And the writer of Thunderbolts post-Secret Empire is apparently still Jim Zub

And the writer of Thunderbolts post-Secret Empire is apparently still Jim Zub.

Fuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/JimZub/status/839192771915296768
art-swipes.tumblr.com/tagged/Rob-Liefeld
cbr.com/rob-liefeld-unleashed-creator-targets-scott-snyder-tom-brevoort/
ocweekly.com/news/rob-liefeld-shoots-on-alan-moore-6481728
bleedingcool.com/2012/01/23/so-was-deal-infinite-anyway/
twitter.com/AlannaWrites
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sauce, faggot

Zub ain't the problem. Malin is.

Zub's a nice guy anyway.

Also here's the source: twitter.com/JimZub/status/839192771915296768

His plotting and writing is still shit

I thought it was getting cancelled soon?

It's apparently not gonna have issue during Secret Empire and continue/get relaunched afterwards.

>Zub ain't the problem. Malin is.
They are both the problem. Zub can't write for shit. His best received stories are all mediocre garbage.

>Zub's a nice guy anyway.
What does that have to do with anything?

How did they think keeping him on after it dipped below 12k was a good idea?

Reddit is the only place in the world that likes Zub's Thunderbolts. I doubt Zub himself likes it.

Watch them keep Malin too for maximum retardation.

>What does that have to do with anything?
Nigga, do you even Liefeld? He cannot write or draw to save his life, but he still has a job because he's a nice guy!

Even Reddit hates the art.

There is that one guy on tumblr singing its praises.

The same guy also thought that Born Better was bad and pointless because non-FabNic writers didn't follow up on it.

>he's a nice guy
Patently false
art-swipes.tumblr.com/tagged/Rob-Liefeld
cbr.com/rob-liefeld-unleashed-creator-targets-scott-snyder-tom-brevoort/
ocweekly.com/news/rob-liefeld-shoots-on-alan-moore-6481728
bleedingcool.com/2012/01/23/so-was-deal-infinite-anyway/

Seriously, the highest praise I have seen for Zub was 'it's okay, I guess'.

The only thing about Zubolts I like is the interactions between Abe and Erik. Everything else is awful.

There were a couple of nice moments such as Mel telling Erik she missed him, but otherwise it's a dumpster fire.

And it sells like shit, too.

He's also taking over Uncanny Avengers.

Which means either Duggan can't hold three Marvel titles (unless he has non-Marvel work) or he's dropping UA for something else (here's hoping he's getting Captain America after Secret Empire since he has been wanting to write a Cap/Steve Rogers title for ages it's also why he has Steve hanging out with Deadpool)

Watch UA's quality and sales crater after Zub takes over.

>Watch UA's quality and sales crater
Which sales?

> 75. Uncanny Avengers #20 (Marvel) - 31,089

Which actually makes it one of Marvel's better selling titles, pathetic as it may be.

They probably think that the problem was that it didn't wank Bucky enough, I guess.

Well, to be fair, if they're going for the normie audience, wanking Bucky would be a good way to do it.

The normie audience definitely doesn't want Rob Liefeld Jr. though, so I don't know what the hell they were thinking.

Bucky wanking didn't save the sales from tanking the first time.

The Editor is a Stucky fan, they probably mandated the Bucky wanking.

I know she pushed for Bucky to have the long hair and for him to lose the domino mask.

I honestly wouldn't have minded Bucky in the Tbolts if it had been written by someone competent and it had been the pre-MCU Winter Soldier.

Brubaker was a mistake for inflicting his take on Bucky on the world.

Liefeld did nothing wrong

Liefeld at least is more competent at paneling than Malin.

I blame this bitch for everything

twitter.com/AlannaWrites

THIS is the kind of people Marvel is hiring as editors these days. Christ.

I don't mind Zub as much as Malin

I actually liked what he did to Bucky it was interesting.

Also Bucky didn't attract fangirls until The Winter Soldier movie (he was just Steve's dead friend before that) and that's because they amped up the woobie in that movie.

They are both terrible.

Yeah, having Bucky lead the Thunderbolts isn't a bad idea. It's a better choice than, say, Rulk or Luke Cage or even Norman Osborn. The best Thunderbolts leaders were Zemo and Hawkeye, and Bucky is a nice middle-ground between the two.

But it shouldn't have come at the expense of the rest of the 'Bolts, Malin was a terrible art choice no matter how you cut it, and while a great writer can compensate for a bad artist, Zub is barely decent.

She/he/it is also assistant editor of Champions

Brubaker's Bucky was already a massive author's pet that Bru chucked multiple characters into the woodchipper for and that warped other character's personalities and histories around him to fellate his dick.

>Ultimates 2
Probably lets Ewing do whatever he wants since his stuff confuses her.

>The best Thunderbolts leaders were Zemo and Hawkeye, and Bucky is a nice middle-ground between the two.

The three also have rivalries with each other and their own unique relationship with Steve, honestly it fits perfectly but yeah it shouldn't be at the Tbolt's expense.

>author's pet
The same Bucky that got his ass kicked, made dumbass decisions and got to be constantly bailed by Sam and Natasha and got owned by Helmut? Suuure.

Also Bru chugged characters into the woodchipper even when he wasn't writing Bucky.

The part that confuses me about this is that Zubbolts didn't even sell well.

>#1 - 45,169
>#2 - 36,865
>#3 - 26,588
>#4 - 18,128
>#5 - 18,229
>#6 - 16,258
>#7 - 17,269
>#8 - 14,215
>#9 - 16,178 (10% overship so actually at 14k)
>#10 - 14,095

It was already around 18k by #4 and not even Jolt's return and the Busiek back-up could give it a bump.

The trade isn't doing so hot, either:
> 1,067 in DEC 2016

I feel Zub could be mediocre with a competent artist while even the best writer couldn't make something drawn by Malin worth reading.

Thunderbolts hasn't been good since norman left

Jim Zub is being groomed as the new 'guy' at Marvel. He's taking over Uncanny Avengers too.

Are you talking shit about Parkerbolts, motherfucker?

But he isn't even being well received nor is he selling well. Jfc Marvel is retarded.

>There's no place for SJWs in Logos' Multiverse

He is shit talking Parkerbolts, the cunt.

Norman Thunderbolts wasn't even good

>No, I won't make Bucky omnipotent, this is about the Ultimates and the cosmic entities, stop asking

Norman's Thunderbolts destroyed the Thunderbolts by turning them into a Suicide Squad rip-off and tossing aside everything anyone that actually gave a shit about the franchise actually cared about. If Normanbolts hadn't devalued the Thunderbolts the way it did then it never would have reached the point where Rulkbolts happened.

>nonsensical roster
>pointless fanservice
>plots that went absolutely no where

yikes. The only way you could like this is if it's one of your first comics. Terrible, terrible run that should be forgotten.

>>nonsensical roster
Other than Crossbones, how was it nonsensical?

>>pointless fanservice
How?

>>plots that went absolutely no where
Oh, so you're just listing meaningless criticisms to make it sound like you actually read it. Gotcha.

>tfw Marvel relaunches the book with Zub and Malin
>tfw Marvel doubles down on Bucky being Poochie
>feels bad

I am still astonished that out of all the noob writers they could push, like Loveness or Bemis, they chose to push Zub.

Bemis?

Max Bemis, the guy who wrote Foolkiller.

I hate you

I really thought Spencer would take over afterward since it's clear he wanted the current book but couldn't handle another ongoing.

Maybe there will be a second book for the ones who ran off with Zemo.

I don't think we'll be that lucky. Delete those hopes user.

it's not fair

>tossing aside everything anyone that actually gave a shit about the franchise actually cared about
Like Ultimate Brawling?

Imagine Spencer actually fixing Zemo's character during Secret Empire only to feed him to Zub afterwards.

The guy who wrote Foolkiller? That Bemis?

Bemis would be good for T-Bolts, even if I now see his Foolkiller as less Gerber-influenced after reading his Crossed story about the brothers.

Ah, the "Morrison" technique.

If it wasn't for the Generations crap, I was expecting him to drop the Captain Falcon book for Thunderbolts.