Marvel Relaunch

How would you Rebirth the Marvel Universe? What changes, large or small, would you make to some characters? You are allowed to retcon histories.

Return it all to zero and start over.
Hire competent writers and artists.
Let Spidey have a happy life.

>Inhuman genocide, few survive, but they fuck off back to the moon.

>Mutie resurgence.

>Peter becomes aware of OMD and works to gain his old life back.

>Miles dies.

>FF come back.

>Carol Danverse dies.

>Monica becomes new Captain Marvel

>Kate dies.

>Jane loses mijolnir.

>Parker Industries falls.

>Take Slott of Spider-Man

>Take all of Bendis' OCs and stick them in the revived Ultimate universe. Use that as his containment reality.

>Fire a lot of the shitty talent.

>If you can't make sales then you're fucking out of here.

>Make our IPs more accessible to crossovers.

>Darth Vader kills the Marvel Universe comic.

Full on MCU

It's what everyone wants anyway

We need to build a wall around Sup Forums.

Civil War and Civil War II were some false memory BS or just straight up didn't happen. Your pick.

Peter didn't dick around for a decade. He went to college, married MJ (even though I'm a Gwen shipper), and became the founder of Parker Industries.

Carol is Superman with breasts. No complex political or moral history.

Inhumanity was on a much smaller scale than is currently canon. And the mist doesn't kill mutants.

Ms. Marvel wasn't an Avenger. She was put on the team too early.

Hawkeye is still a hotshot, but not an idiot. I loved Fraction's run, I'll admit, but other writers have expanded on that in the worst ways. Cocky doesn't equal dumbass.

>Let Spidey have a happy life.

"no"

>Return it all to zero and start over.
Pick one and only one

Agree with all but Parker Industries. Peter should have a job that isn't below his intelligence, but a one that's somewhat grounded. Being a CEO ruins the normal guy becomes a superhero aspect of what made Spider-Man great.

Speaking of Peters, Star-Lord is back to Master Chiefquill. He can keep the sweet jacket, but he's a strong, serious leader with a sense of humor. The Guardians are back to being a space black ops team.

Ms. Marvel's time on the Avengers was another fanfic of her's.

Mutants replace Inhumans as random superhero pop-ups.

I'd focus more on ways of doing things, like:

> - Make new writers continue the storylines of the last writer instead of making every creative change a jumping-on/jumping-off point

> - Crossover events only take place within books; no cannibalizing a book's storyline to create a separate stand-alone event

> - Legacy heroes are not entitled to be accepted in-universe and they shouldn't already be better than the heroes they replaced at their jobs

I can point to Marvel books that actually are doing those things even now, just it should happen more often.

>Monica becomes Captain Marvel
Opinion discarded into the trash, back to Tumblr with the rest of the trash.

tumblr hates Monica

Tumblr, Reddit, whichever one, they're all the same to me, only the two dozen Nextwave fans like Monica, no one gave a fuck about her before or after.

>He doesn't like Monica.

Fucking Carol fags.

Not a Carolfag, but I sure as hell ain't about to jump on the Monica badwagon, shit character is shit.

Now, show me something good with Monica in it that's not from Nextwave.

Stern's Avengers.

I guess, I mean, if you honestly like that run good for you, I'm not about to tell you what to enjoy, but I'm not about to agree with you user. Monica is shit.

A start-up then?

>Carol goes back to being Ms. Marvel and looking like a woman again
>Wanda and Pieter are Magneto's kids again
>Thor gets Mjolnir back
>Jane goes back to being Jane
>Miles goes back to a new, fixed Ultimate Universe
>Iceman is straight again
>Psylocke and Revanche go back to their proper bodies
>FF come back
>Hank Pym comes back as Giant Man and gets with Wasp
>Nick Fury Jr. Is retconned away and original Fury comes back as director of SHIELD
>D-Man is straight again
>Julie Power is straight again
>Gwen Stacy is back and dating Peter
>George Stacy is back as police captain
>Flash Thompson has his legs back
>Harry Osborn's children are retconned away
>Sabretooth and Emma Frost are villains again
>Magneto stays reformed
>Time displaced X-Men get the fuck out or are exiled to the new Ultimate Universe, where writers are allowed to turn do shit because it already sucks
>Wolverine, Cyclops, and Jean come back
>Cyclops gets with Jean
>Deadpool's daughter is retconned away
>Steve Rogers is Captain America and is with Sharon Carter, who is not old as fuck
>Bruce Banner is the Hulk and married to Betty who is Red She Hulk
>Jen is She Hulk, Rick is A-Bomb. Both can control their transformations and have secret identities.
>classic and popular costumes are back for many characters (like Spider-Woman, Hawkeye, Elektra, Captain America)
>Karen Page is back and with Matt
>Spider-Woman's kid is retconned away
>Kampala either doesn't exist or goes by a different name
>Mar-Vell is back as Captain Marvel
>Luke Cage and Jessica Jones are OneMoreDayed
>Luke has hair again and a new costume remaniscent of the old one with the tiara
>Storm and T'Challa are dating again
>Sam Wilson is Falcon again
>Richard Rider's dad is still alive
>Professor X is back
>Most mutants created post-Morrison are retconned away
>Cannonball is still with whatsherface, but they don't have a kid
>Squirrel Girl doesn't look like Lena Dunham anymore
>Big Bertha is still a normal model
>Old Loki is back

I like Monica but Stern had the problem all writers have with their OCs, he pushed her too hard and characters couldn't stop talking about how awesome she was.

He still shouldn't have been fired over Marvel's order to demote her from chairman just months after she got the job, though. But I think the "Stern's pet character" thing has haunted her ever since he was fired. OCs do have that problem unless they get a movie or TV show to validate their existence.

>Kid Loki and Leah are back
>Wiccan and Speed are established as being delusional and not Wanda's kids
>Iceman and Firestar are dating and headlining a new book with Spider-Man
>Cassandra Nova never happened
>Jean is Phoenix and Phoenix is Jean
>Spyke from X-Men Evolution is brought in, because if you want a diversity character, at least let it be a good one
>Avalanche is alive again and doesn't have any kids
>X-23 is younger again
>Howling Commandoes are back
>J-Son of Spartacus is a good guy again
>Peter Quill has brown hair, isn't a man child, wears military clothes, and doesn't have a black sister
>Groot talks normally again

It turns out that after decades, there is one master planner who has been setting up all the heroes into the perfect position for decades, ready to make them fall.

This evil masterminds name...
Uncle Ben

Marvel Rebirth would look like this.

> Scarlet Witch leading the new Midnight Sons (Blade, Ghost Rider, Haelstrom, Mobius)

> Death's Head & Taskmaster anthology comic, with team-up as well.

> Spider-Gwen & Silk anthology comic.

> Keep X-Men, Avengers, and Guardians of the Galaxy separate.

>that stage
Good taste my friend.

Reset everything back to 1991 status.

All problems solved.

Nigga, you don't understand the character if you think that should happen.

Time-gong the universe back to the period of time before Civil War 1 began.

i would scrap it all. TO THE TRASH WITH IT ALL!!!!!!

Marvel Scope comic line:

This is my fan-made plan to re-establish the Marvel Universe.

Reinvigorate Historical and Aesthetic Importance:

Return all Marvel characters to the era in which they were originally written and bring back the 1960's era versions of the most popular characters. Within a reasonable creative boundary establish a timeline and end date for the adventures of heroes in the universe: for instance The Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, Hulk, etc existing in the same world with their characters ageing and growing across the years: spanning decades or just a few years: however long the character / team's relevancy to the other characters in the timeline remains logical and engaging.

Create two distinct release lines:

1) "Year X" graphic novels with feature length narratives telling a crucial element of the character's / team's journey. These graphic novels will borrow the best elements from previously established canon works whilst also re-evaluating aspects of the character's origins which could be told in more succinct and engaging ways: the key aim being to bring modern characterisation to classic versions of characters (similar to Netflix's current Marvel IPs).

2) Several issue "Episode X" stories with limited runs. If the "Year X" line are feature movies: this line are Quality TV episodes. These stories will fill the time-gaps the way Extended Universe comics do movies today. There is less emphasis on greater character change, but rather how the character with their set motivations antagonises their region/time period. For the most part these are where the crossovers will take place. On rare occasions where it will be most effective will character worlds crossover in the Year X line.

Mutants in the Universe:

The single greatest change I would make is moving the X-Men from the 60's to the late 70's/early 80's. This will happen as a turning point in the historical timeline: there will be singular mutant stories:

- "Xavier: Year One."
- "Magneto: Year One."
- "Wolverine: Year One."

These will be in the 60's timeline and will deal with the mutant crisis in its infancy: mutants exist, yet in drastically smaller numbers and most with far smaller scale abilities to begin with. The goal here is to not over-populate the setting with both superheroes and mutants.

The paramount element of mutants in the 60's is SECRECY, HIDING, and ESPIONAGE. There is no Xavier's school yet as a safe haven.

The other titles: F4, Hulk, Spider-Man, Thor, Captain America, etc -- are seen as the FIRST AGE OF SUPERHEROES, they're out in the open, for better and worse, informing future public opinion on mutants.

Going through all of the above stories could take several years before enough comics have been made to reach the late 70's era. By this time many of the greatest stories the prominent 60's era heroes can tell over the course of two decades will be told.

However a huge event will happen wherein most of the superheroes will vanish overnight: leaving mankind without heroes (and their villains who have been vanquished within this era).

With this this version of their characters can be brought to a satisfying end, coming to a close at the DAWN OF MUTANT-KIND.

Now the X-Men come into play taking centre stage: the classic roster given the same "Year X" and "Episode" treatment as the first age of heroes. This is also the time for legacy characters to come into their own: X-23, SHE-HULK, BUCKY as CAPTAIN AMERICA, etc.

The 1970's leading up to the mid 80's will put the mutant upheaval first and the remaining cape-wearing heroes on the back foot, reversing the status quo where anyone with powers is loathed: mutant or non-mutant alike.

These stories will be told as exhaustively as those in the 60's era until all the key origins and major events for the X-Men have been told.

Then an event will happen at the hands of a powerful mutant that'll set up the last act of this three part saga spanning decades in comic time, and a decade in real time:

Early 90's- to mid 2000's: UPHEAVAL

The great characters of the 60's are reborn for the 90's era: however their origins still remain tied to the 60's, with just the displacement aspect at play. Spider-Man / Peter Parker has to adjust to a modern world, as do the other heroes: most importantly when they return they see the legacy their previous actions left behind, instigating great change for them as they commit to fighting crime in a modern era (90's modern at least.)

This is where the superhero / mutant infighting can go balls to the wall. The 90's / 2000's era is a time made for civil wars, crossovers, team ups, etc. This time there is a greater sense of different values at play, different histories, different kinds of heroes and new villains.

Once this has been mined for all its worth end the stories and give the Marvel characters a true send off: once and for all.

Then someone else can start all over again.

Better idea for Carol. Everything that happened happened, but it turns out she fell off the wagon years ago, all the "bestest best hero" and CW2 crap was while she was perpetually half drunk.

Impregnate Mary Jane with Tony's seed.

Offer a trade back deal, you send Marvel the copies of your single issues and they send you a collected tradeback back, or you could pay a bit extra to get a hardback.

The idea of a Marvel "Rebirth" is pointless from a pure "this is the state a character should be in" without proper editorial direction. The biggest reason DC is doing better than Marvel right now in regards to quality is because there is a clear editorial direction. Without that, the characters could start in a better place, but it'd spiral quickly back to where it was before.

Honestly I think Peter's best profession was when he was a teacher at his old school during JMS' run. It really made sense for his character for him to want to give back to the next generation and teach them not to make the mistakes of not only bullies like Flash, but him as well, because let's not forget Peter was a pretty bitter asshole when he was in school.

I wouldn't relaunch or reboot the entire line all at once because I feel we the readers are a bit fatigued, also on the same note I would kill major events to every other year

next I would separate the books back into families again like in the 90's X-Men, Spidey, Avengers would all be a family and I would add a Teen line for the Champions, Girl line for Capt Marvel, Jane Thor and it's ilk, Street line/Bendis containment area and a generic heroes line for everything else which in time I would hope give birth to a Magic and Space line when those areas get better defined

next I would make a series of kid friendly/new reader primer quarterly anthologies featuring the more popular heroes to replace dead weight like GOTG's solo books. it would be set up with a contemporary recreation of classic story, an origin story of a random character and 3rd done in one story. Spider-Man, X-Men, Avengers and GOTG all have their own book in this line

for old readers we focus on making the core books bimonthly ASM, Deadpool, GOTG, Both X-Men, Champions, Defenders, Avengers, Captain Marvel, Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Thor, Dr.Strange, and Wolverine all these books build up to smaller family events which in turn build up to the wide line event

first event I build up too is the Return of the Fantastic Four

finally as overlord of Marvel I would make a real investment on Digital and force the core readers to buy books with digital only/1st in continuity satellite books

So example Marvel under me would look like

>Spider-Man
Amazing (core)
Miles
Gwen
Spider-Women (Silk, Drew ect)
Venom
Adventures of Spider-Man (quarterly Anthology)
Web of (Digital)

>X-Men
Blue (core)
Gold (core)
Deadpool (core)
Wolverine (core)
Weapon X
X-Force
All New Wolverine
Adventures of X-Men(All Ages Quarterly)
X-Factor (Digital)
Generation-X/New Mutants (Digital)

>I would kill major events to every other year
I'd kill them to one in five and make sure they're proper collaborative events that make sense and have legitimate repercussions.

I thought taking a break for longer but there is a segment of Marvel readers who just read events and tie ins.

with my idea we would still have nearly yearly Spidey, X-Men and Avenger mini events/crossovers but they would be spread out 8 months apart from each other and as contained as possible in the core books.

See, that actually makes sense rather than "buy all these floppies of characters you don't give a fuck about to get the whole story even though it doesn't add anything".

>Scarlet Witch leading the new Midnight Sons (Blade, Ghost Rider, Haelstrom, Mobius)

I like this.

>I like Monica but Stern had the problem all writers have with their OCs, he pushed her too hard and characters couldn't stop talking about how awesome she was.
So in no way worse than Carol.

Reed is now Dr Manhatten. Eliminate the sliding time line and put some characters in specific eras.

Fire and replace everyone.

>We will NEVER EVER go back to a time where there was only 1 or 2 Spider-People running around and one of them was Peter

Marvel is shit.

I'm just fucking glad I can literally read any Marvel comic since 1930s for free digitalized by downloading from a Comic hub in DC++.

That sounds pretty neat. I was also thinking of making it period pieces set mostly in the 60s but was just gonna like... Keep it there and have technology jump forward thanks to super scientists. But yours sounds interesting even if it'd screw up most social lives for heroes when they return to the present.

>stop movie synergy
>stop x-men and mutants from being shafted just because fox owns the rights despite the fact that the comics aren't go8ng to affect movie sales
>diversity characters made specifically to take over a legacy are ether erased away or forced to get good writers that will establish characters personalities past "lol I'm black/gay/quirky look at me!"
>Bring back FF4
>Stop doing fucking events every 2 months
>Stop forcing every book to make a tie-in to an event
>Stop making shitty plot twists and controversial shit just to piss off tumblr and orn/co/

Finally the most important one is

>merge Anime and Cartoons into one board
>merge Manga and comics into another

Can we all just agree that Marvel should have ended after Secret Wars (2015)?

>merge Anime and Cartoons into one board
>merge Manga and comics into another
They're both the same but come on dude you know it won't work

>Everyone important is reset to starting point.
>Everyone stays in their own books with their own problems and their own enemies.
>All secondary characters and villains are asigned to one series and don't move from there
>No more crossovers, ever, specially, not crossovers where heroes fight another heroes

Fire all the sjws. Tell guards to shoot them if they are close to the building.
Moore, Gaiman, Morrison. THis is your home. Feel free to come and write wonderful stories with our characters. Do whatever you want with them. Oh, and could you solve the OMD mess, please?
Real continuity. Characters will grow old and die. And they won't appear in more than 2 series.
You bash on other publishers, I fire your ass for giving Marvel a bad PR. Besides, what kind of idiot insults future or former employers?
No more decompressed narrative.
No more Ultimate universe.
90s characters: kill them off. Fuck Cable, Deadpool and all that shit.
No manga influence. Let's keep comics pure and clean from inferior beings.
Creative Commons licenses for all Marvel products.
Epic Illustrated v2. European and Latin American stories.
Spanish translations of books. It's the second language of the US!
Republish pre-1990 material and let 90s books rot in the cellar.
Punisher out of 616 universe.
Millar: get out of here.
Give Moon Knight a decent writer, for Jack's sake.
Don't charge more than 2 $ per issue.
More translations of foreign material (yes, including manga)
A Vertigo-like collection.
Fuck crossovers and events.
Less splash pages. We are telling a story, you know.
No Conservative messages in comics.
Aunt may dies forever.
Iron man: he fell into a puddle and got rust. Killed off or a B-list again.
Writers and artists keep the copyright every time they create a new character.
Characters can smoke or take drugs if necessary or cool.
Put the ads at the end of the story. No more interruptions.

Peter running a small company in New York and being a mentor to younger people similar to him that were brilliant minds but circumstances stopped them from being able to live up to their potential. Because of how Peter runs the company its never doing financially well hes always struggling to make it work.

There Parker Industries is now something small you want to see succeed and combines Peters want to give back and help younger people or people like himself.

id basically do heroes reborn, but this time keep the regualr supers away from mutants

I'm glad you faggots aren't charge