Feel like rewatching LOTR trilogy

>feel like rewatching LOTR trilogy
>love the extended cut scenes
>but hate the color grading bullshit

Why did they do it, Sup Forums? Why couldn't they leave it like it was?

wasn't that just for the blu-ray? or did they add that filter for the dvds as well?

No, it's just for the blu-ray. They apparently did it because some of the cgi didn't hold up in HD.

>le blue and orange is baddd!!!
>digital looks like dogshit!
Wow congratulations, you obviously know nothing about contrast in colors or complementary colors. You know that sea wall scene in BR 2049? Yeah. It is only possible to shoot that on digital. Shows what you retards fucking know. Which is nothing.

Stop being a cuckand watch it how the creators inteneded it to be watched.

Nah it's the blue-ray that makes the film more blue

I agree man. It's really annoying. Mainly Fellowship which is ultra green. The other two look fine for the most part. I have the same beef with the original Matrix which was greenified. The original DVD release retains the natural colors.

It's only the extended cuts. Theatrical blurays aren't green tinted.

just watch the original dvds on a upscaling blu ray player

Only fellowship has this issue. Return and towers look identical between the theatrical and extended. Also, in terms of detail, fellowship extended blu ray is better, but fellowship theatrical has proper colors

It's only present in a couple of scenes

Snow is white not blue you digital freak

lel. that shot of gandalf looks wierd. feels like he doesn't fit in the background.

nah its the entirely of fellowship of the ring. the other two movies aren't affected much. two towers has a slight tint but it's not as obvious as in fotr

you don't even notice when watching it

You probably have some of the early copies of the blue ray. They addressed this issue, I have the extended cut blue ray box myself and all the movies look just fine.
And I probably watched Lotr on every medium it was ever released, even vhs

star close

its called greenscreen

Yeah it's called green screen

Or blue screen for blu ray

That is why they call it blue ray, one of its downsides is that it gives everything a blue tint.

Blade Runner has nothing to do with the LOTR Extended Blu Ray looking uglier than the original.

My dad bought those years ago, like a retarded kid I lost some of the discs and the collection is nowhere to be found

>Take film from more than a decade ago
>Go into Adobe After Effects and apply blue overlay at 20% opacity
>Ruin film visually, also ruin the original look that everybody remembers
>"YOU GUYS ARE STUPID IT LOOKS BETTER."

Fucking moron.

Kekked

>you can't shoot scenes involving water with film
You're retarded

damn i'm definitely rewatching them this christmas, haven't seen them in years.

I just watched fellowship extended. That's the ONLY one that's color graded. The image in a little extreme there. It's noticable to a good eye by itself but not enough to ruin the experience
Two towers and rotk extended are untouched - same as theatrical versions of all 3

Because it looks much more cinematic now.

I have all 3 extended box sets at home. every christmas I got each movie separately as I didnt not buy the complete box series. every night i put the commentary on and play the movie on my small dvd television combo while I do homework in bed. comfy times la

The creators intended you to watch as many different edits and formats as possible. Keep those shekels coming, goy.