BEBE'S KIDS

BEBE'S KIDS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lihimTMXT64
youtube.com/watch?v=QPgEi-6-L1g
youtube.com/watch?v=2zbX2X2aZ2I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Classic Nostalgia Critic. Dude sucks now.

Its Animation

Is it time to scream at the camera?

yes

That comes later. Right now it's time to play with the prop gun, followed by a skit.

But i want to see Doug strawman with himself with makeover

I want to see Doug hit on a girl in a skit

MELVIN, MELVIN

> chris chan & DSP will probably be gone either by the end of the year or the next

> doug & his cronies are still around

HOW DOES HE DO IT?!

What happen to Chris chan?

>most of the Matrix review is NC arguing with himself to prove himself right

we're not doing the supervillain shuffle

>Youtube videos with themesongs and eyecatchs

Who accepts this shit? How is everyone except Brad still relevant?

He started during a time when online character hosted reviews were a new thing, and has since then amassed a loyal braindead fanbase. Some of them grew out of it, because they just didn't know better, others are still watching him, because they're genuinely retarded. The latter still shills NC as being good because "he was there from the start, so he must be good, right?", and the new generation of clueless kids and retards buy into it. If he had come out today, I really doubt he'd be half as big.

what is relevant now?

>only good thing to come out of Demo Reel was Brad's april fools parody of it
>it's gone forever because blip is dead and he's too lazy to reupload most of his old videos

PewDiePie (probably on his way out), and Markiplier.

>not liking bebe's kids
Why?

HMMMMM, are you guys making fun of ChannelAwesome in here?!

Nothing, user is misinformed fuck like several others that still think that the taint that Chirs made was going to going to kill him since last year, he is already fine from that

Pretty much the only reason some of the dinosaurs of internet media exist is because they were the first of their kind. Order of the Stick is trash, but it has a following still because it was about the first major webcomic to do tabletop nerd shit. Nostalgia Critic is literally just AVGN but about movies and TV instead of video games.

NASTY COCK SLUT

Reminder
He once called Robocop vs The Terminator a rip off of the Matrix, even if RvsT was like 5 years before the Matrix movies

Nah, James isn't a pathetic autist married to a literal landwhale. He's actually pretty cool.
Also, classic AVGN still holds up, and even in his newer bad AVGN videos he tries to do new stuff.

As far as the "formula" of is concerned, Walker absolutely patterned himself after after AVGN:

Acerbic, caustic attitude

Loud, high-energy tantrums

Long, swear-y diatribes

Nerd attire

Even if AVGN is better (which I'd agree with), NC was obviously an attempt to cash in on some knock-on fame.

I hate his skits but I like his reviews

Back to the pits of Hell, you Minnesotan abomination!!

taint or no taint chris doesn't exactly lead a very healthy lifestyle and it won't get any better once him & his mom are out on the streets

I've been out of the game for a minute, but what are the old NC crew up to these days? As far as I know:

Doug - Still does vids, still holding on to a smidge of a fanbase enough to make a living

Lindsay - Does vids, but I think she has a day job or something?

Linkara - Still does vids, don't think he's making a living at it any more?

Spoony - went full nuts and pretty much leeches off his live-in girlfriend now?

It's the insufferable """comedy""" sketches with his lame-ass friends that ruin everything. If it was just NC ranting about an old movie or TV show in front of a white wall like it used to be it'd be tolerable but the shitty forced narratives and sketches always ruin the mood and make the videos last longer than they should.

>Lindsay - Does vids, but I think she has a day job or something?
She has like, a patreon and does video essays now. They're really good.

>patterned himself after after AVGN

not really

>AVGN
>this game fucking sucks! what were they thinking?
>40 seconds of comparing the game to a diarrhoea
>skits are a part of the review

>NC
>this movie tortured me and caused me to have an emotional trauma
>40 seconds of screaming and shooting a toy gun
>the review stops completely until the skit is done

Sounds about right. Is Angry Joe still affiliated with them?

it's animation!

>everything should be like it was back then waaa

He just really is over ambitious, he tries really hard to make a big production out of things but he doesn't have the know how or fines to do it even in the slightest.....

You can TRY to do sketches, but what's the point if you never do it well? He has no sense of comedic timing and every joke he has he drags out till what was once possibly acceptable is now just unbearable, I've literally had to skip ahead of JOKES in his videos....not even talking long winded sketches, just "oh, here's a punchline...what, he's really gonna keep milking it for 20 more seconds? Fast forward back to the review..."

I'll admit, I was actually surprised by his Cool World review.

I went into it a little afraid that he wasn't aware of the film's disastrous production, but he thankfully was and actually went into detail about it. The skits were still kind of annoying though.

Watch this

youtube.com/watch?v=lihimTMXT64

>the second best episode of BTAS

yeah I mean everybody knows that Dreams In Darkness is actually the second bestafter Perchance To Dream

>ghost dad review
>"pulling shit out of your ass to explain things is stupid, don't do that"
>"hey, remember that pulling shit out of your ass to explain things is stupid? don't do that"
>"man, pulling shit out of your ass to explain things is stupid, you really shouldn't do that"
>cue 4 skits
>the punchline to every skit in the review is, wait for it: "pulling shit out of your ass to explain things is stupid, don't do that"
>and the ending to the review: "i was pulling shit out of my ass to explain things just like this movie did! isn't that clever? har har har"

Iconic weapon, iconic hat. Doug from the Internet is where it's at.

N-N-New World Order! Mess with one, you mess with them all,

Say it with me:

YEAR OF THE SPOONY

Fuck off Doug, your skits aren't funny.

Is Jim going to make a video about them now?

I feel like dreams in darkness doesn't get enough appreciation on this board

ppphaha! We'll be lucky if we even get two reviews.

Does that lazy shit even stream anymore?

Angry Joe still does crossover reviews with Doug but they're really rare. Mostly DC related stuff, like Man of Steel and BvS.

I swear I must have some psychic abilities or whatever because I was literally JUST thinking of the Nostalgia Critic's Bebe's Kids review this morning, specifically his face and the tone of his voice when he said "BEBE'S KIDS" at the start of the review.

Then I go on Sup Forums and see this thread.

i wonder how tender all those """journalists""" were feeling when the new ghostbuster did bomb?

nobody understood its genius. fucking cis scum. why do we let them live on our land again?

WE DON"T DIE, WE M-M-M-MULTIPLY

2016 wasn't a very good year for Doug
The only videos of him that I genuinely thought were good were Phantom of the Opera, the Commercials one and more of less Rockey and Bullwinkle, maybe some top videos.

The rest was very disappointing

Lady In The Well or some other shit by Shymalamemer - he killed the review when he was trying too hard to make the viewer laugh at that "stupid part" with a box of cereal. This was cringe, as he clearly was faking dat laught.

BvS - quite possibly the biggest disappointment. Remember his MoS reviews? How that was actually a detailed analysis, and his longest review to date (almost an hour)? Wasn't this only natural to expect that a review of BvS would be at least just a long and give us another detailed analysis? But no, instead he just made a bunch of skits with him and his friends cosplaying DCEU characters, with generalizations instead of actual criticisms. Oh well, a disappointing review for a disappointing flick.

Top 11 Disney Conspiracies - why THE FUCK did he even make this one? I thought conspiracy theories are bottom dwellers bread. 99% of them are stupid, nonsensical, overanalyzing shit. And then Doug, one of the first big movie reviewers on the internet, suddenly makes a vid about this shit where he pretends that he actually gives a fuck.

Tentacolino - another big disappointment. It had a some good jokes, but mostly Doug was just saying how everything was stupid and shit and stupid. What killed me is when he seriously criticized the villain's motivation of attacking the boat because it was yellow. Yeah, that's stupid, but instead of simply saying that, he made an entire fucking hyperbolizing joke out of it, even though the point was obvious to begin with. It's almost like he tried to fill in the time. A real shame, since his old Titanic animated movies reviews are some of his finest.

Doug really is growing old and tired of this shit.

So with the only 2D animated movie coming out involving that fucking horse show.

Will he finally review it?

(preferabily without the autistic chink chonk and the token black guy. Seriously who's in charge here? Him or they?)

What does Spoony even do anymore? It's like he fell off the face of the earth. I used to legitimately love his FMV game lets plays but he got fucking insufferable when 90% of his content was just him talking about wrestling.

has any of his recent videos have any SJW views

Fine I imagine. They only got paid to run the article not based on the movies performance.

Do you care?

HOT DRINKS

>has any of his recent videos have any SJW views

He's been on a hardcore anti-Trump crusade since the Primaries. A "lol Trump" joke at least once per video.

He gave his fullblown endorsement of the 2016 Ghostbusters reboot, blaming all criticism on sexism, bigotry, etc.

Do those count?

That's mostly correct. Channel Awesome is more or less dead. Doug makes video but he "upped" their production value. He has a studio now and everything. All of his videos go on Youtube now.

Lindsay left Channel Awesome and does in-depth video essays on "Phantom of the Opera" and "Hercules". She's slowly been making more and more but she also does some other shit too.

Linkara withered on the vine. He's still with Channel Awesome but he's basically run out of comics to review. Or at least comics that he can make fun of. The reviews have only gotten worse. His Patreons now send him requests. He made an abysmal movie out Doug's studio.

Spoony is Spoony. No one really knows since he's basically invisible now. He never even finished Rebruaray from like 4 years ago.

He makes an SJW'esque remark every now and then. But he's actually pretty tame.

>DSP
Digital Signal Processing?

Dark Side Phil

He's horrible at games and jacks off on camera occasionally.

>He gave his fullblown endorsement of the 2016 Ghostbusters reboot, blaming all criticism on sexism, bigotry, etc.
That wasn't what his review was about

Phelous tho is now on his own and makes hilarious reviews, much better than when he was part of CA team...

>He gave his fullblown endorsement of the 2016 Ghostbusters reboot, blaming all criticism on sexism, bigotry, etc.

I can just imagine Doug's gargantuan whale of a wife standing behind the camera during the whole 2016 Ghostbusters video, holding a rolling pin with her arms crossed, forbidding him to say anything critical about the movie.

Doug is such an emasculated little beta.

>much better than when he was part of CA team...

I hope so, because I don't remember him being all that funny.

What makes it all so frustrating is no one knows what's on his mind about all this and it's been this way for a couple years now. I just want him to explain it to us. Make a video saying he's done with his Spoony Movie idea, wont do reviews often anymore, and just wants to stream and shitpost on twitter. It sucks but he should be honest.

His drought of content wouldn't make me so mad if he didn't have a patreon. He's taking money from his fans every month when he hardly produces any content anymore. It's criminal.

>Posts on Sup Forums
>Calling anyone beta

And I'm sure you're just a regular alpha male, huh?

I always thought he seemed like he had autism because of his bizarre vocal inflection....

this is self-irony

I'd never defend the quality of Doug's videos but this is bullshit

>Here come Doug's White Knights.

Nostalgia Critic Defense Force: GO!

>White Knights

Nigga, NC has sucked since 2012, get outta here with your nonsense.

>He's been on a hardcore anti-Trump crusade since the Primaries. A "lol Trump" joke at least once per video.

Honestly, this has been way more annoying than anything else.

I used to watch his more "casual" videos like the top 11s or vlogs because they didn't have those shitty sketches. But then every fucking video was the same Trump joke over and over. It got monotonous and wasn't even remotely clever.

Those were the last NC videos I watched and he drove me from those, too, so I dropped him from my channel subs. He had nothing left worth watching.

nope. Man of Steel is objectively one of his best reviews.

What are the Trump jokes like?

I'd say AVGN actually improved with time. As James himself got older, he ended up using less toilet humor and more situational humor, plus finding rare and bizarre games, like a horde of fucking ugly reds.

I am glad james is still making videos. He is too good for youtube

phil burnell A.K.A. Dark Side Phil

basically a let's player who sucks at video games and got famous because people made a bunch of montages of him being a moron in video games.

he's been in a downward spiral because said montages & his reaction to them ultimately exposed him as a horrible person.

he just recently lost his partnership deal with machnima which is more or less the final nail in the coffin for his youtube career.

i just wonder what is going to happen with the people who dedicated their lives to calling him out on his BS when he calls it quits.

His high-pitched vowel-stretching when trying to make an aside is seriously the most annoying fucking sound in the world.

>EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE but on the other hand...
>EEEEEEEEEEEEMAAAAAAAAAAAYBEEEEEEEEE I'm being too harsh....
>EEEEEEEEEEELOOOOOOOOOKING at it another way...

Jesus.

I think AVGN saw the writing on the walls before CA and realized if he didn't innovate correctly he would have been left to the wayside.

It's weird to me since he's always said one of htis core inspirations for the NC was Loony Toons and Tom & Jerry... but yet he can never seem to emulate them.

His taste is god awful, but i watch him sometimes. Never his lists though because awful taste

What helps is that when James is out of character and just being himself he's a normal, chill dude. Doug and Linkara and guys like them, when they're "off" they still act like absolutely obnoxious spergs. In Linkara's case, he doesn't have an "off". He's all autist, all the time.

It also lets James add variety to his channel. He can do in-character AVGN reviews, or out of character movie reviews, or lets plays with Mike that are alright.

Basically, not being an irritating sperg really helps your longevity in these mediums.

It's kind of funny how hard a guy can come down on unfunny non-sequiturs in films but then fills his own productions with exactly that.

Hate to say it because I am a fan and I don't hate the guy, but it's because Doug is a tool....and at some level even he knows this, the footage of his shrine to Tim Burton just really shows the kind of jackass he is

If he was young when TDK came out he would have been one of the idiots who idolized The Joker

CR is probably in this thread right now.

Make more FF you piece of shit

i like his commercial videos but goddamn he really should have just kept demo reel going just so he can quarantine his skits to that

Doug's thing is that he wants to be a legit filmmaker. That's when Demo Reel was about and his first "retirement" from being the NC. He wants to make "art".

But he never went to film school, he never learned how to DO anything, and so his every attempt at making films that aren't just fucking vlogs... they're awful. Demo Reel crashed and burned and he had no choice but to revive the NC because he is literally incapable of doing anything else.

Dude's gotta be close to 40 by now. He isn't a kid with dreams anymore. He hasn't learned how to make films and deep down he knows that he never will make "real" movies. Shitty you tube nostalgia reviews are literally the best he will ever be and he knows it.

Holy fuck I remember this guy
youtube.com/watch?v=QPgEi-6-L1g
youtube.com/watch?v=2zbX2X2aZ2I
I didn't know he was that hated

>some asspained beta cuck was so triggered by a shitty movie about "feminism" he actually went out of his way to gather all those images

I mean... you don't HAVE to go to film school to be a director. I think what Demo Reel really exposed was his inability to construct a joke or direct actors. The shots were... okay, they felt uninspired but they got the job done. Demo Reel was terrible because it was unfunny.

Based James

Wow, I'm surprised I didn't realize that sooner

>what is schadenfreude

>I mean... you don't HAVE to go to film school to be a director.

No. I mean, Clive Barker directed Hellraiser and he'd never even read a book on filmmaking. Some people are just good at something and take to it naturally.

But having a proper education in the field helps, especially on the technical end. Rolfe and Matei went to film school so they both know what they're doing which is one of the reasons why Cinemassacre has done so well in the quality department all these years.

It also helps to just, well, not be autistic. You have to be able to work with people, DIRECT them, and just know how to fucking TALK to other human beings. Autists simply cannot do this and don't want to accept that it is a fundamental part of collaborating and making films.

Most of Channel Awesome is populated by obvious spergs. So it's a small wonder their every attempt to make movies together is an embarrassing mess. You cannot teach an autist how to socialize and being good with people is vital if you want to be a director or make anything more complicated then you sitting alone in a room in front of a camcorder.