Justice League chill discussion thread

No shitposting, get comfy and post whatever.

As Armond points out so vividly in his review, the Themyscira scenes in Justice League had a majesty and grace that the Amazon scenes in Wonder Woman could only gesture at. In WW they looked like LARPing cosplayers. In JL they actually looked like the female equivalents of the 300.

Why is that?

Previous:

You bad goys better not start talking about how many Justice League cast members are Jewish!

>Why is that?
Because Jenkins is nowhere as talented with a camera as Zack is. The man defied cinema conventions with 300.

It seems like Cyborg was the deus ex machina in this movie.

Finds the enemy base, makes ships fly faster, splits the cubes, literally heals legs that are torn off him in seconds.

What does flash do? He runs.

Say no more

That scene was pure Snyder, I doubt Whedon had anything to do with that. The whole hammer-wall thing was awesome.

flash is not a warrior yet, he is baby tier

did the two holding the door die?

Apparently like 15 minutes more of Cyborg's character arc was cut, but he was meant to be the heart of the film before Joss reduced him to a plot device
Feel bad for the actor, he was super passionate about the role too :/

Cyborg was unironically the only good member of the league. Maybe he refused doing Whedon's quips or something because he's the only one you could take seriously.

I'm just glad the Snyder trilogy was able to be completed. It's not perfect, and Whedon got in the way a little, but I hope an extended cut comes out with the missing material obviously cut. Now that the Snyder movies are done, I hope the following movies do their own thing.

The only thing Whedon did with that scene is cut it needlessly down and have some generic Elfman garbage play instead of Junkie's thrilling chase music. Snyder actually filmed it. The women playing the Amazonians were upset on twitter that their parts had been so cut down from what Snyder wanted.

It was actually an even cooler, more intense scene, but they shortened it
Steppenwolf tramples through more Amazons and contaminates one so she starts to turn into a parademon, but she seppukus before it can fully take effect
They removed it because nothing bad can happen in blockbuster movies anymore

Also, the History Lesson Kino was originally meant to be ten minutes(!) and open the film. The Old Gods had dialogue and characterization, and Steppenwolf's motives and Apokoliptian ties were clearly laid out

I have such contempt for that numale cuck

I wish this film never to have come out and the series ending with Superman dying in BvS. This wasn't Snyder. Some of the scenes were rough cuts of what he made but Whedon's disgusting hack fingers reached far and wide. This is rape.

>Cyborg was unironically the only good member of the league.
I liked Aquaman in the beginning and underwater, but as soon as he joined the team he was just filler.

I hope his movie will turn out good.

Female friend got triggered there was butt shots of wonder woman

We're defending Junkie XL now?

That's why I want either all of Snyder's deleted footage on the blu-ray, or some kind of extended cut that puts all of his finished work put back in. From the response WB is getting right now and that petition asking for it, it's going to happen.

>Steppenwolf tramples through more Amazons and contaminates one so she starts to turn into a parademon, but she seppukus before it can fully take effect

Sounds based

>Also, the History Lesson Kino was originally meant to be ten minutes(!) and open the film. The Old Gods had dialogue and characterization, and Steppenwolf's motives and Apokoliptian ties were clearly laid out

HOLY FUCKING SHIT eternal curse upon Whedon and the suits who allowed this. Poor Zack.

>Also, the History Lesson Kino was originally meant to be ten minutes(!)
Damn. It was like shorter than a minute in the actual film.

Also no Lex? I liked him in BvS with his metaphorical riddle speaks. It was a nice way to foreshadow future events disguised as a maniac's mumbo jumbo.

We will likely get a 15-20 min longer version, but I doubt we'll ever get a "Snyder cut"

>Why is that?

Snyder doesnt have a male gaze just Kinovision

what butt?

imdb still lists Snyder as JL2 director

WB won't allow Snyder's full cut to be released. I don't doubt we'll get the deleted scenes though. Maybe someone will be kind enough to release a "Snyder edition" online. Only time will tell though.

>he joined the team he was just filler.
I like him until Superman became good and he just went YEAH MY MAN OH YEAH!

What's wrong with Junkie? The scores for MoS and BvS are top notch.

>roastie indoctrinated by cultural marxism gets triggered by the female form

roasties not even once

>Slow mo
>Closeups
>Feats of strength from jacked up people

Yeah this is full Snyder

I repeat: making the motherboxes so big was stupid. They look goofy as fuck running with that shit.

Man that sounds great.

The amazons felt so powerless against steppenwolf, something didn't feel right.

>'m just glad the Snyder trilogy was able to be completed

No it wasn't, barely half of his movie is left.
Whedon also completely reshot the ending

That depends if he wants to come back. Regardless of what other people like to say, WB actually likes Snyder. They offered to postpone the release date of Justice League for him. It's now just a matter if he's up to doing it after all this.

>Steppenwolf tramples through more Amazons and contaminates one so she starts to turn into a parademon, but she seppukus before it can fully take effect
>History Lesson was originally meant to be ten minutes(!) and open the film. The Old Gods had dialogue and characterization, and Steppenwolf's motives and Apokoliptian ties were clearly laid out

Holy fuck that sounds great
WB/Whedon are fully retarded

10 minutes of that battle with betetr defined characters would be amazing, what fucking retard decided to remove it?

I need that footage reee

Lex was meant to be in the movie proper, not just turn up at the aftercredits out of nowhere

>Batman and Wonder Woman visit Lex Luthor at Arkham Asylum to learn more about Kryptonian scout ship and whether it can be used to revive Superman. Lex refuses to comply and threatens Batman until Batman swiftly breaks one of his fingers. Lex then submits and promptly gives Batman all the information he needs.

Man I would have loved to see this cunts finger broken.
Such a horrible actor choice for this character.

Seriously, the progression on these characters is beyond broke. We've got a DKR era Batman, Year One Flash and Cyborg, and God knows what Aquaman and Superman. The only one that seems right is Wonder Woman, but that's only because we know jack about her still besides the WW1 stuff.

Oh yea, the original film actually lays the basis for resurrecting Supes and it's something that's carefully considered, pursued as a major plot arc, and it's risks and benefits are weighed before Bruce gets desperate enough to make the call
In the theatrical version it is this context-less deus ex machina that's empty as hell and doesn't provide the foundation for him to come back so violent and aggressive

They have at least five months to fix the no-stache before blu-ray release.

Somebody needs to tell WB to fix that shit because other than that the mocie is great. But I don't eant to lkeep looking at that fucking lip for the next 40 years dammit.

FIX YOUR SHIT WB

Make a petition.
Bombard them with emails.

I wanted Denzel Washington as Lex. Shit would have been GOAT.

pretty much yeah

lol I can see it

Problem, user?

>maniac's mumbo jumbo
there's more behind his psychotic babbling than just 'foreshadowing'

kinda like mumbo jumbo babble with certain.... types of people irl

So is everything but Aquaman being put on hold after how bad this bombed? I wasn't crazy about it, but it wasn't as bad as people say. My brother is super into it though so I'm wanting to give him some hope lol.

This ass cheesy scene cost them like 25m dollars. Thanks Whedon Thanks Geoff Johns. Your asses are more on the line now than Zack's.

anything already in production is still happening

As far as we know Aquaman and WW2 are a go. Everything else no one knows.

They could have shot the scene from the back with Superman walking or something, then just having him turning around for a sec and edit that.

But no, let's focus on his fucking stached face

Only Problem I have is, I can't understand how Whedon could make it so mediocre.

Every Justice League cartoon episode is better than this.

>anonymous posters on a Libyan herb exchange tips board have better ideas than movie studio execs and directors

it keeps happening

i have to say cavill did a really good job this time. his facial gestures are top notch IMO. (unironically)

>Armond White
His review was Ironic, you took the bait.

So Aquaman, WW2, Shazam? He was really wanting a Nightwing movie, do you think they would go that route to get rid of Affleck?

has anyone caught on to any /SNYDER PARALLELS/ in JL that connect back to MoS and/or BvS?

i can only think of a few moments, with JL largely concerned with its own visual language - ie all the centered shots that mimic two page spreads without the middle fold of actual comic books, and a consistent pace between scenes that also mimics the idea of turning through a comic book

>all the centered shots that mimic two page spreads

examples?

he is learning and settling in in the role, he is Superman now

I literally cannot wrap my head around what they were thinking letting that shit through final cut like that.

>he is learning and settling in in the role, he is Superman now
i especially liked his acting during superman vs. JL. Yes, even the meme images.

the hilarious thing about his situation is that by the time the solo batman gets made he would have been in three movies as batman that have all together been made faster than any collection of batman movies before

yet fans and audience members are so entitled that we demand he stay in that role forever.
the constant negative reactions have slowly got him less and less hype from when he first joined on, they are all waiting to see all the reactions to this movie

he was really good, blurry mustache meme tier images included

remember how HYPED he was to play Batman :(

How the fuck is The justice League?
When theres No Green Lantern
And no martian manhunter.
It makes the films seem weak and improperly structured as other user said

I think that is the ONE net positive thing Whedon brought to the film was his version of Supermans personality over Snyders but thats it.

You know something subtle I think they did with the Amazon scene? I think they showed they'd grown stronger than they were in Wonder Woman, more like they were in ancient times.

Martian has been DROPPED from the DCEU harder than Affleck dropping Batman.

Lantern was supposed to come out aorund 2020, but now no one knows.

Justice League flag transition into his metropolis memorial

a lot of shots of steppenwolf, the invasion, him doing his weird unity thing with mother (box), some action beats in general, different shots of the justice league standing together, steppenwolf getting tackled into the boomtube

in the same way two page spreads are meant to be big glory shot style pictures, the movie mimics that with still frames that have a still subject at center frame

With the magic returning int he world? Possibly.

I wonder, do the amazon chicks live forever? Atlanteans? If yes that would make their sacrifice even more meaningful.

The problem with liberal men like Affleck is that they are too driven by the opinions of others. He should've remained supportive of the direction BvS was taking. Now they just look like Marvel wannabes. They played straight into Disney's hands, placing themselves as a lesser copy of Marvel's quip universe.

Even though it's Marvel that's the real copycat of DC....

They made this movie too early.

Should have properly introduced the characters in their own movies before slamming them all in this one.
Or make the movie 3 hours long and give backstories.

You are a god among men.

BRUH...

>Or make the movie 3 hours long and give backstories.
It's almost like that was Snyder's intentions before the retard exec got cold feet and wanted to maximize profits at the cost of film integrity. Now they lost both instead of just one. Good job!

the shot of steppenwolf getting taken into the boom tube is straight up angels (demons) flying around light

you can probably find the paintings

the idea of the 'mother' and the 'unity' is connected to the BvS painting through darksied, and that's all i can think of that's totally relevant to BvS

Just play everything at increased speed until it fits into 2 hours.
No need to cut anything.

:thinking_face:

Post jokes that worked:
>"might be temporary"
>"I'm not the one that brought a fork to this fight"
>Aqaman's lasso scene
>"I'm rich"
>"something is bleeding all right"
>"cuz I really like being alive"

that didn't work:
>anything said by Flash

I often watch stuff at x1.5 times the speed.

It's not nearly as bad as you'd think.
Plus if they choose to do it they can voice over everything so it won't sound high pitched and weird.

GOOOOOOOOODDAAAAAAAMMIIIIIIIT!!!

the thing that gets me about justice league is that it's genuinely hilarious

>did the two holding the door die?
I hope not. I'm in love with one of them. She's the Valkyrie Disney refused to give us.

The jokes were almost all out of place and almost insulting to film events. Superman saying "I wish I was dead again" is doubly insulting when Snyder was home mourning a dead kid when Whedon wrote that. That Whedon has zero sympathy or common dignity. All he can do is echo the feminist hivemind on twitter to get into thirsty women's panties.

the blond one on the right? look how her legs do that girly pose when she braces the door, cute!

they both died I think

Flash not knowing where east is kinda worked, also when they redid it in the post credit scene.

oh right forgot about the race, that was pretty good

Is it true that there was supposed to be a laid out reasoning for why the Lanterns weren't a part of this film? I heard rumors that Alfreds line "lets just hope they aren't too late" (which was cut) was supposed to be about the Lanterns but that whole plot point got removed.

iirc I think a lesser known lantern was supposed to appear and tell Bruce that they were locked in some sort of cosmic conflict and they wouldn't be able to unite the trinity (man, Gods, lanterns) against Steppenwolf.

>we will never get a scene in Justice League where the Lanterns show up to the final battle just in time, like the Rohirrim in Return of the King

It makes me sad they gave joss control over anything but dialogue and gags. Snyder may not be perfect or good in any way but the man at least had vision

Snyder redemption arc when?

why was Supes not racing on the road? he was flying! that's cheating

Supes has been building towards being the Superman everyone knows and loves for the last two films. Him acknowledging that "this is my world" at the end of BvS was a clear sign of this. I swear some people can't into character development.

Ok, everything about the movie was funny. Just all of the weird creative decisions and the obviously butchered scenes made it very entertaining scene to to scene.

And while I generally agree Flash was the only not funny part, he did have the best joke of the movie

>PET SEMATARY!!

Link to petition?

the Alfred line was toward Supes, not sure about the Lantern rumors

>reddit

Please don;t post that garbage here man

That lebbit post is right. Snyder had a vision. All Whedon has is the same recycled manufactured quips that sounds like uttered by robots. An awful director. He is anti-cinema. He is anti-character. He is television. He is hack. BvS and MoS will age just fine while JL already looks bad in several ways.

all those amazonians died off screen
it was actually surprisingly brutal how we don't *see* them die yet we're shown something moving on screen and we cut away before we see their final fate

and steppenwolf does tell diana something along the lines of "your sisters' blood is still on my axe"

Snyder/Terrio
>"might be temporary"
>"I'm not the one that brought a fork to this fight"
>"I'm rich"

Whedon
>Aqaman's lasso scene
>"something is bleeding all right"
>"cuz I really like being alive

Also kys for liking the batman bleeding quip, truly terrible

he should have done quips only not meddle with cutting out stuff, but I guess he wanted to show he was worth the money they paid him and overly eager to please

I think that Alfred line was for Lois Lane, and he would then drive her to where they fight Superman.

In the previous thread some user makes the comment that the knightmare scenario is still intact,
funnily enough, flash says "should we bow" when superman is revived