Why do we take him seriously as a critic?

Why do we take him seriously as a critic?

>we
Fuck off and think for yourself, dipshit.

Also, we don’t take him seriously as a critic. People watch RLM because they’re funny, likable guys.

There's no objective metric by which movies fan be rated. This utilitarian method (subjective though it may be) is probably the optimal.

We don't. He's an entertaining friendship simulator.

The only idiots who take him seriously are prequel haters, and even they ignore all his other stuff.

>prequel haters

So like everyone?

>there's no objective metric by which movies fan (sic) be rated

I don't. He's fucking pathetic. Reddit Letter Media is fucking garbage.

No, only you.

Him and everyone else who is over 25.

>Muh age group!
Pathetic.

Most people don't hate the prequels, they just don't think they were as good as the originals (which is true except for Return of the Jedi).

I don't take them seriously but their reviews generally contain a lot of negative criticisms that are really hard to argue against on a factual basis. And you know, they're usually funny.

I think you have your age demographic wrong. I'm 25, and I watched The Phantom Menace when I was 7. It's one of my first, and most cherished movie theater experiences. As a kid's film, it was great. Everyone in my age group enjoyed it too.

It's the older Gen X types, who are 35+ today that didn't enjoy it. Especially, the people who grew up with the original trilogy. They seem to be the most vocal about their butthurt.

You'd have a point if ROTJ didn't have the best scenes in the entire franchise (throne room ) which saves it

kids are retards and enjoy anything

Their videos are shit.

Their reviews are shit.

I'm glad they're being demonitized on most of their youtube garbage. They were only doing this to grab a few pennies anyway.

I'm 30 saw all the movies in the theaters.
Enjoyed TPM because I was a literal child. But old enough to groan over how bad the II and III were.
Also you're not over 25. Next year your adult brain will kick in.

Honestly, most of RotJ is on par with A New Hope. Neither comes close to Empire, though.

>They seem to be the most vocal about their butthurt.

Gen X user here. I actually like the prequels. But you're absolutely right. Most of my gen is like "waaaaah muh childhood! George Lucas owes me something!"

My generation was a bunch of spoiled, entitled shits who grew up to be bitter cynics.

uhhh, we dont? just watch the blade runner re:View to see how much of a pleb even Jay is.

Correct

>I'm glad they're being demonitized on most of their youtube garbage. They were only doing this to grab a few pennies anyway.
nigger they make $20,525 per month on Patreon
youtube money aint shit to them

I'm 26 and saw the phantom menace on release day and loved the fuck out of all the prequels...when I was a child. Try watching them again at 25+ and see if they hold up. I can enjoy any of the OT movies, the clone wars,rebels, and even TFA at this point but God damn a lot of shit in the prequels is so fucking cringe it's unbelievable.

>muh empire

Phantom Menace is actually a pretty decent movie. The biggest complain, Jar Jar, has actually gotten better with age. He's attained a "so bad he's good" quality.

The film itself is beautiful to look at. Expertly crafted and designed. Right down to every single character, create and ship.

Also, the lightsaber battle is the best in all of the Star Wars films. Nothing has come close to it. Not even Ep 3.

>Why do we take him seriously as a critic?
only ironically, op.

The only thing that's cringe worthy in the prequels is the short, 5 minutes of horrid romance dialogue between Anakin and Padme in AOTC

>reddit

>spacing

>Spaces are bad.

This meme needs to end

Seriously.

Reddit

Letter

Media

>i wish I could just wish away my feelings

test

This doesn't even make sense autismo.

don't point it out, idiot. that's how we identify them.

Reddit spacing is doing a line break with every new sentence. That user did a line break after every paragraph. That's known as "the right way to write."

If you have watched even one Plinkett review you are human garbage, you have shit taste in everything and your opinion should be forever ignored.

I actually agree with most of what you say, aside from the saber battle.

The saber battle in 3 was bad, however, and I will NEVER understand why people cream themselves over it.

Yeah, yeah, "I have the high ground," but it's so drawn-out and loses all excitement after the first minute because it's more about the visuals going on around the battle than the battle itself.

I'm 34, saw TPM in high school, hated it then. At the time, I though Star Wars was, like, a masterpiece, and couldn't believe Lucas was "ruining it." Since then, I've learned to take Star Wars less seriously and, as a result, the prequels have really grown on me and I've come to like them.

>Friendship simulator
Holy fucking shit dont tell me this is a thing people do here

See this is reddit spacing.

It's not only a thing people do but RLM is probably the most popular friendship simulator here on Sup Forums.

I tried to watch this once, they talk about anything but the actual movie for straight 20 minutes in a 40 minute video, I mean the fact that's 40 minute is already a hassle, but on top of that this fat fuck and his nu-male boyfriend are the most unfunny pieces of shit I ever seen and their "opinions" fucking idiotic, they can't even follow simple scripts and make it look it's the movie's fault when.
Fucking awful.

>ever taking RLM seriously as a critic
they are for banter and banter only

Stupid, ASMR is better for that shit

The problem is that people sincerely parrot their underbaked analysis and jokes as serious opinions/criticisms.

>Boyhood is bad because le 12 twelve years to make joke!

we don't. actually we also don't take critics seriously.

I'd argue if you'd edit out 90% of the dialogue in the prequels they'd be better movies.

Yeah, but you shouldn't point it out. It's better to know who the obvious redditors are, so you can disregard their posts. If you let them integrate then we'll have a trojan's horse situation.

I'm 22 and I loved them as a kid but even I can still see they're shit today. I really don't see how I liked them as kid because they are really fucking boring. Most people who grew up with the originals are butt-hurt but I can understand why considering what a huge drop in quality there is between the two.

What is with Sup Forumss obsession with this Reddit tier review channel?

I watched an episode the other day and all they seem to do is point out very obvious flaws in movies and pretty much have normie taste

Also the other manlet has the most awkward facial expressions ever

t.reddit

>We
Ah yes, the Sup Forums hivemind I have tried so hard to join yet am always denied

I've been lurking for 8 years now, never have visited reddit but I use that spacing because it makes longer posts more coherent and easier to read.

You should seek some help for that paranoia, user.

> As a kid's film, it was great.

no it wasn't, shut up. I was 9 when I saw it and yeah, I loved the monsters, Darth Maul, and loved the hell out of Jar-Jar. but I had no idea what the actual plot was. trade disagreements, what? not the mark of a great kid's film

it was just another movie I liked. I didn't rewatch it over and over in the way that I did the OT (mainly 1 and 3. I didn't really love Empire unitl later). Return of the Jedi, now that was a great kid's film for a 10 year old boy. then later Attack of the Clones was the big point of disillusionment when I realized that, no, these new movies are just kind of weak

Literally all podcasts, talk radio shows, most youtube channels, are friendship simulators. That's just reality bro

>Also, the lightsaber battle is the best in all of the Star Wars films.

it's certainly the most impressively choreographed, but it doesn't really look like they're fighting. it's a big dance number. in viscerality Rye vs. Kylo is the best I think. in emotional impact, it's still Luke and Vader in ROTJ

It's hilarious how they literally predict this defense in their videos and directly address it, but people fall for it every single time.

Post rare Mikes

even when Mike's being a shit he's good at explaining his mindset so you're not encouraged to just take his opinion as gospel. When Jay actually likes a superhero movie it's usually a good sign because he generally hates superhero movies. Likewise, when they're talking about horror Mike's appreciation for a movie is usually the more reliable sign of a good movie.

'Does anyone want to use the excuse that these films are for children? I offer now as the time to do that'

Why do you place so much authority into the opinions of some washed out film school rejects?

Just because PM had some trade federation subplot - that doesn't dispel the obvious merchandise selling/kid pandering. Why have a kid Darth Vader (that other kids can relate to), pod racing, and Jar-Jar? If that's not pandering to a young audience, then I don't what is. You can argue that Lucas tried to have his cake and eat it too.

It seems like Mike is the one who hates superhero movies. Jay has been a lot more positive to superhero movies for a while now. Look at Civil War, Thor Ragnarok, or even Wonder Woman. The only time it isn't true is when the movie is so dumb and retarded Mike actually likes it which to me is just proof of how he thinks they're all retarded and likes it when they actually come off as schlock.

When future generations sift through the smoldering rubble of postmodern America, they would do well to locate a hard drive with RedLetterMedia content on it. They could study Mike and Jay and, with that thin slice of information, fully understand what it is that killed western civilization.
Those two are bitter, cynical nihilists. They have devoted their lives, the prime years of productivity, to pithily lampooning cultural ephemera and implying "we could do better than these idiot filmmakers, but we're too cool to actually try."
They are every strain of societal AIDS melded together into a super AIDS of cultural death...
Well into middle age, they're still obsessively analyzing adventure stories for children. They're childless, unmarried, stubbornly avoiding an actual profession, opting instead to beg for Patreon donations. They are subsisting on the patronage of even more embittered, more lonely, more cynical losers who need virtual friends to swim in their vast Petri dish of misery with them.
Look in their fucking eyes, man. It's a joyless, pointless existence they're living.
They are so afraid of sincerity or honest artistic effort that they'll leave behind hours of footage of them chuckling about Tommy Wiseau. They are artistic cowards and abject failures in every respect.
Each time you catch a glimpse of them, you're reminded that we peaked as a civilization a long time ago. We're done creating. We're done feeling real emotions. All we can do now is analyze, criticize, and ironically pick through the dessicated corpse of our once great nation.

because i take my opinion seriously? and giving a shit about his opinion or not doesn't mean anything till you fucking know how to judge a movie by yourself my friend

Mike is very reliable and trustworthy, you will never take his opinion so far up the ass or don't take so far, you see user, don't destroy your anus

also, that screenshot is so shitty, give yourself the pleasure of best quality please?

THIS.

>This utilitarian method (subjective though it may be) is probably the optimal

But what about people who enjoy movies that make them feel miserable?

I think that's pretty obvious after his unbridled love for Apocalypse. The guy enjoys comic book movies that are as dumb and bombastic as actual comic books. He liked then Avengers as well. It's when they get serious or try to be anything other than mindless entertainment that Mike draws the line.

this pretty much

dude's opinion is just information, not gospel

>it's still Luke and Vader in ROTJ
The one where Vader does that ridiculous back flip down the stairs? No thanks. Best OT duel is the Empire Vader vs Luke fight.

What does Mike have to look forward to?

Death.

I can't wait for the actress who played Naidene to reveal that she was sexually harassed by Jay and Rich.

>most of RotJ is on par with A New Hope

Not even close. Ewoks and space battle are retarded.

More likely it was by Mike.

He'll just use his irony shield like he always does though

Kids and a loving wife

looks consensual. but let's destroy his career just in case

You're forgetting about the "power dynamics"

This is literally sexual assault, how is he not in prison right now?

critics don't exist anymore
there are just people with opinions. like your friends or family but on youtube

>>prequel haters
>So like everyone?
exactly

>actress
>harassed by jay "the gay plowman" bauman

pick one

srsly, though, jay is good friends with that erotic model titania who kept getting naked in their movies and shorts

>tfw Channel Awesome buys the redlettermedia domain

> t. Jelly buttmad faggot

The cgi in part 1 is fucking horrible and 2 is aging like milk

Does ironic sexual exploitation still count as exploitation?

friend simulator. mike is the same popcorn munching mouth breather he acts like he's above and the deepest film knowledge jay has is whatever movie A24 produces during the year.

>listening to a man who was never smart enough to finish high school
What do you think?

look at his dead eyes bereft of all hope, how can you destroy what alcohol and awful movies took care of years ago?

>lol we're so burnt out on comic book superhero movies they're all the same!
>b-but please don't get burnt out on our superhero movie reviews where we're all burnt out and they're all the same...

The utilitarian method for comparing movies would just be aggregate ticket sales dumbass

IT'S JUST A JOKE!

kek

>tfw you didn't experience the conventions of the early to mid 2000s
>thirsty cosplayers everywhere in a time before generic mass produced shit started to show up and people homemade their costumes
>no smartphones distracting everyone from the convention
>no SJW rules that can get you thrown out of the place just for telling a joke
>no late teens early twenties group of friends to stay up all night drinking and fucking with

He looks so physically uncomfortable; this is the face of someone who is going to commit suicide.

Channel Awesome still exists? Holy shit am I in 2013 again?

He's just pretending. And part of me is really waiting for a real sexual harassment charge against him, he seems like the type.