Heathers thread died, let's start another one

Heathers thread died, let's start another one.

Posting my favorite animatic to my favorite song: youtu.be/epFrO55qc1A

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tNeAXIFOY8Q
youtube.com/watch?v=mPoQ-EyiIJo
youtube.com/watch?v=CZMGVLar3pc
youtube.com/watch?v=84-9cHDnB78
youtube.com/watch?v=_2luXd8Zzjo
youtube.com/watch?v=Tw-NnrnAZvY
youtube.com/watch?v=AhiPiuAhWXE
youtube.com/watch?v=VLg2VvsFanE
youtube.com/watch?v=KmXVZKekN58
youtube.com/watch?v=7MEQ7KmpsBk
deadline.com/2014/02/elton-johns-rocket-pictures-plans-animated-take-on-joseph-and-the-amazing-techicolor-dreamcoat-677226/
youtube.com/watch?v=S5aDH2ZBxQc
youtube.com/watch?v=H9ip6uvkGHc
m.youtube.com/watch?v=CLUiz6ta4wg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is Heathers on Sup Forums gonna be a regular thing now?
Good
posting live version of personal favorite(s)
youtube.com/watch?v=tNeAXIFOY8Q

I think it's just regular musical posting now.

>you will never see the version where a trio of futa heathers sexually abuses Veronica to do their bidding

Does Dead Gay Son have an animatic yet?

That's certainly an interesting wish user

Pay someone to draw it.

I would but I don't do NSFW stuff.

>not wanting normal heathers sexually abusing a futa veronica to do their bidding

You and I will never be friends.

It's basically just Musical General at this point, but discussion about animatics keeps it Sup Forums, which is good because for some reason Sup Forums is the only board that seems to want to actually discuss musicals.

But you aren't even using the dicks to penetrate user, why would you give the girls dicks if they can't penetrate

You're not even thinking of the long term. A futa veronica is more willing to do their bidding if she needs to cum. It's not that hard.

youtube.com/watch?v=mPoQ-EyiIJo
I'm not sure if this is actually supposed to be JD but I like the artstyle

Lifeboat's my favorite. It's nice to see people here talking about this play, although unexpected.

Yeah I've been on a musical kick recently so these thread have been really fun

Lifeboat is fucking great, but most of the soundtrack is also fantastic.

I started the first thread a couple days ago, and it kind of took off from there. If I'm honest, I'm kind of proud I started a small thing here.

Best song imo

GOD TIER
>Meant to Be Yours
>Candy Store
>Dead Girl Walking

GREAT TIER
>Blue
>Lifeboat
>Our Love is God
>Beautiful
>My Dead Gay Son

GOOD TIER
>Seventeen
>Me Inside of Me
>Shine A Light
>Big Fun

OKAY TIER
>Freeze Your Brain
>Fight For Me
>I Am Damaged
>Yo Girl
>Kindergarten Boyfriend

>I Am Damaged
>Not in GREAT tier

I'd bump Shine a Lightto great and Kindergarten Boyfriend to Good but otherwise I Agree

I agree with this 100%.

It was great as a culmination of JD's character arc and as a callback to Our Love is God but as a song I feel that it wasn't anything special.

>Yo Girl
>Okay

>No Shine reprise

I'm happy you did I've trying to find a way to discuss musicals and the like on here but couldn't figure out how to go about it

Same, actually.

Been looking for an excuse to make a musical thread on any board for like four years now. It really just doesn't fit anywhere where anyone would talk about it.

Art is clearly sort of iffy but I like the expressions
youtube.com/watch?v=CZMGVLar3pc

Are you really using youtube animatics as crutch to talk about this on Sup Forums? Isn't there a thread were you can really let loose with this shit?

Sup Forums is far too hipster too like musicals, not enough drone ska, and Sup Forums wouldn't be able to stop memeing, makes sense to me. So I guess we can discuss Heathers, Turn Off the Dark, and Fun Home? Neat

JD looks like a lesbian

>Fun Home was uploaded to Youtube
>always meant to watch it
>was taken down before I could
God fucking damn it.

I ended up watching the cam copy that's on youtube twice.
I can't get the songs out of my head since last thread.
Damn you guys.

It's better than the one where Veronica looks like a tranny
she's still pretty adorable in it though

Just freeze your brain friend.

This things just an earworm delivery machine damn

Thread #3

My greatest desire is to make Galactibun notice us and freak out that we're not using her preferred pronouns.

>that stagey acting
God, the camera does not do her favors.

>Whine All Night
I have nightmares about Kiwi Farms singing this to me. Okay, they don't sing in them, but you get the idea.

Exactly, he's a femboi.
In highschool/college, varsity athletes take half the girls and fembois take the other half, at least if you're at undergrad (maybe that's just Trinity, dunno)

I actually kind of hope she sees us, too.

Then again, she's 14, I don't want her to have a full on breakdown like that book bitch did. I mean, let's be honest, half the fucking people doing this pronoun shit will grow out of it in like a year or two.

youtube.com/watch?v=84-9cHDnB78
What do you people think about Next To Normal? personally I really like this song and I Am The One (Reprise) but that's about it

That's somewhat worrisome user

IMMIGRANTS

W
E

G
E
T

T
H
E

J
O
B

D
O
N
E

How can Drumpf recover from this??

I'm glad you think so. This is the only site where I can openly talk about my crippling fear of public shaming without then being publicly shamed, and I'm used to being told I deserve to be publicly shamed when I bring it up.

Feel like they got a different singer for Chandler in the studio version of the songs? The cam copy doesn't have that accent.

I can relate (kinda) I have really bad anxiety and it makes it hard to enjoy things

Oh man the Galactibun ride is so good, i've watched these over and over

youtube.com/watch?v=_2luXd8Zzjo
youtube.com/watch?v=Tw-NnrnAZvY
youtube.com/watch?v=AhiPiuAhWXE

As far as I know most of the people in that cam rip are understudies.

The ones I know for sure are understudies are the JD actor and Chandler's actress.

I like the girl on the soundtrack way more, but the understudy actually makes her sound like a teenage girl, and sounds like Chandler from the movie, which is also good, too.

I just straight up prefer JD's understudy.

>Jeff Wayne's musical version of The War of The Worlds will never have an animated version
>We will never get to see the valiant Thunderchild racing towards what the whole crew knows is certain death, cutting down a fighting machine and even intimidating the others before slowly disappearing into defiled graves and waves, having bought just enough time for the steamer to escape

It's Charissa Hogeland who's the understudy (who's in the cam footage)

Same here but mine's worse. I have actually tried to hunt down the play. Just watched 25 min of it.

Not bad actually.

Dan Domenech is definitely the better JD captures the character much better. Especially in Meant To Be Yours

>Looks exactly like one of my OCs
>It's time to redesign again
I guess it's my own damn fault for not starting already.

Hamilton's portrayal of Jefferson will always Trigger me

It's a cute as fuck design, user, and it's only in the one video.

Go for it, man. Post pictures of her.

>mfw watched this last night
>mfw I couldn't sleep at all because i was awake thinking about what I just watched

You know something is good when you can't sleep because you are too deep in thought about life and what the fuck you just watched
It's a feeling I rarely get, but by god Heathers gave me this feeling

maybe one day I won't be a coward and do it but for now no sorry

Hey man, just don't keep redesigning because it's similar to something else, ok?

You can point at any character in fiction and compare it to any other. There's only so many design choices you can do, you know? Don't let it get you down.

Follow your dreams, bro.

Don't worry, I've been there too
I can post my shit on Sup Forums now and not care nowadays, but I know how you feel
Post when you feel like you want to, don't force it unless you feel like you need to force yourself

Ah I'll keep her similar enough.

thanks i will

I'm glad you did too. There's only so long you can talk about musicals with people irl before they get bored. Most of the people I know haven't even seen it

Fail faster user
Your first webcomic will not be the perfect masterpiece you want it to be, the faster you get it out the faster you can fail and improve upon your failures.

This.

If we can't redpill GalactiBun, we need to at least find a way to introduce her to more musicals. Seeing her do Assassins would be fun.

So is this a Heathers thread or just a general musical thread?

Also, what musicals would you love to see get an animated adaptation, and what specific little things would you like added to the animation?

Literally any musical would be GOAT if it were animated.

I really don't know why the genres don't mix more often.

I kept seeing that pic as a recommended video and the artstyle turned me off from watching it in full. She's pretty talented but her style's a bit much to look at

Another one of these? Why do I keep seeing this shit with like 20 posters in each thread?

You get some but it's sort of rare for it to be any good.
Usually you get original musicals for animation but rarely do you get any adaptations.

I wasn't a big fan of this one, it's too sketchy, cutesy, and not anatomically correct for me to enjoy; but, to each his own.

Because Sup Forums secretly fucking yearns to talk about musicals at any given time. It's why we cream ourselves over good villain songs and are the only fucking board with a god damned album of recommended songs.

We're all musical fags at heart with no forum or board to really talk about this shit, so when something like this comes along we jump on it.

Jesus Christ Superstar, where the whole idea from the 1973 movie of it being somewhat modern with the guns and tanks is still around.

Found out about these animatics from one of these threads

Hard to put my finger on what makes me like these so much beyond good musical numbers and some cute enough art. Maybe that's all you need. It also got me to finally get around to watching Heathers since it has been gathering dust on my backlog. Had I known that Winona Ryder was Veronica I would've watched it ages ago.

Good movie. Good shorts. Good threads.

I hate repetition, especially when songs are played on repeat and yet I can't stop listening to the Heathers soundtrack after hearing it for the first time a few days ago.

It's primarily a Heathers thread, but it's also a revival of the general musical threads we used to have. We used Spider-Man and Hunchback as springboards.

Because animation is for kids, user!!

Just saying, I too am a musical faggotron lurking these threads. Thanks for turning me on to Heather's, Sup Forums.

I like her Candy Store animatic, it's cleaner than her other work imo

youtube.com/watch?v=VLg2VvsFanE

>Freeze your brain not in Great tier
>Blue is

This, musicals and animation were pretty much made for each other, but outside of Disney no one tries to cash in on it unfortunately.

Like that other user said, most the general movie going audience still thinks animation is only for kids, and that musicals are for old women.

"Fight for Me" is a simple song but I adore the part where Veronica sings "damn" in that dreamy tone.

Animation and puppets work well for musicals because audiences are more likely to accept people bursting into song in naturally surrealist mediums. This is why musicals have trouble transitioning from stage to screen, because believing that you're not watching a play already takes way more suspension of belief than believing that the movie you're watching isn't a recording of actual events.

I think if a hand-drawn animated musical based on a Broadway show were made and given a wide release, it would simultaneously revive hand-drawn animation and adult-oriented animation. There's no way something with the marquee value of a Broadway show wouldn't attract an audience. Then again, I thought Sausage Party would revive adult-oriented animation, and I'm still waiting for The Goon to be greenlit.

I had to scourge my favorites for this one. I like the art more than others
youtube.com/watch?v=KmXVZKekN58

Where can watch the Heathers musical in decent quality? The one's i've found are pretty bad

I feel like Armond White.

GOD TIER
>Meant To Be Yours
>Blue
>Me Inside of Me

GREAT TIER
>Freeze Your Brain
>My Dead Gay Son
>Our Love is God

GOOD TIER:
>Beautiful
>Candy Store
>Dead Girl Walking

OKAY TIER:
>Seventeen
>Yo Girl
>I Am Damaged
>Lifeboat

BAD TIER:
>Fight For Me
>Big Fun
>Kindergarten Boyfriend

We need to set up a torrent.

We also need to set up a Twitter campaign to make the Heathers producers know that if there's a movie, we want it to be animated.

It would be a massive risk, and a lot of companies prefer to play it safe. Unless we could get an animated version of The Heathers or Jesus Christ Superstar or whatever completely privately funded (kinda like what Laika does) chances are it's never gonna happen.

Book of Mormon time.
youtube.com/watch?v=7MEQ7KmpsBk

This almost happened.
deadline.com/2014/02/elton-johns-rocket-pictures-plans-animated-take-on-joseph-and-the-amazing-techicolor-dreamcoat-677226/

youtube.com/watch?v=S5aDH2ZBxQc
Found the best Lifeboat animatic

Why isn't the whole album on Spotify? : ,,,,(

Good question.

>Blue in god tier
I'm not even going to read the rest of your post

Is it bad that I want to design the bellimic Heather a bit overweight as a mean joke?

I haven't seen that one before, nice pick.

probably

I couldn't get it out of my head.

>tfw someone recommended you check out a Czech musical called Dracula (The one with Daniel Hůlka and Lucie Bílá)
>tfw your Czech is rusty as fuck and you can't find English subs anywhere

Anyone know how to get the Damn thing on Spotify? I love me some Candy Store and Dead Girl Walking. But, Meant To be Yours Isn't on there.....the fuck?

This one isn't serious but it gave me a good laugh
youtube.com/watch?v=H9ip6uvkGHc

I found a Star vs Evil one for The Count of Monte something.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=CLUiz6ta4wg

Lmfso yesssss