The Thinning

>overpopulation
>only smart students get to live
>there are still black kids around
Is this movie supposed to be an absurd comedy?

>Youtube Red Original Movie

Is that Jake Paul?

I used to skip the ad all the time, but finally watched the full trailer. if nothing else, i got an uncontrollable giggle from how stupid the premise is.

>look mom I'm fitting in

No it's Logan Paul
www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FbQoI8P7c4
Yes, he's a different person than Jake Paul

>we want the Hunger Games/Divergent crowd

>overpopulation

Only that isn't even remotely true and would never be until there's over 13 trillion people on Earth's land. That's the density of the nation of Monaco (25,718 people per sq. km) applied to the entire Earth. All you need is a way to feed everyone. Like ocean farming.

As it stands right now, there's barely anyone on the planet still.

really jogs your noggin

They also have What Happened to Monday, which is another ohmahgawd overcrowding boogeyman scare.

This would make a great fake trailer. But they dont make a movie out of it.

Like the opposite of what they did for Machete

Movie titles that describe your hair?

>people thought Peyton List was gonna have a good film career

lol

>Lia's in it

I may have to give it a shot

What's with all of those YA dystopian novels getting adapted lately?
Why not do something like Brave New World? That book's probably closer to the real world than Hunger Games.

JUST League

Logang unite! Let's beat this fucking asshole!

low hanging fruit, "popular" with the kids these days

YA dystopian action movies are self-insert wish fulfilment. Brave New World is a harrowing piece of cautionary sci-fi. Kids don't want to think, they want to feel cool.

>YA dystopian action movies are self-insert wish fulfilment.
Precisely. Everyone imagines they're the "special" brave one to fight the system. Nobody wants to be the poor faggot who does nothing or gets offed in the first act of the film.

Paris sounds like an absolute nightmare of a city to live in.

did watch all of it? even the very end? I kind of forgot but the ending went like
The kids that "fail the exam are injected with a sedative and wake up underground in some sort of factory. It really is just a way to sort people based on their abilities. i think there were also scientists? I dunno the movie was gay and I forgot"!

The director and writer:
==OH NO NO NO==
==LOOK AT HIS HEAD==

>We don't care about your stupid book, gramps. Totally not battle royale is so much better!

>wanting endless suburbs.

I live in Paris. Apart from living in fear of terrorism every day, it's a decent city. I never have to drive.

>the future
>white woman with a white man

not realistic.