Why would you do that? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? I'm standing here...

>why would you do that? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? I'm standing here, answering your questions politely and you just- why would you- you're a jerk. no don't walk away from me, you're a jerk.

it's just water Tom
chill

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DONrKwEFgbE
youtu.be/7ACAeeEGmXw
youtube.com/watch?v=jGQQuaVL0R0
youtube.com/watch?v=2yLEgTmJpCo
newgrounds.com/portal/view/247664
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why DID he do that?

But it is cunty as fuck. I can't say I'd act like Tom in this scenario but I also don't blame him.

i thought it was kind of impressive that he made him cry

It is a jerk move.

>oh why are you mad?

They wouldn't like the prank happening to them either.

>be an asshole
>get called out on it
>try and run away

EPIC prank!

It seems like a reasonable reaction, especially if he felt like he was being persecuted by the media already

handled it perfectly, made the other guy seem like an absolute tool without being whiny or melodramatic

haha looks like a fat load being blown in his face

what is going on here?

It was a jerk move. Tom gets hounded by paparazzi and reporters trying to ask him questions on a near daily basis and he obliges one of them only to get water splashed in his face. If it was me, I'd never do an on the spot interview again.

it was a jerk move
fuck that guy tom is a gentleman

The interviewer suddenly sprays Tom Cruise with water mid interview in hope to get a juicy reaction from him, but Tom just get's dissapointed and starts parenting the guy in a calm but strong way to the point of the interviewer wanting to leave immediately just from the sheer embarassment alone. It's like a proper roast of dumb pranksters

So did we ever know why he did that?

Being sprayed in the face at any point would piss me off. Cruise is dressed up, obviously going somewhere, and a guy he obliges to an interview sprays him in the face. Even then, he doesn't lose his temper. He calmly tells him that what he did was wrong.

You can't bruise the Cruise.

youtube.com/watch?v=DONrKwEFgbE

imagine if it was acid tho

>going somewhere

it's a red carpet of a movie premiere you dumb fuck, he's THERE

tom was a cunt here

CAN'T BRUISE THE CRUISE

>WHERE ARE YOU GOING? COME BACK HERE

It was holy water that's why it affected him so much.

isn't that technically assault?

To get a Worldstar like video of cuhhrazzzy Tom raging on camera. Tom handled it perfectly

> splitting hairs
Regardless, it doesn't really change the situation. He's still justified in what he did.

Was what Tom did, at the time, considered rude behaviour?

Jesus Christ.

It was an attempt to rile him up for a reaction they'd air later on. I don't why the person started crying when he should have expected Cruise's reaction to be much worse.

Can you imagine, every day that guy wakes up and realizes Tom Cruise made him look like a total idiot on camera. It's recorded FOREVER, he's known solely as that guy. I wonder if he even gets out of bed in the morning without cringing. It must be right up there with the guy trying to ask Tom Hardy if he's gay and having Hardy just talk about what a crazy person he must be.

He kinda laughed at first. What made him change his mind to be angry?

>Americans flocking to defend their Hollywood idol overlords from getting harmlesly sprayed with water
You are like little babies
youtu.be/7ACAeeEGmXw

He realized it was water and not jizz.

He didn’t become angry, he became disappointed

Nobody considered it rude behavior at the time. Being sprayed qith water in the face is asshole behaviour since the dawn of time.

Sauce on that?

Absolute fucking kek!

The power of scientology mind tricks.

Disappointed that someone would playfully prank him like he's an regular human bean and not an enlightened thetan above the buffoonery of mere mortals.

>no don't walk away from me
based chad moments

It was done for a comedy show called balls of steel, its actually a pretty funny show, although its weird cos the guy who does that joke is fucking awful, and its basically ned or the angry devil who rule the show.

youtube.com/watch?v=jGQQuaVL0R0

THAT WAS INCREDIBLY RUDE

Hey guys, apparently these pranksters went to jail, and got released on bail several hours later. They were working for a British "comedy" show

youtube.com/watch?v=2yLEgTmJpCo

Would depend on my mood as to whether I laughed or pushed the guy over

>Australian "humour"

>firmly grabs his arm
>proceeds to lecture him
If he started shouting or getting physical, then that would be an overreaction. He handled it very well.

it was made in britain actually.

>Flame grilled that prick

I have to confess to laughing at this.

>be tom cruise
>multimillionaire world famous action star and sex symbol
>everyone wants a piece of you
>probably get 1-2 hours a day to yourself if you’re lucky
>have to go to some faggy award show when you just wanna stay home and chill
>barely will yourself out of bed, the prospect of interacting with the unwashed masses fills your gut with a sense of primal dread
>spend an hour getting ready and making sure you look sharp, a bad photo could hurt your image
>drive from your gated mansion in the hills all the way down to Hollywood
>take at least five calls from your agent, your publicist, xenu, all bitching about inane bullshit
>finally hit the red carpet
>smile and wave at the braying hordes of photographers and journos, barely able to contain your urge to pounce and rip their throats out with your teeth
>time to give some interviews
>pick out a guy that doesn’t look like the typical press vulture, probably some indie kid trying to make it
>decide you’ll do him a favor and help out
>he sprays you in the face with water

I’d be mad too.

Came here to say this

nah, disappointed that someone would spray water in his face, while they were having a pleasant conversation about his future film projects, in order to make a few bucks from tmz. You do realize celebrities are people with boundaries and emotions, yes? In other words, real human beans, don't you, user?

>British TV prank show squirts numerous celebrities, nobody panics, because it’s all ‘part of the plan’.
>Squirt a closet homosexual, well then everyone loses their minds!

it wasn't tmz, it was for a comedy show you tit.

the name of the show is balls of steel, you're meant to do horrible petty shit to people.

>British TV prank show squirts numerous celebrities in the face, nobody panics, because it’s all ‘part of the plan’.
>But when you squirt that one little old closet homosexual, well then everyone loses their minds!”

How would he react to this?

his reaction wasn't very comedic though :(

>He kinda laughed at first. What made him change his mind to be angry?
He laughed because he knew that the guy was about to get totally mentally destroyed. Tom Cruise knew exactly what was going to happen, he was going to make another man cry with the power of his voice and touch.

He'd probably laugh it off because he's not fat, ugly and insecure about it like Jonah.

Pretend like it doesn't phase him at all and buy 12 Subway sandwiches the next day

real talk

active direct communication is one of the scientology tactics they teach you

>don't run away
>he actually stays
Not gonna lie that was pretty fucking chad.

This is killing me, what was his original reaction to this? I can't remember it

Or piss, or AIDS ridden fluids

i have a deep learning neural network computing the outcome

Did you really deleted and rewrote the whole post just to add ''little old'' to ''closet homosexual'', haha.

Seems like Tom just wasn't in the mood for it that day, can't blame him there. Paternalistic as fuck approach.

Tom > the goose

>perfect height

He'd probably just eat him

that's all I got

If you listen to Cruise on the Nerdist podcast, he seems like a surprisingly down to earth guy, very positive and chilled out. Not someone who deserves to be squirted in the face by a stranger at all. I guess it's part of being a public figure, having certain people treat you with disrespect no matter what you do, and Cruise behaves quite appropriately in response, as you'd expect.

When you watch the interview you can tell Tom is really enjoying himself and having a serious discussion with the guy and you can tell Toms getting really into it and just feeling comfortable then when the guy sprays him you can tell he just feels disrespected like the guy probably wasn't even listening to him and was just treating him like a joke. Don't think the prankster really meant for it to come off that way but it is such a douchey thing to do I bet he had a real shit eating grin on his face when he was doing it too that part would've pissed me off.

Unironically legally speaking, could this be construed as assault?

I know that simply touching someone can, in and of itself, be construed as assault.

newgrounds.com/portal/view/247664

This was a psyops-tier shutdown man. I'd say that grown manchild thinks about this incident every night. You literally absolutely cannot bruise the Cruise.

real talk

active direct communication = a normal conversation

what a snowflake.

aww got a little wawa on your face? cry about it.

Jesus Christ, Tom, it's just a prank, bro....

This. He wouldn't even see it coming.

"I bet you've squirt a lot of people in the face!"

kek
underrated

>he should have expected Cruise's reaction to be much worse.
He expected a lolcow. Instead he got a superior alpha male picking his very essence bare, stripping his pathetic existence to the bone. That nigga's never gonna recover, I tell you that

what's so funny about that ?

That type of shit just wasnt happening in 1st world countries back then, people werent so awful. Sure hes a immature dick for spraying him with water, but it was just a prank, bro

Nigger show

It's probably one of those things that just sends you over the edge. Like you get hounded by the press 24/7 about some stupid bullshit that you're forced to comply and engage, and then some chucklefuck sprays some unknown liquid in your face while you have your guard down engaging said press. I'd probably be mad too.

In Australia it certainly could be (s245 Criminal Code, Star v Rixon, McNamara), not sure about America

take out his subway sponsored gun and shoot him in the face