What's gonna be this movie's legacy? I can see it becoming a cult classic like the original

What's gonna be this movie's legacy? I can see it becoming a cult classic like the original

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6iqmIoHL74Y
youtube.com/watch?v=kGy6ZRAFW_Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's the best and the worst movie (you) will ever see

The movie made me feel every feeling in the world

Its boring as fuck

Just like your mom, in bed, last night with me haha.

Is it too fast and furious for you

It's going to be "cult" among some pseud retards whose whole frame of cinematic reference is "capeshit and Godfather" for a few years, then completely forgotten everywhere except for Sup Forums where autistic reclusive frogfaggots will praise le deep waifukino until the ends of time.

youtu.be/6iqmIoHL74Y

Isn't it quite odd how literally NO ONE ever has a singke positive thing to say about your "reviews" here, no matter the film or the thread?
Isn't it quite odd how you always just brush off everyone like "kek, reddit brainlets", have you ever considered that it is actually you and your extremely embarassing rambling videos without any qualities or valuable insights whatsoever?

You could make a "review" praising BR2049 and upload it right now and shill it here, but if you did it like any of your other reviews you would get the same amount of hate for it. Please rethink your life.

Who cares about a movie's legacy

One of the best big budget movies of the decade...which isn’t saying that much honestly but still

>calling other people pseud
>implying you understood all of the literary references

It was a great movie and thats that. nobody cared, but a certain audience appreciated it. I appreciated it. Movies like this come out only every ten years.

So lets just sit and wait for the next one.

Depends on if they run the franchise into the ground with sequels

>nobody cared
I think the people who watched it cared. There's like a billion videos online of people discussing it.

referencing other works is not a sign of intelligence or depth, otherwise video games would be the greatest piece of art on planet heart
2049 is a movie made for stupid people because every single plot point is established three times, once visually and twice by dialogue, so that even retards can follow along, and the fact that it's a slow movie is irrelevant when you consider most of the "slow" scenes are just shots of a corridor or a room with no subtleties going on at all, there's nothing to look for and no details to notice because everything is flat
Not to mention that I personally think that the main plot about a replicant pregnancy is fucking retarded in the first place, and how I didn't even think the cinematography was as good as everyone said it was, but those are just personal opinions

It's the same lesson I keep having to repeat to myself - fuck the numbers. I piss myself off when I realize I still need validation from others and I dunno that I can overcome it.

It's not referencing other Pale Fire, Pale Fire is directly tied to the theme of the movie, reading the book will help you understand the movie better.

>every single plot point is established three times
No it isn't, caring about plot is the dullest surface level analysis, but a lot of plot points and questions were actually omitted and not answered.

>is irrelevant when you consider most of the "slow" scenes are just shots of a corridor or a room with no subtleties going on at all
So slow scenes for you only work if there's something intersting to look for in the background? You've just given yourself up as the biggest of the biggest plebs, I bet Staler is your favorite movie.

what a fucking pseud, your existence is embarrassing

Referencing Nabokov isn't a sign of depth in and of itself, but taking a plot he came up with, tying it to the classic sci-fi themes of alienation felt by artificial humans, and then using Joi as a means of articulating that theme and making emotionally relatable to the viewer does make it one of the deeper high budget films made since the 70s. It's probably the best movie ever made in its budget range.

You don't seem to know the significance of the word pseud so I'm not surprised you think 2049 is deep, but yes following the plot is what the movie does for most of its run time since it has to establish each plot point three times, and yes slow scenes only have a meaning if there's something to look at. More often than not in 2049 you're just staring at flat color with nothing going on while you jerk off at how intellectual you are for enjoying flat color

>It's not referencing other Pale Fire, Pale Fire is directly tied to the theme of the movie, reading the book will help you understand the movie better.
Kek. It's funny how often retards who don't actually read preemptively "attack" with that. PF is not in any way tied to 2049.
>watching for the plot lmao
It's funny when Sup Forums tries to borrow /lit/ memes disregarding that they relate to crucial differences in respective media. Plot is absolutely central in film for rare exception of artistic character studies or "mentaries". It most certainly is central for a scifi blockbuster.
>So slow scenes for you only work if there's something intersting to look for in the background?
Yes, 30 second expose of drying paint is a prime sign of a hack larping at arthouse.

>What's gonna be this movie's legacy?
It will go down as Wojack: Future Vision

/thread should have been here

>PF is not in any way tied to 2049.
The worst kind of brainlet, the pseud brainlet.

>Plot is absolutely central in film for rare exception of artistic character studies or "mentaries". It most certainly is central for a scifi blockbuster.
Not really. It certainly wasn't for the original Blade Runner, and that's the most influential sci-fi movie. The plot really went nowhere and didn't follow conventions. This one is a little more interesting on that behalf but not the most interesting thing about it.

>Yes, 30 second expose of drying paint is a prime sign of a hack larping at arthouse.
There's a reason why the scene in the furnace was so slow. It was so fucking obvious. You don't need pretty pictures to understand and connect with that scene, well I guess pseuds do.

I R PATRICIAN PRETTY PICTURES XDD

Just got back from watching it a second time. My experience was ruined by some plebs laughing and kissing behind me. I had to change seats.

I would have appreciated 2049 a lot more if it just had a simpler plot without overt religious (demiurge /yahweh vs old nordic gods and a replicant jesus leading everyone into the future) metaphors and just focused on k as a character, which was the only good part of the film
Fans like to pretend K's arc is the only thing within the movie, but everything else around it which occupies a huge part of the movie's runtime is just fucking retarded, and even k's arc is bogged down by some awful dialogue from Madam (every single line she speaks in the movie) and Joi (ones and zeroes and a few stilted lines here and there). The plot doesen't even make any sense, since the resistance (inb4 they only appeared in one scene; their existance behind the scenes is crucial and what sets the whole plot in motion) doesen't even seem to have a plan on what to do with replicant jesus, the existance of one natural born replicant won't suddenly make them all fertile so humans can just shut down the factories and their "race" is doomed. Wallace is the one who wants to make them able to breed, but somehow he must never be allowed to do so, because otherwise it would get in the way of the hamfisted religious metaphors
The entire backstory is also TFA levels of ignoring lore, since according to 2049, one year after the original blade runner (in 2020) the tyrell corporation was somehow capable of building replicants with a human lifespan, get them approved and send them off to war, that is after tyrell (the main genious behind the whole production) died, killed by a fucking replicant none the less, and that plot point only exists because they needed to have old harrison ford in the movie while keeping the replicant mistery

Niche autist feelkino cult.

>original BR
The plot may have been unconventional, but absolutely fucking essential. Dismissing the importance of plot a priori just because you know your favorite waifukino is particularly weak in that regard is disingenuous.
>brainlet pseud patrician xDD
Yes, very compelling points, big brain intellectual.

>PF is not in any way tied to 2049.
Yeah it is. Have you read the book? It's about connections turning out to be coincidences

You're the only one talking about pretty pictures; events, plot details and subtleties were going on during the furnace scene, which isn't the case for shots of people walking down corridors with nothing in them
Also I would even argue that it makes no sense to have a slow furnace scene to give you the time to soak in the details, just to immediately reinforce them through dialogue just so retards can follow along too

Nitpick about this movie: the "constant k" quip. For one thing it betrays the impartial presentation of the whole scene up to that point. We already get the point, no need to confirm it for us

Plus it just reminds me too much of "jerome jerome the metronome" from gattaca

That's the whole movie though, why only nitpick that quip?
Every time that something is established "impartially", someone in the very next scene has a conversation just to establish that yes, what you saw was what you thought you saw
This BREAKS THE WORLD k THERES GONNA BE A WAR

>It's about connections turning out to be coincidences
KEK. That's not what PF is about at all. Fuck me it's even retarded to put a single grand point on an intricate metanarrative piece, let alone one as vague and pointless as that.

>dosen't even seem to have a plan on what to do with replicant jesus, the existance of one natural born replicant won't suddenly make them all fertile
Finding the child won't automatically make Wallace understand the processes Tyrell used to make breeding replicants. The point is that the child is a lead, and the only one they really have. It's not presented as something that will automatically lead to a mass of breeding replicants.

>one year after the original blade runner (in 2020) the tyrell corporation was somehow capable of building replicants with a human lifespan, get them approved and send them off to war
They were capable of doing that from the start, dummy. The first film made it clear that the 4 year lifespan was an insurance policy

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

So the original too then?

The entire structure of the book is the exploitation of coincidences as a way of constructing meaning. That's basically what the dissection of the cantos were about

I really liked the movie up until K met up with Deckard, then it became shit from that moment on

No it did not, it is mentioned in the opening narration but Roy and Tyrell have a lenghty back and forth on how it's impossible for him to make replicant lives longer, so I always assumed the insurance policy idea was just a cover up or white lie from tyrell (and no, I don't think he was lying to roy because roy seems pretty well informed on what he's talking about) to avoid facing his limits
Even if that were the case, replicants were already a danger by 2019, would they really approve replicants who live 70+ years for deployment within six months of the death of Tyrell by the hands of a replicant? Give me a break, the whole plot point only existed because this flick had to have harrison ford and that's it

The visuals and cinematography were breddy gud, I wish the plot had less holes though. Like why does the cypher on the horse spell Joe, when K isn't actually the child and its some girl. Is her name Josephine or something? Also why bother giving replicants the ability to procreate when you already grow them in artificial wombs?

Because that way you can have small child replicants that won't be fit for labour for at least 16 years instead of growing an adult one directly, because that's somehow faster

That is what the verses were about (put simply) you humongous pseudo-intellectual retard. What the fuck do you think the Tall White Fountain was? It was pretty simple and even explained in the book.

Well wasn't the whole thing Rachel was an older model and Tyrell was always pushing the "more human than human" stuff? I'm not surprised she's functional, he was trying to push the boundaries and limits. I'm not sure how Wallace would benefit from this information though

>"After the world's ecosystems collapsed, famine swept the Earth. With his invention of synthetic farming, Niander Wallace ('Jared Leto') ended food shortages and acquired Tyrell's remaining assets. The Wallace Company has reinvigorated the Replicant industry by producing the Nexus-9 Replicants, a new generation of artificial humans with modified behavior to make them more obedient than the older models. These Replicants have implanted memories and open-ended lifespans, and are still used for slave labor on the off-world colonies, but some are also used as Blade Runners, hunting down and 'retiring' the few remaining older models that are still at large."

It's not mentioned in the opening narration.

>but Roy and Tyrell have a lenghty back and forth on how it's impossible for him to make replicant lives longer

It's impossible to give Roy more life now that he's been made, they never say it's impossible to build a replicant with more life span, why don't you pay attention.

>Even if that were the case, replicants were already a danger by 2019, would they really approve replicants who live 70+ years for deployment within six months of the death of Tyrell by the hands of a replicant?

Ah yes, because corporate cover up and greed is just beyond our understanding right, I mean you don't even have the imagination for that?

cool vishals, chill ppl
>legacy

>why bother giving replicants the ability to procreate when you already grow them in artificial wombs?
Well, as Wallace said, he can only make so many.
Also with wombs you have a ln exponential growth of replicants in the long run, not just making them one by one. And there is no need of transporting new replicants to the off-world colonies because they can procreate themselves

>it is mentioned in the opening narration but Roy and Tyrell have a lenghty back and forth on how it's impossible for him to make replicant lives longer
I took that conversation to mean that it was impossible to make ones that are already "born" live longer. How else would you reconcile the fact that the movie flat-out states that they have a built-in 4 year lifespan?

In this scene the captain talks about it:
youtube.com/watch?v=kGy6ZRAFW_Y

They built-in the lifespan to avoid them developing their own emotions and rebelling.

>replicants were already a danger by 2019, would they really approve replicants who live 70+ years for deployment within six months of the death of Tyrell by the hands of a replicant?
There could be a billion reasons. If Wallace could develop obedient replicants post-blackout, who's to sat that Tyrell couldn't pre-blackout? Maybe there were financial incentives for them to do that the death of Tyrell didn't dissuade them from pursuing? Corporations aren't exactly responsible

>Also why bother giving replicants the ability to procreate when you already grow them in artificial wombs?
Wallace kept saying that he couldn't make enough. That was his entire motivation. They're probably more costly than just real-life procreation

Not related at all to what I'm saying which shows how much attention you were paying to both movies.
That happened later down the timeline; Bautista mentions how by 2020 he had already deserted the war, and he is an old man. The short movies also mention that the very next replicant models after 2019 already had human lifespans.
Not my point at all. Tyrell was a genious and the one pushing the industry forward. You're saying that a bunch of random scientists did better than him in six months time. Greed is one thing but ability is a different thing. Again they had replicants with human lifespans already deployed in wars by 2020, so it had to have happened immediately after the events of the original movie, because Bautista had already defected by 2020.
70 years old replicants would also be fucking useless, especially as combat models (inb4 b-but he still has super strenght as an old man; an older replicant is a lot weaker than a young one as shown in the movie, and the off world battles are established as being proxy wars between replicants, so an old man soldier replicant would be fucking useless and just a liability to have around since you trained him for combat and use of weaponry)
That plot point serves no porpouse whatsoever within the movie other than justifying how deckard can be both 70 years old and maybe be a replicant as well

It was never an issue to make them with human lifespans, the issue was they would get too much experience and independent thought as they got older. That's why they had four year lifespans.

Hi, we are replicants

dude delete this video. it sucks

ok, again explain to me why they would send replicants with human lifespans in wars in 2020 when there's no pratical use for a 70 years old man in battle and he only becomes more of a liability when you trained him for use of weaponry and combat besides having fucking harrison ford in the new movie

Is this the same guy who keeps posting the Arrival review?
I mean if these are your "reviews" you clearly have some form of mild autism (not fucking with you here, just being 100% straight) and should get some help, but if you're playing a character or just posting someone else's videos and pretending to be the guy that's funny as shit

You're assuming that they specifically made them to last 70 years, rather than just removed any artificial limit to their lifespan and allowed them to age like normal humans

>the level of mental gymnastics
God, if you just read an answer on quora at least don't fucking expose yourself so overtly.
>one subplot in a complex metanarrative novel
>this is what the book is about

I am not, I'm just using 70 years as an example of an old man
Why wouldn't they limit soldier replicants at 40 or 45 years instead of letting them grow old with knowledge on how to use weapons and a higher strenght and pain treshold than a human being if not for having fucking harrison ford in the new movie

Because then the owners can decide when the replicants stop being useful? A very logical decision. At least in theory because they were discountinued probably because Tyrel corp was a big mess after his death.

I wonder if people will still be talking about this movie after 30 years.

Wew, they really covered up Ford's hairline in the film

A lot os done to convince K that he is the child, including that I would assume. He was being used and they went a long way to make it seem convincing. The replicates procreating seems to have been both an experiment by Tyrell on the one hand, done for the sheer purpose of science and discovery and "playing god", and on the other its desired by replicants because it gives them reproductive autonomy.

It's already considered superior to the original by patrician viewers

>I didn't understand the book, but I know the word "metanarrative"

pseuds gonna pseud

>>the level of mental gymnastics
What I said is literally true. Good non-response though

its a nice movie to fall asleep to 2/3rds in

Yes.
>remember that garbage BR sequel by Nolan 2.0 that critics fellated so badly?
>oh right. I had an autistic acquaintance that loved it. killed himself two decades ago.

thank you, didnt open the link but youtube reviewers are pathetic.

It isn't. It's like saying Inception is tied to Zettel's Traum because they're both about dreaming.
>I didn't read the book, but I can keep pretending by parroting random shit and calling people pseuds

>get explained over and over again what the connections are and why that verse was used as the baseline test
>DUDE YOU JUST DONT GET IT METANARATTIVE LMAO IT CANNOT BE UNDERSTOOD

kys my pseud

You raise some good points here. The movie isn't without issues especially within the realm of the story itself. It's more interesting than most films within the budget it was given and I think the money was put to good use on screen. I certainly enjoyed it more than TFA.

autist and film school students eventually decide what will be remembered, they will make this movie into the new blade runner in 20 years

>You raise some good points here.
No he doesn't.

I hope Dune is good

>Blade Runner 2049
>guy thinks his special due to some coincidence
>turned out to be wrong
>is crushed

>Pale Fire
>John Shade is obsessed with a white fountain he and a complete stranger he read about saw
>turned out the fountain he read about was a spelling error and he invested a bunch of meaning into a coincidence
>is crushed

cult classic among the IMDB reddit 15-30 yo demo. Like Nolan films, basically.

Non-retards have already forgotten about the film, just like they don't care about TDK, Interstellar etc.

I liked it better than the original.

It is better

At a minimum, I was annoyed with the dialogue from Madam. Her line about the wall and kind made me groan when it was in the trailer. I didn't like most of what she said. She legitimately sounded more autistic than K. The movie does suffer from redundancies because (i'm assuming) it doesn't trust the average movie goer to follow the plot unless it's beaten over their head.

The bit with the replicant resistance not wanting Wallace to find the first naturally born is reasonable... I'm assuming they fear he'll dissect her or turn her life into hell. Additionally, Wallace was looking for a way to naturally replicate via birth while still maintaining absolute control over them. It wouldn't be true autonomy for these almost human replicants.

My biggest complaint about the film is the way the bait and switch about the "chosen one" means asking the audience to care about such a cliched plot for nearly two hours before we learn the truth. It makes for a great twist, but too much of the film had me way ahead of K learning he was "the one." I feel like it would be even worse in a rewatch

>Jerome Jerome The Metronome

Shit, that's a good comparison, and I love both scenes for the reason you hate them. They're both hypnotic with the main character remaining calm under extreme duress and they're gently contrasted by some other character who's just going about their day and finding a little bit of admiration from this wonder, this secret struggle the protagonist is undergoing that no one will ever truly know about. That shit feels real to me.

The problem with all of Nolan's films is that they're made by a humorless autist with medium directorial skill. Nolan also lacks the ability to write or create characters that feel like anything other than devices to drive the plot forward. Something about his characters suck probably because they're written by a real life robot. Except for Bane.

Blade Runner was only 'cult' for like 3 years after it's release. It got a sequel because it's universally revered nowadays. Jesus Christ Sup Forums is plebbus maximus

>lamo that one fountain thing did you even liek read pseud pseud PSEUD
>"explained over and over"
Please stop replying, you're lowering the IQ of the whole board by 20 points every time you do.
>tiny subplot that takes up 1/10th of the Shade's work and is unimportant in Botkin's supranarrative
>DUDE THATS LIKE THE DISSECTION OF THE WHOLE CANTOS
Kek. Why do you people insist on commenting about works you clearly haven't read?

We really need a Final Cut of this film.

>killed himself two decades ago.
I don't think I've ever heard someone speak the word "decade" in casual conversation.

That's the future where everyones life revolves around Sup Forums memes and everyone knows what a pleb and a patrician is, and in what context to use Nolan in

It's a fairly common word. Don't live in a prole shithole maybe?

I actually loved it in Gattaca, it felt a lot more appropriate. I don't have a problem with "stuff like that" in general it just fucked with the tone of BR for me

I did not get that at all from the movie. Why would you assume that it's such a big deal that a replicant can have a baby naturally? None of this is common sense to us because the BR universe is so far out

I was quoting lines from the movie actually

Yes but you're saying it's not needed to tell us why this is so important...but it is because these are pretty far out concepts and they need to impress that it's a big deal

i hardly can see anything become a cult-classic these days. not for lack of quality but for lack of interest and excitement for things.. is it just me or is boredom/apathy the defining characteristic of mankind today?

The kino which was the dawn of The Waifu Age.

Another overrated piece of shit from the 2010s

The only film that will be remembered from this decade is Tree of Life

How can it be remembered when it's already forgotten?

What about The Great Beauty? The Hunt? The Embrace of the Serpent? Leviathan?
Only if we're talking about the general public, then they'll remember Avengers and TFA for life

>Leviathan
>good
It's boring and prosaic. Literally the only reasons it's lauded is the anti-Russian sentiment.

>be stormfag
>waste your entire life on spamming shit on a vietnamese finger painting forum instead of working towards a carrier
>wonder why are there so many liberals and jews in the industry instead of people like you

Would you elaborate on that? Because I think that's probably my favorite scene in BR2049. It felt very real to me because growing up a boy goes through trials where their just told their feelings don't matter. What is it like to hold your child in your arms? Doesn't matter. Do you dream about holding the hand of someone you love? Doesn't matter, etc. Oh it matters sometimes, when the world needs it to matter to you, but sometimes it doesn't and the world needs you to be a man. Oh hey, constant k, what a man. Here's your paycheck.

Women didn't like it, so I doubt it