Bittersweet Candy Bowl

Discuss

Augustus X Lucy is the greatest thing to have ever happened to this comic.

That's right you asshole just walk away. You've burned that bridge and then some.

Even with daisy out of abbey life, it's still sure as heck better than augustus with janet and kevin

It begins.
Finally the fun begins.

>augustus wearing pants and shoes(?)

Wait...so daisy's B day party was skipped over completely?

>it's just my mom, man
Spoiled kid desu.

Last we heard it was "on the weekened" wasn't it? Could still be a few days away (for "a few days" read "four months")

Saturday.

They're going to school.

The same weeked lucy couldn't go since she had to finish unpacking

OK, Abbey's mom is deeeeaaaaaad but he went straightaway to a loving foster. His life isn't that depressing as a whole, it just has one really bad thing in it. Augustus was the opposite.

>"except Abbey has Daisy"

>they don't know

Considering he's talking about that chicken lasagna, it's only been a day so far. Daisy's party is supposed to be on the weekend.

Also Jesus, Lucy. That Abbey-burn.

>Except Abbey has Daisy
Ehehehehehehehehe
EHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

>chicken lasagna
>good cooking
Might as well call chocolate beef a good meal

>that moment when Augustus realizes he gets a second chance

>Augustus has already fallen in love with his new mother
kawai~i

truth be told I doubt she ever cared for abbey's existence

>that moment when Daisy tries to fall back on Augustus after being dumped but he can't respond because "Daisy is off-limits"
Fixed.

Hey, folks!

I got my hands on a higher resolution preview of the new relationship chart!

Her concern for Abbey goes about as far as Daisy's use for him as a Not-Mike crutch.

>insert relationship observations here

Is Mike going to get salty about Lucy seeming to have had gothboy shack up with her?

How little mercy will she show in response?

Who the hell is Tiff?

inb4 the "unspoken rule" is you don't goddamn hang out with Augustus ever and Daisy gets pissed at Lucy

>soap_opera_for_ants.png

The girl that jordan want to date

>Mike
>Friends

>they actually reached the kickstarter goal

I didn't think they'd pull it off.
still slightly bitter amaya didn't get one

If he's smart he won't say shit. He got his GF and Lucy and Augustus can tell him to kindly fuck off

I thought that was the yellow dog. Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

huh, there are almost twice as many female characters as males on this chart

A One-off character who's sole purpose was to make Jordan look even more pathetic than we thought he already was.

This triggers the Sup Forums

>the MikexLucy heart is still intact

inb4 I'm replying to a deleted post

>seen threads about this for awhile now and looks nice
>"seems interesting, I'll catch up"
>3 years of fucking archive
welp, it was nice knowing you.

>ponies outside of mlp

You're either very brave or very stupid

I thought half of posters went gay for Augustus over end of the last chapter.

If anything it's long-time readers (the shill squad) who are hung up on MikeXLucy

>3 years
It's been much longer than that.

I think that's Kate

He's a visiting shill who's not familiar with the local autism.

>another one takes the bait

Welcome aboard user. Enjoy your drama filled ride

You can always start at the recap chapter in Volume 2

That's kind of a shitty place to start, really. If they wanted to let people skip the literally deviantart-tier volume 1 they should have made a more comprehensive new starting-off point.

Just lurk BCB threads n youre set :^)

>Tae live and uninterrupted answering Q&A

So who's going to get us the updated dick chart

>lucy
>mistrusts
>but with a heart

Lucy no. Stahp

Mike X Lucy endgame confirmed

Don't. You'll just trigger the autistex maximus

>Lucy still has a heart
AHAHAHAHAHA
Eat shit, Mike haters!

>3 years
It actually started in 2008-ish, but the first chapters were uploaded in bulk every few months

It's not like one can just shut down their own feelings about someone else. Sometimes you love ene though you know it's bad for you.

While I agree it's a cluster-fuck of recap, It was where I started. I only looked out of curiosity since I usually avoid high school melodrama stuff like the plague, but Jess & Rachel riffing on it added enough self-awareness to it to take the edge off enough for me to get into it.

I think if I started with the first chapter instead, I probably would've dropped it but who knows. Either way, I did go back through the old stuff and got better context for stuff.

Personally, I think the "Feline Filibuster" is a better comic for a new reader to "test the water". It's self-contained enough that it's like jumping into a random Archie comic. You get to know the characters through context instead of loads of exposition and it (mostly) doesn't reference anything important from previous chapters, the exception being Mike giving Lucy that condemning stare during the debate. The only down-side is that it's in the eye of the storm of an existing story and would suck to go on to the next chapter from there without backtracking.

according to the kickstarter they're actually recommending the Stacy MMO chapter as a sampler now.

If you love someone to the point you attempt suicide and still have strong feelings for them afterwards...I just don't know user.

I WANT TO CAUCUS WITH MOLLY

>go to stream
>first thing seen are elephants fucking

...well alright then

>When i'm just sketching I end up doing a more human shape anatomy rather than the chibi style

Actively making your comic this bad

The Next Comic(tm) [coming in 2022 maybe] is supposed to be humans rather than cartoon animals that scare away normies and don't sexually satisfy furries, so she had better put some practice in. God knows she needs it.

>inb4 they don't notice mike

I really want one of them to about to mention mike when they notice him walking in front of them. Makes me wonder how they'll react.

Would Augustus bring out his sassy bantz?

HAHA

I think everyone there realizes lucy almost killing herself and the mike situation aren't something to joke about.

But i guess since lucy didn't try to kill herself over mike it might be cool.

I could see augustus being actually helpful to mike though.

> "Local Area" MMO chapter
> Spotlights character who manages to be less relevant than Sue
> 2-pages of reference to love letters that happened 71 chapters before, which would be tough to remember for old readers, let alone newcomers.
> Only features 1/4 of the main cast. (No Lucy, Daisy, David, or Abbey. And only Paulo appearance is 3 panels of him laughing at Mike)
> Recommended sampler

Seriously?

>being the rebound of a sociopathic little princess that can't get over her unrequited crush even while pretending to care for her sadsack of a boyfriend

he's bette off alone

he's better off alone anyway

>lucy didn't try to kill herself over mike
You can't tell me her breakdown in "December" had nothing to do with it.

And we still don't know why she went so some private school for less than a year. What the hell is going on?

True.

Too bad this series already blew the "I was into you but now I realize you're shit" scene on Jasmine and Paulo, which was pretty weak.

Mike going insane when?

it's funny when you consider abbey is actually more shit than paulo is personality wise.

>Paulo is a bad person

go to bed abbey

>Inbr this is another dream

They're both pretty fucking bad so I don't see the point in arguing which is worse

But paulo is worse

Naw, bro, that was my point; Jasmine saying Paulo is a shit didn't land and the scene was shit.

Paulo is by no means perfect but at least he doesn't have anger issues and is physically violent...aside from times mike deserves it.

Discussion of actual new page has ended and the general phase has begun.

Repost good arts from past threads.

>aPaulogists

guy is a massive biggoted baby that has treated every girl he's been with so far like shit
at least abbey is capable of being pleasant when he's not chimping out, but paulo is insufferable the entire goddamn time

>Paulo treats girls like shit

>biggoted
negro wut

>treated every girl he's been with so far like shit
the only thing he ever did to Jasmine was break up with her, and that was because he didn't want to be dishonest about who he actually wanted to be with.

He hasn't had any other steady girlfriends.

Rachel is emo about just being a fuckbuddy but that was her suggestion in the first place.

Just finished binged the damn thing for the past few days. Surprisingly a good read, but the lighter hearted moments start getting scarce after the second half.

Are you joking? The comic became a sitcom for like three years after Lucy left with some exceptions like the Abbey and Augustus flashback chapters. It's only finally getting back to being a melodrama now.

stream is spitting out meme material as we speak, suitcase already admitted every second post in this thread is him and Tae admits to chan shilling

so are they the retards pretending paulo is a good person deep down ?

>shilling
>on Sup Forums
My God.

Meme material?

No they didn't. I'm listening the stream, and they didn't quote Sup Forums even once. Stop shitposting

did you read the comic? No offense but they explain that the reason she tried to kill herself was because as things started to come full circle and start being normal again her parents were telling her she was leaving.

Mike was apologizing and then she found out she was leaving and went crazy.

>shilling
You don't understand sarcasm, do you?

what chapter is pic related?

What, you mean this page?

I see people give Jasmine shit for this but it never bothered me. It's super common to overlook someone's flaws when you're in a relationship and then be hyper-aware of them after a break-up. Of course, you could also say she's just being sour grapes about it, too.

But look at it from Jasmine's perspective. Paulo wanted to drop the relationship so he could pursue Lucy. Then as soon as Lucy's out of the picture, he's all over Rachel instead. He's currently incapable of being comfortably alone and requires affirmation from others in order to function. And it does come across as immature.

Paulo is usually one to argue anytime someone says something to upset him (Hell, he wouldn't even budge when Daisy begged him to lighten up on Abbey) But you can tell by the next page how much it stung to hear what Jasmine said. He couldn't say back because he knew she was absolutely right. It's something he's always struggled with and never learns until it's too late.

shut up luggage man. Don't you have emus to worry about?

Ask for smth

No, her casual shitting on him when she was picking up garbage with Abbey. That page you posted actually makes sense. She was disappointed in him before, but it turned into casual insults behind his back.

isn't telling paulo that long after they broke up super bitchy?

Telling someone you're glad you broke up and telling them what sucks about them after its all said and done just seems to come off more as rude and not constructive

Jasmine is still salty about Paulo breaking up with her, if her conversation with Abbey was any indication.

It makes more sense after reading the earlier part of the chapter.

And tell him this after the break-up APPEARED to be super-amicable because she told him she wanted to break-up before he even got a chance to.

Love u suitcase

Paulo wasn't hanging with Rachel at the point in time this page happened.