Why does Disney seem to deliberately put all their good shows on XD instead of the flagship channel? I don't get it

Why does Disney seem to deliberately put all their good shows on XD instead of the flagship channel? I don't get it.

So they can throw bombs at you and cancel them. Live-action shows get renewed of course.

They can't waste their timeslots for animated shows and would rather air live action bullshit.

They really don't care. Hell, they cancelled Motorcity and Tron once they had the Star Wars IP, so good content doesn't really matter to them all that much anyways.

Because they're trying to pull people to contract the package and get more revenue.
It doesn't work

>Star Vs and Atomic Puppet cannot get their decent amount of views and great ratings because of shitty execs and poor choices
>Other great shows were cancelled this way

Because apparently throwing animated shows to a channel no one wants to pay for is a great idea. Seriously, if fucking Nickelodeon is still going strong with airing shitcoms and cartoons simultaneously, why can't Disney Channel? Cartoons are what made the channel and the fucking company strong in the first place.

Its so they can get more of that Hanna Montana money

I thought Star vs is a popular show.
Didn't that show get renewed for season 4?

>mfw they're rerunning their old sitcoms outside of dead hours now

>XD

get the fuck out reddit

It pulls a lot of it's viewership from the DisneyXD app and cable company on demand players (tv/mobile/etc.).

It's a popular show viewership wise, but not necessarily based off the channel viewership.

Star vs has 4 seasons confirmed which is the max a Disney cartoon gets so it's pretty much safe.

Everything else though, wew

At least it's somewhat consistent. I think Disney is trying to build a legitimate second channel in Disney XD (like what ESPN 2 is to ESPN), that's more friendly towards animation. Disney Channel seems to have gone full in on sitcoms so at least they're trying to build a home for their cartoons, opposed to making them fight with their live action shows.

this. disney xd is literally toon disney now

They need space for put more shitty live actions in flagship channel.

But wasn't it originally toon disney

>XD
fuck off fag

>XD
Die tumblr shit

Hilarious and original.

Live action is cheaper so they make more money this way

Making XD distinct and putting a lot of good stuff on it makes i more appealing to get and watch which makes them more money

because television ratings have become close to worthless now and the new measure of success has become streaming.

this is actually a normal tactic.

when always sunny in phildelphia moved to FX2 it wasn't because they were trying to kill it, it was because they wanted something strong to convince viewers to watch the new channel.

whenever disney creates a strong animated show it tends to start on disney channel than move to disney XD in the hopes that people will follow it.

you have to remember that shows dont die just because they go to disney XD. disney is well off enough that they only care about the long term profits, and most of their advertising is in house, meant to drive people towards their movies, their theme parks, and their toys. they're cutting out the middle man. they know nothing they release on XD will become seriously profitable since XD is still a niche channel, so what they're more worried about is drawing in whatever audience they can, even if they lose money on the production.

the only reason gravity falls got cancelled after it moved to disney XD was that the creator wanted to end it.

since disney itself has become the home of live action family shows they're moving more kid oriented cartoon content to XD. give it anohter ten to twenty years and disney XD will be known for its popularity among cartoon enthusiasts.

anyone know why XD came about instead of toon disney?

yeah that's the point. people say it was ruined by XD but now it's come full circle it seems

hannah montana's been dead for years

Streaming has become the new standard of judging show popularity since most people don't bother to sit in front of a television at a designated time anymore plus most people simply don't want to buy cable, that's why networks like HBO and Showtime have started to offer their channel as an app package you can pay a flat fee for instead of having to saddle yourself with cable.

>anyone know why XD came about instead of toon disney
Rebrand? XD and TD have pretty different feels to them. A company like Disney knows it has to stay fresh, so a change every once in a while isn't a bad thing.

>since disney itself has become the home of live action family shows they're moving more kid oriented cartoon content to XD. give it anohter ten to twenty years and disney XD will be known for its popularity among cartoon enthusiasts

Yeah, I generally agree. Though, I think it can be competitive in less time than that. Depending on how it makes it's channel available, and if they keep producing quality content, they can cut into networks like Nick and CN. Shows like GF and SVTFOE already are giving the other channels some competition in fan support, so if they play their cards right, they can surpass them.

thats just a worst case scenario, i mean its building up a lot of good content so its a matter of time, but 15 years it will be just as well known as disney channel i think.

if they follow the GF route and give creators more control especially in length of story, it coudl lead to soem seriously good shit.

Good content never mattered to any network.

Except maybe PBS.

That channel is for boys, regular Disney is for girls.

do you still think Dog With a Blog is marketed towards girls after the insurgency arc?

Okay, girls and young children too stupid to know better.