Worst Family Guy cut-away gags

Is Sneakers O'Toole the worst cut-away "gag" Family Guy has ever done? it's pointless, it makes no sense, is totally unnecessary, and most importantly, it's completely unfunny.

The other competitor for this spot is the one where Peter was fucked by a Rhino that didn't love him anymore.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=axxtJjd9uWk
youtube.com/watch?v=yLKkj8gwGpQ
youtube.com/watch?v=6dqf8_WEHAo
youtube.com/watch?v=VRYP3pA-PyU
youtube.com/watch?v=v6cnQA17xIw
youtube.com/watch?v=HBRc8uwAu-M
youtube.com/watch?v=Og1QRtcWdEY
youtube.com/watch?v=W4WGQmWcrbs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>it's pointless, it makes no sense, is totally unnecessary, and most importantly, it's completely unfunny.
So how is it different from the rest of Family Guy's cutaway gags?

No, the worst cut-away gags are the ones where they just recreate a movie scene shot for shot with the Family Guy characters.

Sometimes the early ones could be funny

I remember being really annoyed by this Moby Dick gag.

youtube.com/watch?v=axxtJjd9uWk

It wasn't funny, and I don't know why they used Moby Dick. It felt like the embodiment of that South Park joke about how they just put random words and people together and that's what makes the joke.

I like the Sneakers O' Toole gag. I dunno, it's so stupid that it's funny to me. Which I think was the point.

All the cut-aways are shit,especially the static ones or the ones that just have words on the screen.

This is from FG? Looks like Gumball

>worst cutaway
>not Conway Twitty which is 2-3 minutes of unedited footage of a Conway Twitty performance and nothing else
silly user, you haven't even reached the cutaways that don't even have a joke yet. It's all downhill from here

While not technically a cutaway, the worst "jokes" are when some scene or footage repeats dozens of times in a row to pad out the runtime. I'd rather have a shit cutaway any day of the week.

There's really no contest.

youtube.com/watch?v=yLKkj8gwGpQ

Goes on way too long.

Offensive for the sake of being offensive.

SHE TALKS LIKE THAT BECAUSE SHE'S FUCKING DEAF! SO HOW CAN SHE HEAR THE PHONE?! YOU KNEW THIS AND YOU JUST DIDN'T GIVE A FUCK!

Conway Twitty could be regarded as entertaining, however.

I know this isn't even close to the worst cutaway joke, but I have alwyas been unreasonably annoyed by the one with Eric Clapton. He sings "I shot the sheriff, but I didn't shoot the deputy", then two cops arrest him and make some stupid quip like "He confessed! Why would you admit to one crime to get out of another?" Literally the next line in the song is "but I swear it was in self-defense." If your observational "humor" is nonsensical to someone who listened another 5 seconds to the thing you are fucking referencing, it's a shitty joke.

Clearly Gumball. If it was Family Guy, they probably would have had on-screen gay sex or something.

I guess that was the joke? I don't know

>Conway Twitty

Filling 22 minutes is haaaaaard

Probably the "Dancing in the Streets music video in its entirety" cutaway gag.
Also any cutaway gag that suddenly acts like there's no reason to even begin to adhere to the setup.

Moby Dick was bieng a dick

Thats it...

I believe the joke here is that even though moby Dick is such a bizarre house guest, he's still portrayed as a minor annoyance more than anything. Like, he was acting just like any other house guest that you'd have that you wanted to get rid of, except he's moby dick. Their conversation was very mundane and that's the joke. Not the funniest but I did get a chuckle at how peter passive aggressively asked hen his flight was.

Yeah that was terrible. They could have played ten seconds of it and the joke would have been the same, but no gotta play it all cause writing and animating jokes is too much effort

No, they'd have made a gay joke before Peter shot them with buckshot and then went on a five minute spiel as both gorily crawled away before finally cutting away

To Conway Twitty.

Worse than cutaways that suddenly divorce themselves from the setup. Is when a character gives an incredibly specific, in depth description of WHAT the cutaway is going to be. And then the cutaway is exactly what they said, exactly as they described it.

for some reason, i also find this the worst.

also anytime it shows a character just getting the everloving shit beat out of them. it always goes on way too long. i don't know if it's supposed to be shocking or funny, but for me it always is just when will this be over

The show has gotten pretty fucking lazy.

Is it me or was Seth at his best when someone could stop him when something was a bad idea? His work on Johnny Bravo was hilarious

that Walt Disney skit in that episode Chris went to new york to be a painter

I loved it. It reminded me of a lot of things I've seen before but can't conciously remember. That's how you do a 'haha remember?' gag without just copying the thing

I always figured Sneakers O'Toole was just a reference to something that I wasn't privy to. Family Guy does that a lot.

Was it not?

I find Sneakers O'Toole just because it is so bad.
Like i find it funny, because it is so lame unfunny and absurd.

He is sneakers o'toole, and he didnt take his sneakers off. Thats all there is too. You can look for more, and there isnt anything more.

More importantly, why do people want sneakers o'toole to take his sneakers off? Why do they care? Why does he refuse? Why does he have a theme song?

These are the questions that vex me.

The Hamsterdance Tourettes cutaway

Enjoy

youtube.com/watch?v=6dqf8_WEHAo

I like that one. Mostly because when that was a thing you would see people do that. That song was stuck in everyone's head in the early 2000's.

The joke is just dated as fuck.

I always thought this one didn't make any sense.

youtube.com/watch?v=VRYP3pA-PyU

>Simpsons did the exact same joke on the newest episode with the "who stole the cookie from the cookie jar" game
I don't get why they keep using this joke its never been funny

Yeah, I don't get that one, either. Does anyone have an explanation?

more or less. he needs someone to reign in his garbage and just only get the good stuff out. if he can just wallow in it he turns into a shit lord.

or if he just isn't there because american dad gets at least one laugh from me per episode

The last movement of Beethoven's Ninth Symphony, the "Ode to Joy", was despised by critics when it was first performed in 1824 and long afterwards. Giuseppe Verdi called the symphony "marvelous in its first three movements, very badly set in the last. No one will ever surpass the sublimity of the first movement, but it will be an easy task to write as badly for voices as is done in the last movement." The last movement became beloved during the late 20th century, and is now considered one of his finest works and one of the greatest pieces of music ever written.

One of the few times Family Guy went too subtle, and it still wasn't funny.

Also, if I'm not mistaken Beethoven was by this point entirely deaf.

sauce plz

DUDE FAMILY GUY FUNNY MOMENTS 97 LMAO

Which I sure was the real point of the voice he was doing.

Damn straight. What's fun about explaining a joke without making one in the first place?

This.

FUCKING THIS

youtube.com/watch?v=v6cnQA17xIw

Someone says it was Seth being a dick to Fox because they wouldn't do some of his jokes but considering the jokes he managed to get out there and considering the shitty ones he was able to do on that shitty comedy cavalcade I could care less.

>I could care less
Why do you care so much? Is this one of those "It's anything but" actually being that thing, things?

Oh come on, this is really funny. You people are looking way into how "unclever" this joke is without even considering the funny parts of it.

I always thought it was just them spoofing some old advertisement or something, but it definitely does become odd when you realize it's just some random thing they made up

Gotta agree with this, Conway Twitty is the worst cutaway gag and it's made worse by how long it is and how often it shows up.

I thought he didn't even write for FG anymore.

He hasn't for about a decade. Maybe more. But people on Sup Forums are convinced that he's still the head writer and the biggest dick in the room for some reason. But he's been delegating tasks when it comes to showrunning and writing from day one and taking on less and less responsibility as the show continues.

The claustrophobic turtle.
It was fine until someone thought adding the hicks was funny.

And any gag where it's not a joke but something that mocks things people normally do.

It satirically portrays the refined simplicity of Beethoven's later work as being slow-witted. I mean it's probably just random juxtaposition of crass criticism with the most iconic pieces of work from what could reasonably be called history's greatest composer, but it gave me a chuckle.

Kind of.

Sneakers O'Toole feels like he'd be a better fit as a character in American Dad rather than a random cutaway.

/this
I remember this on adult swim being the most annoying in it
youtube.com/watch?v=HBRc8uwAu-M

Agreed

Watching Conway Twitty is more entertaining than Family Guy is

ergo that is the best cutaway they ever did.

youtube.com/watch?v=Og1QRtcWdEY

This.

This is fucking awful. The set up is stating that Chris would sing the hamster dance at random times, and then the punchline is Chris singing the hamster dance at a random time. There's no substance at all to it beyond "hey remember that thing?"

At least with the Sneakers O'Toole gag, it goes somewhere unexpected. I mean, when you heard them set up the gag, it's not like you knew what was coming. That's at least something.

that's funny though

People still watch Family Guy?

>Probably the "Dancing in the Streets music video in its entirety" cutaway gag.
I've seen it mentioned on here before that was done purely because they wanted to see what the most expensive thing they could get Fox to license was.

The title screen.

>no one mentions that long uncalled for cut-away of peter and the washed up whale
>or the one with carter and the bench

Washed up whale was funny though

YELLOW CHICKEN FIGHTS PETER FOR LITERALLY TEN MINUTES BECAUSE WE GOTTA FILL TWENTY MINUTES ELL OH ELL

>Is it me or was Seth at his best when someone could stop him when something was a bad idea

That is the case for every show.
Pretty much the best arcs and characters of DBZ were only made because Toriyama's editors told him that his original ideas where shit and he needs to come up something else.
That's why Frieza has all these forms and why there were 5 Androids and Cell even though he originally intended Dr. Gero to be the actual main villain of the arc.

After the Cell Saga they just told him to go nuts, which is why the Buu saga is all over the place.

None are as bad as the Chicken Fight gags and you know it. They just keep getting longer, too.

youtube.com/watch?v=W4WGQmWcrbs

This. Its even worse because the episode it was in, when Peter meets Bill Clinton, fucking sucked in general.

Sounds like somebody's got sour grapes that they couldn't get Sneakers O'Toole to take his sneakers off.

I know everyone here hates these but I always like seeing where they go. I dont find them particularly amusing but all the different places they go and things they do are interesting.

This one in particular, I see as indicative of how increasingly cruel the humour has become. There really wasn't any need to show those astronauts crushed to death, or that guy's head exploding.