There is a new discord server for the discussion of arthouse and experimental cinema, please join in you are interested

There is a new discord server for the discussion of arthouse and experimental cinema, please join in you are interested.

discord.gg/fBmRwNK

We also have a filmclub, this week's movie is August in the Water by Sogo Ishii, drop by if you'd like to discuss it with us, or if you'd like to suggest a film for the upcoming week!

Yeah I like it.

Can't we just have a kino general?

this is a good discord
it has nice people with good taste
it's good to discuss film

No, because it would be flooded with capeshit and michael bay films in 5 minutes.

This discord is kino general.

genrefags are the plebbest of plebs. this goes for the typical high school LE EBIN SCI-FI pleb. this goes for the typical community college hipster LE EBIN EXPERIMENTAL pleb.

You're all fucking shithead plebs.

AAW (Anons Against Womanlets) are also represented.

nah

Everyone should join this discord if they want to learn more about new films! I'm a pleb and it's really helped me expand my horizons

join this discord if you're an abbey-lover

I am so glad we could help friend.

eh if you're reading this you're a pleb and I hate you

My feelings are officially hurt.

Let's bump with some actual discussion. Who could we talk about that is good but also people on Sup Forums might know? Bresson?

>people on Sup Forums might know
>bresson

lol

What's the best Bresson film ? I vote for Le Diable Probablement

I love Pickpocket.

pleb

no u

Let's talk about the best person in the discord instead. I vote for Cuckboy. Worst is obviously eh

Who else has that quiet, contemplative realism like Kiarostami? The scene with that old Turkish doctor trying to convince the guy to not kill himself because of all the beautiful little things in life he's going to miss in Taste of Cherry is pure kino

Le Diable Probablement is his pinnacle after he fell for the Brechtian meme but Man Escaped and Diary have the most heart.

t. cuckboy

Nice discussion fags. Devil is a good pick, I like Lancelot du Lac as well. His early stuff is solid for sure too
No you will get the thread deleted again

Probably pleb answers but I would say Ozu, Hou Hsiao Hsien, Edward Yang, Nuri Bilge Ceylan and Jafar Panahi

Forgot about Lancelot, also incredibly good.

It's pretty weird how it was actually the French who made two best films based on Arthurian legends.

L'Argent>The devil, probably>Pickpocket>Mouchette>Lancelot du lac>Diary of a country priest>A man escaped>A gentle woman>Au hazard Baltazar>The Trial of Joan of Arc

>Lancelot du Lac
My 2nd favorite Bresson. I think it's really underrated, people don't seem to like it.
I dunno, I feel like Le Diable has more heart than those two, just in a different way

What do you think is the worst Bresson film? I say his Joan of Arc, I feel like it was kinda pointless

>The Trial of Joan of Arc
Better than Dreyer's!

fw literally nobody on neo-Sup Forums will get this reference

I would rank it
Diable>Lancelot>Diary of A Country Priest>Femme Douce>L'argent>Mouchette>Pickpocket>Au Hasard Balthazar>Ladies of Bois de Boulogne>Angels of Sin>Joan of Arc

Also the girl from A Gentle Woman was an absolute qt, one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen

I genuinely disliked Mouchette, didn't care for the character in the slightest.

Forgot about Ladies of Bois de Boulogne, awful as well. Nobody would ever talk about this film if not for Bresson's name attached to it.

>Also the girl from A Gentle Woman was an absolute qt

This

But the holy trinity of arthouse will forever be: Monica Viti, Anna Karina, Bibi Andersson

Diable is good but that ending was too much imo
Me too on a first watch but she's supposed to be insufferable

>Monica Viti
Never understood the hype, she's not that qt. Anna Karina and Bibi Andersson on the other hand, wew lad.
Also a good candidate is pic related from Bob the gambler

Excuse me?

user, pls

not nearly that qt, great actress though

All things considered I think we all know who is the #1 /film/ qt though.

>trying to convince the guy to not kill himself because of all the beautiful little things in life he's going to miss
really great philosophical insight

>this is considered discussion
who knew watching flicks didn't make you any less of a brainlet

explain pls

It's not film discussion. Pick a film, get some discussion. Or I could paste some discussion from the film club, good stuff was said about At The First Breath of Wind

>really great philosophical insight

lol stop posturing you pseud

enlighten us with some intelligent commentary then

A long time ago certain tripfag used to meme people with that opinion.

>Anna Karina and Bibi Andersson on the other hand, wew lad

Ya better be agreeing with me nigger

what tripfag? Is he in the discord ?

>falling for baby's first bait
baka

>tripfags
>having shitty opinions

And nothing of value was lost.