he usually doesn't move that fast because its extremely dangerous to himself and others. He could kill Superman and Superman wouldn't even perceive what killed him.

He can also steal kinetic energy from things.

It is though, it's how he phase through walls and can phase other objects with him.

If you ever have a question about the Flash on how/why he can do shit. The answer is always speedforce

THIS is bullshit physics

Posting a classic

The fuck is this.