If you were designing a Trickster/Thief character what powers would you include

If you were designing a Trickster/Thief character what powers would you include.

>Invisibility
>Teleportation

Help me out Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/33660810/#p33666661
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What kind of character? Protagonist, antagonist, god figure? Teleportation is really, really good, I played a game of V:tM as a teleporting art thief, lots of fun.
I'd go for illusions or fate manipulation.

Thank you!
Yeah he is going to be the antagonist, not like grim dark but more asshole thief.
Basically a troll.

The ability to turn things into the shape of an orange, call him the clementiner, he has a fake tan and perfect teeth.

Go for illusions. Also read this, it might give you a few ideas. suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/33660810/#p33666661

I'd vote for disguising / shapeshifting, A mix of the three / just the ability to play any of the other characters for "trolly" reasons would be perfect.

>Arm stretching
>Smoke teleportation/Smoke fields
>Hallucination

A trickster shouldn't have a whole suite of powers IMO, but rather one thing that they use exceptionally well.

I would suggest the ability to swap anything he's holding with anything anyone else is holding. Give it no size or weight limit if you feel that's underpowered.

kek

Sweet thanks! Love 40k

Shapeshifting, i love it

I like the Hallucination idea.

Weight manipulation.

He can make a huge sack of gold so light it floats around like an air balloon or sheet of paper, or make a coin on the ground impossible to lift.

you can be far more imaginative with this one.

When you say illusions are talking kinda like King Chimera level illusions?

Just take Chimerstry from Vampire: the Masquerade and adapt it. If done right, it can be quite powerful. Use it for little things, like interiors in which this character appears. If it's his place, have him make it more fancy.

Trickster doesn't have powers, he just wants people to think he does.

Okay thanks for the refrence

Okay thanks Sup Forums what origin should I make this guy alien/elf. I was thinking of god but then he would look too much like loki. Interdimensonal being would be too much like mr mxyzptlk.

The setting is modern day. He will be the antagonist to a superman level protagonist so one of his powers will be being incredibly tough so he doesn't die.

A trickster shouldn't have a set ability list. Instead it should be something approximating the toonforce, a nonsensical ability to do whatever they want, however they want. It's not very interesting if you know the trickster is only capable of one to three particular things

The only exception to this is incredibly well written characters or not knowing the trickster is involved in the first place. For example, the best Mysterio plots involve his target having no clue Mysterio is even around. As soon as you know an illusionist is in the vicinity, shit falls apart really quick unless excellent writing is there to back it up.

I know the picture is probably just for reference, but please don't design a character with a passive, a dash, a three hit ability, and an "ultimate"

The ability to change faces
Not the same as shapeshifting, I mean randomly changing faces like masks
This isn't really efficient in battle, but can be used for intimidation

He was already a high level class art/museum thief, someone on Catwomans level, when he stole a thing that turned out to be an artifact and gave him powers.

Either an object he has to wear/hold or something that gave him permanent powers.

Maybe something related to a trickster god, like Loki, Hermes, Anasi or Coyote. Maybe something owned/made by a fairytale thief like Reynard, Jack, or the Puss from Puss in Boots. Maybe an object used by a famous thief, like Vincezo Pipino or Frank Abnagale.

>Invisibility
>Teleportation
>Illusions
>Telepathy
>Telekinesis
>Shape-shifting
>Clairvoyance
>Dream-Travel/Control
>Astral Projection
>Emotion Control
>Mind-Control
>Animal Empathy/Control
>Magic

Trickster or thief? Tricksters need a few cliche power to trick people, but a thief, you can do something like Gambit, were his powers have little to do with thieving but he's just so skilled he's still one of the greatest thieves around.

Sleeper from the Wildcard books. Sleeps once a few months, wakes up with a new set of powers, figures out how to apply them to make a quick buck stealing shit.

control over soap bubbles

>forgetting time stop

Illusory duplicates
Inducing Hallucinations

Puppetry of shadows or people

haha, don't worry I won't

He is going to start out as a thief, basically he comes to this planet from (haven't decided where yet) and so he wants to make it big and he robs a bank.

The hero stops him and humiliates him. The antagonist swears to make the hero's life a living hell and then he becomes a trickster. He stalks the hero, messes things up for him like dates, jobs, and routinely tries to kill him subtly. Or also harass the hero's loved ones like how Venom was first introduced.

Just make them really lucky

Go the Spring-Heeled Jack route and make him very nimble. Leaping buildings and shit like that.