I'm not sure if this is the appropriate board but does Sup Forums like Godzilla resurgence? Or kaiju movies in general?

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate board but does Sup Forums like Godzilla resurgence? Or kaiju movies in general?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uJMDyWH_ZmE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't care about kaiju in general but Shin Gojira was my favorite movie of 2016

What was your favorite part of it, user?

>DUDE NUKES ARE BAD LMAO

No thanks. I like movies that understand subtlety.

t. brainlet

I liked the first half. The movie nose-dives after Godzilla falls asleep.

Resurgence was really good. One of the best Godzilla films. My biggest complaint was that it got really slow after Godzilla destroyed Tokyo and had to recharge. They should have trimmed 15 minutes out of that portion of the film.

Shin Godzilla is the only good monster movie to come out recently.

Yeah, but he shot a laser out of his tail so it's fine.

You didn't like 2014, eh?

What about Colossal?

el monstruo....

>>DUDE NUKES ARE BAD LMAO
>No thanks. I like movies that understand subtlety
I could never imagine being this much of a brainlet

Was it autism?

ditto

the score and acting

Oh cool, a shin godzilla thread, I just watched the movie last night.

>TFW The soundtrack "who will know" is actually from godzilla's point of view
>He's just a confused and scared creature that is constantly suffering

Yeah, I'd be confused and scared to if I just popped into existence and my body was constantly changing and evolving to adapt to anything that is even remotely harmful to me.

>A shaft of light is all I need to cease the darkness killing me

That's a really cool way of saying "I shoot lasers out of my fucking mouth"

It was shit
The whole thing was an anti-American propaganda film while pretending the Japanese are some perfect spotless angels. It even has the insanity of an American-Japanese person turning on her home country to rejoin Japan

Clearly a 16 year old hipster. Go back to talking about that book your English teacher gave you, brainlet.

Classy. as. fuck.
I'd say Kaiju was a bigger love of my childhood than even Star Wars.

>The whole thing was an anti-American propaganda

America helped Japan fight Godzilla though. The movie is a commentary on bureaucracy in Japan. The original 1954 version of Gojira was more anti-american than anything

>Japanese are some perfect spotless angels

Again, it's a criticism on japanese bureaucracy

>It even has the insanity of an American-Japanese person turning on her home country to rejoin Japan

What are you talking about? Her whole motivation is that she wants to be the president of the USA

>

Plus, the Japanese have such great values, them and enlightenment Europe.

I liked it a lot.
Real nice seeing Godzilla go back to the roots like that. This is what it is supposed to be: Scary as fuck.

>scary as fuck
>when turkey godzilla is in it

Idiot. It's
>Nukes and Nuclear energy are bad

Where did Shin Godzilla even come from? A character makes a passing comment that he might have come from nuclear energy but they never explain that. Why did his lasers come out of his tail? How come they spent literally forty minutes before they begin to even fight godzilla? What were the weird monsters coming out of his tail?

Nacho has made one good movie and it isn't that one.

I haven't seen it yet but I love it

that thing is even scarier than his final form if you ask me

Hes a big mutated mass of agonized flesh.
Gets power from nuclear fission somehow, details don't matter.
Initially vented excess heat production from his mouth when he was injured, adapted to efficient offensive beam.
Entire movie was about how bureaucracies in general, and japans response to fukishima specifically, are untimely, poorly coordinated and inefficient. It is no accident that the actual fight was foreshadowed by office politics and dicking around.
Shin adapts to anything thrown at him. Ultimately he is defeated by a committee, and so he adapts a committee of his own: the smaller, humanoid monsters coming off his tail.

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

which kaiju is best boy

Oh okay.
What about that deleted scene where there's blobs of flesh with eyeballs and teeth? Is that supposed to be him reproducing?

Anno is a genius.

Destroyah. He dindu nuffin.

Dunno if it is supposed to be canon, but it could just represent the stage that came before the ayylmaos. Each adaptation that was useful for shin was mirrored by an earlier, less useful "mutation". The blobs could as to the tail beings as the first (red) flame was as to his atomic breath

Literally, the Japanese Zack Snyder

based dropped poster

Nigga Sup Forums released a Blu Ray rip and several anons got together and created hand-crafted subtitles for this movie, those Shin Godzilla threads were beautiful

POST YOUR FUCKING FACE WHEN

>Whole movie about America helping the japs clean their mess
>Things get out of control and the whole fucking world decides to nuke Tokyo
>Japs obviously dont want to get their country nuked again

REEEEEEEEEE ANTI-MURRIKA PROPAGANDA!

I liked it

Seeing this shit in a cinema was fucking powerful

Is there finally a full torrent? I saw it twice in theaters and I've been waiting for a version that didn't cut out those 20 minutes.

Think of it like fleshy kudzu. Or a cancer.

I honestly couldn't tell you anymore, I know there were a bunch of mega links for subs and the rip itself, but they're long dead. I think the subs might still be available on nyaa or something? It's been a good couple months, that whole thing was earlier this year.

Angarus.

He's in my top three directors of all time. He can literally do no wrong. I used to hate anime, then I watched Neon,, and became a Japanese film fan overnight.

youtube.com/watch?v=uJMDyWH_ZmE

>No,no monster is scarier when you don't see it
Yeah, sure. Found footage films are cinematic masterpieces.

>those disgusting gills on his throat
>those glossy lifeless eyes
>that skin covered in tumors
>the way he has to awkwardly shuffle just to move around

There was an overhead shot of godzilla in his small form that really grossed me out. They way he was just sort of dragging himself along the debris looked really unnatural.

Bryan Cranston is based, though...
I hate Aaron, not because he's Jewish, but because his acting sucks. He only gets work because tumblrtards think he's cute.

Biolante is a girl. Does she count? If not, Destroyah.

Oh, yeah. He looks derpy in screenshots, but he's fucking creepy if you see him in motion.

Was it ever explained what the fuck was up with Godzilla's tail and the skeletons growing from it?

>dumping blood out of his gills to cool down

It was his next form, a humanoid hivemind species.

Really? Are you trying to cheat me Dolan?

It's implied he was adapting to become the thing which beat him - a collective of smaller creatures.

I like to think at least one got off and is creeping around the city now.

>we will never get to see Godzilla split in half and reproduce asexually
>we will never get to see godzilla literally turn into a literal god and absorb humanity

The concept art was cool

Fuck, I typed literally twice. Now I look like an retard. Sorry.

Godzilla was evolving throughout the entire film. Do the math.

fucking anno

That sounds pretty cool actually

>we will never get true OP Godzilla because my fellow ameritards couldn't grasp the concept of him being an actually powerful being
HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>shin godzilla was a single celled organism that began rapidly mutated from nuclear waste
>he also assimilated with different life forms, which is why he looks somewhat like an aquatic creature
>The scientist who studied Godzilla in 1954, Goro Makai, committed suicide right before Godzilla emerged.
>mfw Godzilla assimilated with Goro Makai, making Godzilla slightly human.

More OP Godzilla, taking a stab to the fucking heart

Possibly the greatest feat by Godzilla of all time, killing a confirmed multi-versal being, the God Mountain

Based lizard king

Remember when Godzilla went to hell? That was fucking rad.

More feats, Godzilla smashes Ghidorah's head in

>mfw people thought those eyes looked "unrealistic"
>probably the same people who think Mothra "looks like toy"

fucking brainlets piss me off

>oso.gif
QUIERO ESE PINCHE OSO

Alright thank you anyway. I will probably end up just buying the Blu-Ray because this movie is fucking brilliant.

Random Godzilla related shit from my folder
>we will never see this

Hollywood. Take notes.

So could Eva unit 01 beat Shin Godzilla?

Not sure about shin, but he's fucked against comic-Godzilla, especially the God Mountain killer

I always pirate. This movie has earned my money. My only regret is that I can't sneak some into the director's pocket.

Is that Varan being kicked?

Yeah

>I wear a void. Not even hope. A downward slope is all I see

What did Godzilla mean by this?

Probably.

I guess while we're here, anons, what are your hopes from the Monsterverse?

I just want a remake of Kong vs Godzilla. I don't care if it's as slow and boring as 2014. I just want Godzilla to crush Kong.

Was Monster Planet any good?

That it doesn't end after Godzilla vs Kong

>I just want Godzilla to crush Kong.
Dear lord this, but I feel like they'll still have Kong win due to "MUH MURICA xDDDD" bullshit

Reminder that God-Mountain killer Godzilla is at the bare minimum Beerus, The Destroyer level. Meaning Godzilla > Super Saiyan God, Blue, Merged Zamasu, Toppo, and Golden Frieza

I've never read a Godzilla comic in my life. What's the god mountain?

Yes because Godzilla doesn't have an AT Field

Actually, he could evolve to have an AT field if Eva 01 used it to kill him.

>Pic related is an author of the Godzilla in Hell series, where this takes place