Discord thread got deleted cause mods get triggered if we're not posting about justice league's RT score...

Discord thread got deleted cause mods get triggered if we're not posting about justice league's RT score. Discuss art house cinema here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kswOS1YfmPM
discord.gg/fBmRwNK
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump but gone are the days of Sup Forums discussing art house. This board has changed so much from even two years ago.

Favorite/most beautiful scenes?

>Cleo 5 de 7: her relief at being cancer-free, when all you hear is the birds and the way she's looking into the soldier's eyes with this glow on her face in a way that's even purer for being platonic

>The Wind Will Carry Us: his conversation with the doctor about death as they ride through the fields on his motorcycle

>A Scanner Darkly: guy talking about arriving at a newfound love for his friends and family after his suicide attempt

>Devil's Eye: Don Juan pleading for some sign of affection from Andersson, and the way Bergman films her with his majestically cold look in her eyes

Cont.

>Red Desert: the story of the girl on the island, and how it ends on a fade-to-blue. Pure kino.

>Wild Strawberries: when Andersson hauntingly admits her love for the doctor, and how you can tell he knows she's just being playful but also how much it still means to him

>Vivre sa vie: "take away the exterior and you have the interior, take away the interior and you have the soul."

Bump

Greatest arthouse qts?

Why so many French films about girls walking around town being le depressed?

>art house
youtube.com/watch?v=kswOS1YfmPM

Is The Comedy one of the greatest French House revivals?

Cause Europeans, the French especially, are attuned to a bandwidth of emotions Americans aren't prone to expressing. It's not better or worse, just different.

>art film
nice contradiction

Post the discord

Carina means qt in Italian so I'll go with Anna Karina, even though I've seen only Bande a Part like 10 years ago.

Definitely the scene with the piano. From the vivid movement of the camera while they sing a happy song to the pan on her face where slowly everything goes black behind her and she sings in such a heartbreaking way.

So this is what they meant by dumbing down culture

I've been watching Letter Never Sent but it's just beautifully shot propaganda. Shit movie. Why all the praise?

i never heard of any movies in this thread

What's the latest masterpiece you've seen that actually lived up to the hype?

>soyboy-core

>beautifully shot
you don't know anything about aesthetics

>buzzwords
retard-core

I'm the king of aesthetics.

The scene where they run ecstatically through the woods is one of the most beautifully shot scenes of all time.

I should probably get around to seeing an Agnes Varda film one of these days

nice comeback, reddit

What is a beauttifully shot movie for you, then?

You would like them, tranny.

You're really desperate. It's actually pretty funny

thanks

BRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAP

thanks

I watched Play yesterday. Some of the scenes didn't really make sense but it was overall an acidic and ballsy drama. Some truly mesmerizing sequences like when they make the kid try and do 100 push-ups.

>describing a visual scene is supposed to be intellectual commentary

what a knob

>nice comeback
Yeah, you sure showed me by dismissing a beautiful and complex film such as Tokyo Twilight with Sup Forums shibboleth.

Let's do this

No problemo Jorge :)

Here's another sloppy one

BrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

>beautiful and complex
typical brainlet response

>girrrrrrrl power
Who watches this shit??

>Piavoli
wannabe malick. fuck Sup Forums for meming this third world shitstain
>pseudcore

I'm sorry, I don't talk to underage trolls with a scant vocabulary who don't even belong in this thread in the first place. You can now stop replying to me and go put an end to your miserable excuse for a person.

>knob
enjoying the niggers?

the absolute state of Sup Forums

>scant
big word. 4 letters

>big word. 4 letters
no it isn't.

yeah we get it. you're from reddit. put a trip on, newfaggot

Anyone watch Three Monkeys? How does it compare to Anatolia and Winter Sleep?

Oh god, it's this dipshit again.

then i guess you don't have a big vocab

It's the same troll trying to derail any possible conversation for (You)s. Just ignore.

Scant is five letters.

graduation! :D

Watched my first Tsai Ming-liang film.

Did you know it's illegal to be a white supremacist in Canada?

*blocks your path*

>ao scott endorsement
DROPPED

Has anyone seen this? What did you think?

T.marvel/dc fanboy

>Hollywood Reporter
DROPPED

spics made movies?

well they can't read so

*slide whistle sound

You got caught out being a retard. Just leave.
>Scant is 4 letters

>it's not art if I don't like it
Found the literal retard

Please stop polluting the board with objectively wrong opinions.

>art

Literally every post you've made has been a string of buzzwords

It's Griffithfag, see He has to shitpost these threads but doesn't have the guts to come to the Discord because he knows he will be utterly destroyed.

shill your shit elsewhere faggot

>Griffithfag
I hate that guy. griffith is boring as shit

what discord?

Is there anyone you like bar Griffith, my guy?

a) I'm not in the Discord right now b) You're not getting me to post the link here

I really hope you kill yourself soon, autist.

better than posters of literal dogshit
and shitty waifufagging

fuck off you tryhard

Threads like this will never succeed because it's too general, you can't just say "post arthouse", at most you will get just autists screeching at each other who is a bigger pleb etc.

It's always better to just make a thread about a certain film if you want it to be discussed because there will be never any discussion in threads like these.

You have problems, kid.

be honest how much soy did you have today

How insecure are you?

Who was in the wrong here?

ebin soy meemee xd

name some good films pls, I'm trying to be educated

>ebin
upboat

Varda's Oscar speech was kino.

I haven't seen a single bad one. ok Lions Love. but that's it.

>I'm trying to be educated
go back to school, flunkie

everyone ITT, please come join us at /film/:
discord.gg/fBmRwNK

not as much as you

Great film. Not as good as those two but still pretty great. It's probably Ceylan's weakest overall though

>Great film. Not as good as those two but still pretty great.
This is why film will never be art. The audience isn't ready to analyze it :)

>analyze
nice lingo reddit. you gonna do an autopsy

only millenials use discord, no thank you