Summer Camp Island

In case anyone missed the thread a few days ago, this will be Cartoon Network's next original series.
cartoonbrew.com/tv/cartoon-network-orders-summer-camp-island-series-julia-pott-148116.html
youtube.com/watch?v=gMwzE0U_bU0
youtube.com/watch?v=M-X6SEDtQ1M

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g81l7aQwjQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=z3dUgPvkYnw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It literally looks like something from deviantart

Looks terrible, thanks CN.

This is like an old [as] show like Sealab 2021 but for toddlers.

[ks] when!?

Thanks Christina Miller

I have an idea for a cartoon about three gay-acting 10 year old boys. They believe walking to the toilet is a waste of time, so they just pee their pants whenever they need to go.

youtube.com/watch?v=g81l7aQwjQ4
Julia Pott art style is ok for angsty indie animated shorts, but Im not sure if it would work for a Cartoon Network series.

Isn't that daytime CN? Or that toddler block Tickle U?

I'm starting to believe the rumors that the head is trying to babyfy the channel is real.

For anyone curious, this was made by Julia Pott who is actually a pretty popular British illustrator within the industry and has a lot of connections. So for those wondering why or how she got a show, it's because she knows people and because her work is viewed as charming within certain artistic groups.

That being said, this still looks boring as all hell, falls into another one of those "The only limit is your imaginaaatiioon!" worlds that I'm tired of with casual talking characters who sound like people they pulled off of the street and very slow pacing where the main allure of the show is that it's cute and sweet.

Looks really meh. Not impressive or engrossing, not really terrible either. Maybe my lukewarm feelings on it are because I'm not in the target demo; this seem like it'll be a kids show for kids, without any sort of adult humor/references.

It'll probably get 2-3 seasons before it either ends or gets cancelled.

Never heard of Julia Pott before, what has she done?

At least its not Cal Arts

Anybody heard or seen anything from Legendary Place, Calvin Wong's recently announced pilot that premiered at GLAS Animation Festival this past Saturday?

I don't hate this. It looks cute.

from the first video, does the character talking on the phone have two mothers? its kind of hard to tell if one is a guy or girl.

Looks like something for Nick Jr.

REMEMBER THIS IS OUR PUNISHMENT FOR LE CALART MEME!!

Just looked it up, user. Apparently, Elizabeth Ito's pilot was also shown there; this wasn't its first showing, though.

>For anyone curious, this was made by Julia Pott who is actually a pretty popular British illustrator within the industry and has a lot of connections. So for those wondering why or how she got a show, it's because she knows people and
>because her work is viewed as charming within certain artistic groups.

I initially read the last part as "within certain autistic groups", which honestly without being a shitstirrer out of boredom actually seems very likely.

Is the MC supposed to be furry Wirt or something?

It's really admirable when an artist who gets a shot at making their own pilot actually plays around with different mediums to try and make something truly creative and original.

I hope CN releases Calvin Wong and Elizabeth Ito's pilots soon.

Interesting...

Cartoon Network better quit holding back on these shorts. If they're gonna put new Adventure Time episodes on hold for this long and rush through nearly twenty episodes of Gumball (easily leading to an infinitely long hiatus), they might as well release worthy content on their YouTube channel.

Those two women at the beach were most likely Oscar's mom (the one on the phone) and Hedgehog's mom (the motherfucking hedgehog).

In the shot with Oscar himself, you can see a family portrait of elephants, too.

He's an elephant?

My guess is as good as yours, broseph.

I tought he was an aardvark

possibly

Either that or a Taper

That looks nothing like an Aardvark

Nor he looks anything like an elephant either

as usual, we have "it's cute!" defenses

youtube.com/watch?v=z3dUgPvkYnw

That video looks better than Summer Camp Island
Fuck

Tapir has two mommies

OK K.O.! or BTFO

lol, they made him black in that thumbnail because they just color picked from this poster

Here's a slightly different version of Matthieu Cousin's poster that can be found on a site called Mediacom. You can kinda get a better view of Box-More and The Plaza.

>tfw OK K.O.! will never be anything more than just a cool concept with potential that's forever stuck in development hell

Hurts, doesn't it?