What was the point of him or Max?

What was the point of him or Max?

>What was the point of Max?
ftfy

Max was the zoomer.
Billy had the car.

Did Max make any meaning contributions to the story beyond being someone's girlfriend?

Max was there to replace Eleven, which made Mike sad and drove conflict between Lucas and Dustin as a love interest. She became a valued member of the team.

As for him, I've got nothing. He served no purpose other than to be an asshole with a rad car.

>Max
white girl for nig for PC points

>Billy
gay boy for Steve for more LGBT points

He's a pretty cool character and I liked having him on the show.
Doesnt need to have a point, if he's compelling and has some kind of involvement with the others, its good enough.

Now the cancerous individuals of episode 7 are another story.

>What was the point of him or Max?

Max is new team member to breed conflict with Eleven, eventually leading to them becoming friends. Also eventual girly laughing at the boys moments. Billy was there to breed conflict with Steve, further evolving his character and giving him vulnerabilities as well as making you sympathize with him. Max and her new friends will eventually draw Billy in, forcing he and Steve to become friends, adding another new member.

They're building a warband. You gotta have your face/asshole and your theif in the crew.

I liked him
Max was such a pointless character. I don't care that she's a coalburner, whatever, but there was literally no point to having her.

no, none whatsover.

Literally me

They needed more characters to waste time on given there was no active threat happening for most of the show.

It was almost like Millie is running the show.

>I want a girl to hang out with on set

>I want an eleven-centric episode where I can be a bad ass

>I want to kiss Finn in this scene

y-yes ma'am.

>Millie is running the show

she gave a girl characters for the boys to fight over, 11 was busy out of the picture doing her own thing.

the point was everyone was paired off and given a chance to grow into next years all high school stranger things, that was the arc growth. now the teens are adults and the kids are the teens.

he was basically a human bad guy to threaten them on regular earth. he was mostly for steve than everyone else, steve getting shit on so much let him rise to a hero. fully redeemed and now 100% in the club with the kids. remember he started as the original human villain.

this

Billy was a hot madman
Max was unecessary though

>get famous for doing something
>need to do it again
>fuck off
she seems like a good kid so i won't hold it against her, but she should learn to commit to these roles.

Do you think the Duffers hate her but don't want to publicly say that since she's a 13 year old?

I don't know. They seem to joke a lot in interviews so I think they're just being playful.

he rocked us like a hurricane

Max was mainly the warm body to bounce dialogue and exposition off of, though when season 3 comes around I'd expect her to come into her own. There's enough of a character to build on.

Billy was there to be an antagonist and not much else. He's an abusive dickhead raised by an abusive dickhead, and serves as a solid point of contention for Max and the gang because eldritch horrors are too nebulous a threat, I guess.

He provided actual antagonism instead of the mystical Mind Flayer who was never actually there.

He was the antagonist to Steve, Luke, and Max.

so that Lucas will have something to do. the point of this season seems to be to have each member of the party doing something on their own. Lucas has the girl, Will has the Shadow Lord, Dustin has Dart and Mike helps Joyce, I guess.

They started out as werewolves, meant to reference Sleepwalkers, Teen Wolf and Ginger Snaps, basically. But the scripts got revised and changed and eventually that part was dropped. Just a part of how television development goes sometimes.

diversity. max is the lesbian tomboy and he's the trans dragqueenface.

how much screentime does billy have in s2?

>quiet weirdo with a heart of gold gets the girl in the end
>cool kid in school learns not to be such a dick
>show tries to show them that the bad boys they fall for are pieces of shit and that they're dumb for falling for them, and that the ones that do fall for them are dumb sluts

some high school nerd wrote this shit

Not enough

>>What was the point of Max?

When you write Poochie but call it a stronk female character.

too much

about right

the purpose of billy is homolust

>no Billy werewolf

FUCK

>inb4 Billy willingly accepts some kind of partnership with the Mind Flayer and becomes some kind of half-human half-alien Resident Evil monster

Not like there's really any point to the nigger or fatty either.

can you repeat the question

Max was there to cuck the whiteboi with the nignog. Notice they saved the kiss until the last episode? Netflix knows that people immediately drop their shows when they push that shit so put it at the point where they can't.

>whiteboy
>dustin
pick one

nice trips

Huh, neato. I kinda had this strange feel about them at the beginning, and waited for them to have some mysterious past or some hidden shit at home. Too bad they scrapped that idea, but I guess they wanted to keep the supernatural stuff tied to one thing, the upside-down world.

I don't know how to feel about that.
I originally thought the show was like a weird 80s true blood/American Horror/Penny Dreadful before I actually started watching it but was pleasantly surprised. Them being werewolves feel like it'd be a big fucking swerve to do out of nowhere.

I feel like they'd probably want more things to have a better link to one another.
Psychic Powers and the Upside Down are two unrelated elements that were linked through the story. Atleast as far as we know, Eleven just sort of accidentally brushed up against the Upsidedown which gained Brenner's interest causing them to open a dimensional rift into it. Werewolves coincidentally driving into town seems a bit more contrived given the style they established.

>in this thread triggered virgins