Stinz Storytime

Today I'm sharing volume 3, issue 6 of the tale of Steinheld "Stinz" Löwhard, a halfhorse and veteran of the Great War.

This volume's arc mostly concerns the strange aftermath of the war and how it starts to intrude and change the idyllic Geisel valley forever.

Previous thread: In A Marvelous Resistance, Stinz breaks his silence and tells us what he saw in the final days of the war, and what he went through afterwards.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!FIsGjRqI!agUaaMKQ8F-t42fTjOkIGw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah, that's a small town for you. No better entertainment than other people's business.

Just wanted to pop in and say I'm really enjoying the story, and to thank you for sharing!

Do you know where I could buy some physical copies of this stuff?

Oh man, poor Heinrich.

No clue, they're small press and have been out of print for a long time.

Yuck, I'd almost rather go naked and freeze than wear that.

Aww man, Sergeant Kirschen died early on, I liked that guy.

Back in a few.

Just give up, dude, you didn't marry her because she was a shy pushover.

Damn, Jesse has a talent for pissing him off, huh?

And there we are.
Next time we find out more about what those crazy scientists were up to at the end of the war, from the last living soul to have actually been inside one of those mysterious "conversion depots," in A Dog's Life.

So what happened to the baron's soldiers from 20 years back? How did they avoid conversion?

I thought they had the teeth. If not, then Donna fucked up.

Could be the "cumulative"-ness that Gift was talking about a few issues ago.

Then again that doesn't explain how morphed the soldiers were at Perhaps they were on leave and were farther away from the old tech, so that they weren't changed as much when the 'magic' hit. Or maybe they just got changed back by the sisters?

Well from what I can see (I've read all these before about a year ago, though I'm still missing some issues of stuff) the people nearest the depots got hit the worst, and then it sort of spread out from there like a shock wave. A lot of people further out mostly got minor changes and the occasional unlucky bastard wound up similar to Heinrich or something, but the changes also keep happening.

Where exactly do you find these comics online?

They used to all be up on stinz.com, but it's offline now, and archive.org only has bits and pieces. (e.g. digging through it I saw part of a wartime story of the squad's encounter with a werewolf, but most of the pages were missing.)

The scans I have are up in my Comics share:
mega.nz/#F!FIsGjRqI!agUaaMKQ8F-t42fTjOkIGw

I'm missing The Dreamery, which had some early stories before Stinz got his own book, as well as Charger: the Complete War Stories, and possibly some other stuff.