This has got to be the weirdest "monster" I've seen in a cartoon, anime, cgi, etc...

This has got to be the weirdest "monster" I've seen in a cartoon, anime, cgi, etc. Was it supposed to be serious or laziness?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OGCZbHXegCc
youtube.com/watch?v=mdU8dyjgXU0
youtube.com/watch?v=SSEyayuGv5o
youtu.be/9zMN9JyF7RM?t=409
youtube.com/watch?v=ZXvNxDSOhII
youtube.com/watch?v=mdU8dyjgXU0&t=47s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Was it supposed to be serious or laziness?
I'd ask the same thing about your post, fuck off back to Sup Forums now.

fuck you.

Get the fuck outta here

You make me sick you fucking piece of shit. Don't you ever show your face in eastern suburbs of Sydney. You hear me? You cunt.

[screams geometrically]

It's for soygoys

Wanna meet up and fight? hmmmmmm gayboy?

/thread

wtf I love Fidel Castro now?!

Lazy monsters are those in later episodes: The White Circle and The White Wings
Kaoru was also lame if you ask me

Nice digits but its undeniable that anime is for low test betas

Kaworu was pretty good desu, i like that even though that wasnt what they were doing, the angels and their consecutive forms were all different and build upon the last one that came before its weakness. When i first watched it i thought the angel that scrambled asukas was actually data mining a human head, i assumed before my second rewatch that kaworu was an amalgam of all the angels with the weakness being emotions, something the other angels didnt possess or show

The lamest was that lava one small as a tick or something

Fucking terrifying if you ask me.
But not as terrifying as the circle sphere shadow thingy.

Wow!!!

How fucking dare you question Ramiel. Go the fuck to bed
youtube.com/watch?v=OGCZbHXegCc

The angels in NGE are based original old testament depictions of angels, where they were more like various shapes and patterns than guys with wings.

what were they smoking back then?

just a bunch of illiterates in the desert heat

This.

Has a kid I had a recurring dream about a monster called "Il Quartino" that was basically a gigantic still life painting who'd soar in the sky and shoot buildings down with his laser...
It was a fucking nightmare

I just saw Evangelion like 4 years ago so no relation there

Why did the angels attack anyway

Mushrooms

Can you even have mushrooms in the desert I thought that was more of a Christian thing...

Il tarantino

The levant is not desert, thats why it was called fertile crescent
All religion imaginery comes from natural drugs, not just christianity

lol

>Why did the angels attack anyway
To reunite with Adam

Wht sent adam?

God

Some force in Space, No world was meant to get a Adam and Lilith but Earth got both

I thought it was a sailor moon villain lmao

>BRRRWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM

First ancestral race or FAR

damn that show deep. mayb if i watch rick n morty i understand it better

yeah, that's bullshit.

Go ahead and find those passages of the old testament that describe angels. They don't exist.

The reveal that adam wasnt really adam was stupid, that means evas shouldnt be called eva

anime website

I think both, in a certain way.

It work very well as a 'serious' monster. It's geometrical, powerful, inscrutable and such. His nature is incomprehensible to humans as it has 'divine' status, its appearance do a lot to underline this. And being one of the first angels of the series keep up the contrast between what is human and what is not. I appreciated it.

But OH MY, when I went to a retrospective in a theatre and they projected the remake version, OH MY the childhood boner

Surely the extra cash Anno at disposition played a role there more than the laziness of the previous production, as also the new techniques of animation did. And maybe they abused a little. Still the complessive design remained the same, so conceptually it still worked the way it did before. It was only more appealing.

There was only 1 Adam and it existed in the south pole, Humanity spawned off Lilith. They are called Evangelions because Eve was created from Adam just as Evangelions were originally based off Adam

It's not that hard user

It's brilliant in its simplicity. Angels learned from their defeats and that was the next logical step.
You might not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

really got me thankan

The whole point of the more abstract angels is that they're so utterly alien to humans that they just look kind of shitty. Ramiel is a good example, being by far the strangest angel in the entire series. I think they did a much better job with it in 1.0, with it probably being much closer to what Anno originally intended.

not an animu board

DUDE

Yeah, kind of the same opinion

可愛い!

Posted before I scrolled all the way down assuming nobody would have linked the exact same video, my bad.

ですよね

Sahaquiel is also utterly bizarre in the rebuilds.

youtube.com/watch?v=SSEyayuGv5o

That was satisfying to watch.

The rebuilds are great, even if you aren't a huge Eva geek. They're just well made action films with lots of gorgeous set-pieces.

Pleb.
One of the worst opinions i read on Sup Forums.

Acacia. They have some strong shit in the middle east.

the size of it is pretty unnerving toward the end

They're hideous CG bastardisations of the TV show with huge, pointless contradictions. I though Eva was decent, not great, but the movies are diabolical and the nerdrage the diehard Eva fans have for them is well justified.

>higher quality, larger budget, better animation
>concise plot without dozens of idiotic threads that never go anywhere and are never resolved because muh christian symbolism esoteric multiple perspective interpretation fan wank bullshit that the grognards are too stubborn to admit were caused entirely by the crippling budget issues present in the original series

Congratulations, user. You did it! You're a faggot. Go back to watching a still frame of three people in an elevator that runs for three straight minutes.

>higher quality, better animation
I can't tell if you're baiting or not but if you genuinely believe that the original TV series cell animation is worse than the CG video game vomit they used in the films then I call you blind.
And if you think anything in the TV series was worse than ZA BIISUTO and the implications then you're probably braindead too.

>naruto running

oh god the remakes are even worse than I thought hahahaha

Google Ophanim, they're described in the Book of Ezekial

RahXephon had a giant sphere

checkmate Eva

[Windows 95 opera MIDI intensifies]

>pseud and atheist have a religious debate
>the Bible is the only piece of Judaic literature that exists from olden times

oh you kids

So did Eva

You realize that Rebuild is multiverse bullshit that continues from the split that occurs at the end of the series/EoE, right? Think of the opening shot n 1.0 that introduces Kaworu. There's a red streak over the moon.

That said, 1.0 is largely a waste of time since it only retreads ground. 2.0 is great. 3.0 is iffy, as in, it's questionable why it even exists, it doesn't elaborate on Rebuild's new stuff and offers little for building on the original story. 2.0 is absolutely fucking great though if only for encapsulating a lot of great moments from the show with way, WAY better animation, and introducing some memorable new scenes. People could easily save themselves time and just watch 2.0, 1.0 is basically a complete retread so the viewer misses nothing if they saw the show+EoE.

>2.0 is great
>Mari

The one in the cross thats suoposed be adam wich creates the eves from (his ribs) ends up not being adam

Mari a shit, granted, but it's still a good movie. The Lance of Lazarus scene is highly memorable, very lowkey and downplayed compared to how grandiose and dramatic everything about it is in the series. Way more impactful. Some good character juxtaposition in it too.

2.0 > 1.0 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 3.0

I can hear it

>insert quote from director about how christian symbolism was used because it looked cool and had no deeper meaning

Not that user but I believe that's what they were getting at. It ended up being Lilith.

>just as Evangelions were originally based off Adam
you mean until Yui went full ego and brought Shinji back into her life just to flaunt her God complex. It's brilliant how Eva's written to coddle the sensibilities of troubled momma's boys, a 14 year old boy being the avatar and everything. Yui a shit. Gendo a underrated.

>Lance of Lazarus

Yeah because that's Lilith, Doesn't change that Evangelions are based off Adam in the south pole with the exception of unit 2

Lillith being mother of humans as well as evas is stupid, the writer just wanted le twist

>The whole point of the more abstract angels is that they're so utterly alien to humans that they just look kind of shitty.
To a degree I agree with you but no this is too abstract that it's lazy

>Longinus
lol whoops sorry Jesus, sucks

The movie The Objective did something similar to this and did it pretty well.

Lilith was the red ball, the mother of humanity, the with giant that makes the evas and also the egg eye thing
The writer didnt even know what the hell was doing at the end

Ramiel is the only thing Rebuild does better than NGE.

It's built up. Yui was as much of an abandoner as Gendo, if not more. She brought Shinji into headquarters that one time just to show her "her work" which could be argued to be her exceeding her authority and causing this to be. And it's not really a twist when the Evas are revealed to be literally incarnations of the pilots' mothers (as in female), way in advance.

Like I get that burgers get triggered by anime looking like space aliens but do you people not think the concept of outlines and summaries exists in moonland or something

>Sydney
oh really

And the white ones?

Literally 2d4u

got nothing on the monster I know of in real life. hint: it's in my pants

>better animation

Ah, yes. Look at this impeccable animation.

youtu.be/9zMN9JyF7RM?t=409

Please, thats just bad writing and making up the plot as it goes

>Literally made almost 15 years before naruto
>LMAO XD XD NARUTO RUNNING AHAHAHAA XD XD
You have to go back.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZXvNxDSOhII
Stop being silly.

>t.soyboy

>with the exception of unit 2
Unit 01, you mean. 02 is an Adam "clone".

The left is much better. What are you trying to prove here?

How old are you, user?

youtube.com/watch?v=mdU8dyjgXU0&t=47s

I too watch filthy frank and hate anime
xD

Again, you simply failed to grasp it.
Maybe read the cliff notes somewhere.

fuck