In case you ever wanted to know how a fanbase can ruin a work, I'll tell you

I never saw Monty Python and the Holy Grail until one day there was a midnight screening announced in my town. I thought it'd be nice, given how popular it was and I decided to finally go see it. Well, that was the worst theatre experience of my life except for maybe Cloverfield but I watched that at home I think so it doesn't count. Either way, the first issue is that a great deal of the jokes I had already heard quoted endlessly out of context. So when I saw them in the movie finally, it wasn't funny, it was just like: Oh, so that's why people won't shut the fuck up about sparrows.

Then there was the second problem. I was the only one in the theatre who hadn't previously seen it. For some reason, everyone else was paying money to see a movie that they had memorized the lines too. Because of this, they knew the punchline before it dropped. So they would start laughing over the punchline. So for the jokes that hadn't been beaten to death in popular culture already, I never heard the punch line because they audience wasn't laughing because they found it funny, they were laughing for a reason I can't define, like Hyenas on cue.

There was a single joke in the whole movie that I found amusing, it was the one where the guy is running for an inordinate amount of time and then suddenly appears out of nowhere crashing into the gate guards. They couldn't figure out when to laugh for that one. Some laughed at the start, some spattering of laughs here and there, but it was such a long joke with a short payoff, that when the punchline finally hit, I was the only one in the theatre to laugh. And it was a genuine laugh.

That is why rabid fanbases are absolute cancer to the enjoyment of films, for those who didn't know.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VdtTfQJCO2Y
youtube.com/watch?v=9oLG5At2pv4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Must be fun being a friendless cunt

Oh look, the rabid fanbase is here to ruin my quality thread what a surprise.

You have autism and Monty Python is not funny.

All fandoms are cancer. The entire concept of fandom was a mistake

It would be if not for the fanbase.

Do NOT use Mini-May for your shitposting please. Also Larry best girl.

way ahead of you mister, this is the best post Sup Forums has had in months if I do say so myself. No Sup Forumsbait or jailbait or bane/sneedbait or anything of the sort.

I watched it without the fanbase and still did not enjoy Monty Python

They don't have to be physically present to ruin it. It's just easier for them to do it when they are.

I think we've all learned this pretty recently with Rick and Morty S3.
I heard this was very with Invader Zim too, can anyone tell me how bad that was when it aired?
Cause I only caught the tail end of that when I got to high school.

whos the slut

have you watched it since?

kek

youtube.com/watch?v=VdtTfQJCO2Y

>watching a movie with a cult following in a theater
You knew what you were getting into.

This thread is so goddamn stupid. I'm glad it'll be taken down within the hour.

All those paragraphs just to be called a faggot. Sad.

No, mister.

No, mister.

no

ah. and now for something completely different is ok. life of brian was not bad. haven't seen jabberwocky. don't think there's any copies of that available. and the flying circus is....a circus. alot of hit and miss.

I just watched Gunsmith Cats last night how did you know user

you have low T, trust me I'm a doctor

I borrowed those comics in highschool. It was really something. There were some... scenes... that were... good?

that was surprisingly not terrible

Wasn't as bad.
Since literally everyone is on the internet now and all connected, the amplifying effect of this shit is way stronger for popular things of today. Back then people just kept to their own communities but now everyone posts this shit to every popular social media endlessly.

>except for maybe Cloverfield

stopped reading there

Holy Grail has the worst ending because I wasn't expecting them to actually take one joke so seriously that it actually influenced the ending.

i always liked the bit with the nuns
life of brian is the super python kino anyway

>For some reason, everyone else was paying money to see a movie that they had memorized the lines too

For something like Monty Python, of course spergs are gonna ruin it. But go to something like a showing for The Room. Same idea, but Less austistic morons. Most people I've seen at the screenings I've been are regular cool people. and it's just a lot of fun because it isn't just people overcompensating their laughter. Also it not being an intentional comedy helps.

>how a fanbase can ruin a work
Stopped reading there. You are insane.

That one worth watching? Only seen Grail and Meaning of Life.

Seeing a theatrical showing of The Room is like being locked in a cage with incontinent mental patients who all want to smear their feces on you.

this is a fetus
abortions were made for this
the future is doomed

Please delete this. She is underage. Then again, that's the 'Western' version where she's actually 18 with a growth defect, rather than a 17 year old trying desperately to stunt her growth for her lolicon boyfriend/fiancée/husband.

Larry best girl anyway. May a slut.

the anime is superb imo. the production team went to the US so all of the chicago settings are drawn beautifully.

Riding Bean is also kino

Life of Brian is more like a traditional film rather than just a feature film length string of gags that also manages to be just as funny if not more so

One of my first faps was with a panel from the manga of Gunsmith Cats were the brown girl took a shower.
How I wish I could still simply masturbate with a drawing of a girl showering

GSC was the first trailer on the first anime VHS I rented
youtube.com/watch?v=9oLG5At2pv4

it was incredibly gay and you're a faggot

This is why you instead watch it at home alone. Must suck not having any foresight whatsoever.

>sparrows

Life of Brian I would say is just as funny, except the jokes are more normal and not incorporated into pop culture as much. So you'll probably like it a lot more. Just don't watch a cult movie in a public setting, that's the dumbest idea I've heard.

sneedposting has been redeemed

Monty python started out being a thing real weirdos were into then it became a thing you were required to memorize to be a nerd. Then nerd shit got mainstream and it became a damn religion.

You're basically complaining that people like something.

> writing all that
> not just laughing at the faggots that quote monty python
you're just as laughable moron

>>>/reddit/

16 is completely legal in my state, move out of your Commiefornian hellhole and get a taste of real freedom.

>Going to a midnight cult movie showing of a movie you've never seen

Always a bad choice

You're looking for an argument?

Oh! I'm sorry! This is abuse

You want another website 12 R , next door.

Reminds me when I went to see a showing of The Thing for halloween.
Why can't nerds behave themselves?

The Princess Bride is pretty shit too.