What did you think of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia? I'm on season 5...

What did you think of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia? I'm on season 5, watched a few episodes of later seasons including 12, and I'm wondering whether I should catch up or leave it. Alternatively tell me your favourite episodes and I'll only watch those, also /iasip/ general I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bsxiz7DFHuI
youtube.com/watch?v=8qOaZ4CQqKI
youtube.com/watch?v=mKwj3efLxbc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

season 6 and beyond is pretty bad

just watch them all faggot, theyre all good, maybe 1 or 2 meh episodes per season

It gets worse over time but not in a way that makes it unwatchable, just not exactly bingy. They rehash the same tired jokes... but every so often there's a gem. Also most ratings you'll see on places like IMDb per episode are pretty shady.
Having said this, I still look forward to every episode, and even when re-watching I still go through the latest seasons. Just like with Seinfeld, bad is relative to other episodes in the show. It's still Sunny.
Which isn't something you can say for a show like Modern Family that became a lifeless husk of what it was and just needs to die.

I agree, Sunny doesn't get bad in later seasons, just a little stale, but completely enjoyable to the end.
And yes Modern Family is awful now, I watched an episode of the last season after years of quitting the show and it was cringy as fuck. The actors have aged horribly.

Thanks

I'll try to watch some more seasons but with my lack of time I don't think it's worth it. I did enjoy season 3,4 very much tho.

Cool, thanks. Any gems you can remember?

If you have any show recommendations (given I enjoy iasip) I would be thankful.

I can't remember what happens in what episode unless they change the setting. Last season there was one where Mac and Dennis move to the suburbs and that was great.
And you mean for sitcoms? The only true recommendation would be Seinfeld if you haven't seen it already, since Sunny is basically Seinfeld but the characters are greater degenerates and it kind of drops a lot of the subtle humor that's in Seinfeld.
On a far lower tier, Modern Family was comfy as fuck for the first few seasons, as was The Office. And my nostalgia tells me to recommend Everybody Hates Chris but I haven't seen that in years now. Also Louie is great when it's an actual comedy and not some dramedy. Lastly, TWKUK (The Whitest Kids U'Know) was a great show, and you can find skits from that all over the place if you don't want to download the full episodes.
youtube.com/watch?v=Bsxiz7DFHuI
youtube.com/watch?v=8qOaZ4CQqKI
youtube.com/watch?v=mKwj3efLxbc

The Cereal Defense was my first episode I saw and it hooked me

The one where frank tries to marry the hooker is prob my favorite. I think it is called Franks Pretty Woman

This is really fantastic, if you have any other show recommendations I'm open. The genre can be anything, I enjoy horror/mystery, but can generally watch anything that entertains me. I liked the True Detective, the first few ep of Hannibal, tho I finished that just because of aesthetics. I'm watching The Orville, that's pretty fun. Anywho thank you again, I'll try to check some of those out.

That's season 7 and 8, so I guess I'll be watching them too.

DUDE SHOUTING LMAO

In that case you'll definitely enjoy that new Netflix show Mindhunter. I liked it too.
As for other shows, I'm an HBO Golden Age kid: The Sopranos, The Wire, Rome, Deadwood, Carnviale... All worthy of a two-three episode try at the very least. And if you want something lighter, I still think S1-4 of Lost are fucking amazing, and I rewatch S1 regularly. Even if you know it turns into a clusterfuck, it still has that magic of pulling you in and making you believe you're on the island and maybe, just maybe, Damon Lindeloff is burned at the stake in this timeline. For something that's pure fun and great for binging, Black Sails - it's probably my favorite out of this new historical trend, the others are poor GoT wannabes.
And though we aren't on Sup Forums, I recommend Ping Pong The Animation wholeheartedly. Yes, yes, it's weebshit and even the name sounds retarded, but it's only 11 episodes long and I can promise you it's one of the best things you'll ever see. Just pretend it's a movie and binge it.

Oh, and Boardwalk Empire is worth it as well, especially if you're into that time period and/or have an appreciation for great sets.
Come to think of it, there's a lot of shows out there worth watching at least once...

It's a damn good show, but you really can't binge it. Try to stick to one episode a week, only watch it when you're bored.

In general you can't binge comedy.

Dude, that's my favourite part

Yeah I watched Lost when it was still airing, I love it. Cool, thanks for so much input, I'll try to watch at least some of them, maybe find something that I'll love.

I did binge watch 3 seosons of it, but right now I'll try to find something else because I got so many good recommendations.

after seeing all the talk about it on Sup Forums i decided to give it a go, watched it up until half way through season 2. really isnt for me, didn't find it funny at all.
why would you lie to me Sup Forums?

I FORGOT TO PUT A TAPE IN
I FORGOT TO PUT A TAPE IN

other than a few episodes, Frank's broyher, who pooped the bed, etc. (although I don't remember other aful episodes off the top of my head) it's all great. HOWEVER, season 12 is all garbage. don't even waste your time.

You lie

I enjoyed seasons 2-6. Haven't watched a new season since 9.

don't listen to any of these plebs, it's all good up to and including the high school reunion at the end of season 7 but after that it gets dicey, you can watch after that but be prepared to be disappointed by quite a few episodes per season (although Franks Pretty Woman and The Gang Visits the Jersey Shore and the Gang Dines Out and ...Gets Quarantined are kino) and it's not really worth watching now and last season imho

Absolute trash. My friends memed me into watching it. I got through 2 seasons before I had to stop and I can count the number of times I laughed on one hand.

Every episode goes like this
>Some kind of conflict in the group
>Everyone splits into groups to do shenanigans
>Meet back up and everyone screams at each other
>The end

worthwhile episodes from season 5 on:
all of season 5 except 5x03
6x03
6x07
6x10
6x11
6x12
7x01
7x03
7x07
7x09
7x10
7x11
8x04
8x05
8x09
8x09
8x10
9x03
9x05
9x07
9x09
9x10
10x01
10x02
10x04
10x06
11x03
11x05

If you can only watch 5 episodes, then 5x09, 5x10, 7x09, 8x05, 8x09

Saw it when it came out and even accounting for the non subtle seinfeld angle hated it.
Tried again recently same result. If the shock value doesnt appeal theres nothing to it.
Opening credits are the best part.

>watching sitcoms for the plot

Got more of those captions with quotes?

Agreed. The high school reunion or alternatively The Gang Goes to Hell would have been ideal finales.

I liked it when I was younger, and it isn't terrible, but I find the writing kind of dull and uninspired, relying purely on crudeness and vulgarity. The situations aren't interesting and I don't like the way the plot proceeds

Much prefer things like Curb or even Frasier

I do, but mostly from tumblr

Thats understandable, I watch it for the characters and the memorable wacky situations.

The last 3 or 4 seasons have been really awful, almost unwatchable.

There is no creativity anymore, they are just doing it for money now. Which is why Dennis left.

4 the mare

I like the one when they split up into groups and Charlie shouts

Cool I guess I'll watch untill s7 and then drop it

Thanks, this will make the watching easier on me for sure. I'll try to go trough untill 7 and then maybe get to those episodes you listed.

That's just the formula, if you're not paying attention to what happens inbetween then I guess you'll be bored.

Did he? I think I saw him at the begining of s12, only episode I watched.

Just keep watching it all the way through. Up until season 12 there's only about 3 actually bad episodes. If you like Sunny you'll like just about all the episodes.

which ones are the terrible ones

The series definitely has its moments, it's a decent idea to continue down the pathof having the gang get more and more deranged as the series goes on but the average interactions can become tiresome especially when everyone just starts yelling at one another which happens too often. Im not a fan of Frank or Dee as well.

He won't be on the next season

Most of the ones that deviate from the traditional Sunny format
>The Gang Turns Black
>Frank's Brother
>Being Frank
>A Crickets Tale
Etc

Fake News. The whole cast is taking a year off. They all have other projects. Dennis definitely has his concerns about the show, but they are contracted for at least one more season. I really can't imagine them doing it without Dennis. They'll just wait until they figure out how to finish strong.

>all of season 5 except 5x03
The Great Recession is literally one of the funniest episodes

The gang goes to hell was way too on the nose.

You'd be better off asking which episodes not to watch, as most are pretty good, and some are subjective as to whether they're good or not.

All terrible episodes. Especially The Gang Turns Black. What the fuck were they thinking.

>He thinks season 7 isn't the most solid season of the entire show

Retard.

Numale show for people who don't know they're numales

Seasons 1-7, episodes you should AVOID:

>4x11 - The Gang Cracks The Liberty Bell (I like it but many say it's one of the worst episodes)

>5x05 - The World Series Defence

>6x08 - The Gang Gets a New Member
>6x11 - The Gang Gets Stranded In The Woods

>7x05 - Frank's Brother
>7x12+13 - High School Reunion Part 1 and 2 (the worst episodes up to this point)

Seasons 8 and beyond, most episodes here are pretty mediocre. Here are episodes that ARE worth watching:

>8x09 - The Gang Dines Out
>8x10 - Reynolds vs Reynolds The Cereal Defence

>9x01 - The Gang Broke Dee
>9x03 - The Gang Tries Desperately to Win an Award

>10x04 - Charlie Work

>11x03 - The Gang Hits the Slopes
>11x05 - Mac & Dennis Move to the Suburbs

>12x06 - Hero or Hate Crime?

You're welcome

Guys I've watched 5 seasons of a show, what should I think of it?

>I did enjoy season 3,4 very much tho.

then keep watching, what the fuck is the problem here?

>that top
Yes she has you fat whore

>In general you can't binge comedy
I binge comedy all day long but I'm not just sitting there starring at the show. If you're up and active comedy is great to binge.

>The Gang Cracks The Liberty Bell (I like it

but why

Frank heavy episodes tend to be shit unless he is paired with one of the guys
I would say the 1-7 season are all watchable except maybe frank's brother and the others linked above

kill yourself

just ask around till you find a consensus and form your opinion after that

World Series Defence is one of the best episodes. What the fuck is wrong with you?

Season 5 is the absolute peak. Only one with zero bad episodes.

Absolutely shit opinions

x01 - The Gang Broke Dee
Shit opinion
x04 - Charlie Work
It's the highest rated episode of the series on IMDB at a 9.6 and rightfully so
x03 - The Gang Hits the Slopes
x05 - Mac & Dennis Move to the Suburbs
At this point I think your whole post is bait

x09 - The Gang Dines Out
>not one of the best episodes
>mfw

>Here are episodes that ARE worth watching:
Reading comprehension user, get some.

I'll show myself out.

Nah, season 6 is still fine. Season 7 is where you could see it getting bad, and they spend more time outside of the bar than in it. Season 8 is the start of the decline, while season 9 is where you realize you aren't laughing anymore.

Being Frank is good

I've stalled on season 3. It really is just a lot of yelling and misunderstandings. The good lines are few and far between, and I can't take the headaches from the constant incessant retardation. If maybe they spoke, and didn't just have constantly perfectly tailored lines, or didn't scream for the last third of the episode, I could finish it