How to fix Spider-Gwen?

How do we fix Spider-Gwen?

She was hyped up as the next big cheese, but now her book is bombing hard.

How do we get everyone to be excited about her again?

shes too spider-manish?
like Pete makes jokes in costume, but why does she?

also, Robbi needs to go

Robbi is shit

Stop tying her into other spider-books. Her ongoing makes less sense the more time she spends in the 616.

Her comic is by no exaggeration terrible in every regard. The entireity of her popularity thrust is in her costume design, noone reads her book it's bascilly just there to legitimize her.

Actually treating her seriously and putting a talented writer and artist on her book would be great, she has potential to be the fiest great female Spider since nobody has ever bothered with any of the other ones regardless of how good their actual books might have been.

I honestly think it's too late. After the new Revoltech figure was announced and i found myself wanting to buy it i tried to get into her comics and i've never been so put off by how obtusely her comic fails to hit the ground running. After all the spider verse shit, her ongoing completely glosses over her origin story and sets into a routine with some of the ugliest art Marvel has had in recent memory and boring as fuck writing. Just putting some conpetent people on her book would suffice but i'm afraid it's too late

There was never any substance to her aside from her costume. That's why her book is bombing. You can't build a franchise on a costume alone.

We don't, we cancel her shitty book and never speak of her again.

Put her in 616 and make her share a book with Mania

Her fucking Miles isn't going to get people to like her.

*crickets chirping*

You can't just kill and erase every character that can't manage to keep up a good book. If we did, characters like Elsa Bloodstone wouldn't exist.

It's better to end the book for a while,then return to the character once you have a solid premise for an ongoing.

Besides, Spider-Woman proved that you're method isn't fail-proof. All it takes is a nostalgic Gwen fan to get a job writing at Marvel to bring her back.

You can't kill an idea, user. So it's just best if you try your best to fix it.

Make her male.

Give her Ultimate Gwen carnage as a suit.

Remove crossover events. That shit is so fucking annoying. Explore her own world, characters etc. So far it's been constant event/crossover garbage. Also godawful art brings it down too

Spider-Gwen comic has a lack of focus. While I like the idea that there are things in her universe that are drastically different from the regular Marvel universes, it feels like all the differences are starting to become distractions rather than enhancements.

I don't like how gimmicky a lot of the changes are. Matt Murdock as Kingpin is the most interesting one

Cancel her and Miles books and replace them with a Spider-Punk ongoing or just stop letting her crossover into 616 so often.

Latour is a piss poor writer

Get a different. And stop making Gwen so broody and emo all the time. Try to make her book a little more fun. Expand her universe.
And for god's sake get a new artist.

has anyone cared about her outside her intro, her outfit and ComicsAlliance-like webpages?

Either move her to 616 or keep her in her universe, the crossover garbage needs to go. Her character isn't advancing at all.

Yeah, these crossovers just keep putting her plotlines on hold. Before they could even really deal with the effects of the Spider-Women crossover, there's another fucking crossover with Miles.

Hurry up with Gwenom so we can drop Robbi.

If they kept it at "Gwen became Spider-Woman, Peter became the Lizard, Frank Castle and Ben Grimm became cops, Matt Murdock went on to become the Kingpin" then they could've had something worth focusing on and then branch off the differences from those.

Samantha Wilson as Captain America, Peggy Carter as Nick Fury, offhand reference Tony Stark being evil, etc seem like good ideas but become distractions within Spider-Gwen's universe, because they wouldn't be directly affected by Gwen becoming Spider-Woman or Matt Murdock becoming Kingpin. It feels like Earth-65 Cap and Peggy would've worked better in their own comic instead of being in Spider-Gwen's.

This 100%
I was following that book because of Matt being evil and seeing how that played out. Then the writer keeps getting sidetracked and forced into crossovers that no one asked for.

have the gwen stacy clone from the clone bullshit going on now be this universes spider gwen, with a different costume and personality, scarlet spider was one of the best thigns to come out of the first clone bullshit so you may as well try for a twofer

have the first gwen go back to her universe at let some writers tell good stories with her as her own character and developing

Seriously, how have there not been a symbiote story yet? It's been forever and still no symbiote in Spider-Gwen? What are they waiting for?!!!

Because
-Too Many Crossovers
-Too Many Distractions

>Seriously, how have there not been a symbiote story yet?
I'm 99% sure that storyline was announced 2 months ago.

It just shouldn't be this easy, this casual, for superheroes to be travelling to other dimensions like that. That should be a big deal. Spider-Verse was a mistake.

I thought she was meeting her universe's Wolverine?

Mania Is dead, the new Venom host killed her.

EASY!
Make her a lesbian. Lesbians can be hawt. People like lesbians. Done.

Getting the figure cause it looks good. But Gwen had a chance and thrown waist side... we didn't even get me venom... what a shame.

Why did they waste so much time not doing Gwenom? What idiots!

There's nothing to fix, it was flawed from the start. Even her Edge of the Spider-Verse issue was simply pedestrian, despite the hype.

I admit I liked the early comics when she came off as legitimately mentally unwell, but as time goes on it just becomes more obvious that Latour just can't write.

Characters and tone are somehow both bluntly in-your-face and inconsistent. Events seem to simply happen without any sense of continuity or reason. Characters draw conclusions and reach epiphanies based on little to nothing. The result is a comic without structure, just a string of scenes that happen to occur one after another but could just as easily have nothing to do with each other.