She shoulda stayed mute

she shoulda stayed mute

she shoulda stayed en espanol

reciting the speech from the western was stupid

logan thread

I don't agree with you

saw it today, having a relative who had Alzheimer's. Patrick Stewart Really delivered on that role and hit fucking home.....

So baisclly the more DC and less marvel xmen movies are the better it is
Also the no colorful costume policy actually does work

Could someone give me a quick rundown of the first fifteen minutes or so? I was a bit late getting over to the theater.

Robert?

Logan works as a driver for hire. He kills some cholos trying to steal his wheels (literally the wheel) and gets stalked by Laura's nurse. Also Xavier introduction hinting that Logan and he killed the X-Men

I hope they wait at least 5 years before they try to make a solo movie for her.

it wasn't me

how old was she during filming? 10? 11? who knows how the actress will grow up, but if anyone's gonna be teenage/adult laura, it should be her

There was way too many little kids for an R movie when I watched it

Logans life sucks but at leadt he still hets to see titties every once in a while.

Laura was cute!!!!!
C U T E ! ! ! !

They'd be scarred or sleepy that's for sure.

Go fuck yourself OP maybe you will dislodge that stick.

I noticed that the girl next to me covered her eyes during the fight scene at the farm

not for sexual

Her file said 132 months so 11.

>not liking westerns

you have to be 18 to post here

Some user in the premiere threads mentioned finding a kid crying during all the fighting while his father consoled him saying "It's alright, it's alright."

and someone decided to bring their baby so it was crying off and on during the entire movie

qt 3.14

Cuteness ainĀ“t equal for lewd.

there's liking westerns and then there's having a kid actor trying and failing to deliver the same lines with any sort of dramatic intent

laura shoulda just made the x in silence and fucking walked off

fooken hell that's worse than a kid. I think I've only had like three of those in my lifetime of cinema experiences.

it never once hints that Logan did anything to the X-men.

it gives multiple hints that Charles had a major seizure possibly while hooked up to Cerebro, this plus whatever shit the Doc hints at doing to fuck the Mutant population, was the cause.

the movie has alot of vagueness, though.also its weird they gave a set year, since in X-men 1 its just " the near future"

this is so they could make ones set in the actual past without people pointing out age descripencies, however it still fucks it all up.

for one, Charles would be 90+ in this movie since we know he was 20+ in the 50's.

another big one is fucking Magneto, who if we guesstimate, was somehow fucking 120 by the time of just after X-men 3, seeing as he was 12 years old in fucking WW2.

also if Scott and Jean are late teens in the 80's they'd be 50+ years old by X-men 3 ish.

Favorite scene was her riding the pony with a 1000 yard stare, then when it stopped she wanted to murder it

x-23 in a normal setting would've been one of those girls who likes horses WAY too much

There's only one hint which was "What did you do?". Alternately "Why won't you tell me what happened?" which early on some viewers are led to believe that Logan may have had something to do, which was debunked right after Vegas.

I disagree

I enjoyed it and thought she delivered the lines with conviction while not talking like an adult would

I thought her making the cross an x was a little on the nose, though I did like it

they further fuck this up in X-men Apocalypse by having Macklemore still play Charles, looking less than fucking 30 while Cyclops and Jean are 18ish.

we are supposed to believe he'll look exactly like fucking Patrick Stewert in just TEN YEARS FROM THAT MOVIE? same with fucking Magneto? really? he's going to go from 25 looking to GANDALF?

I think it makes a lot of sense since she had the comics as her main reference material.

>Laura playing with little unicorn pony toys
>"Aww, that's so cute." says her caretakers
>She's actually enacting them as rhino-warriors stabbing their enemies and what-not.

And yet it still did better than most DC movies. Really makes ya think

Let's hope Scarjo plays the part instead

>Charles would be 90+ in this movie
He specifically says that he's a nonagenarian, meaning he is more than 90 years old. They fucking spelt it out.

Anyone else notice the pro spic Mexican propaganda vibe?

except no one looks like that at 90+.

no one.

X-men has always had underlying nods to actual oppressed groups.

its the very concept they were based on.

Yeah, the makeup guys did what they could, but that's kinda beside the point. It's not "fridge logic" or some shit that Xavier is over 90 in the movie, you don't have to calculate it, and it doesn't really conflict with anything else. They tell you to your face that he is more than 90 years old.

Is this confirmed?

It's the X-Men. They've been a hamfisted allegory for minorities for half a goddamn century.

His exact words were, "I'm fucking 90".

sure, in this movie it doesn't, however, in Apocalypse, his young appearence/age fucks everything up, Scott and Jean shouldn't look just 10 years younger than him.

Are you 12? Yes, dipshit.

oh it totally makes sense

it just was a bit too much for me, personally is all. I still liked it, it just for some reason took me out of the moment a little bit

different strokes and all that

Yes

I'm fucking blind. For a second I thought X 24 was Sabertooth when in fact Jackman played both him and wolverine.

holy fuck, I actually am surprised someone can be this new

Is it the same actor?

yes.

yes credits confirmed Huge Jack Man played both parts

Then yeah, that's their fault. Even though it was probably a different timeline we had sabertooth bitching about how he wanted the Snikt treatment and the general said he wasn't ready a few movies back

that would've actually made the movie great. surprise sabretooth

I did too, I'm glad I'm not alone

Me too. I thought the haircut was Sabertooth.

Anyone else went "oh nigga you fucked up" when charles accepted that family's invitation? on the other hand, he just wanted a comfy family time after who knows how many years.

No only sjws thinks that way

> jack claims he is through playing Wolverine
> now we comes back as sabertooth

weirdly, the movie states that the bad thing charles did that killed mutants happend just 1 year ago.

Meant to say days, my bad.

Not so much, you figured where it was heading but it lead to us figuring out about corn Corp and how they control the food supply which is later a possible hint and to what was used to poison the xmen. I enjoyed the dad's dying moments. I don't think he pulled the trigger cause he thought logan was a monster but Because logan brought this on his family

the second charles was like "help get the horses" i was thinking oh fuck they're all gonna die

that invitation to dinner was just the nail in the coffin

the subplot about corn was kinda weird, but i guess it fleshed out the kind of world this was taking part in.

in a worse movie, the final battle would've taken place on top one of the giant corn harvesters

Nah she'd just want to suck the BHC.

I immediately realized that something horrible would happen but i still wished it didnt.
> I don't think he pulled the trigger cause he thought logan was a monster but Because logan brought this on his family
same

It felt that those McAvoy were like a different universe because Xavier talks about something that happened at the statue of Liberty years ago and that was X-men 1, which in the McAvoy movies was debunked as never happened.

That fucking piano banging during the car chase scene was offputting as fuck, still a 10/10 movie, or at least very close.

when they're at logan's compound and escape on the other side of the choo choo?

i don't recall a piano playing

I think user was having a stroke

not the same person, but I went to a Dolby surround sound theater and it sorta stuck out to me during that scene as well

But I want to chalk that up to the weird sound setting I watched it in and the mixing itself not being specifically for a theater like I was in

It's more dramatic when you think of the intent behind it; She had never seen a funeral until she saw the western. When people died at the lab, they just vanished. That moment was meant to be the prayer or sermon for the funeral, because she knows literally nothing else about them. Pretty fucking on point.

>the subplot about corn was kinda weird
The one part of the movie I zoned out on, didn't it tie-in with how the government was putting chemicals in the food and water to suppress/destroy the x-gene?

it was part of this weird anti-corporation late capitalism critique that kept popping up at the movie's edges

there were a LOT of scenes of logan waking up

like enough that it became conspicuous

guy fucking falls asleep and wakes up in eden what feels like five times

Maybe that was it, there was something really off and sharp about the music in the background of the scene. Was thinking they were trying to do something avant garde and chaotic, but could have just been bad audio settings.

It tied in but was never explicitly given as the reason. The bad doctor said food was the easiest method of spreading the virus for global eradication of muties

Also a call out to Old Man Logan, where Wolvie and his family are Sacramento dirt farmers.

Aren't the people selling tickets supposed to say "by the way, this is an R-rated film" when they see kids there with their parents?

Naw. Saw some guy use Dad logic on sausage party with it being cgi when asking his kid what he wanted to see and the clerk didn't say shit. I just smiled

Because he's been living like he still has his healing factor at max-strength. Not only is he dying and going blind from adamantium poisoning, he's still going by his non-existent sleeping habits when he can't afford to.

>Figured the scene at the end would be Logan going completely fucking Berserk and killing everyone without issue before the drug killed him
>That only lasted like half a minute before he became a stumbling, pitiful mess who could barely walk, let alone fight, but still did everything he could to save the kids
Fuck mang, that whole ending was a massive feels trip

I will never be able to think of Laura in a sexual way after this movie.

> Fat kid with the doll

Why do people do that? Seriously, get a fucking sitter or stay home.

Only watched one trailer. Didn't expect Xavier's situation to be so fucked up and sad. Kudos to Patrick Stewart . Gonna miss that duo.

Did you not see her riding that horse?!

Of course there's fanart already, why did I think otherwise.

It's pretty good, though, I like it.

>laura will never make logan give her horsey rides, getting him to run faster with foot claws to the stomach
>logan will never make laura a traditional canadian breakfast of pancakes and beer
>laura, logan, and grandpa chuck will never go on another road trip again

Was I supposed to remember who Caliphan was? Was he in X2 or X3?

She killed that Fisherman and his dog you know

>this is the most perfect night...
Right then I knew he was as good as dead.

>we are supposed to believe he'll look exactly like fucking Patrick Stewert in just TEN YEARS FROM THAT MOVIE?

To be fair Patrick Stewart pretty much has looked the same since the mid 80's.

what you mean user? I can't remember such a scene

So since the end game of the kids was to flee into Canada would it make sense for Laura to show up in future Deadpool movies, given that the teaser was heavily marketing Logan as well?

I knew something bad was gonna happen but I thought it'd just be the mercenaries tearing up that families farm to draw Logan out. Maybe the Dad taking a bullet in the crossfire.

Didn't expect the kid to get cut up, Jesus.

Depends on the timeline.

little girls grow up

>bringing your baby to the cinema
This I'll never understand.

They can't comprehend the screen and are easily scared by loud noises.

Surely if you're young parents, you're going to the cinema to get a break from your kid.

G A Y F R O G S