Between 1970 and 1980, the Overlook clearly had other caretakers apart from (Grady) and Torrance. Who were they...

Between 1970 and 1980, the Overlook clearly had other caretakers apart from (Grady) and Torrance. Who were they? How were their winters?

Why did Ullman just vanish after the first act? If I were in Ullman's position, I would arrange to visit with the local authorities at least twice (and certainly more, practically speaking, say brief monthly check-ins) over the course of the winter, to actually speak with Torrance over the radio and get a sense for how the family are getting on in my charge.

ullman never expected them to survive. he was the devil who made the deal to sacrifice another family. 2 very important things to notice:

1. the window behind him cannot exist IRL

2. the eagle statue is moved to the center after he leaves

In the (at least) fifty years up to Grady's crimes, the caretakers hadn't had any issues, and up until Jack, nobody had in the past decade either. Probably due to one or both of the following:

>They or a family member didn't Shine strong enough (or at all) for the hotel to influence them. Grady mentions one of his daughters hating the Overlook enough to want to burn it down, presumably because it Shined at her like it did with Danny.

>They didn't think it was a good idea to bring their whole fucking family up there with them, hence no one to snap at and murder.

The second reason still begs the question as to why 5-7 months of isolation didn't drive them to suicide or mental incompetency, but as long as they live a lonely life anyway, there probably wouldn't be an issue.

Other than Grady, there wasn't a problem before 1980, so Ullman didn't have much of a reason to suspect anything would go wrong because Grady was just a bad apple.

Just came here to start a Shining mini series thread and how fucking awful it was. I remember watching on TV as a kid and had not seen Kubrick’s yet. How does Stephen King have a word to say about Kubrick’s?

I forgot how good the Shining is

Bc SK is a shit writer but stupid people fed in to his ego to where he thinks he's a good writer and that led to him thinking he could be a good director as well. It's a snowball effect that should have melted away long ago.

Autism must end.

Not autism. The impossible space adds to the setting's maze like design and overall adds to the aesthetic effect of the film, unlike the many other asinine conspiracy theories about the film.

Ullman showed up in the end of the original cut.

>1. the window behind him cannot exist IRL
explain?

fuck yeah shining thread

Because the hotel fed on families who had someone who was able to Shine

The Grady twins had it and tried to burn the hotel down.

you do not understand the way this movie was made user

op is retarded, but he's right about the window, it's a well known fact.

the office is in the middle of the hotel.

its explained here. however, the vieweres wont notice this until Wendy goes back there

>facts
>autism
(((YOU)))

>ywn

this is the exact moment I realized the movie was a masterpiece

She's not hot but she's cute in a weird way.

The Irony... you will be shown the light one day. And if you think im agreeing with that room 237 autist, think again.

>the only good King movies aren't even supernatural but more emotional journeys
>the one great King adaptation is hated by King because he doesn't understand subtlety
>still hasn't been outed as a pedophile

Green Mile, Stand By Me, and Shawshank are good because they don't have some retarded shit in it. I'll say I like Pet Semetary, It, and The Stand but Stand has that retarded as fuck ending with It suffering because Curry steals every scene making the rest tedious.

The Stand is so comfy though, if you've read the book obviously. Trashy and Lloyd needed a shitload more screen time tho