Tell me my son, why don't you appreciate the cartoon show Steven Universe...

Tell me my son, why don't you appreciate the cartoon show Steven Universe, without resorting to the usual "itz gay propaganda" slander.

fuck off phonetrash

everyone cry for every reason.

theres no learning, no one learn shit, they just act because they feel annoyed with such cring

The artstyle is too damn ugly, almost everyone is fat there and the animation is lacking

But I love Steven Universe...

shit artstyle
shit animation
shit story
0/10

Trying to cram an ongoing story into eleven minute chunks never works. Every plot development feels rushed, and shit that gets built up over a long period of time gets resolved anti-climatically. Plus the art is unappealing and Steven's voice annoys the bejeezus out of me.

When I first saw the show, I thought it was starring a downs kid, marketed for tards. I still hold to that thought.

explain over the garden wall

it's not that 11 minutes is too little, it's that they utilize it poorly.

For the most part I do enjoy it, however I will admit it has its flaws.

For one, the pacing is really fucking wonky, which admittedly worked better when the show was still monster of the the week and townie shenanigans but really began to show issues after Jailbreak when the show attempted to raise the stakes but didn't seem to commit to it, this problem was also accented by the absolutely horrendous schedule meaning we on average get like five episodes every three months.
Another issue is the filler itself, particularly the Townie episodes. In the early episodes the show didn't want to be pure SoL and constantly found a way to incorporate Stevens Powers or gem stuff into the episode in a big way, with later episodes that seemed less important and now a lot of Townie episodes are completely generic SoL shit, it doesn't help that the vast majority of the Townies are frankly just boring characters who aren't strong enough to carry an entire episode on their shoulders.

>image

phoneposter everyone

It has had 4 seasons and so far steven gained the power to make a shield, have cat fingers, float' and cry a lot.

In any other show the protagonist has already got all the power unlocks and is suiting up for battle with the BBEG

>ITT: shitstains use muh crying and muh no development to pretend there's any other reason to hate this show than being a shitstain

Except this guy. This guy is cool.

It is boring and the lore is pretty terrible.

Gonna have to agree with this guy. By the time new episodes air, I've lost interest.

I'm only into it when the plot gets hype, the rest of the show isn't good enough to hold my interest usually.

At the moment I still haven't watched past that Stevonnie.Garnet episode.

You should pick it back up, we got a story arc with Yellow and Blue Diamond in the meanwhile.
...they literally just cry and sing.

Fair. Cramming a continuing story into eleven minute chunks in something other than a miniseries never works.

I'll get around to it eventually.
But yeah, like you said the zoo stuff sounds like (and I haven't watched it so I could be wrong) just a weird detour that didn't contribute much to the plot, aside from showing what Blue Diamond is actually like.

Pretty much, yeah.

Because it's fucking gay propaganda.

9/10 epis0des feel like filler episodes and the main character is a whiny bitch that cries all the time.

>It´s boring
>wasted potential
>forced drama
>unlikable characters
>can´t decide between "muh-plot" or "muh-comfy slize of life"
>shitty character development
>absolutly dumb hiatus system
>lazy writing

I still watch it though.

I'd argue that Star Vs. manages something with eleven minute chunks, but only because some of the important plot episodes are double length.

The finale of season 2 was 44 minutes in total.

They got rid of the pilot art style, which was so much better. The character designs obviously needed some work, but the art style itself was better.

This current season is pure trash. Shit character development, flanderised characters, boring as fuck townie episodes, no interesting conflict or plot developments. Only noteworthy episode is Steven's Dream.

It takes a trillion years to get to the plot and most episodes are about shit that nobody cares

Its boring, the main character is thoroughly annoying and unlikable, most side characters are also unlikable, the art style is ugly, its a good concept but completely wasted by bad writing and pointless storylines

For 2 years I put off watching it.

For 2 years I thought Steven was far too annoying.

For 2 years I thought the drama in the series was forced as all hell.

For 2 years I lived in ignorance of what a wonderful well thought out brilliant series steven universe is. I understand the hate and criticism but they all seem to come from people who haven't bothered to watch the whole thing and then when someone claims to have watched it they still bitch and moan about the fanbase or the "gay agenda" in the series. And at that point I just kind of sit back and relax because everyone is entitled to their own opinion and the fact that Steven Universe is on the brink of a new age of anime meets western television no wonder people are so damned resistant.

Okay, look.

I've watched this show for four seasons, and by the time this season reached where it is now... I've lost all momentum. The pace slows to such a fucking crawl, not just from the hiatus' but from the fact that there are multi-episode chunks where literally nothing happens.

It's been going on for years, where you're occasionally drip fed cool shit and then are forcefed mountains of plain shit. And I just cannot fucking do it anymore.

There are things I genuinely want to see on the show, but I don't care to wait for them anymore. Especially when the crew think shit like Rocknaldo and Tiger Philanthropist are a much better way to spend their airtime.

Why are you being retarted then

I like you.

Why do you make this thread literally every day, Sugar?

I see this thread or one just like it every single fucking day I come here
>tell me why you don't like SU without buzzwords!

You've been doing this forever now, and chances are you've gotten your answers from the same people over and over

The wonky pacing basically makes this show binge only for me.

I enjoy it, but some of the episodes are completely pointless other than "muh character development" which is something they could just work into the plot if they were better at writing.

Steven Universe is a decent cartoon with some terrible episodes in a row every once in a while.

there's like 5 fat people

Five too many.

Weebshit, emphasis on the shit part.

Can't look at that gif the same way ever again after that episode.

It's fucking boring. It meanders all over because it follows a format of plot episode, goofy episode. It goes by too fucking quick, 11 minutes is not sufficient time for them to tell the story they want to tell. The gems are constantly having their personality altered between episodes, Pearl being the biggest offender. Without bringing the whole gender politics thing into issue, Steven doesn't act the way a boy his age believably would, and it's frustrating.

Is there anything SUs has over this story?

It's just not good. It has terrible animation, terrible pacing, terrible writing, and terrible music.

Its fans praise it to high heaven solely because it's "progressive," conveniently ignoring all of its very real flaws. You ever notice how you almost never see discussion about the plots or characters outside of who's the gayest or what made-up gender a character identifies as? That's because that's all the show has going for it.

Horrible pacing
Horrible airing schedules
The art quality has been declining
Characters are given development offscreen
They set up a magic SoL and waited too long to introduce super space adventures
All the crying cheapens the emotional impact of characters crying
Too much filler
Too many townie episodes
Increasingly ugly color palette
Garnet reduced to Fusion McGay

So, did you forget about the last bomb or what?

It's trying to teach kids that it's okay to be gay and that's reason enough to criticize it and encourage others to avoid it.

>SU THREADS: 1
>SU HATE THREADS: 4
Wow, someone stop these SU faggots, they are getting worse than bronies.

When will people stop proclaiming it as something so special?

Why is it that they constantly excuse SUs bad quality?

>It is made for kids!
>It has a limited time slot!
>Those other shows are old!
>Of course X is better it is X!

>or what made-up gender a character identifies as?
Bait harder please.

I can't stand this ugly little gremlin creature.

I have a friend that refuses to watch it because of that

The crystal gems are now all men.

Would you still watch the show?

I hate anime and SU is a poor man's anime. The real question is why do you care so much about the differing opinions of anons online?

I stopped watching mid-season 2 because I don't like filler and if it was for establishing and lorebuilding or whatever for side characters, I have to say that it was pretty boring. I don't like any of the characters, they're all sort of annoying in different ways. The singing turns me off of it.

Nope. The Zoo arc was underwhelming asides from Steven's Dream.

This is an english speaking website

No, well, maybe, they keep crying or do more fighting instead?
SU has a good representation of women, all crying and never get shit done until a man make them gather their shit together.

nigga we got interactions between the diamond as well as a deeper outlook to their characters
not to mention the song from Patti LuPone
what else do you fucking want?

A badass sequence like "stronger than you" or a pearl having "much rose" attack with a nice song.

I liked the song too, and the interactions between the two diamonds in the last episode. But that's a small part of the entire arc. The rest of it wasn't that interesting to me.