Justice League almost certain to lose money

forbes.com/sites/robcain/2017/11/20/the-question-for-justice-league-is-not-how-much-money-it-will-make-but-how-much-it-could-lose/
AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/UvjYteZwNPM
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_accounting
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It was above estimates though, already made 300M should be on track for 800M which would be small profit. I think they must be saying how much they would lose long term by damage to their brand which unfortunately I agree with.

WB needs a hard reboot if they are going to get people to respect them again.

281 million, quit rounding up faggot.
>800 million meme again
No.

this. tv is a marvel board. Dcucks should fuck off back to v

>should be on track for 800M

>It was above estimates
It fucking made $94 million domestic and latest projections were saying $110 to 120 million. It made $279 million compared to BvS' $424 million. Not to mention it also has a bigger budget. It flopped

>800M
JUST STOP

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA

looks like chris is in a bathroom stall laughing at some high school prank but you click it and its probably shooped and its just some guy in a corridor

Post more laughing Evans.

>A movie with DC literal A team is struggling to make money
>marvel movie with literal who thor makes money easily

ITS NOT FAIR.

youtu.be/UvjYteZwNPM

its easy. Just look at the world we live in right now. There a moron on the throne threatening war with a country that could nuke us. People need light movies to escape that shit, not some dark ones

That laugh is fucking amazing.

>N-nani!?

>mfw not even the chinks saved this movie
>mfw DCucks are on full damage control

You have a problem if the chinese wont even bother to see your shit movie. they've been responsible for shitty movies making huge bucks

Good. There was no reason to spend 50 mil on it over the last few months.

It'll make money. They've clearly gutted the marketing budget.

>Look at the world
>Only mentions America

>They've clearly gutted the marketing budget
And your proof?

MY CAPESHIT MAKE MOAR MONEY THAN YOUR CAPESHIT!!!!
I WIN!!!!!

It needs 750 million to break even vs its total costs for production, advertisement, distribution, etc.
It's fucked. It's not a 'mars needs moms' or 'john carter of mars' sized flop, but it's a money sink and torpedoed any hope of remaining DCU films.
The Marvel = good or great film &
DC = don't go on opening day is now hammered into the average person's brain.

>It needs 750 million
more like 1,5B. It had a 350M production budget + 200M marketing + 100M marketing after re shoots. That's close to 700M

You DC Pajeets are hilarious.

t. marlev paki

t. Shubham

>It was above estimates though, already made 300M should be on track for 800M

>a third Thor movie beat DC's The Avengers without breaking a sweat

dont know that that is mr. Kyrgizistan

>Justice League opened lower than Iron man 1 which came out almost 10 years ago

>tfw this picture is just going to keep expanding as the years go by.
At this rate whoever gets saddled playing Morbius for Sony will probably get in it.

Justice League ? More like JUSTice League, lmao

Hehe

lmao you are so funny

I know, user. I know.

Yeah I don't think they marketed this film for 300 mil user

The fact that it's not on fucking everything like BvS and suicide squad?

That's right Jay!

We should all go to a screening in cinema over and over again so they make another shitfest. Their movies are getting worse and I wonder how far into the shithole we can go.

Lol. It’s not doing well because people gave Snyder’s supes films two chances to get good. People are more than willing to eat capeshit and a lot of it. It’s just that dc’s films suck at making the audience give a shit about Superman

Ben Affleck is going to announce he’s quitting as Batman after Justice League is out of theaters, watch.

I'm pretty sure it's not doing well because every time you typed the movie's name in to google for the last 4 months there was some kind of hit piece flooding the news.

Yeah no shit
I would have said this even if JL had done well. He clearly doesn't like doing it

Wouldn’t be surprised if he quit life and an hero’d at this point, ironically that’s one of the last things that could save JL’s box office

>watch CA:Civil war
>leave cinema knowing happily now capeshit movie can ever become as bad as that shitshow
>DC comes and tells me to hold his beer

How the fuck is this even possible?

Well of course, crowd can't appreciate movies with a deeper meaning than "Quippy and fun".
Man of Steel was basically a tale about faith and religion, it was indeed great cinema but the crowd wants poop jokes and one liners because people are dumb. Twenty years from now everyone will aknowledge Snyder's grandeur and his vision and they will be "Wow people from the past were stupid".
I almost cried at the new of WB shutting down DCEU, DC movies are meant to an adult crowd, the kind of crowd who read novels, Marvel quipfests are meant to nobrainers.
Congratulations Sup Forums you won!

OH NO NO NO NOO
AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAH

I'm glad because Wonder Woman is the main star of this one and therefore it's her fault (that's how it works, right?).

However, movies don't 'lose money' in the sense that most people understand that term to mean. Take the red pill and look up Hollywood Accounting.

If you want high art, fine—but you’re very foolish to think you’ll get it from this gang of idiots.

>LEGO Batman

Did that movie actually make more money and have better reception than Justice League at this point?

Good let it crash and burn, Whedon shit needs to GTFO

Yeeessss let's make our failure public so the goyi- I mean the IRS don't come snooping!

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_accounting

Yes

>Stan Lee, co-creator of the character Spider-Man, had a contract awarding him 10% of the net profits of anything based on his characters. The film Spider-Man (2002) made more than $800 million in revenue, but the producers claim that it did not make any profit as defined in Lee's contract, and Lee received nothing. In 2002 he filed a lawsuit against Marvel Comics.[14]

Based Sony

>In response, New Line stated that their rights to a film of The Hobbit were time-limited, and since Jackson would not work with them again until the suit was settled, he would not be asked to direct The Hobbit, as had been anticipated.[17] Fifteen actors are suing New Line Cinema, claiming that they have never received their 5% of revenue from merchandise sold in relation to the movie, which contains their likenesses.[18] Similarly, the Tolkien estate sued New Line, claiming that their contract entitled them to 7.5% of the gross receipts of the $6 billion hit.[19] According to New Line's accounts, the trilogy made "horrendous losses" and no profit at all.
>Made 6 billion
>Didn't make a profit
Fucking kek. Jackson and the Tolkien estate got Jewed hard.

>He thinks JL will lose money
>With creative accounting it's probably already turnes a profit
>This is the same company that managed to cool their books to the point where Harry Potter 6 operated at a 100 mil loss on paper

Y'all niggas delusional

>tfw you and your green buddy beat the entire justice league

Batman could beat solo both Thor and Hulk easily with prep time

TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN

Nolan ain't coming back through those doors, boy.

>forbes contributor article

LOL

Marvel Morons sure are getting desperate.

Can the capeshit era end already?

L M A O

All Batman did in this movie was drive planes and cars, and shoot grappling guns.

HE DIDN'T SEE THAT ONE COMING, RIGHT?