If Captain Planet got the Netflix animated series treatment, what would you want? What would be your hopes and fears?

If Captain Planet got the Netflix animated series treatment, what would you want? What would be your hopes and fears?

>Fears
Wheeler would end up even more of a ridiculous straw man that's wrong about everything and is constantly apologizing for existing

Hopes:
>earth nigga gets some personality
>wheeler doesn't become leader but fets good points
>chink gets wet for wheeler instead of russian
>russian is the lgbt to mess with oldfags
>mati geta development

Fears:
>earth nigga is boring and perfect
>Wheeler gets shit on nore.
>the chicks les out to each other
>maati is lame
>Cap loses the mullet

Didn't they say they were working on some live action movie a few months ago whatever happened to that?

I would want it to be like the old show but be more serious and have more action in it. Have Captain Planet show up more. I would have episodes that talked other serious things besides the environment .

>russian is the lgbt to mess with oldfags
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Linka/Wheeler was my first OTP

Honestly I'd just hope that Ma-Ti didn't get turned into a joke because that shit is stale and boring.

They wouldn't

It'd basically be like Aquaman in recent portrayals, but way more hamfisted; they'd go out of their way to make Heart look so cool the other four guys would look near useless

I would want the lore to be expanded. I want to learn more about CP and Gaia, the history of the rings.

That'd be just as bad.

I'd hope for more serious issues being covered like the HIV or addiction episodes
More Captains. We have Planet and Pollution. I want one based on diseases and maybe one based on drugs
A rival team of teens that uses one of the evil Captains
Wheeler and Linka to still be a teased thing
More reoccurring characters
What I'd expect
Ma-Ti to be gay
Black dude and Asian chick to hook up
Linka, Gaia and Gi to be action girls who make the guys the butt of their jokes
Girl power
Episodes rehashing recent events

If they remade it captain planet would probably be genderless/tgender

>memes

American ginger + Russian Blonde hardcore sex scenes

Well he is a straight white male...

>Hopes
Full blown cheese.
Unapologetic eco bullshit.
Solid voice acting.

>Fears
People endlessly bitching that Wheeler is an idiot.
Playing things too straight.
No mullet.

It will be another case of upper-middle class bougies telling hicks without running water to give up their pickups, all while buying a new phone every year, living in a city and consuming food from the other side of the world, because they "care about the environment".

>serious issues ... like the HIV or addiction

You mean the issues that are solved by just stopping?

>What can we do to halt HIV in the gay community?
>Tell them to stop fucking everything that moves?
>NO THAT'S VICTIM BLAMING

The same with drug addiction (which doesn't exist).

Assuming you want it to be more serious honestly I don't even think it could be done. The main reason being the villains. The reason they're so outlandishly cartoony/laughable in the way they're evil, as in polluting just for polluting's sake, was intentional. That way if a kid watching had a parent or other family figure working in Fossil Fuels or whatever Captain Planet was saying was evil that week it would be harder for the kid to see the family member as villain.

All they could do is go full cheese with the nostalgia but I don't think it'd be received as well today, it was a product of its time.

I don't think he can be more wrong than he was in the show.

>I support position X
>You should be position Y!
And In a different episode
>I support position Y!
>Position X is better!

I'm not sure you could revive Captain planet. The main appeal was it was cheesy as hell. And if you want villains who aren't, well, Captain planet villains, you're going to start demonizing actual people. Which would require intelligence to do fairly. And I don't think this is a show that could stand up if you try to compromise the morals