>Get an hour of Negan and Gabriel becoming bros
>Rick and Daryl get into a short fight and blow up the guns
>Laugh at the "Thank God for you Negan" comment and how he looks at Gabriel

The writers gave up.

Then, see the previews for next week

The trash people are in it

WHY FUCKING WHY WHY WHY?!

normally you guys are right but that episode was the best since eastmankino

Just finished watching it, I get why they played this episode later but I feel like they fucked up the pacing. All I could think was why didn't we see this episode right after the shit that happened at the saviors base? All the side shit involving ricks side would have been up in the air like a cliffhanger and would've made me interested in the next episodes. Instead I watched the king get mind fucked by some 70s style twinkle toes and before that I watched Glenn's baby mama talk a lot. Now that I see negan is clearly not a bad guy and rick is clearly not a bad guy I don't really care who wins nor am I interested in watching two good guys kill each other.

>normally you guys are right but that episode was the best since eastmankino

It had a lot of potential for Negan to talk about what he did or how he formed the saviors other than the last guy leading the place sucking at his job.

Gregory's character doesn't get enough recognition. He plays the politician role so perfectly. He's a scumbag weasel who tries to appeal to both sides.

I'm starting to like Gabriel more and more.

For every good character they have, they have shit like the entirety of the garbage people and Tara still on the show for some reason

>episode with Negan, Dwight, Eugene
>becomes good

I'm over rick and the gang

>episode had my waifu sweaty in a tank top

10/10 episode.

>this season

What are you talking about? I can't remember an episode this good.

By the way, was this the last scene? The version I downloaded ended pretty abruptly.

I haven’t watched the newest episode yet. This synopsis can’t be real.

the first couple episodes this season were so bad I didn't even bother watching the following weeks

yea this episode was finally good.

Still the whole season has no real progress so far and I want something to happen.

I had my hops up that the whole season wont be about Neagen.

Was Meeshawn even in this season?

it is

it was the last scene, yes.

she hasn't been around for awhile now. which means will be getting a whole Michonne episode soone.

>Episode begins with a 13 minute recap looping back to the season premier aka shit we already know
>Bottle episode is bloated with a wholly unnecessary Rick/Daryl plot
>Negan's "humanization" is bastardized through a hackneyed confession scene instead of an organic flashback episode
People are calling this the best episode of the season but it is by far the most poorly-paced

true, they could have gone into that a bit further. I liked the tension between negan and simon though and the portraying simon as a poor leader and dwight as a decent leader

>Negan's "humanization" is bastardized through a hackneyed confession scene instead of an organic flashback episode
They can still make a flashback episode at any given point in the future.

I almost cried when she showed up desu

She's in the first episode, next episode has Carl in it so she'll probably be in it.

Of course they can, but it will not carry the same heft given how we already know the story. "Show, don't tell" is 9 times out of 10 a layperson's cliche but it fits here.

It was refreshing to see daryl say fuck you to rick. Rick is a shit leader and constantly fucks up. Rick needs to sit the fuck down and let the real men deal with negan.

>mfw I find myself unironically rooting for Negan instead of Rick and the gang

If I lived in the world of the show, I'd probably want to live in the Sanctuary instead of Alexandria or the Kingdom.

AND YET I SMILE

was this dialog written by an edgy middle schooler

>I hate Maggie
>Nigger King is a joke
>Rick is fine but all of his friends are assholes

I'd choose Negan. I could even be just a mere worker but I'd still have food and protection. Maggie and the King is just some awful speeches all the time.

They really should push this more in the show that Negan/Simon/etc. are more sympathetic and better to root for.

Steven Ogg was right on the Talking Dead when he said if the show followed Simon and Negan and the saviours since season 1 they’d be the good guys. That dumb bitch next to him on the couch who was like “um no” is retarded. They literally do nothing more wrong than Rick and his group, if not less wrong because they actually keep people alive and don’t throw them into the grinder when there’s a conflict situation, and keep their workers and soldiers separate. Negan obviously cares about people under the hard ass dictator facade. If they’re keeping his backstory the exact same as the comic he’s a saint for doing all the horrific shit no one else has the guts to do to keep people from becoming packs of disgusting animals.

Rick and company are violent idiots who do more harm than good and get everything ruined wherever they settle because of their aggression, until they fuck up so bad they have to move and repeat the cycle over again.

I think the show should have been conceived as an anthology series to begin with.

Ezekiel is literally larping as a king. That kind of dialogue it to be expected from that type of character.

Morales' monologue was quite possibly the most laughable, shot-on-video Z movie tier thing I've ever seen on the show. It held no weight since everyone's fucking forgotten about him by this point, and he just rambles on like what he's saying has some impact, despite the fact that the viewing audience is watching Rick's decisions change him already.

I think that's my biggest problem with this season, and it's highlighted with Simon's pancakes of love this episode; the creators of this show don't trust the audience to fucking pay attention or follow along, so every other scene is a recap or just a ten minute dialogue dump that serves no purpose other than to reiterate something that's already established.

He was in the wire, that is why.

people still watch this show ? jesus christ. just pretend it ended when shane died and move on with your lives

That whole morales thing definitely rivaled the whole Glenn dumpster fiasco for one of the dumbest moments the show has EVER had. It was worse than the van flipping off the interstate and landing right side up. Just pure garbage writing and injection of an extremely old character no one even remembered for zero payoff. Completely and totally pointless filler with shitty dialogue. It's shit like that solely meant to create a cliffhanger in the middle of a season that's already going to have a cliffhanger at episode 8.

The only way to save TWD is to reduce seasons to 10 episodes maximum, get rid of ALL FILLER, actually bother to DEVELOP THE DAMN CHARACTERS so that I actually care when someone dies (how fucking awful was that Aaron / bottom bitch guy who I can't even remember his name he was so forgettable?)

Seriously, they bring back that fuccboi and give him some dialogue for the first time in like 2 seasons and NOW I'm supposed to suddenly give a shit about his faggot ass before he's inevitably killed off? This show is just garbage, pure garbage in terms of writing.

If Daryl set a hoard of zombies on children, Negan would take Lucille to work defending those children

Merle was at least conflicted at times, but Daryl just fucking shot some whippersnapper for funsies after he was promised safe passage for cooperation. There's no ambiguity anymore, Merle was the virtuous one.

Oh but he said nigger once so that makes him the bad guy. Plus Daryl's so cool when he mumbles four words per episode then rides his motorcycle. Forgiven.

So was he bit or is he just really sick?

Tune in next week to find out on AMC's The Walking Dead™

Why would they put a bit guy in the cell? They never mentioned people getting sick from the guts before, then someone gets sick.

I do like how the show is starting to emphasize how Rick and everyone is no better than Negan and the Saviors.

It's probably a red herring and he got sick from the guts. Negan made a point of describing just how putrid and disgusting zombie guts were, and this show doesn't do subtlety very well.

>Why would they put a bit guy in the cell?
Could have hidden the bite. Didn't look like they gave him a cavity search.

>have open wound
>smear zombie guts/blood on it
>get sick

Writers: Hey guise, here's the way the timeline goes this year: 8 4 6 2 1 7 3 9 10 5

Producers: Yeah whatever, we stopped caring years ago

He wouldn't have hid it. He just gave Negan is big confession about being a coward and hiding.

I'm seriously getting tired of the nonlinear narrative bullshit. It worked in season 4 when The Governor shows up and it dials it back a moment for his solo episodes, and again with the threaded plots after everyone was flushed out of The Prison. For some reason since the season 6 premier with the herd and stupid black and white flashback montages, they've just decided to do this shit ALL THE TIME.
>Glenn's heroic journey after sleeping under a dumpster
>Glenn and Abraham getting their melons Gallagher'd
>Sasha taking too many Flintstones vitamins in the coffin
>literally the entirety of season 8
S T O P

This was a pretty good episode, but it should've come immediately after the season 8 premier.

>negan
>clearly not a bad guy

Topkek, that's some nice assburgers you've got there buddy.

Explain why Negan is bad.

>this episode
>Rick and baby scene
>Daryl killing people that he said he wouldn't kill
One of the key themes to this season seems to be showing Ricks group isn't always the good guys. Or at least how Negan can be the good guy from his groups perspective.

>Extorts all nearby settlements for their supplies
>Murders anyone who gets in his way

>all those holes on the table from Negan constantly losing his temper in meetings
kek

Noticed the same. That's why I love Negan.

>>Murders anyone who gets in his way
Who has he wrongfully killed?

Gavin looks like he's ready to an-hero

I'm really surprised by how well Negan was characterized in this episode. Last season they seemed to go out of their way to make him a cartoony villian, even more ridiculous than his comic counterpart with none of the depth. But they really fleshed him out in this one. Showing him as the most level-headed leader at the Sanctuary who basically reigns in the savage tendencies of actual villians like Simon and that dike, emphasizing how his real goal is to protect the weaker survivors at all costs, even if it means brutally excecuting those who threaten the peace of their communities. And you can tell he really believes he's doing the right thing here, that this is the best way to keep society together in the apocalypse, that he needs to play this strong, brutal character in order to keep the rest of the people in line. I absolutely adore this episode because of this

I agree that the whole thing is a grey area and there's no hard & fast "good guys" necessarily, but if you look at everything that's transpired, Rick's group is objectively worse. Extortion is bad, but it's not as bad as mass-murdering a group of people because people are tired of being extorted. Plus a huge majority of their motivation has been vengeance for killing Glenn and Abraham, but they wouldn't have even been killed in the first place if not for Rick's group mindlessly slaughtering a bunch of strangers on the word of a bunch of other strangers who say they're bad. I'm not justifying a lot of Negan's approach, he's a clear egomaniac and his character lacks the foresight to realize that fearmongering and keeping people under his thumb is a surefire way to earn enemies, but he's also opposed to needless killing and didn't retaliate until it became necessary to do so. Can't say that about Rick's group, who are - on the whole - blinded by revenge.

oh it's gonna become even more interesting in the future.

real
interesting

I'm all for progression I guess but jesus. Hamfisting it like this is just cringey.

2 scoops 2 terms 2 genders

what happens when women try to get pussy

Jesus fucking Christ.
Written with the subtlety of a brick straight to the head.

Fuck Gregory that bitch needs to die already

Last night's episode was good though. At least in comparison to the rest of the season. Just a lot of bad dialogue and walking through the woods. We got some good Negan time

It's distracting how scrawny Jeffery Dean Morgan is in this show.

They should have put him in a buff suit like they did for Watchmen.

So of course when the audience starts liking a character they need to kill them off. Say goodbye to Gabriel.

I think he is faking it. Though it is a way to tell us about getting sick by walker's guts. Something that if I am not wrong is an important plot twist in Negan vs Rick last fight in the comics.

What's going to happen lads.

Agreed. Gregory, the named saviors, and Gabriel really steal the show. Even Rick has gotten boring but that's the dogshit script he has to work with. I really hope since maggie isn't the suicidal atheist father hater from the comics they will change how she handles Gregory in the show. If any character is going to push forgiveness it's her.

It apparently did do subtlety here, but I don't get how. He's CLEARLY just regular sick from being covered in rotten guts, and they signposted it when Negan said that had happened plenty before.

Hate people with add. Negan literally says "you know how many people have gotten sick from this shit?"
Gabe jokes "we're from Georgia "
Obviously he got sick from that shit. Also if you read the comics you'd know there's a different sick captured guy and Dwight and Eugene break out the doc and him. It's pretty straight forward.

The first meeting with any Saviors was
Saviors: Give us your stuff, and we're going to kill one of you just because.

Maybe something different for a change.

>mindlessly slaughtering a bunch of strangers on the word of a bunch of other strangers who say they're bad
See

These.
If Gabriel dies, the only likable "good" character will be gone.
Gregory's actor does a great job with what he's handed, even if his character isn't very likable and what he's handed isn't always that good.
Negan's onscreen presence has surpassed Rick's recently as well, and Simon Gareth and crew are actually interesting and I want to see what they do and where they go.

Seeing Daryl only makes me miss Merle and seeing Rick only makes me miss when this show had good writers.
Seeing Tara and Jesus just makes me want to throw up.

This. If I was in the DC area, I would definitely prefer to be a Savior.

Gabriel and Negan will fugg. Calling it now.

Merle always did his best to remember the names of people he killed. Daryl doesn't give a damn. The wrong Dixon brother died.

Worst part is Negan hasn't been around for a few issues

Merle was a believer in our Lord and savior Jesus Christ. Daryl claims to be Zen in season 2 and tells Carol she's wasting time praying for her daughter's safety.

>Big ex-military trying to bring back order
>Try to force Rick to follow their ways
>IT AINT LIKE IT WAZ BEFORE
>Voulmes of even more underwhelming fights with baddie group before next baddie threatens Rick’s community.
Literally only keeping up for ChadComic Carl and Negan and to see if Kirkman’s faggot ass ever follows through with ‘Gonna kill Rick anytime now hehehe’ Holy shit everything post All out war has been shit. If show onlys think the state of this show is bad now, I can’t wait for the next 2 seasons.

>I'm all for progression
KYS faggot. Progression turns into regression you fuckin cuck

Nothing could be worse and more pointless than the Whisperers.

It was great. The fucking helicopter.

I'm really hoping the series ends with the military being discovered with an antibody in the works and someone from the "wilderness" fucks it all up for humanity.

They've been establishing some military presence ever since season 1 with various helicopters.

Makes me wonder how long ago Kirkman had he idea for and has been putting it in the show ever since.

how is that the trash people are so retarded I mean the collapse happened 3 years ago not 30 generations ago what the fuck?

I'm sure Harddick would love that

As opposed to Rick who massacred 200 people in their sleep to curry favor with a shitbag?

Negan is bad because he is the government. established himself as an authority over the land and demanded taxes from every group he can find. Otherwise I would root for him, but when people who are minding their own business are forced to give him a cut of their shit work twice as hard to keep him pleased and get nothing in return, then get beaten to death if they refuse, something needs to be done about it.

Maggie has become insufferable ever since Glenn died, I wish Negan killed her instead.
Fuck, after birthing Glenn's kid she should die anyway since Rick seems to be collecting babies.

>Negan a handful people over the course of months
>Rick & Co get hundreds of people (including loads of breeding-age women because muh stronk soldier grlz) brutally slaughtered over the course of a few weeks

Sure Negan's methods might be unfair & unjust from common morality's perspective. But for fuck's sake the human species is dangerously close to extinction, common morality takes a back seat to pragmatism.
>Literally so autistic about muh freedomz muh fairness that you'll drive your own species to extinction

then how come nick covers his skin in the stuff all the time and isnt sick?

He's got a small dick and is compensating for it by acting like a cringey retard.

This is canon btw. Negan has a small dick. After he's captured in the comics the women mock him for it whenever he bathes.

Maybe he's a grower lol.
I have what seems to be a small dick until I get an erection, then it's around 6 inches.

This show is meant to appeal to women and dumb normie men. Negan is still the bad guy to them because he killed Glenn who was a good guy since season 1.

I like Negan but all of his minions seem like that one kid in highschool who was like a military nut and claimed to be some kind of badass but was really just a bitch. Rick and company are no worse but I would take pleasure and watching Negan lose everything and be Rick's bitch at the end just because I like to root for the villains

>6 inches
>big
Post of the fucking year top kek