Aku

Does Aku really qualify as pure evil?

I don't think so. If he was pure evil then he wouldn't have told stories to the little children instead of torturing them on the spot. Maybe a mix of Lawful and Chaotic Evil. He seems like to fuck around with people.

he's a force of nature that barely has a purpose than being "evil". Since evil is such a broad definition, He can genocide an entire race in one moment and do something as petty as littering in the next moment.

Well he is the product of a mindless evil sludge being hit with poison and sunfire, he's impure by definition. That cosmic thing the mindless sludge came from was probably pure evil.

He came from the literal physical embodiment of evil.

He's just a really entertaining guy who is also evil
The fact that he's not pire evil lets him have a personality

>Not real.
But only because CN wanted it to be a children's show when it was obviously meant for a more mature audience. In fact the show had to make major liberties just so CN would air the episodes.

Luckily for the fans, Jack is back with the creators having full control of the directions and no limits due to airing on AdĂșltSwim.

>tfw even when season 5 drops you won't hear the opening monologue given by Aku

Fuck. And no he isn't pure evil in the sense of an absolute destroyer. He just wants a society to enslave and rule over, an does so through both extreme atrocities and petty inconveniences.

Pure?

Probably not. I believe the fact that he is vaguely human implies he has some level of "corruption" in his essence. We've seen pure evil, and it's a blind idiot god. Aku, being distinct from it, is impure evil.

I feel like season 5 Aku is gonna be really, really, really fucking evil because of the darker tone and I'm both excited for and dreading it.

Wasn't the third episode about talking dogs?

Hes the embodiment of evil

>force of nature
if you were from where I was from you'd be THE FUTURE THAT IS AKU

It was a feature length film split into 3 episodes.

The talking dogs also got crucified regularly.

He's the son of the embodiment of evil.

EXTRA THICK

You're both wrong, we all know he's A FOOLISH SAMURAI WARRIOR

Have you seen the storyboard clip/promo clip that shows Aku literally becoming a giant black tidal wave and completely demolishing an entire army of tanks? I'm so fucking pumped.

Pretty much this

Purely evil characters might seem ideal villains on paper but they're far from it if they don't have at least a bit of personality in which they don't behave purely evil.

desu I never got the idea that Aku was like "kill all the women and children" chaotic evil style. He wants to break Jack and make him either a tool, pawn or whatever. Killing him would be too easy.

Look at season one where he turns into Ikra. They have fun, they are merry and kind to each other, but just before Jack is going to get the crystal he takes that victory away from Jack and shows him the errors of his trusting ways. He probably could have potentially killed Jack there, because he was mad and full of fury. But Aku doesn't, he flies away and simply says "there will be time for us to fight later"

That's how you lawful evil right. Breaking someone is far more insidious than just killing them.

>If he was pure evil then he wouldn't have told stories to the little children instead of torturing them on the spot

Motivation plays a part in this. He told stories to kids in order to INDOCTRINATE them so they'd serve him loyally. He didn't care whether or not the stories actually made them happy.

He's just plain evil. He does evil things sometimes for no real reason other than to be evil. Not a single person in the series has ever made a deal with Aku that worked out because even if they do what Aku wants he just ends up destroying their village anyway or whatever.

True, and Aku does seem to have some system of order in the societies he controls. They may be extremely violent, materialistic, or cruel but there is some system in place.

Aku isn't a destroyer but a conqueror, a dominator, and Jack seems to be his greatest quarry.

He does it for the lulz.

>Aku
>Lawful Evil

'Lawful' implies that a character has rules that they would follow even if they were inconvenient. Aku never does that.

When he duels Jack and makes the deal of 'No shapeshifting, no supernatural powers, no minions?' He breaks the deal.

'Lawful' means he'd be bound by his word or a code of honor. Aku has none of that.

I haven't, got a link?

apparently evil=fun
just look at them, jack=boring aku=fun

That sounds legit to me.

No. Lawful means they follow an internal set of rules. Aku does. He brought order to the future (although in a violent and dominating way). Aku's future still has functioning cities, taxation and order. He basically made the demon version of the Roman empire. That's lawful

Chaotic evil means they have no adherence to conventional moral or societal codes. If Aku was going around as a psychotic warlord just massacring anyone that disagreed with, sure he wouldn't be lawful.

source: D&D playbook

Wouldn't this just make him neutral evil? He expects others to follow laws and for himself to be completely immune.

>Follow an internal set of rules

But he doesn't. He makes other people follow rules but he follows none. Big difference.

possibly, it's certainly a stronger case than chaotic evil. You could definitely make that argument because Aku kinda put the society on rails and he spends 90% of his time just messing with Jack from his pocket dimension rather than actually ruling the empire he created directly.

I get the impression that the space blob was some kind of pure elemental evil, and then after a shard of it came to earth and got hit with all that wackity blackity shamanistic voodoo it just kind of became... not right in the head

Like imagine a guy who used to be a rockstar, but now he's 85 years old and he's done so many drugs that he's more mental than metal

That's Aku. Old Senile Grandpa Evil. He may have come from pure evil, but now he's a few strings short of a quartet.

>Neutral evil represents pure evil without honor and without variation. The neutral evil creature views law and chaos as unnecessary considerations, for pure evil is all-in-all.

Aku fits neutral evil to the letter.

Also, keep in mind that never said anything about being chaotic evil. Just what Aku didn't seem lawful.