Are mainstream retards finally waking up?

Are mainstream retards finally waking up?

This year is a box office disaster. Unless new Star Wars makes 2 billion $ it'll kick Hollywood profits back a decade.

Other urls found in this thread:

screenrant.com/justice-league-box-office-profit-warner-bros/
motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/wnjmnw/in-this-japanese-game-defeating-enemies-gives-you-bigger-boobs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Beauty and the Beast
>Thor Ragnarok
>GotG2
>Spiderman Homecoming
>TLJ

Bad year for Hollywood but damn good year for Disney.

More like the mainstream doesn't want to watch anything but marvel flicks, but at the same time are getting tired of them.

every year is a good year for based disney

spidey for sony

Hollywood is dying
We anime now

No, if anything this year proves remakes and capeshit is the only thing that will make money.

Disney will own a monopoly in a decade, every studio is racing to create their own cinematic universe and are failing

>fucking rogue one made more than force awakens

JUST

If you remove Star Wars every year since 2014 would be a -5% drop.

MCU is doing good but they are slowly going down too. No MCU movie was able to reach first Avengers. If SW starts under performing it's over.

>No MCU movie was able to reach first Avengers
That's a hard benchmark

Compare Thor's box office to the previous Thor, all of Disney shit is making a shit ton. If it weren't for Disney, this year would be even more dismay, in fact if it weren't for Capeshit in general, this year would be abysmal.

They still have Star Wars left this year too.

2019 would be crazy.
Avengers 4 and Episode IX.

How about that ESPN fiasco though?

>MCU is doing good but they are slowly going down too. No MCU movie was able to reach first Avengers. If SW starts under performing it's over.

What kind of logic is that? If you make a shitload of money that is 5% less than the shitload of money you made last year, then you still make a shitload of money that year. They'd have to start losing money on those movies for it to become a problem and not even WB is losing money on the DCEU yet.

Justice League might lose money, it needs like what 600 mil to break even and didn't break 100 in opening which is worse cause that's when studios get their biggest cut

>ticket price rises 3-5% every year
So much for 2% inflation

Maybe they should make better movies? There's demand for these things, but they fuck em up. I wanted to see a good mummy reboot, but not some horse shit, kurtzman, orci? Nah, count me out.

Disney pushes hack sparrow in pirates. They act like orland and keira teases matter. You know what people liked from those movies? The fucking pirates. They've dropped their ensemble cast cause and push a character to be a title character in what should be a supporting role.

Point is, its show business, they're selling ideas and not trying to making good films or really look at what captures peoples interest. They just want buzz, attention and sales. More people are starting to see through that, especially if they have to invest more money to see films in theaters. You watch a movie on netflix/amazon whatever, you can turn it the fuck off or watch something else if it sucks. Theaters cant compete with this and they're not competing by making the best entertainment, so they're losing.

But every Marvel movie is a team up movie now. Why would Avengers stand out?

Tomorrowland, The Lone Ranger, and John Carter weren't that long ago

Ragnarok is a team-up movie not a solo movie. Compare it with Civil War instead.

In what world does Justice League only need 600m to break even?

Those movies need to make 500 million before even turning profit. They make much less $ than you think.

Wow. Anti-Disney quints. Bob Iger btfo

>There's demand for these things
demand for what, capeshit flicks? no, you silly little nigger. these garbage movies are fucking exactly what you deserve. they what these studios think of you when they make them. the quality is a reflection of the people who watch this shit

>A teamup movie
there's no such thing. Take your no-true-scotsman fallacy and be a faggot somewhere else.

Civil War had RDJ which will always increase pull in China, Thor had Mark Ruffalo, I think they have different pull.

Besides, Thor hasn't even finished it's box office run yet, so far its still doing much better than the previous Thors and can pace to even out with Civil War.

I think its ridiculous to compare Antman, Black Panther and GOTG to any Marvel with RDJ, the point still stands that Marvel capeshit is making a lot.

The things bombing this year isn't capeshit, its Valerian, it's King Arthur, it's Blade Runne

I'm just going with this figure, it probably needs more but it does need a shit ton

screenrant.com/justice-league-box-office-profit-warner-bros/

>they are slowly going down too.
Part of the problem is the cast's paycheck. RDJ is the obvious example but SAG rules say you have to be offered more for reprising your role in a franchise. So Hemsworth, evans, scarjo, arrowman have all been in multiple marvel movies, which means their paychecks start to baloon.

The three disney movies I actually enjoyed...

Justice league is a toy commercial. The money made from the film is mostly to penetrate the market on merchandise. This wasn't Argo where the movie has to sell itself, this a different movie where its success can be measured differently. They're considering a power rangers sequel based on merch sales. Cars 2 was funded entirely on merch sales. They're toy commercials.

I never once mentioned capeshit in my post. nice to know the image triggered you though

The film medium is dying, everyone moved to watching mostly TV shows and even big (as in starred in successful movies with good critical reception) actors and directors are now in TV shows

Very nice.

>Steven Spielberg on Wednesday predicted an "implosion" in the film industry is inevitable, whereby a half dozen or so $250 million movies flop at the box office and alter the industry forever.

Is full 120 minutes movies going the way of Operas?

He already fucked all the kids he wanted while working for hollywood.

absolutely, I've already heard people describe a 110 minute movie as very long

Culture of instant gratification is slowly choking back the profits.

And the left is doing everything it can to kill it and smear people as "apropriating Japanese culture" because of Japan's insistence in not letting the left take over and dictate content to them.

motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/wnjmnw/in-this-japanese-game-defeating-enemies-gives-you-bigger-boobs

>Steven Spielberg on Wednesday predicted an "implosion" in the film industry is inevitable
He's literally been saying this for over a decade at this point.

>based disney
Kill yourself.