Why did both armies just charge into one another?

Why did both armies just charge into one another?

Because Sheev used the dark side to make everyone in the galaxy stupid, which includes the strategists.

Nolan paid homage to this in TDKR.

It was in the script.

The force. Lucas truly was a mastermind.

who the fuck wants to watch a battle where they just shoot at eachother with computer controlled artillery from across great distances

because the army that has the force on its side will win anyway

The CIS didn't care about casualty figures since they could just recycle the knocked out droids

Because its faster and both were expandable, droids vs clones you know

Because Star Wars is fantasy not sci fi.

That's not the Force works!
Because that's what happened at the start of Empire.

>robots vs clones

Because ion canons and shields prevent orbital bombarding so they have to swarm the base

watch those wrist rockets!

They've sent in the supers!

Who the hell wants to watch a battle between expendable robots and expendable clones?

Everyone before rlm

>remember as a kid every adult I knew shat on the films
>rlm invented not liking the prequels

k

Not liking the prequels doesnt meant not liking the clones vs droids wich is what we were talking about

Maybe a part of not liking the prequels is having the revolve around a war no one is interested in, two brain dead forces fight it out! edge of your seat stuff.

Right. The originals all had expendable faceless storm troopers that are functionally identical to the clones and no one cardd
The new ones have faceless storm troopers that are functionally identical tot the clones and no one cares
Growing up is realizing that RLM is pretty hacky and really reach in their desperation to feel superior to everything despite their bafflingly showcased lack of talent and creativity in cringey skits

Why were the casualties only in the thousands and hundreds of thousands instead of the millions and hundreds of millions it would take to win a war where everyone stood in formation and shot each other with infinite ammo lasers?

Nah. Born in '83, grew up with the OT. Was beyond hype for Episode I, and despite thinking the design of the battledroids was great, I instantly understood they were the "bad guys" just so there would be no issue of morality as our heroes slice them in half. I mean its a Nazi/Zombie tier enemy, but somehow murderbots make shambling reanimated corpses look intelligent.

Watch that battle droid!

>a war no one is interested in
I think everyone has been curious since ANH dropped the name.
The execution was the problem.

I think it was about taxation.

>war no one is interested in
that's the beauty of it. It's a fake war to mask what is happening in the shadows. That's why Palpatine made sure it was fought between droids and clones. He orchestraded the whole thing to distract the galaxy. Jesus you're fucking retarded.

When do they state numbers? The kaminoans talk about units that could very well be divisions

Nigga we all know that tge emperor was going to win anyway, thats what happens when you make a prequel

cartoons and EU stuff, most planets only field a few hundred thousand troops

Arr you really oposed to the idea of galactic companies having droid armies? Is it that alien to you? It makes perfect sense

It was just a line in ANH, yes people were interested because it could have been pretty much anything, it was the mystery that got people thinking not the actual war that was in the prequels, its not like ObiWan outlined the actual war and people were hooked by the idea.

it was called the clone wars. That literally implies one thing. Did you want clones fighting non clones? watch the originals then cause it's basically the same thing. Just pretend the storm troopers are clone troopers.

Budget reasons, same reason anh had one star destroyer, esb 5 and rotj 20
But look at the space battle of coruscant

You know how the first movie opens with a the tiny rebel ship chased by the giant star destroyer being boarded by stormies who massacre fucking everyone? That's called establishing a threat. It turns out to make enemies scary you have to, at some point, show them accomplish something rather than just dying in a second.

Also star destroyers couldnt get inside planets so just by taking or protecting a shield generator you conquered it

>The originals all had expendable faceless storm troopers that are functionally identical to the clones and no one cardd

They didn't fight expendable faceless Rebels though, thats the difference, and even at that the storm troopers did occasionally show more personality than the clones.

They take naboo in a minute

oh so you wanted it to be the exact same? I hope you're not a nu-wars hater cause that would be ironic

You have gungans and nabooans then jedis in aotc, not really faceless

>That literally implies one thing.
That clones are somehow an important factor in the war, theres a lot you can do with this, it just takes a bit of creativity.
>Did you want clones fighting non clones?
Well technically thats what we got, if your implying a war between humans and clones I don't see the problem, I don't really care though as long as theres a war I can get invested in.

>I need to see white people dying to care about
If only you cared the same about real life demographics

> I hope you're not a nu-wars hater cause that would be ironic

Why? the prequels were shit and so was ep7

It's not a bug, it's a feature!

>that's the beauty of it

Christ its just a proxy war everyone figured out within 5mins, are prequel fags really this easy to please?