Slott Spider-Epic Pt. 10

Previous threads here
Picking up with Amazing-Spider-Man #690!

SHIT I FORGOT #8!!!

No problem.

I feel like every Lizard plot is devolving into "LETS MAKE EVERYONE LIZARDS" and I'm getting sick of it.

He used to be pitiable and kinda interesting, like a shittier hulk.

I think they've ruined him these days

Unlike lizard, Morbius didn't exactly deserve thie

I'm willing to agree for once.

This isn't a proper cliffhanger
>that thing I've been talking about nonstop, literally everything to me
>but suddenly having second thoughts
>in a situation where fucking of course I'll do it

NO LOGIC IN THIS THREAD!!!!!! GTFO!!!!!!
But seriously stay. I like you and you seem like good people.

Logic finally come's in at the end of this issue.

How would you all have felt if this was the end for the Lizard?
>I would have preferred Shed be the "official" ending to Curt Connors.

I'm spoiling this page for Devil Spider. Don't give two shits about Ms. Carpenter.

SLOTT YOU MAGNIFICENT FAT BASTARD! KINGSLEY IS BACK BABY!!!

It took two long years after his "return". Personal trolling from Slott himself. But it was worth it. He's back. The magnificent bastard most based Goblin is back!

>Don't give two shits about Ms. Carpenter.
Bet you're a Drewfag too.

Madam Web written by slott is a really shit character. Basically wrong about everything, while still acting smug about it and pretending to be all knowing, when she's almost always wrong.

Also "haha, I foresaw this thing that you don't know about and I won't tell you about, but you fucked up for not doing it like I foresaw because I didn't tell you". Then "I foresee you cannot ever beat this thing, it's impossible" beats it anyway "well I foresee everything after all and know everything, I'm still right"

I can't tell you future for some mystic reason. She's a bad imitation of old madam Web, who actually did come off kinda wise and had reasons for being mysterious.

Uatu, you're being a real dick offering to play video games with a guy missing an arm.

hesa nigger

Not really. Compared to Kingsley all spider bitches are insignificant. Also I really wanted to skip this series but for the sake of completion, I decided to go ahead and do it. Let's get ALpha out of the way.

I agree with everything you just said. Makes me wonder what Kelly could have done with the character since he was the one that made her the Madam Webb

This was such a pointless story that ammounted to literally nothing. This is why I don't buy it when people say "Slott has a bigger picture in mind!!", because all of his stories feel like shit he came up with randomly, with the "hey, wouldn't it be cool if..." mindset. There's no message, no larger metatext, it's all just a disjointed mess.

In most cases Slott does have a bigger picture in mind, this is just insufferably bad and agonizing to sit through. Woulds peeps be cool if I didn't do the backup story for the sake of space or do want "everything"! I'm game to do everything I'm just worried I won't be able to start Superior. tonight

Resized

I just don't see it, I mean what IS Slott's bigger picture, anyway? Revamping Doc Ock? Is that it? What's the larger message of his run, the point of it all? All the best stories have something to say, whether implicitly or explicitly, they don't just exist. Slott has nothing of the kind, it's just a bunch of random stories that don't amount to anything.

I've come to accept that in AMazing SPider-Man, there isn't a larger meaning behind it all (or at least not one I've been able to decipher). It's all about telling the next big story. That's what his entire series is. Telling the next epic, which in reality is kind of amazing.

WHere Slott is today in The Clone Conspiracy has all escalated from Peter's start at Horizon Labs. Every story played a crucial step in getting to the next "Big" story in Slott's eyes. There's no huge moral, but I've grown to enjoy most of his stories as a ridiculiously extravagant Spider-Man epic that obviously won't change the status quo forever, but it still represents a very interesting and varied time in Spider-Man's history.
I'm actually really stoked for his upcoming Osborn epic. His portrayal in New Ways to Die was fucking gold and I think that's what we're gonna get.

>I've come to accept that in AMazing SPider-Man, there isn't a larger meaning behind it all
But that's wrong, the whole point of the character is "with great power there must also come great responsibility", it's in the text of Spidey's very first appearance. The problem is that Slott's Spider-Man has nothing to do with this message. For example, after Marla Jameson's death, Peter swears to never let anyone die in his watch. OK, this is a poignant moment that plays into the "great responsability" part... but then it's forgotten as soon as the next big story comes around. It's utterly pointless. Then there's Superior Spider-Man, which ends the same way, a character learns that age-old invaluable lesson, in this case Ock... only to forget it as soon as the next big story comes around.

If there is a theme to Slott's run, it's stagnancy, nothing moves forward, ever.

Stuff like this is why Horizon and Peter getting a job there really wasn't executed well, it just amounted to a lot of Gadget of the Week plots, plus a paper-thin supporting cast.

This is why I always kinda preferred JMS.

Everything he did was pushing peter further towards being a more complete hero spiritually, physically and emotionally.

It flowed into a grand picture about who peter was becoming and carved out a place for him in the grander marvel universe.

Slott just doesn't seem to be doing that. Yeah sure there's a ton of change, but a lot of that change doesn't really fit. Making peter a science wizard or the new tony stark doesn't hold the same weight for a character that is somehow still defined by his years in high school becoming a supporting high school teacher, making life easier for kids like him.

Also I don't get it, this was two issues, did slot always plan on alpha being a poochie and being shove away immediately or did he just react to fan backlash because no-one likes his asshole character.

You need to stop expecting anything from Slott and the sooner you do that you sooner you can start enjoying this series. Read JMS, Jenkins (bite me if you disagree -- Death in the Family was godlike), Stern, or Kelly for growth.

Without Peter at Horizon, we wouldn't have got Peter with the technological resources to fend off Spider-Island. WIthout Spider-Island we wouldn't have gotten Ock infecting Pete's brain leading to superior Spider-Man. Without Peter's built relationships in AMazing, Ock wouldn't have been able to be as successful as he did. Due to Pete neglecting to get a PHD, Ock decides to enroll in school and meet Anna. Ock's entire tenure leads to Pete shattering his relationships with most of his supporting cast and getting his own company. Pete returning causes Pete's company to take a new direction leading to Pete becoming Tony Stark 2.0. And due to Pete's position as CEO we couldn't we now got The Clone Conspiracy. Obviously a lot of little things were left out, but Slott is one of the few writers that actually seems like he plotts his stories in advance and sprinkles their foundations as he goes on.

>That poochie reference.
Well done.

Sorry, but saying "it's just shitty that way, learn to enjoy it" isn't really a valid defense.

I didn't say he couldn't have an arc, just that it wasn't executed well.

It is if you accept it for what it is and stop trying to compare it to works of real sustenance. Otherwise I don't know what you're doing in this thread. If you were to start a JMS thread I'd certainly check it out.