Hopes? Fears?

Hopes? Fears?

I'm afraid that they haven't learned anything and keep using the same shitty tactics.

So what have we heard about this so far?

This is pretty much a certainty since they're keeping the same shitty editorial most likely. Rebirth worked mostly because DC cycled out and brought in new editorial like a year or two before it so all they needed was direction from Johns to streamline things. I don't see how Marvel can repair on the fly like that and I don't think they even understand that's they need to do it.

They said they were gonna stop with the forced social commentary but I don't think anything less then a total relaunch with no SJW/movie synergy will ever get me to buy marvel again

*reboot* not relainch

I'm fucking pissed Slott is still on Spider-Man. The man is completely fucking burned out at this point. He needs to be forced off.

I'm afraid they think they can just bring back established heroes to the forefront and things will be fine instead of making their universe interesting again

Because it isn't the legacies that bother me. It's that there seems to be nothing interesting in their universe anymore and they're just filling pages because something has to come out this month

Is this a New52 style relaunch? I dont get it. Are they starting over? I heard a rumor, offline, from people that claim to be close to Marvel workers that they are promoting Arcade because it will be revealed the MU has a big Beyonder and Battleworld story coming up. They said it will be BIG. thats all I know.

I hope it succeeds. Ive never been much of a Marvel fan outside of X-Men and Spidey but I want those books back damn it. I fear that it will fail after a brief resurgence in the sales and Marvel will continue to flounder, which is bad for the industry as a whole.

I swear this whole thing sounds like a massive Rebirth rip off in every way and it's so blatantly transparent

I hoped people would stop making marvel threads
I fear you will continue to despite being unpaid interns

Biggest rumor is that it's going to be Marvel's version of rebirth.
A lot of us are hoping Marvel can take a hint and realize most readers don't give a shit about all the legacies they're pumping out and don't appreciate the constant political messages.

They are pretending like it's Rebirth but it's probably more like One Year Later

Stay mad and keep crying.

Anyone who was reading comics around the time that Amazing Spider-Man 500 will know that nothing is changing other than Spider-Man going back up to like 800+ and same with a few other titles. That's literally all that's happening here.

Don't they still have the same shit writers like Slott and Bendis :DDDDDDDDD? If so it'll be the same shit just less political but the politics are hardly the worst part. Shit writing is universal.

>Hopes
I hope Marvel goes under because of this

>Fears
More and more capeshit

I still that it a fucking terrible title for a new status quo change

"on the fly" is how Marvel has been operating for years now, which means they haven't learned anything.

It's ironic how much the approach to modern Marvel comics mirrors DC movies: throw the product out without any buildup whatsoever, and hope it sells.

>Hopes
Gabby Rivera gets more work at Marvel. Perhaps she could write Moon Knight.

>Fears
Moon Girl and Riri are forgotten.

>Hopes
They fire Bendis and he goes to DC

>Fears
Nothing changes

My hope is for it to be Marvel's Rebirth like everyone is memeing.

But honestly, I think it's starting to look like another Now(erer).
They will still be a lot of tumblr books coming out like America and Wasp. Ice Man and Jean Grey don't look good. The Legacy characters aren't leaving(Generations). The O5 are still here. The Inhumans are still being pushed. It just seems like there will be too many characters competing for spotlight and satisfying no one. You still have terrible to mediocre writers and artists. Slott will literally still be on ASM (and will literally never leave the book). Bendis will still Bendis. Spencer isn't as good as he use to be.

It feels like most of the books will be terrible or boring. And the few I will like will most likely be cancelled/"minis"

>Hopes?
No Slott or Bendis, or the women who they get to write those "yaass queen slay" 'ongoings' that last 10 issues.

>Fears?
More of the same old shit.

When do you fellas think the comic industry will collapse again? I say before 2025.

Hope: good comics with strong editorial direction guiding writers

Fear: editorial continues driving forever with shitty events that cause the line to feel confused and force writers that can be good to make shitty tie ins that interrupt stories and degrade their quality.

They went to Cain to write a story, Marvel still run by agenda driven shills who will turn bad guys into evil right wingers.

Hopes:
No more SJW tier characters like Kamala, riri and moongirl
No more gay and interracial characters
Iceman is straight again

Fears:
Everything opposite of my hopes

The fire rises.

Hopes: A complete goddamn teardown and rebuild, from the ground up, much like how Ultimate was a whole separate universe, starting the characters and stories from zero again.

Fears: That everything will stay the same. Since there's no editorial change this is almost certainly the case.

Until Marvel fixes the problems with their writing and editorial process, no amount of renumbering issues or shifting legacies around is going to fix anything.

Its another ad gimmick, nothing more. They havent learned a damn thing

HEY GUYS! HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT [FRESH YOUNG MINORITY HERO] WELL YOU'RE ABOUT TO LEARN WHY [FRESH YOUNG MINORITY HERO] IS THE ABSOLUTE BEST!

All those other heroes who have stood the test of time and developed fan bases through decades of stories can't hold a candle to [FRESH YOUNG MINORITY HERO] in fact old those lame old heroes are just in the way of [FRESH YOUNG MINORITY HERO] so we're replacing them with [FRESH YOUNG MINORITY HEROES] with words and art by [SOME LOW RENT TUMBLR WEB COMIC ARTIST THAT THE KIDS LIKE]

At this point, it seems like Marvel comics are trying to crash the industry (again).

I half suspect they got some kind of Springtime for Hitler scam going on

Hope: the MUH True Heroes line will be a containment line for the likes of Bendis, Guggenheim, Whitley, Henderson, Malin, Land...

Which... actually makes it plausible. Marvel and DC freaking LOVE to rip-off each other badly.
Or maybe it's just Marvel that does it, hard to remember the order in which things happen.

>hopes
An actual push for independent storylines in multiple books without SJW bullshit or three fucking cross-titles events every fucking year
>fears
marvel doubles down on the 'diversity' push and only returns the original characters to their books only so they can take a huge shit on them. Like, all of a sudden thor is worthy and starts beating wenches and trafficking elf slaves or something.

Well yeah. Marvel loves ripping off DC.