Joss Whedon is the Hollywood equivalent of that kid from high school who got bad grades and said "I'm smart but I'm...

Joss Whedon is the Hollywood equivalent of that kid from high school who got bad grades and said "I'm smart but I'm lazy."

I fucking hate those kids. I also FUCKING hate it when people use the "it didn't take me long" excuse when someone says their stuff is bad.

>I'm smart but I'm lazy.
me tbqh

then you're not smart

>it's impossible for people to be smart but also lazy
Gee, thanks for the brilliant insight, Einstein.

>I only got C's in school, but I could have gotten A's if I wanted to, I just never tried haha
Yeah real smart

Work hard, play hard lol xd am I right?

(((joss whedon))) is disgusting

wrong. einsten got straight F's from K-12

>tfw smart but lazy

>he thinks Highschool takes any effort to get good grades in.

The literal only way to not gets A's in highschool is if you just don't do your work. In fact, I relied on tests to pass my classes. Tested weighed more on your grade than regular class work so I fucked off during the week and aced the test at the end and that was all it took to pass almost every high school class. Thank god College has tests that let you skip all that basic shit if you score well enough or I would never have made it through college.

that's a myth

>tfw lazy but smart and never got any bad grades because I was good at the tests to make up for the homework I never did
>All those jelly plebs who had to do all their homework to get the same grades I did

That was his point. It's not smart but lazy to get mediocre grades, you're just dumb.

this so much
i literally didnt attend for 3 months yet i their shitty finals

>how to never be hired again

you went to a dummy high school / took dummy courses. I was taking a few college accredited courses in high school so there was definitely studying involved

No, he wasn't making any point. There's zero reason to put in any effort in High school when the American school system is more than willing to graduate students failing half their classes anyway. You aren't smart just because you do your work. Being responsible for doing your work and acting like an adult doesn't matter until college.

> I was taking a few college accredited courses in high school so there was definitely studying involved
>a few

Smart people start that in 9th grade. You aren't smart, you're just elitist.

He was a Marvel double agent all along.

Well that and getting ousted for being "feminist" yet continually cheating on your wife.

No is right, that was my point

i got mostly e- on english in school but i'd still be able to come up with something better than the shit he did

No, getting mediocre grades confirms being lazy but it does not rule out being smart. Repeating it isn't going to make you right.

>"one day i'll be president", he thought, raping a 13 year old
is he talking about clinton?

18+ website

I don't get it

Good grades mean shit. Not doing homework and enjoying your childhood in the meantime is smart.

Why are you here reddit?

>never did homework always aced the tests
>kids did all the homework and got so worked up over projects and tests and struggle so much in testing environments
>just to score a few points above me
>theyre still in college or graduate school miles in debt with a never ending workload
>i work a laid back job with a number of people working directly under me
>can read people, social queues and situations very well and always mitigate interpersonal workplace relationships, navigate back channels, minimize blowback and defuse potential problems before they can even take root
>people from my high school cant even function in society, crushed under the weight of their own neurosis and anxiety

a teacher literally wrote that i was the worlds greatest underachiever in my senior year book. still dont know which way to take that

>smart but lazy
>aka the kid who could learn everything but wasted his childhood maximizing his free time
>aka the kid who ended up with a mediocre job because he didn't self-interest himself in his studies
>aka the kid who seeks validation through watching others fail and takes pride that the already stupid kids have a job worse than him despite him wasting his potential
>aka the kid who is going through an existential crisis right now aka depression because he realized that now he has all the free time in the world that the free time is boring and wishes he had done something in his life
aka me

find an interest. you're gonna regret it later

>smart but lazy
>still got As
You really aren't smart

>tfw IQ is 124 but processing speed is 67

I don't know how to feel about this yet.

>turns in all his work
>lazy

what did he mean by this

I mean, if you're smart, it's the same amount of work getting a C and an A. There's not any added difficultly, you have to waste the same amount of time either way, so why not get an A.

>tfw lazy as shit but still got good grades anyway
>did all my homework during other classes the day it was due

only to brainlets like you

Sure thing, keep telling yourself that.

Done with school. No need to tell myself lies to make me feel superior about my classmates like you.

You know what, I was going to write something bad, but that would be pointless. I hope you can find happiness my dude.

>tfw skipped every hard project I could in college
>tfw 25 page scientific paper worth 25% of grade
>tfw people in class freaking out about it since middle of semester
>tfw completely don't do it and get still B+ in class because of extra credit

Can you just stop projecting already? I was done with highschool 7 years ago mate.

wow you took ap classes?
believe or not there are people who get fives on those tests without studying

haha bitch I'm a lawyer now I handle tax law and I laugh at wagecuck losers like you. HAHAHAHA

Lel

Literally rape

No, himself.

I put on buffy out of curiosity because there was a thread about it the other day and holy shit what an insufferable show. prototumblr +sjw+ vampires + dialogue that consists solely of joss quips at a gilmore girls pace. Anyway whedon is a fag

>be lazy
>still get A's/B's in school work
>homework count for 45% of your grade
>never do any homework
>get F's
go fuck yourselves

what kind of terrible school counts homework?

The fact that DC hired this retard is crazy to me

Man, Sup Forums is full of the "smart, but lazy"...

Motivation and grit are like 75% of what it takes to be successful, even in "smart" careers. There are obviously exceptions, but I generally wouldn't call anyone smart who wasted their potential/opportunity. Those are dumb people who might have been smart people if they made better decisions or took better control over there life

Well, most of his work does feel like it was shit out in 20 minutes.

This but unironically.

you're just conflating terms, obviously someone can be intelligent and lazy

In high school it was because I was too lazy. In college it's because I'm too depressed

I think it's pretty rare to be intelligent, but so lazy that you're also a neet. I know plenty of intelligent people who are lazy, but still successful. They just know when you can slack off and when you need to get shit done

In HS I was worried about which university I would get rejected from so I said "fuck it".

Once in uni shit was too hard for me so I said "fuck it".

shit analogy
shit thread

Good to know people get upset over this issue, I'll be sure to do much shitposting about this in the future.

now you're just moving the goalposts

Why is that hard to believe?

The script was already written before Whedon was hired to direct. All he did was basically edit a finished product.

It's not a real tweet, it's a joke making fun of Chris Stuckmann.

>Trump raped a 13 year old

Trump should sue him for saying that.

Talk to your family doctor about getting on an anti-depressant/anxiolytic like lexapro. It helped me a ton and I haven't noticed negative side effects. Just do it, you'll regret not starting one earlier (at least for me)

Somehow Whedon made it this far through life without ever getting beat up. He acts like every shitbag I ever met who never got his ass kicked. Getting your ass kicked is a learning experience. He has never been humbled in his life.

A school that actually tries to teach students how to self-manage.

>Steppenwolfs story is an allegory for Lucifer, he is not just a villain trying to take over earth, he is an apokalytian trying to get out of Darseid's shadow, who is an allegory for God

BRAVO SNYDER

You can only sue for libel if a reasonable person would believe what was written may be true.

Whoops, thought my first post specifically brought up neets. The first line should read "Man, Sup Forums is full of the "smart, but lazy" neets..."

We good?

Essentially. And then I just kept doing worse which put me in a horrible cycle. Started getting back on track, but now my gf of 3 years just broke up with me Friday, I have to move out Wednesday, and I can't work on any of the stuff I need to because of it. She was moved on when we broke up so that makes the sting of thinking of everything I will do without her that much worse. I can't work on my school stuff because I can't concentrate and I fucked up too much in the past to withdraw. I'm gonna fail, not be able to to back to school, and I have to do it all alone

>raping a 13 year old girl

Did anyone ever figure out what he meant by this?

>tfw to smart to achieve in life

I wish I would've done that already because I feel like my depression hurt my relationship and now that it is over I have so much regret

>that kid from high school who got bad grades and said "I'm smart but I'm lazy."
>bad grades
>wrote and directed two of the highest-grossing movies of all time, albeit capeshit

He's like that really smart but lazy kid who breezed through high school and then got killed in his second year of college

>he thinks Highschool takes any effort to get good grades in.
Lemme tell you about Everyday Math, boy

>not going to a school that teaches kids to take in information and make accurate calculated assumptions from that information
I think I did 2 homework assignments during high school.

I went through an awful break up before I went on them. Therapy helped me a lot too, look for someone specializing in cognitive based therapy. Best of luck!

>Did anyone ever figure out what he meant by this?

It was one of the last smears they threw at Trump, beginning of November. It all evaporated after the election, of course

well then I think the problem is you are using a very imprecise definition of intelligence

>American highschool
LMAO
Nigger we had Greek and Latin and shit.

Kek. Why? I get learning like Spanish, German and French and what have you. We did that, but why Latin and Greek, and more importantly why was it a required subject in compulsory schooling? That is a massive waste of the already far too limited time that is used educate people.

Like no shit it didn't take them long, the work is shit and reflects their lack of effort. It's not cool and ironic to half-ass things, nobody in a professional position likes or respects a slacker. The image of the cool slacker is a consolation for every dipshit who ended up in a service job management position even though they parroted meme philosophers and political scientists in high school and had a hair of artistic talent.

>education is a waste
>Americans
Because WE are the West, why shouldn't we learn about the Glorious Western Civilization?

This is why America is third world.

I'm not American.
>why shouldn't we learn about the Glorious Western Civilization?
We should. In fucking history class like anyone sensible school would do. If you take the pointless wasted time spent learning Latin and Greek and added that to the history class you would learn far more about western civilization.

>started going to the uni labs for three/four hours a day to do work on top of my lectures
>still have plenty of time to shitpost and masturbate to lolis
>grades through the roof
it's literally that easy

I don't think I was ever trying to be precise (I mentioned in my first post that there are exceptions) and I agree that there are many types of intelligence. However, I think I can say, with a strong amount of specificity, that a generally intelligent person could/would NOT allow themselves to be a neet. Again, I'm sure there are exceptions

Reminds me of those kids that thought they were being hot shit and would get all the ladies by acting like an edgy anime character.

That kid was literally me. I got pissed that I had to keep "learning" shit I already knew then dropped out and got my GED a week later.
>mfw I only missed two questions on my GED proving I actually did know all that shit from the start
>mfw I got such a high score that they gave me my diploma anyways since I was only 15

>many types of intelligence.
found the problem intelligence is the ability to effectively apply logic upon data ie memory. Laziness can be genetic or from disease or from malnourishment or depression but it is completely divorced from being intelligent just as being a neet is.

>pointless
>wasted
>history
>the western values are history
I'm sorry for you, you're not elite.

Wisdom>Intelligence

only for things a posteriori

If you spend less time leaning Latin you might have spent it learning English so you could read my damn post.

I said in my damn post that learning about western history should be mandatory and an important subject. But learning it through Latin and Greek languages is an incredibly inefficient use of the very limited time.
>the western values are history
So is Latin and Greek(as a world language) what is your point?

>should we learn the history of western civilization and therefore learn what events have shaped our values
>nah, lets make them learn pointless languages they can't and will never use instead, that's far better

>tfw had 50% attendance but would still get at least Cs and As if i actually studied.

>that kid from high school who got bad grades and said "I'm smart but I'm lazy."
You mean a Sup Forumslack?

>I said in my damn post that learning about western history should be mandatory and an important subject
>what is reading comprehension

>But learning it through Latin and Greek languages is an incredibly inefficient use of the very limited time.
>>nah, lets make them learn pointless languages they can't and will never use instead, that's far better
You see, if you actually spent time learning things you would know this is not true.

What do you think you actually use Latin and Greek for? You learn about Western Civilization without filters.

Greek and Latin should be mandatory in every western school.

>2nd from the top
He basically called for Trump to be assassinated. Even as a joke that's pretty serious. Has this been reported? I think the secret service might want a few words with him.