PRIME TIME HYPE THREAD!!!

Get in here and discuss Superman Reborn before this week's Action Comics!
Place your final bets on the identity of fake Clark!
Is it really /ourguy/?
Or are we being rused?
Also, general Superman thread

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2017/03/06/fake-clark-kent-revealed-weeks-action-comics/
bleedingcool.com/2017/03/06/spoiler-the-big-reveal-on-who-the-fake-clark-kent-is-from-the-superman-comics-right-now-spoilers/
youtube.com/watch?v=Dlxnb7zGeps
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I was waiting for someone to make this thread desu

bleedingcool.com/2017/03/06/fake-clark-kent-revealed-weeks-action-comics/

Rich the leech confirms that Oz's escapee is in fact the fake Clark. And he's someone we should be "very familiar with"

It might actually be prime, after all. I'm hyped.

Is he coming back bros?

Who is this? He looks nothing like N52 clark. So, I'll assume it's someone else.

So what if it''s an OC? how will people react?

What if it's jon?

Someone in the comments is saying spoilers are out.

Omg its mxy

I dunno how I'd feel about it being SBP, simply because it relies on a character from such a specific period of time, as opposed to the all-time-best/greatest-hits nature of the rest of Rebirth. SBP was only really a big deal from Infinite Crisis to just before Nu52.

Actual reveal page from this weeks action. For some reason I can't see the article on BC itself but it showed up in a google search.

Don't click if you don't want to be 100% spoiled.

bleedingcool.com/2017/03/06/spoiler-the-big-reveal-on-who-the-fake-clark-kent-is-from-the-superman-comics-right-now-spoilers/

I might be mistaken, but didn't Fake Clark once said that he lost his parents in a fire when their house burnt down?
like how Jon's house burnt down last issue?

SHIEEEEEEEEETTTT

What????!!!!!!!!!

Good old Rich spoiling shit for views

Not reading the spoiler but can someone just answer yes or no to if it's Prime

No

I just looked anyway. Fucking come on, not Prime?

Is N52 Clark during DCyou.

I wonder if he ever actually feels bad about spoiling this kind of stuff?

Nu-52 clark was briefly depowered from overusing his new solar flare power, and so he got a buzzcut, went back to T-Shirt and jeans, (because the fortress no longer recognized him) and just toured the country on a motorcycle he borrowed from batman and spray painted red and blue. it wasnt terrible, but it wasnt too memorable either outside of his interactions with Gordon batman

The only time he seemed to be all "Oh no, the reveal is TOO BIG for me to possibly tell you!" was when Captain Hydra was being revealed, coincidentally on the day that Rebirth was happening

OH fuck. Well at least he was my second option.

Will we ever see Prime again?

What if it's Jon as the Time Trapper

Maybe after seeing all the hype/theories from people involving him with this mystery they'll start working on a way to bring him back now. Or maybe they'll save him for the Forever Crisis.

Nothing better than LE PRIME TIME bitches getting BTFO

>forever crisis
what?

Now this begs the question

Is the upcoming threat of Doctor Manhattan so big that a guy powerful enough to contain a fifth dimensional imp can't stop it?

So according to Rich he was also the person that escaped. That raises a whole bunch of other questions now.

How did Oz capture/imprison him?
Why did he think Superman would save him?
How/why did he lose his memories and end up as a fake Clark Kent?
If he didn't have his memories or powers how was he disappearing?
What did Superdad ruin?

the powerlevels are off the charts

Was name dropped in an early issue of Hitch's Rebirth JL run and hinted at in a few other places as well.

WE DBZHIT NAO

oh come freaking ON!

Is it bad that I still have a little bit of hope that this is a fake-out, even when it isn't?

YOU'RE RUINING EVERYTHING

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I-I'm hoping for something like that as well. A bunch of stuff just doesn't add up unless it's Prime. There were waaaaay too many hints for it to be him.

>Tomasi
>but Jurgens
>but Gleason

He's doing terrible job in that case

HERE THE REVEAL FOR THOSE WHO0 DON'T WANT TO GIVE RICH VIEWS

>Rich attempting to play the victim
>"It's really YOUR fault if you found it"
Stay scum Rich.

At this point I'm certain that the person who escaped with the blue flame powers isn't Prime because I feel like his hair on that ? cover would be more neatly coiffed.

Fake Clark might be him though, idk.

Anyone got that cover with the silhouette?

I really hope this is a fake out or that there is a second reveal.

Remember Sinestro Corps 1? We all thought that Kyllahax was the big reveal then *BAM* every DC reader shat out a brick on the last page revealing Hnshaw, Prime, and the ANTI DUCKING MONITOR

Kind of regret spoiling myself but still hyped for this. Interesting answer to the a mystery that adds creates a couple more interesting questions.

I knew it would be boring like this. Glad it's not SBP though, I only want Johns to write him

Rich is definitely dumb enough to misread it. I suppose we'll see.

So this raises the question what would his opinion of this superman be? I remember him interacting with and being saved by superbro but I don't know if he had any other interaction with him. You think that'll be referenced?

What an amazing page. What an amazing event. Nobody was ready for anything.

Though related to the BC spoiler it doesn't really look like Mxy so I think is on to something

Why are people so in love with Prime? Honestly kill yourselves

he's adorable

dropped

I have no faith Jurgens or Tomasi could read and understand Morrison's run

This feels like Year 3 of Injustice...scratch that, it's the same fucking twist.

Was Mxy in the New-52 at all? There's DC wiki page for it but there is for other 5th dimensional imps

Prime is great, but dumb people want him to return. You have to know that when he returns it's not going to be the same.

Oh yeah, we were al speculating that it was Joker because of Xanadu vision and Jokerize Corrigan and Phantom Stranger reaction to Spectre identity, then blammo Mxy

Well ya got me there. It's more likely they're gonna gloss over this actually being their first interaction and have this treated as business as usual.

He's whiny, psychotic, stupid, edgy, and an unstoppable force of godly fanboyism. And we love him for it.

he was in Morrison's Action Comics

He was in Morrison's run of Action Comics. Superman saved him right near the end and got him to save the mars colony instead of his parents.

Oh come ON! That was my first guess!
But to be perfectly honest, that has always been my go-to explanation whenever Superman encounters a particularly intricate and frustrating situation.

Was he the pre-Flashpoint version of a New-52 version. If it was a completely different version I wonder if/how they'll explain the difference.

>But to be perfectly honest, that has always been my go-to explanation whenever Superman encounters a particularly intricate and frustrating situation.

Congratulations, you're ready to write Superman!

He exists outside the physical Multiverse. There's a fair chance that this version of the character was not affected by the flashpoint. It wouldn't be his first meeting with superdad.

lame

just a little stylized, not that different

Reminds me a bit of Dead Again, only this time Superman's first hunch might be the right one.

Post your face when Prime's been reincarnated in Jon and that's why his powers are kicking in so early.

>Superman confronts Clark Kent
>Kent has enough and slugs Superman, knocking him clear across the countryside
>Kent bounds over, landing before a
barely conscious Superman
"Mild-mannered, preachy wuss to the public, but in a just a second he can transform and take on his alter-ego..."
>rips off Clark Kent mask
"... AS LOBO, TH' MAIN MAN! GET READY TA GET YER GIZZARDS GUTTED BY THE BASTICH OF STEEL!"

well that's disappointing

I wonder which store keeps leaking all this stuff to Rich? It's gotta be that faggot that couldn't do math correctly and was the only store bitching about Rebirth right? He was also probably the one that leaked the Watchmen stuff before Rebirth.
>Rich wouldn't reveal the Hail Hydra spoilers
>had no problem revealing the Watchmen stuff
>now this
He's 100% going to reveal some eventual huge thing from the Rebirth climax isn't he?

Keep pretending you're not a Marvel shill Rich.

IT WAS ALMOST TIME BOYS

Rebirth was leaked on Reddit not BleedingCool. Don't give Rich credit for that.

I'd be alright with that. Even if it's not really Prime and just the remnants of his essence, it'd be what Prime really wanted. A chance to start over.

I'll also add that DC lifted their media embargo within a few hours of that so comic media sites all went ahead with the spoilers too.

Rich is a faggot, but I don't think any real bias was involved with that specific instance.

But, that guy's jaw structure is completely different from N52 clark. His face is a lot more round and bottom heavy than N52 Superman's girly elongated face.

I mean I don't know what you want. That's how Kuder drew him.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT'T WAS /OUUUUR/ TIME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
How many proxies do you think /our guy/ has used to express his anger?
Now I can't play this song when the issue comes out
youtube.com/watch?v=Dlxnb7zGeps

They lifted their review embargo because it leaked and people were losing their shit without the context so they wanted people to see the reviews (which were almost all incredibly positive) to quell their fears.

I know it leaked on reddit first (I still say it's all Dennis Barger) but didn't Rich also post it before DC lifted the embargo?

Anyone got a link to the initial BC pages for it? and/or the hydra Cap ones where Rich refused to leak the spoilers?

That silhouette doesn't look like Mxy to me. Maybe we've got more reveals to come? I look forward to Rich spoiling them for everyone

I'm just annoyed how it feels like he didn't even try to draw Clark and just drew a random guy.

Mxy is such a based villain
Prime fags btfo

Literally the only reason anyone was even suggesting SBP was the fake spoiler thread made months ago. I don't think anything stated there has been true. Closest thing might be if there is a red lantern event this summer but even that would be kind of wrong because they claimed that would be the first Rebirth event and JLvsSS was the actual first event.

I remember he did tease the HydraCap spoiler before anyone else but I don't remember if he posted it after the page was actually out in the wild. And I can't remember the timing of whether DC's official embargo lifting was before he posted about Rebirth.

I just know he didn't actually break either story himself. Just stole from other people.

>acts like a manchild
>"YOU RUINED EVERYTHING!"
I was convinced

It may have started as wishful thinking, but in the last couple of weeks several clues and visual hints started pointing to prime. It was either gonna be him or, well, the character it turned out to be. It wasn't mere characterfaggotry, he really was the prime (hEh) suspect.

I was guessing Henshaw, but nether less glad to see prime fags btfo. It was a stupid theory. Also glad they didn't make new 52 superman be fake clark and ruin his character.

Wasn't nu52 Mxy a good guy? Is that being retconed or what?

see may have been keikaku

Yeah all the old villians are coming back from pre flashpoint.

most aren't that different though

This is true. Ultra Humanite is the only one that would require hard retconning.

But the Main Man is already back, and Hal saved us from Nubo

wonder how they'll bring back OG cyborg supes?
I think it was him on the action cover from the may solicits

I think he already came back at the end of the last Supergirl arc?

Yeah. Prime and Mxyzptlk are the only suspects who are sufficiently manchild-y enough.

They shown as their old selves. I guess mxy can revert them back.

Mxy showed up in Grant's Action and seemed fine with Superbro, there's still more to the story.

That's Kara's dad