Why is she called Typhoid Mary if her powerset is shooting fire/psychic stuff instead of spreading disease?

Why is she called Typhoid Mary if her powerset is shooting fire/psychic stuff instead of spreading disease?

another stupid quality thread here on Sup Forums

she's a toxic person who hurts and ruins anyone who gets too close to her. her powers aren't the disease. she is the disease. notice how everytime a hero gets duped into helping her, all the other heroes react like they've started rolling in toxic sludge as a hobby

IIRC there was more of a focus on her having mental suggestion powers early on that she used to mess people up. I think the idea was supposed to be more that she spreads madness and misery around like its a disease, which certainly dovetails with the whole 80s grimdarkness. isn't really far off the mark in my opinion.

Becausea you touch yourself at night lmoa

I am pretty sure that on several occasions she has met people like jean and emma who said she was actually a reasonably powerful telepath but crippled by being batshit insane and not having any training.

Of course if she shows up on Netflix they will probably retcon her being a mutant.

Her presence is actually suppose to make you feel feverish and light headed. It's part of her telepathic seduction process. Look at her debut story, where she's brainwashing the black gangbanger to be her moll.

because it's fucking funny that a character exists called Typhoid Mary

Because she likes to sleep around and probably has one or more sexually transmitted diseases.
It's not anything to do with her powers.

She gives you fever.

It's her pyrokinesis, she makes her presence a bit hot so that people around her would feel like they caught a fever or something.

Also, a reference to Mary Mallon.

She still has that mental suggest ability in Avengers Initiative except apparently it takes a lot out of her to use.

IIRC her powers are tied to multiple personalities- isn't it just that, like the original Typhoid Mary, she is asymptomatic. All her weird powers and shit aren't really under her control so she's just bumbling around doing all this damage but sometimes there's this weaker more normal seeming persona that seems safe/redeemable to the protagonists

Try reading the words that are written on the page you posted.

So why not simply train herself in her weak persona so self-control improves?

Always loved this look. 80's as fuck!

Looks like Somebody googled Nocenti after seeing her name in the womynz thread...

They were in for a wild ride.

Marvel dropped the ball with her. Its obvious she was the template for Harley Quinn.

Eh, she's a Daredevil villain and there was never a Daredevil cartoon and the movie was obviously going to use Kingpin, Bullseye, and Elektra.

???

I haven't seen a typhoid mary thread in months if not years. There was a thread about women in comics that Nocenti's name popped up in earlier today or last night and next thing I know theres a thread about good old Typhoid Mary.

Not hating, and it's clearly an assumption, but it was fair enough to propose.

Poor wallet. It was two days away from retirement.